Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

C6 Z06 vs 524whp EVO 9 vs 485+whp STI (vid)

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 10:38 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Wesmanw02
You're trolling a thread trying to stick up for jap ****, get a life.

And for the record, I like BMW's, just not the stuck up idiots that drive them (you).

Nobody cares what you detest, your opinion is worth absolutely nothing to anyone. I stick up for the best car, and a retard trying to make a mitsubishi lancer fast by overboosting a 4 cylinder is still a retard no matter how you look at it. And seeing as you think thats a good idea, its pretty obvious you are just as ignorant.

When you actually work on a car yourself, then try and open your mouth. Until then, keep watching Youtube and thinking that you know everything there is to know about building a fast car
I have worked on my cars. This week I put on ARH headers, y pipe, catback and lid on my T/A. What fast cars are you building? A bolt on T/A, what a major accomplishment. The problem is that you assume everything and you are right about nothing.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by willizm
I have worked on my cars. This week I put on ARH headers, y pipe, catback and lid on my T/A. What fast cars are you building? A bolt on T/A, what a major accomplishment.
WOW!!! LMAO, you put on HEADERS?? What an accomplishment. You deserve a metal

You don't have a CLUE, stop posting.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:45 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

WOW!!! LMAO, you put on HEADERS?? What an accomplishment. You deserve a metal

You don't have a CLUE, stop posting.
And what have you done exactly to build a fast car?
Old 02-09-2010, 10:45 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So in other words it has absolutely NO power until 4,000RPM. Thats horrible turbo lag. I've driven turbo cars that spool at 1800RPM, 4,000RPM is a joke for a DD.
well considering the power it makes, its not really that horrible.

You don't make 500+WHP with a 2.0L 4 cylinder without huge cams and a huge turbo.
well this one did, among many others....

Anyone who builds a 500WHP 4 cylinder Mitsubishi Lancer for a DD is an idiot, regardless. If someone is trying to built it as a track car, they are still retarded, because there are much better ways to make power and go fast.
well he would be an idiot with a fast car that im sure can beat a lot of T/As and Z06s on the streets/drag/track

Look at your Z06...it will easily manage 25MPG highway. You'd be lucky to get 15MPG in a 500WHP Evo with the mods it takes to get that kind of power. Huge cams, injectors, turbo, and a rich tune do not equal anything close to decent MPG's.
if you don't let it spool, it should do better than 15mpg and no my Z don't get 25mph (but maybe thats because Im the one driving it LOL)

Its simple physics. Pushing that kind of power with that small of displacement puts huge amounts of stress on the engine. Its not going to last more than a few thousands miles, I've seen it first hand.
I guess we will see how long it will take for this one to blow.... right now it has about a 1000 miles with the new mods...
Old 02-09-2010, 10:46 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Wes, how can you **** off everybody here? Either something is wrong with them or you. Ease up a bit, actually, everyone here could ease up a bit.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by walhan_qtr
well considering the power it makes, its not really that horrible.
I don't care if it makes 1,000HP, thats just plain retarded.

well this one did, among many others....
Evos need cams just to hit 350WHP. He has huge cams. Guaranteed.

well he would be an idiot with a fast car that im sure can beat a lot of T/As and Z06s on the streets/drag/track
Driving a fast evo is kind of like being the smartest retard. Even if you win, you're still an idiot.

if you don't let it spool, it should do better than 15mpg and no my Z don't get 25mph (but maybe thats because Im the one driving it LOL)
It won't. Its called massive injectors (remember, there are only 4), huge cams, and an aggressive tune.

I guess we will see how long it will take for this one to blow.... right now it has about a 1000 miles with the new mods...
Please keep us updated.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by willizm
And what have you done exactly to build a fast car?
Boy I've built more cars in my time than you've even driven. I'm an ASE certified automobile technician by trade. When you learn how to change your spark plugs come back and run your mouth
Old 02-09-2010, 10:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
Wes, how can you **** off everybody here? Either something is wrong with them or you. Ease up a bit, actually, everyone here could ease up a bit.
Just saw your post. Will do.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:54 PM
10 Second Club

LOL man, I cant argue with you..... thank god I don't drive a piece of sh*t jap car (as you may call them)
Old 02-09-2010, 11:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

LOL man, I cant argue with you..... thank god I don't drive a piece of sh*t jap car (as you may call them)
I know!! You might not be alive right now with all those Toyotas with unintentional acceleration and failing brakes lol!! Complete garbage...keep fighting the good fight.
Old 02-09-2010, 11:46 PM
Launching!

seeing a lot of ricer/evo hate here.....I hate rice as much as the next guy...BUT...

Few years back I had a stock 99 Viper...That car was pushing 410rwhp/465 rwt in bone stock form...

I raced quite a few cars in that Viper...Anything from turbo S2000's..Supras...Fbodies...

Only two cars beat that viper..one was a 550 rwhp Supra by 2-3 cars...The other was a 430 awhp Evo by 1-2 cars...

After intake/no cats for 428 rwhp the Evo was beaten by a car or two after a rematch...Then the only Fbody that was able to give me some good runs was a mean ws6 408 pushing 460 plus rwhp...

My point of this is that....Some cars just do a lot with a little..the EVo's at 450-550 awhp are a car to be reckoned with...And thats on a roll....From a dead stop...Man I wouldnt want none....
Old 02-09-2010, 11:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Killemall

Only two cars beat that viper..one was a 550 rwhp Supra by 2-3 cars...The other was a 430 awhp Evo by 1-2 cars...
People claim its so "easy" to make power with these turbo 4 cylinders. What they fail to mention is how "easily" the engine and the rest of the car come apart when you're making significantly more power than the car was designed to handle. Mitsubishi tested the car for the stock 215-225WHP. When you're pushing double that, things are going to fail, and its not going to be pretty. Maybe not in the first day or first month, but soon enough.

My point of this is that....Some cars just do a lot with a little..the EVo's at 450-550 awhp are a car to be reckoned with...And thats on a roll....From a dead stop...Man I wouldnt want none....
Evos don't scare me from a dig. If he's pushing any amount of serious power the transfercase/transaxle is going to explode. And anyone who spends the money for an aftermarket drivetrain obviously thinks way too highly of the car in the first place if they are spending that kind of money on a Mitsubishi Lancer
Old 02-09-2010, 11:58 PM
Teching In

You have to take in account that Wesman's knowledge on Evos is purely based on well nothing. 99% of what he says is false and he simply tries to push his opinion off as fact.

I'm the troll here though. Even though he has two other accounts that have been banned. Along with him being banned on the Cobalt forums, STi forums, and a few others.
Old 02-10-2010, 01:02 AM
TECH Addict

true, I can take him with an intake + Tune im not saying that slow vette only has an intake as ive never seen that car, but im not surprised if thats all what it has..

an intake+tune will give you some nice gain on Z06s.... and street racing have many factors, most imp the drivers.....
If your talking about the RF's Z06... yes, it has a tune in it... a custom dyno tune on a diablo handheld that he keeps telling people he sold but mysteriously still has it lying around to keep changing his gearing!!

ROFLMAO!!!
Old 02-10-2010, 01:15 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by obZidian
If your talking about the RF's Z06... yes, it has a tune in it... a custom dyno tune on a diablo handheld that he keeps telling people he sold but mysteriously still has it lying around to keep changing his gearing!!

ROFLMAO!!!

LOL very funny Ob.....
Old 02-10-2010, 01:18 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Slow Vette
LOL very funny Ob.....
Ur not denying it then?

Ran into your boy last night, lemans blue Z06... Interesting!!
Old 02-10-2010, 02:25 AM
Launching!

I think at this point that it is common knowledge that slow vette has been "behind the bush" about his level of modification on the many videos he has posted..

But even though I am 99% sure..And should be really pissed off at him ect. for posting all those vids with false claims...

Theirs a part of me that wants to keep believing in Santa Clause or the boogie man...Theirs a part of me that wants to believe that the stock Z06 that I have seen in other videos get slaughtered by stock 08 Vipers and stock ZR1's and 570GTR's...Really just wernt well driven and that slowVettes intake only Z06 is the true represetation of what a Z06 can do...

So like I said Im 99% sure that it is common knowledge that he has more than he says..But their ir still that other 1%

Without further adue....This is what slowvettes C6Z06 with just an air intake does to Evo's with over 500 rwhp...

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/C...Evo_723539.htm

Last edited by Killemall; 02-10-2010 at 03:30 AM.
Old 02-10-2010, 03:59 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Killemall
I think at this point that it is common knowledge that slow vette has been "behind the bush" about his level of modification on the many videos he has posted..

But even though I am 99% sure..And should be really pissed off at him ect. for posting all those vids with false claims...

Theirs a part of me that wants to keep believing in Santa Clause or the boogie man...Theirs a part of me that wants to believe that the stock Z06 that I have seen in other videos get slaughtered by stock 08 Vipers and stock ZR1's and 570GTR's...Really just wernt well driven and that slowVettes intake only Z06 is the true represetation of what a Z06 can do...

So like I said Im 99% sure that it is common knowledge that he has more than he says..But their ir still that other 1%

Without further adue....This is what slowvettes C6Z06 with just an air intake does to Evo's with over 500 rwhp...

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/C...Evo_723539.htm
that looks right to me, esp with the way the evo guy shifts... and not to mention that there is no lose in power due to elevation
Old 02-10-2010, 05:48 AM
Launching!

well what can I say...t is what it is...But with the elevation thing...How high are you???

What other cars have you put away in your Z06,,
Old 02-10-2010, 05:56 AM
Teching In

that looks right to me, esp with the way the evo guy shifts... and not to mention that there is no lose in power due to elevation
I'd say the Evo you raced is hurting a little bit from the elevation too. He seems underpowered compared to others.