Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

C6 Z06 vs 524whp EVO 9 vs 485+whp STI (vid)

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 06:35 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wesmanw02
Everything just goes right over your head. Thats becoming obvious. You're just too damn stupid.
http://www.vandruff.com/art_converse.html

You deserve a metal
What kind of metal? Titanium is nice I hear. I think you mean medal? As in short for medallion.

I'd love to have an old Talon to fix up. Those are awesome cars. If I could find one that WASN'T run the crap out of I'd buy it.

Last edited by Ke^in; 02-10-2010 at 06:46 AM.
Old 02-10-2010, 09:30 AM
Daz
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Man ! People will say anything on the internet. I mean ***** just swell up and get so big in front of a computer screen.

As far as I can see basic physics is allowing a 4 cyl turbo to woop some booty !

I must say that I am partial to my 67' camaro but by no means am I bent on just that car or think its the best thing out there. I love many different cars and have owned plenty of Japanese/domestic cars from Integra's, Galant VR4, STi, 76' Trans Am, and my Camaro. I'm planning on getting a MKIII Supra(turbo of course)while I'm building my Camaro and keeping my Integra as a DD.

I understand putting money into a car and not reaping the benefits as you would a different type of car with more potential, but thats what you call an enthusiast for that car. To each his own ! I appreciate when people mod a car tastefully, thats the opposite of a ricer.It doesn't matter where the car is made, its the attitude and ignorance of the owner and the ridiculusness of his mods that don't really work IMHO.

" And that's all I gots to say about that !"
Old 02-10-2010, 09:31 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by walhan_qtr
LOL man, I cant argue with you..... thank god I don't drive a piece of sh*t jap car (as you may call them)

LOOL Believe me you can't make everybody happy...
Old 02-10-2010, 10:10 AM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Boy I've built more cars in my time than you've even driven. I'm an ASE certified automobile technician by trade. When you learn how to change your spark plugs come back and run your mouth
Actually, while I had the headers off I changed the plugs and wires if you really wanted to know. Good for you being an ASE tech and working on other peoples cars. We need people like you to change oil. Me, I wouldn't want to take a pay cut to be an ASE certified tech so I only work on my cars as a hobby and work in a different industry. So what have you built that you currently own because all it seems you have done is have a stock fwd caviler or cobalt and a lightly bolt on T/A? Fact of the matter is that the modded evo and sti beat the OP. He is going to go with some bolt-ons and try again. Yet, the OP is humble about it and you are making up excuses as to why the winner's car is going to fail, blow up or launch and disintegrate.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dsmfan95
You have to take in account that Wesman's knowledge on Evos is purely based on well nothing. 99% of what he says is false and he simply tries to push his opinion off as fact.

I'm the troll here though. Even though he has two other accounts that have been banned. Along with him being banned on the Cobalt forums, STi forums, and a few others.
Correct, you are the troll. You are only here to represent your jap cars, nothing more. Hence why you have 16 posts. You contribute nothing, you just troll the SRK forum.

I haven't been "banned", I've been a member since 2006. Since you obviously suck at math (you must, you think 4 cylinders are awesome) thats 4 years. You just think that anyone who doesn't like rice must be the same person as me. Your ignorance is ridiculous.

And if my information is so wrong, why don'y you correct it instead of just bitching and complaning?? Because you know I'm right, you're just butthurt over it like always. Building a 4 cylinder to go fast is not ideal. Case closed.

Last edited by Wesmanw02; 02-10-2010 at 10:50 AM.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by willizm
Actually, while I had the headers off I changed the plugs and wires if you really wanted to know. Good for you being an ASE tech and working on other peoples cars. We need people like you to change oil. Me, I wouldn't want to take a pay cut to be an ASE certified tech so I only work on my cars as a hobby and work in a different industry. So what have you built that you currently own because all it seems you have done is have a stock fwd caviler or cobalt and a lightly bolt on T/A? Fact of the matter is that the modded evo and sti beat the OP. He is going to go with some bolt-ons and try again. Yet, the OP is humble about it and you are making up excuses as to why the winner's car is going to fail, blow up or launch and disintegrate.
You don't know your *** from a hole in the ground, yet you're going to bash me for having more automotive knowledge than you??

The guy who changes oil at jiffy lube probably makes more money than you do in your "industry", so you have no room to speak.

You're obviously one of those ****** that sits behind his computer in an office punching in numbers all day for $10 and hour. You have no room to critisize anyone in here.

And as for a fully built, cammed out, giant turbo, overboosted, meth injected 4 cylinder beating a stock Z06?? Wow, not impressed. Dump the kind of money into a V8 that the ricer put in his pile of crap Mitsubishi, and you'd have a real car.

Last edited by Wesmanw02; 02-10-2010 at 10:52 AM.
Old 02-10-2010, 11:10 AM
***Repost Police***

"Dump the money blah blah blah." That is always bullshit. Put the kind of money into a foxbody that you used to buy your F-body, and it would kick your ***. Put the kind of money into an F-body that you use to buy an LS3, and the F-body would win. That dollar-for-dollar argument is generally BS, and is an excuse people use when they can't afford what they really want.
Old 02-10-2010, 11:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
"Dump the money blah blah blah." That is always bullshit. Put the kind of money into a foxbody that you used to buy your F-body, and it would kick your ***. Put the kind of money into an F-body that you use to buy an LS3, and the F-body would win. That dollar-for-dollar argument is generally BS, and is an excuse people use when they can't afford what they really want.
You're arguement might actually make sense of the Mitsubishi wasn't a $35,000 dollar car and expensive to mod...

I see your precious Honda S2000 is gone?? What happened?? You wreck it??
Old 02-10-2010, 11:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

You don't know your *** from a hole in the ground, yet you're going to bash me for having more automotive knowledge than you??

The guy who changes oil at jiffy lube probably makes more money than you do in your "industry", so you have no room to speak.

You're obviously one of those ****** that sits behind his computer in an office punching in numbers all day for $10 and hour. You have no room to critisize anyone in here.

And as for a fully built, cammed out, giant turbo, overboosted, meth injected 4 cylinder beating a stock Z06?? Wow, not impressed. Dump the kind of money into a V8 that the ricer put in his pile of crap Mitsubishi, and you'd have a real car.

Wesman,
why is almost every post of yours a hate filled rant?
Why do you have such a need to insult people and to disparage any car that is a 4 banger?

Are you not taking your meds or what? Lighten the **** up!
Don't be such an @sshole, this is a "discussion" board.
Old 02-10-2010, 11:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by proporio
Wesman,
why is almost every post of yours a hate filled rant?
Why do you have such a need to insult people and to disparage any car that is a 4 banger?

Are you not taking your meds or what? Lighten the **** up!
Don't be such an @sshole, this is a "discussion" board.
If you real Willizm, you'll see why my post was the way it is.

Unfortunately some people only know what they read on the internet, and even though they have no clue what they are doing, they try and stick up for cars that they have no clue about.
Old 02-10-2010, 11:30 AM
***Repost Police***

You're arguement might actually make sense of the Mitsubishi wasn't a $35,000 dollar car and expensive to mod...

I see your precious Honda S2000 is gone?? What happened?? You wreck it??
Even though your gay argument is quite ricer, you HONESTLY don't think you couldn't throw $40k at a new EVO and absolutely butt-**** a Z06 in every contest? Really? And as far as my car, I sold it to pay for school so I don't have to rely on my "ASE Certification" to make $40k/year like you for the rest of my life. Unless I am being too generous...

Last edited by Irunelevens; 02-10-2010 at 11:57 AM.
Old 02-10-2010, 11:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Even though you gay argument is quite ricer, you HONESTLY don't think you couldn't throw $40k at a new EVO and absolutely butt-**** a Z06 in every contest? Really? And as far as my car, I sold it to pay for school so I don't have to rely on my "ASE Certification" to make $40k/year like you for the rest of my life. Unless I am being too generous...
Thats funny because I already have an Associates and I'm going to have my Bachelors in a year. Let me guess you're going to school for computers

And no, an Evo with 5k won't do **** to a stock Z06. Z06 will still have way more power, its lighter, much better brakes, and it still handles better and gets better MPG's. I'd say the gay Evo would be the one getting *** raped.
Old 02-10-2010, 11:51 AM
***Repost Police***

Since when does a new Z06 cost $40k? Reading comprehension > you. And the "already have my associates, going for my bachelors" sounds like a cop-out to me. Tell me, what is your degree in? I'm gonna guess it's not anything requiring more than a modicum of intelligence.
Old 02-10-2010, 11:53 AM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've asked repeatedly what type of car you have built and you just result to insults. I doubt you have built anything substantial to even back all of the assumptions that you spew on this thread. I'm not going to sit here and talk about how much I make, but I will say I make pretty good, good enough to buy my cars in cash and on top of that I am still in my 20's. I may not have an ASE certification, but my observation is that the evo's I've seen run really fast and have been doing so for much longer then you think they should. Maybe those people know how to build up the car to handle that much torque.

If you real Willizm, you'll see why my post was the way it is.

Unfortunately some people only know what they read on the internet, and even though they have no clue what they are doing, they try and stick up for cars that they have no clue about.
I guess I'm just trying to out troll you and put you in your place. Anyone can be a douche on the internet, but the level of bias you posses just shows the level of ignorance that you have. On top of that instead of laying out the technical reasons why you have your view point you resort to insulting people.

Even though you gay argument is quite ricer, you HONESTLY don't think you couldn't throw $40k at a new EVO and absolutely butt-**** a Z06 in every contest? Really? And as far as my car, I sold it to pay for school so I don't have to rely on my "ASE Certification" to make $40k/year like you for the rest of my life. Unless I am being too generous...
I totally agree. There are some platforms that are truly not worth it. A nissan sentra or a camry for example would be awful platforms in my mind along with a cavilier or cobalt. Evo's and STI's have proven to be potent platforms for substantial gains and you can pick up an evo 5mt for 28K new if you shop around for it.
Old 02-10-2010, 11:56 AM
Teching In

Correct, you are the troll. You are only here to represent your jap cars, nothing more. Hence why you have 16 posts. You contribute nothing, you just troll the SRK forum.

I haven't been "banned", I've been a member since 2006. Since you obviously suck at math (you must, you think 4 cylinders are awesome) thats 4 years. You just think that anyone who doesn't like rice must be the same person as me. Your ignorance is ridiculous.

And if my information is so wrong, why don'y you correct it instead of just bitching and complaning?? Because you know I'm right, you're just butthurt over it like always. Building a 4 cylinder to go fast is not ideal. Case closed.
Actually you have been banned, check my signature for your other name. You made the mistake of mentioning your friend with the POS Evo under more than one name. The other one is banned. You were called out, and you ignored it. "Wesmanw02" has had a few temporary bans as well, rather peaceful during that time. Should I drag up your profiles from many other 4 cylinder forums that you've been banned from? Or will you try to claim that I magically made up all of those names many years ago in order to sabotage your reputation, like you did before.

Second, it's useless to correct you. I've done it on multiple occasions, to which you reply troll or ricer. If I'm the troll that only frequents the SRK section to defend my jap box, why do you enter the SRK section and ONLY reply to threads that envolve Jap boxes?

I will entertain you this once though, and hopefully other non retarded members that aren't familiar with these cars and would like to learn a little something.

Evos need cams just to hit 350WHP. He has huge cams. Guaranteed.
Completely wrong. No need in sugar coating and saying "well if". I made more than 350whp on STOCK turbo and stock cams on a Mustang dyno..

It won't. Its called massive injectors (remember, there are only 4), huge cams, and an aggressive tune.
Completely wrong again. I clear 20mpg no problem making 500whp+ on E85. I understand that you don't have any knowledge on tuning (oil change techs don't really need it), but fine tuning your injector scalings and injector latencies really help with gas mileage and how the car runs.

The Evo's motor was stock, minus cams. The turbo he's running is a modified stocker not some giant one. He's running E85, not methanol injection. Maybe you should do some research on E85, and learn the differences it between it and methanol.
Old 02-10-2010, 11:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Since when does a new Z06 cost $40k? Reading comprehension > you. And the "already have my associates, going for my bachelors" sounds like a cop-out to me. Tell me, what is your degree in? I'm gonna guess it's not anything requiring more than a modicum of intelligence.
Cop out?? LOL you are a joke. You drive around in an S2000 that your mommy bought you, you can't even change your own oil, and you're username says you run 11's even though your S2gay ran 15's.

You have a lot of growing up to do. Then again so do most 17 year old ricers.
Old 02-10-2010, 11:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by willizm
I've asked repeatedly what type of car you have built and you just result to insults. I doubt you have built anything substantial to even back all of the assumptions that you spew on this thread. I'm not going to sit here and talk about how much I make, but I will say I make pretty good, good enough to buy my cars in cash and on top of that I am still in my 20's. I may not have an ASE certification, but my observation is that the evo's I've seen run really fast and have been doing so for much longer then you think they should. Maybe those people know how to build up the car to handle that much torque.
Exactly. Observations. You have NO CLUE what you are talking about. You saw a fast evo once that didn't blow up, so they must all be like that. Save it.

I guess I'm just trying to out troll you and put you in your place. Anyone can be a douche on the internet, but the level of bias you posses just shows the level of ignorance that you have. On top of that instead of laying out the technical reasons why you have your view point you resort to insulting people.
I'll only insult someone if they insult me first. Hence why I called you out, because you can't have a discussion without resorting to name calling.
Old 02-10-2010, 12:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by dsmfan95
Actually you have been banned, check my signature for your other name. You made the mistake of mentioning your friend with the POS Evo under more than one name. The other one is banned. You were called out, and you ignored it. "Wesmanw02" has had a few temporary bans as well, rather peaceful during that time. Should I drag up your profiles from many other 4 cylinder forums that you've been banned from? Or will you try to claim that I magically made up all of those names many years ago in order to sabotage your reputation, like you did before.
You are a joke. You honestly waste your time to troll other forums, pick out people have similar opinions to me own, and then try and say I'm surfing the internet using 1,000 usernames on 1,000 different forums?? Seriously, you need a life. You are pathetic.

Second, it's useless to correct you. I've done it on multiple occasions, to which you reply troll or ricer. If I'm the troll that only frequents the SRK section to defend my jap box, why do you enter the SRK section and ONLY reply to threads that envolve Jap boxes?
Go defend your jap box somehere else. The website is LS1Tech, not mygayevo.com.

Completely wrong. No need in sugar coating and saying "well if". I made more than 350whp on STOCK turbo and stock cams on a Mustang dyno..
On what, 40lbs of boost lol?? Nobody cares about you maxing out your engine to try and put down numbers.

Completely wrong again. I clear 20mpg no problem making 500whp+ on E85. I understand that you don't have any knowledge on tuning (oil change techs don't really need it), but fine tuning your injector scalings and injector latencies really help with gas mileage and how the car runs.
20MPG making 500WHP with huge injectors and cams. Your head is so far up your *** its unbelieveable. You're probably calculating the gas mileage wrong, seeing as you can't seem to do anything else right either.
Old 02-10-2010, 12:05 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wesman at it again with ridiculous statements and no proof to backup anything he says, awesomesauce!
Old 02-10-2010, 12:06 PM
***Repost Police***

Cop out?? LOL you are a joke. You drive around in an S2000 that your mommy bought you, you can't even change your own oil, and you're username says you run 11's even though your S2gay ran 15's.

You have a lot of growing up to do. Then again so do most 17 year old ricers.
If you'd like to get into it, actually my dad's life insurance bought the S2000. I am quite capable of changing my own oil, and have pulled the motor out of my old '98 Mustang GT to change the headgaskets/cams. I'm no "ASE certified" mechanic, but I am capable of doing most work that I need to do. "Irunelevens" was in reference to my old motorcycle (which I have said countless times), and my S2000 didn't run 15s. It didn't run anything, because I never took it to the dragstrip. Quick question; how old are you?