Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

C6 Z06 vs 524whp EVO 9 vs 485+whp STI (vid)

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 09:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bet you could hold off that evo with intake and a tune.

man that sti sure had a lot of lights on, looking at the dash cluster made me think it was christmas time.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:18 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Wesmanw02
I don't give props to ricers.

Anyone who mods their 4 cylinder import to the point where its making that kind of power is either stupid, ignorant, or both. No 2.0L Mitsubishi is going to hold that kind of power for long, especially on stock components.

Its kind of like running down the track on a 200 shot, sure you may be able to do it and pull great numbers, but that doesn't mean its going to last.

If you want to go fast and do it right, you don't buy a Mitsubishi.

And by the way, I own a 4 cylinder turbocharged car, so its not like I don't understand these cars. Its a good daily driver, nothing more. Modding it to beat Z06's retarded, there are much better ways to go fast. And none of them involve 4 cylinders or transversely mounted engines.

^I'm guessing it's a FWD turbo 4 right? Thats the problem ricer, get a real car.

Well, at least i'm unbiased about the situation. It was a good run regardless. If you lose to an evo, do you make excuses and talk **** Wesman? If so you are more the ricer than the guy driving his car. How do you know his car is built improperly or on stock internals?
Old 02-09-2010, 09:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by willizm
^I'm guessing it's a FWD turbo 4 right? Thats the problem ricer, get a real car.
Everything just goes right over your head. Thats becoming obvious. You're just too damn stupid.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:30 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by venom ws7
Awesome runs man I really enjoyed the vid...

I'm sure with LT Headers / intake and tune your car will be over 480rwhp so rematch will be goooooood

Both EVO and STI runs great too..
Thanks Bud!!

yeah hopefully with headers+intake+tune... will be able to beat the EVO...

The STI is a little hard and needs more than bolt-ons to beat it
Old 02-09-2010, 09:32 PM
9 Second Club

Everything just goes right over your head. Thats becoming obvious. You're just too damn stupid.
I'm just f'ing with you at this point and you keep taking it hook line and sinker. I wonder if I can get you angry enough to strike your wife tonight.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:33 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by scramblerman
Good runs. That evo really runs good. Then again you are at a high elevation and N/a loses alot more power than turbo does.
Longtubes, cai, tune and he will be seeing your tail lights.
Thanks man and True, at this elevation, N/A cars loses more power than FI full sec in the 1/4 mile
Old 02-09-2010, 09:34 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by walhan_qtr
Thanks Bud!!

yeah hopefully with headers+intake+tune... will be able to beat the EVO...

The STI is a little hard and needs more than bolt-ons to beat it
What about top end? Does that evo seem to putt out around 140+mph?
Old 02-09-2010, 09:41 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Sharpe
That Evo is a rapist!

Can't wait to see the rematch.
SOON

Originally Posted by ULTIMATEORANGESS
whats that noise between shifts?

good races anyway.
not sure what they call it, but sometimes when you shift fast and the clutch is not fully engaged, thats what you hear... happened twice in this vid

Originally Posted by VTC_WS6
Where did he become a 'cocky ricer'? Why the hatred? The guy makes power and he won.. how about a little props? I know this is LS1tech guys but seriously

Kudos to the Evo, nice job done.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:48 PM
10 Second Club

Nice runs OP. I'd like to see what bolt-ons and a tune do for you. If you take him from a roll, then you got to go for a dig. It would be quite impressive for you to run him down from a dig as those evo's launch like a bat out of hell.
Thanks man.... will be ordering the parts really soon, and we will see

it will be hard to do a dig since im running street tires, and the evo is awd and has semi slicks
Old 02-09-2010, 09:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm just f'ing with you at this point and you keep taking it hook line and sinker. I wonder if I can get you angry enough to strike your wife tonight.
Thats why I said you are too damn stupid. Everything goes over your head.

Why don't you ask your wife is she thinks Evos are the ultimate race car, then when she says no, your drunk *** will probably whoop her ***.

White trash is bad enough, ricer white trash is even worse. Better yet, eurotrashed, drunk, white trash ricers like yourself really lower the bar for everyone.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:52 PM
9 Second Club

Still would be a good challenge since you should be able to walk him from a roll. Would only be natural to go from a dig after that to see where you too would come out at about 130mph.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:55 PM
10 Second Club

I don't give props to ricers.

Anyone who mods their 4 cylinder import to the point where its making that kind of power is either stupid, ignorant, or both. No 2.0L Mitsubishi is going to hold that kind of power for long, especially on stock components.

Its kind of like running down the track on a 200 shot, sure you may be able to do it and pull great numbers, but that doesn't mean its going to last.

If you want to go fast and do it right, you don't buy a Mitsubishi.

And by the way, I own a 4 cylinder turbocharged car, so its not like I don't understand these cars. Its a good daily driver, nothing more. Modding it to beat Z06's retarded, there are much better ways to go fast. And none of them involve 4 cylinders or transversely mounted engines.
well I guess then there are a lot of "stupid, ignorant, or both"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_kT6kjKkx4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9WtwXROf1M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZx32APqUXM

even though they are 4 cylinder, but these engines are great... and you can get some nice power out of these and still be a DD with no problems if done correctly.......
Old 02-09-2010, 09:57 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 180ls1
bet you could hold off that evo with intake and a tune.

man that sti sure had a lot of lights on, looking at the dash cluster made me think it was christmas time.
LOL yeah he needs to get some sensors and these will be all gone....
Old 02-09-2010, 09:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

well I guess then there are a lot of "stupid, ignorant, or both"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_kT6kjKkx4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9WtwXROf1M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZx32APqUXM

even though they are 4 cylinder, but these engines are great... and you can get some nice power out of these and still be a DD with no problems if done correctly.......
You can't fix stupid, people would make horse and buggies fast if they could.

Heres what you fail to notice:

Cammed out 4 cylinders don't run well on the street.

Huge turbos have horrible turbo lag.

Full built, boosted up, giant turbo 4 cylinders get horrible fuel economy.

And best of all, "reliability" is not a term in their vocabulary, because they are always blowing up.

I don't see whats so hard to understand. Building up a riceburning 4 cylinder to go fast is like pissing in the wind, you are just wasting your time.

And BTW, all those pieces of **** sound so bad that they make me want to cut my ears off...
Old 02-09-2010, 10:01 PM
10 Second Club

What about top end? Does that evo seem to putt out around 140+mph?
I would still think it will be hard even at top end.... at 650whp and 550++wtq it will be really hard, but i guess we will see how it goes...

and yeah EVOs and STIs in general do after 140-150mph..
Old 02-09-2010, 10:02 PM
10 Second Club

You can't fix stupid, people would make horse and buggies fast if they could.

Heres what you fail to notice:

Cammed out 4 cylinders don't run well on the street.

Huge turbos have horrible turbo lag.

Full built, boosted up, giant turbo 4 cylinders get horrible fuel economy.

And best of all, "reliability" is not a term in their vocabulary, because they are always blowing up.

I don't see whats so hard to understand. Building up a riceburning 4 cylinder to go fast is like pissing in the wind, you are just wasting your time.

And BTW, all those pieces of **** sound so bad that they make me want to cut my ears off...
LOL man I like you hahaha
Old 02-09-2010, 10:05 PM
9 Second Club

Thats why I said you are too damn stupid. Everything goes over your head.

Why don't you ask your wife is she thinks Evos are the ultimate race car, then when she says no, your drunk *** will probably whoop her ***.

White trash is bad enough, ricer white trash is even worse. Better yet, eurotrashed, drunk, white trash ricers like yourself really lower the bar for everyone.
No one really is backing up the verbal diarrhea that is pouring onto your keyboard my friend. You can talk all the **** you want but the truth of the matter is that no one likes you, no one is backing you up, and it's becoming quite pathetic and predictable how you act. You are good for a laugh as you are the type of car enthusiast I detest the most. You couldn't find any merit in a car unless it is a GM, Chrysler and maybe even a ford. If it's foreign you hate it like outside influence in your bible belt.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

No one really is backing up the verbal diarrhea that is pouring onto your keyboard my friend.
With retards like you in this thread, of course they aren't.

You can talk all the **** you want but the truth of the matter is that no one likes you, no one is backing you up, and it's becoming quite pathetic and predictable how you act.
I couldn't give a rats *** if you like me or not, you're nothing more than a yuppie scumbag that thinks you know it all. You're trolling a thread trying to stick up for jap ****, get a life.

And for the record, I like BMW's, just not the stuck up idiots that drive them (you).

You are good for a laugh as you are the type of car enthusiast I detest the most. You couldn't find any merit in a car unless it is a GM, Chrysler and maybe even a ford. If it's foreign you hate it like outside influence in your bible belt.
Nobody cares what you detest, your opinion is worth absolutely nothing to anyone. I stick up for the best car, and a retard trying to make a mitsubishi lancer fast by overboosting a 4 cylinder is still a retard no matter how you look at it. And seeing as you think thats a good idea, its pretty obvious you are just as ignorant.

When you actually work on a car yourself, then try and open your mouth. Until then, keep watching Youtube and thinking that you know everything there is to know about building a fast car

Last edited by Wesmanw02; 02-09-2010 at 10:15 PM.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:17 PM
10 Second Club

well I drove that evo on the streets and let me tell you, it is by all means a DD. full boost at around 3900 RPM, I wont really call that a horrible lag. and even though it has cams, still drive really nice on the streets with no issues of any kind...

as I said, if its done correctly, you wont have any of the issues you mentioned above.... you don't have to have big turbos or big cams, this is not the case where "bigger is better"...

it all depends on who build the car and why and where he want to use it...

yes you will lose some mpg (as in any car you want to make it fast) but well you have to pay to play.... if you want your car to be fast, you have to lost some mpg... never saw a car that gained power and mpg at the same time... true some loses less than other...

and believe me, if done correctly, it will be reliable just like any other modded car on the streets

and this is coming from a guy who never owned a jap car

all chevy vvvvv

Last edited by walhan_qtr; 02-09-2010 at 10:22 PM.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

well I drove that evo on the streets and let me tell you, it is by all means a DD. full boost at around 3900 RPM, I wont really call that a horrible lag. and even though it has cams, still drive really nice on the streets with no issues of any kind...
So in other words it has absolutely NO power until 4,000RPM. Thats horrible turbo lag. I've driven turbo cars that spool at 1800RPM, 4,000RPM is a joke for a DD.

as I said, if its done correctly, you wont have any of the issues you mentioned above.... you don't have to have big turbos or big cams, this is not the case where "bigger is better"...
You don't make 500+WHP with a 2.0L 4 cylinder without huge cams and a huge turbo.

it all depends on who build the car and why and where he want to use it...
Anyone who builds a 500WHP 4 cylinder Mitsubishi Lancer for a DD is an idiot, regardless. If someone is trying to built it as a track car, they are still retarded, because there are much better ways to make power and go fast.

yes you will lose some mpg (as in any car you want to make it fast) but well you have to pay to play.... if you want your car to be fast, you have to lost some mpg... never saw a car that gained power and mpg at the same time... true some loses less than other...
Look at your Z06...it will easily manage 25MPG highway. You'd be lucky to get 15MPG in a 500WHP Evo with the mods it takes to get that kind of power. Huge cams, injectors, turbo, and a rich tune do not equal anything close to decent MPG's.

and believe me, if done correctly, it will be reliable just like any other modded car on the streets
Its simple physics. Pushing that kind of power with that small of displacement puts huge amounts of stress on the engine. Its not going to last more than a few thousands miles, I've seen it first hand.

Think about it, this is not rocket science. Each cylinder on the Evo displaces .5L. So at 500WHP, each cylinder is making 125HP. That means 125HP for .5L, or 250HP per liter. Thats is an EXTREME amount of stress on the engine, regardless of the engine's internals. A Z06 at 500WHP is making 62.5HP per cylinder, or 71HP per liter. Thats a ton less stress, and the Z06 uses forged internals and dry sump oiling stock. Not only that, but a V8 is naturally balanced by its counterweighs, whereas a 4 cylidner is 100% unbalanced, creating horrible harmonics unless dual balance shafts are added. Most ricers remove balance shafts if they are there to save power, which proves how retarded they really are.

Only an ricer moron would claim that making power with a Mitsubishi 4 cylinder is preferred to making power with a real engine, such as an LS7. And sadly, they are out there.

Last edited by Wesmanw02; 02-09-2010 at 10:40 PM.