Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Integra pulls GT mustang

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 04:09 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ponygt65
I think you missed my point. That type of mentality is set for those that want to 'brag' about how much boost they are running. That means jack in the true picture.

A higher CR motor with less boost will make the same power as one with lower CR and higher boost. The powerband's (mostly the TQ) will be in the favor of the higher CR. As long as the target power is maintained there is nothing wrong with boosting a higher CR motor. With all FI applications it will take the right amount of fuel and timing to make sure detonation will not set in.

Per my example I'd take a mach motor's CR (10:1) with 8psi over a Cobra's 8.5CR with 10 psi. The powerband over all will be better than the cobra's (generally speaking of course).

My only point was 'low cr with boost' is extremely over rated vs. less boost with higher CR. Having said that, I'm going outside the relm of Vtech and VVT setups and speaking in general terms. To further the point, I wouldn't be too comfy putting a PD blower on top of a 10.5:1 CR motor. I'd lessin' it to 10 or lower. Definitely no higher than 10. But that's me.
i still have to disagree to a point, your point about making the same power i agree with, thats true, and the higher CR will have a better torque curve, but it will be limited in the amount of boost it can run by its higher CR, as you try to add boost you will be fighting det. and eventually so much so that your pulling timing back and not making power. and about lower cr being overrated, i think some people see something on the net or hear someone who knows something say that and then THEY just throw that out to look smart, lower CR is how i personally built my boosted honda motor because i wanted to push it and not have to fight back det. but my 408 i went high CR to get as much power as i could on motor and then if i decide to add juice or boost it wont need as much, but i wont be able to add as much either. anyway, we agree and disagree, but i dont want to argue about it over the net.
Old 02-05-2010, 05:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by the jester 812
i still have to disagree to a point, your point about making the same power i agree with, thats true, and the higher CR will have a better torque curve, but it will be limited in the amount of boost it can run by its higher CR, as you try to add boost you will be fighting det. and eventually so much so that your pulling timing back and not making power. and about lower cr being overrated, i think some people see something on the net or hear someone who knows something say that and then THEY just throw that out to look smart, lower CR is how i personally built my boosted honda motor because i wanted to push it and not have to fight back det. but my 408 i went high CR to get as much power as i could on motor and then if i decide to add juice or boost it wont need as much, but i wont be able to add as much either. anyway, we agree and disagree, but i dont want to argue about it over the net.
One of us is missing a point that's being made..that's for sure.
Old 02-05-2010, 05:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Per my example I'd take a mach motor's CR (10:1) with 8psi over a Cobra's 8.5CR with 10 psi. The powerband over all will be better than the cobra's (generally speaking of course).

My only point was 'low cr with boost' is extremely over rated vs. less boost with higher CR. Having said that, I'm going outside the relm of Vtech and VVT setups and speaking in general terms. To further the point, I wouldn't be too comfy putting a PD blower on top of a 10.5:1 CR motor. I'd lessin' it to 10 or lower. Definitely no higher than 10. But that's me.

Very Valid point, the reason most people go with a lower CR is so they can run higher boost further on down the road. If you are running and tuned on a 10cr on 8psi and want more hp you better have one hell of a good tuner or deep pockets for more parts. But a car with a lower cr ratio will be able to safely increase the boost. With a good tune, I mean Detonation can be a bitch and is way more likely on a higher Cr motor when increasing boost. Depending on if the engine is built to handle boost and other factors

Last edited by ninjai_ruken; 02-05-2010 at 05:48 PM.
Old 02-05-2010, 09:49 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ninjai_ruken
Very Valid point, the reason most people go with a lower CR is so they can run higher boost further on down the road. If you are running and tuned on a 10cr on 8psi and want more hp you better have one hell of a good tuner or deep pockets for more parts. But a car with a lower cr ratio will be able to safely increase the boost. With a good tune, I mean Detonation can be a bitch and is way more likely on a higher Cr motor when increasing boost. Depending on if the engine is built to handle boost and other factors
^^^^ exactly my point, but i do agree with you also pony.. to an extent
Old 02-06-2010, 07:17 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by dsmfan95
The bait was me posting that 2valves run 14s and get beat by LT1s
So you admit now you were trolling. Great. So you were trolling, then you said you weren't, now you said you are.
you took it by doing your usual defense that you have fucked up so many threads with in SRK.
Whoa Whoa Whoa there. Hold on Buddy. If you purposely do something to antagonize someone, when you know what the outcome is, you are the one ******* up the thread. Not me. Having said that, If I came in here being as equally trollish as you were, saying LS1s were slow etc, you better bet someone would correct you as I did. Would that be their fault? Of course not. It again would be the fault of the troll. Which in this case is you. Though like I said, I hope you feel good about this condescending smuggness you've portrayed.
I actually intended it to be a joke, hence the smiley face underneath it. But I gave you too much credit and it went over your head.
Yes, yes, that's what it was. It just went over my head... It couldn't be the fact that your post was vague as to it's intentions. Smiley face alone does not = joke, not being serious. It could very well mean "I'm being a smartass"

I mean I could go into how you admitting that you trolled me above, But then in the next sentence came back and then said you were just joking etc.

You're all over the map here. Which one was it?

I suggest you take a look at this page.

http://www.vandruff.com/art_converse.html

It will help you look less like a silly person the next time you post.
Originally Posted by TransFan
Please stop hijacking threads trolling about the 2V GT's. No one cares about what they run in the quarter, what cars they can beat blah blah blah. Like a broken record in every thread..
I fixed that for you TransFan. I am not the one that starts the silliness. As I, and other mods have pointed out before.

Dude...you're taking this too far.
Really I'm not. It just gets annoying that I can't post in a thread without some idiot troll making an immature comment about 2v Mustangs. Then when I reply, they get all bent out of shape like they didn't do anything. It's silly.

I get the blame because I own the Mustang. If I was in here trolling like the tards in here that are, but about LS1s, I'd be been banned by now.

Isn't there a rule against harassing people in multiple threads?

As far as the trollings go, they don't bother me. People blaming me for the 2v conversations when I didn't even bring them up however kinda make my IQ level drop a bit at such stupidity.

As far as "taking things too far" come on pony, I've seen you take really inane arguments 10 pages plus with the multiple quoting going on. You make my "going to far" look like a skip down the road.

To show you just how upset I don't get here, or how it doesn't bother me, Most of the time when I am on here, I am on here during work. When I having nothing to do. If I get on here at home, I'm usually smoking a fatty while laughing at what is being said. Believe me, it takes a lot more than inter-thugs, and GM fanboy trolls to get my pants in a bunch. I used to be a oper on IRC in the 90s. I've been abused far worse

Last edited by Ke^in; 02-06-2010 at 07:26 AM.
Old 02-06-2010, 07:29 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 1SLwLS1
Had both a 94 GSR with bolt ons and a tune, and a 2002 GT with bolt ons and a tune.

Modified GSR was quicker than the 2002 GT stock, much less when you add boost to it...almost bought a Jackson Racing supercharger, but car flooded soon after, so that idea went away.

Nice kill in the DD OP
How much HP did that GSR have stock? And what mods did they both have? Just curious.
Old 02-06-2010, 07:53 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ke^in
I am not the one that starts the silliness. As I, and other mods have pointed out before.
Oh...but you do...and I'm getting tired of it...as I've pointed out to you via PM. I'm not referring to this post specifically, but to your collective body of "work" here. I'm not the only one to point out how you try to steer every single thread your in towards a 2V GT. Newsflash, we don't care about them so stop it already.

Thanks.

-Admin
Old 02-06-2010, 07:59 AM
Teching In

So you admit now you were trolling. Great. So you were trolling, then you said you weren't, now you said you are.

Whoa Whoa Whoa there. Hold on Buddy. If you purposely do something to antagonize someone, when you know what the outcome is, you are the one ******* up the thread. Not me. Having said that, If I came in here being as equally trollish as you were, saying LS1s were slow etc, you better bet someone would correct you as I did. Would that be their fault? Of course not. It again would be the fault of the troll. Which in this case is you. Though like I said, I hope you feel good about this condescending smuggness you've portrayed.

Yes, yes, that's what it was. It just went over my head... It couldn't be the fact that your post was vague as to it's intentions. Smiley face alone does not = joke, not being serious. It could very well mean "I'm being a smartass"

I mean I could go into how you admitting that you trolled me above, But then in the next sentence came back and then said you were just joking etc.

You're all over the map here. Which one was it?

I suggest you take a look at this page.

http://www.vandruff.com/art_converse.html

It will help you look less like a silly person the next time you post.

I fixed that for you TransFan. I am not the one that starts the silliness. As I, and other mods have pointed out before.

Really I'm not. It just gets annoying that I can't post in a thread without some idiot troll making an immature comment about 2v Mustangs. Then when I reply, they get all bent out of shape like they didn't do anything. It's silly.

I get the blame because I own the Mustang. If I was in here trolling like the tards in here that are, but about LS1s, I'd be been banned by now.

Isn't there a rule against harassing people in multiple threads?

As far as the trollings go, they don't bother me. People blaming me for the 2v conversations when I didn't even bring them up however kinda make my IQ level drop a bit at such stupidity.

As far as "taking things too far" come on pony, I've seen you take really inane arguments 10 pages plus with the multiple quoting going on. You make my "going to far" look like a skip down the road.

To show you just how upset I don't get here, or how it doesn't bother me, Most of the time when I am on here, I am on here during work. When I having nothing to do. If I get on here at home, I'm usually smoking a fatty while laughing at what is being said. Believe me, it takes a lot more than inter-thugs, and GM fanboy trolls to get my pants in a bunch. I used to be a oper on IRC in the 90s. I've been abused far worse
Someone is sensitive about their 14sec Mustang.
Old 02-06-2010, 08:08 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by unit213
Oh...but you do...
I can show you were I don't start most of it if you want me to. I offered to do that earlier, but you said you didn't care, or didn't have the time to do so. Having said that, other mods and users have pointed out that I don't start it most of the time. And since I took that 3 day break I haven't started it once.

BTW during the 3 days I was going, it was still going on and on and on even when I wasn't there.

But I am sure I'll be blamed for it too

But I tell you what, I wont bring up the 2v from now one. Wont say a word about it in any threads that isn't already talking about it. (I've actually been doing this for about a week) Will you then say something to the actual people doing the trolling anyhow? Because I have yet to see that happen.

Originally Posted by dsmfan95
Someone is sensitive about their 14sec Mustang.
Someone is still being a troll. But now he is projecting too.

Hell, I saw how you reacted when lemons was busting your ****.

Glass, houses, rocks and stuff.
Old 02-06-2010, 09:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

2v Mustangs are the fastest and best ever though!!!! That's why I always by F-Bodys, cause I can't handle the 2v Mustangs!!! LOL.......

On his defense, this is a story about a Teggy and a Stang soo...its semi relative in THIS thread..... Too bad this entire thread = FAIL and is all Vtec TECH....lol
Old 02-06-2010, 11:08 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by baalic
2v Mustangs are the fastest and best ever though!!!! That's why I always by F-Bodys, cause I can't handle the 2v Mustangs!!! LOL.......

On his defense, this is a story about a Teggy and a Stang soo...its semi relative in THIS thread..... Too bad this entire thread = FAIL and is all Vtec TECH....lol
The Vtec tech is also semi relevant in that case
Old 02-06-2010, 12:03 PM
TECH Regular

Old 02-06-2010, 01:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 06 6.0 GTO
The Vtec tech is also semi relevant in that case
maybe so but now we have like 4 or 5 pages on a thread that fails!! LOL
Old 02-06-2010, 02:14 PM
***Repost Police***

How much HP did that GSR have stock? And what mods did they both have? Just curious.
My stock one put down 142whp/119wtq when it was at 189k miles. Seems to be fairly standard for a strong-running OBD1 GS-R.
Old 02-06-2010, 05:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ninjai_ruken
Originally Posted by the jester 812
^^^^ exactly my point, but i do agree with you also pony.. to an extent
I'm talking non forged stock motors. No matter how much 'boost' you throw at it, there are power limits. It doesn't matter if there is 8psi on 10CR or 12 psi on 8CR. that power limit will be reached regardless. So to go with a lower CR motor just to 'run more boost' is ignorant thinking. If you are trying to be 'safe' then A) don't go FI, B) do better research on your tuner.

I'm not saying every instance is better with higher CR. I'm merely showing examples where the lower CR with higher boost really makes no sense. I can show you plenty of turbo, Centrif, and pd FI setups where the motor is sitting around 10 CR. 9.5-10.2 roughly. Their powerband in the lower RPMs is way better than 9 or less CR. Those examples are forged setups and can handle it. But again, when it comes to stock non-forged setups, it doesn't really matter given the limits of the stock internals. Now, if you want to go 700rwhp+...yeah, I wouldn't suggest going with 10+CR on FI. (although, I do know of someone and he's been that way for a long time with no problems).

Does that clear the mud some? If not....IDK how else to explain it.
Old 02-06-2010, 05:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

I can show you were I don't start most of it if you want me to. I offered to do that earlier, but you said you didn't care, or didn't have the time to do so. Having said that, other mods and users have pointed out that I don't start it most of the time. And since I took that 3 day break I haven't started it once.

BTW during the 3 days I was going, it was still going on and on and on even when I wasn't there.

But I am sure I'll be blamed for it too

But I tell you what, I wont bring up the 2v from now one. Wont say a word about it in any threads that isn't already talking about it. (I've actually been doing this for about a week) Will you then say something to the actual people doing the trolling anyhow? Because I have yet to see that happen.

Someone is still being a troll. But now he is projecting too.

Hell, I saw how you reacted when lemons was busting your ****.

Glass, houses, rocks and stuff.

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
My stock one put down 142whp/119wtq when it was at 189k miles. Seems to be fairly standard for a strong-running OBD1 GS-R.
so, GSR with turbo is what- 225hp?
Guess that is all it takes to beat a 2V-GT.

But 2V's are the greatest ever!
Had to say that or K--- would start crying and make another 3 pages of posts.
Old 02-06-2010, 07:12 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by proporio
That would be a very safe and low hp level for a turbo GSR.

But most are around there. Depends on how much people are willing to push the motor or sometimes who tunes it.
Old 02-07-2010, 02:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Never dynod the GSR. Stock they came with ~175crank hp. I would guess with full exhaust, intake, pulleys, and tune, I added 15-20. SOTP definitely told me more, but ill be modest and guess 15-20.

GT had BBK LTs, BBK CAI, BBK O/R X Magnaflow catback, and tune. Put down 257 rwhp, and 304 rwtq.
Old 02-07-2010, 06:52 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
How much they weigh? Sound about like a 99 Neon R/T
Old 02-07-2010, 06:54 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by proporio
Guess that is all it takes to beat a 2V-GT.
Uh, a 2V GT dynos at 230-240 rwhp. And I am sure it's heavier than the Integ. I could easily see one betting a stock fbody as well with a tad more boost.
But 2V's are the greatest ever!
Had to say that or K--- would start crying and make another 3 pages of posts.
Talking to you reminds me of this post. Especially the last statement you made.

Not once did I say my slow 2v was "THE GREATEST EVER!11" Not even close.

When you have to revert to dishonesty to attempt to justify your asinine behavior, you have already lost.