Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Viper vs cobra

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 12:46 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

here is the same day dyno of my intake/roller rocker srt10 and friends c6Z06 with exhaust butterfly delete mod

458/499 for the srt10 and 455/228 for the C6Z06...

Look at the curve for the Viper..Trust me 3rd gear at 55 mph still hits hard..I wasnt ***** footing around..The 4th gear now yea that was a lil differant but after a few times of seeing how bad he got beat in third..I thought 4th gear my help him out a lil....

He was a good sport and wanted to go over and over..he is a big Viper fan and envited me to his next mustang meet..Ill probally go
Attached Thumbnails Viper vs cobra-dscf1217-20-28small-29.jpg  
Old 02-21-2010, 12:47 AM
Tech Apprentice

If you wern't giving your car 100% while racing then what I said stands. It doesn't matter if your car will outrun a rocket ship while you punch it in 5th gear at 35mph. The guy wanted to see what his car would do against yours. Either agree to it and show him or tell him its not worth it. I fail to see the point of just ******* around unless its something like a really annoying guy in a 170hp Prelude pacing you or something.
Old 02-21-2010, 12:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Killemall
I just wont hit it hard in second gear at 55 mph in the Viper..Im not even sure if it's worth it or not to do it...Sure it hits amazingly hard...But then you have to shift to third before 75 mph..That shift takes time...And is easily missed...
Now I'm no Viper expert but you said your 1st gear goes to 58mph...

I intentionally leave it in third gear even though were going 55 mph and I can hit 58 mph in first gear...
Now you are saying hitting it in 2nd gear at 55mph would be very short.

And what does your car trap in the 1/4th? You are making it sound like its too much to handle on the street. How does a 3rd gear shift "take time" and is "easily missed"?
Old 02-21-2010, 01:07 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v

And what does your car trap in the 1/4th? You are making it sound like its too much to handle on the street. How does a 3rd gear shift "take time" and is "easily missed"?
Man dude your getting rough in your old age...
Old 02-21-2010, 10:21 AM
Launching!

newschool mach...awesome vid..woulda guessed the low elevin...but never the 123 mph trapp speed through an auto with just 440 rwhp...those gears must really wake her up
Old 02-21-2010, 10:31 AM
Launching!

You have now crossed the line ..It is quite evidant at this point that you are just highly upset that I raped a 90's mustang that in some way reminds you of your car...

One day you will run a a viper and perhaps proceed to have a close run or even a victory...While Imagining this Viper is Killemall with a scorned look on your face you will give out a low grumbled laugh that turns into a roar of excitement as you stand up for 20 years of the mustang haveing it's *** handed all in an instant...

ON THAT DAY YOU WILL POST YOUR STORY AND I WILL BE THEIR TO SUPPORT YOU...I WILL NOT WHINE/COMPLAIN OR TAKE AWAY FROM THE GREAT TIME YOU HAD
Old 02-21-2010, 11:38 AM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Im with stopsign32v. This is why this section sucks. Its filled with tall tails about 13sec cars raping crotch rockets or people that want to brag about beating a much slower car.
Old 02-21-2010, 12:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

You have now crossed the line ..It is quite evidant at this point that you are just highly upset that I raped a 90's mustang that in some way reminds you of your car...

One day you will run a a viper and perhaps proceed to have a close run or even a victory...While Imagining this Viper is Killemall with a scorned look on your face you will give out a low grumbled laugh that turns into a roar of excitement as you stand up for 20 years of the mustang haveing it's *** handed all in an instant...

ON THAT DAY YOU WILL POST YOUR STORY AND I WILL BE THEIR TO SUPPORT YOU...I WILL NOT WHINE/COMPLAIN OR TAKE AWAY FROM THE GREAT TIME YOU HAD
Don't flatter yourself. I'm not going to start into a bitch slap fest with you because that is pointless. Like I said, good kill. I was just trying to make sense of what you did. The way your story comes out makes it seem like you felt that your friend with the Cobra is less of a person because he doesn't have a Viper.
Old 02-21-2010, 01:55 PM
Launching!

Good kill ,but I am a fan of going all out. Doesn't really come off as a real race if both aren't going all out. Just my 2 cents.
Old 02-21-2010, 07:38 PM
Launching!

Don't flatter yourself. I'm not going to start into a bitch slap fest with you because that is pointless. Like I said, good kill. I was just trying to make sense of what you did. The way your story comes out makes it seem like you felt that your friend with the Cobra is less of a person because he doesn't have a Viper.

...Please point out were I came off as thinking Im better than him because of my car??????

We both work at the same place and he has been their two years longer than me and makes 10K a year more than I do....He also has a brand new Lexus SUV....

IF HE HAD BEEN IN A FULL BOLT ON SMALLER PULLIED 03 COBRA WITH 500 RWHP I STILL WOULD HAVE STARTED IN THIRD GEAR....
Old 02-21-2010, 10:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by baalic
And then he has 10 guys with ricer cars who beat the cobra in a race who think they can beat the Viper and yet again more money in the pocket after the bets are made...... It's not ignorant, its economics....and it doesn't make the sport harder at all, let people think what they like and put their money where their mouth is......

((edit I forgot your a Stang guy so this is probably an open wound* to you.....replace above Cobra with Supra for sake of arguments then!! LOL))
See below.

Originally Posted by odarabla
Can I ask what an open would is? Is this some new street talk that I haven't heard yet or something? And I have to side with pony on this one!! Not talking about the OP but people like you are the reason I stopped street racing!! It's called lying!! Why not be honest about your car and let the best man win? I hate the guy who acts all about his ****, says he doesn't spray it but has a hidden sneaky kit under the hood!! WTF
Street racing has become more about who can hide the most **** about there cars and steal the other persons money!! Thats not racing it's cheating!!

To the OP!! Hell of a race my man and 1 hell of a nice viper!! Like I said in the past I would love to hook up with that thing and give it a go!!
Thank you.

My browser likes to automatically "fix" typos with what it thinks I meant to say...it has been fixed to "wound" and...

There is NO SUCH THING as cheating when it comes to racing, winning is winning period when it comes to racing unless you crash somone out of a race or sabotage their car. The only people that get but hurt are people who lose their money because they didn't do their homework.... And in this case, Viper vs Old school Cobra.... Seriously now...the outcome was going to be pretty obvious at least the OP tried to help even the odds a little bit...

Just like in Pinks when they give them 10 car lengths, is the one taking 10 car's cheating??? Nope cause that's the race they agreed upon, if he looses cause he gave the guy 10, that's his fault. If you loose to someone because you didn't know they were going to spray or that they had a fully built car, that's your fault and its not cheating. Sandbagging while I admit can be kinda lame, doesn't equal cheating imo. Because if you built a faster car then them it will show period and THAT is what the sport is about, building a faster car then your neighbor not bitching that he cheated because he sprayed...
Did you seriously just bring pinks into this? Oh yeah..great example of street racing.

BTW - they don't do the show that way anymore. Why? (you may ask) BECAUSE of the sandbagging and ricer length leads.

Well...if your unsure don't race for cash. And remember their is always someone with a faster car. If this said individual would have told you, "ya I'm running a 650 hp machine and My weight is 2600lbs and that's without my spray" Would you have dared to race him?? Sounds more like that guy just didn't tell "all" of his story not that he necessarily lied. It's always best to leave something to the imagination and after a win or loss then get into more details about the build...because after a win/loss is usually apparent who had the better car...
My point has nothing to do wtih cash. In fact, No one brought hustling or $$ into it aside from you. I was by no means talking about cash in street racing. Try to listen to what the other person is saying. Otherwise it's jsut arguing instead of a debate.

Originally Posted by FlashLCD33
What an absolutely pointless thread.

I agree with pony.

HMMM.....GUYS....I UNDER STAND WHERE SOME OF YOU ARE COMING FROM BUT PLEASE HERE ME OUT FOR A SECOND

The first thing I would like to point out is that I didnt try to let him think that he could hang with the Viper...The races were I started in third gear...He was beside me for a few seconds and then got obliterated...

I called him and told him that I had been starting in third and was gonna start in 4th the last run...

before we even did the first race he wanted to go from lower speeds...I explained to him that hitting it in second gear on my Viper is not somthing I want to do on public roads ....Hence why my runs were 3rd gear and on the freeway

The reality is that I have wrecked two vipers being in second gear at 50-70 mph and the hitting it off the third beep while street raceing . Once while raceing a c6Z06 and once while raceing a GTS Viper.....People wreck STOCK 410 rwhp 450 rwt 1996-2002 Vipers ALL THE TIME...The tourque on these things is insane...My Viper is around 500 rwhp and over 500 rwt...

Just isnt worth me posibly loosing it over a car I should take no prblem

So please dont think I was trying to let him think I he was hanging with a viper and that he will tell the story that way ect. and 100 new ricers will be born who think they can hang with a viper...This was not my intent...My intent was self preservation

As to the people saying my kill is lame...I wish I could run in to lambo's ferraris...vettes...vipers....camaros...03 cobras amg mercedes ect. I really wish it happened like that..I saw a new red ss camaro on the freeway and I revved on him 5 times over 3 miles and he wouldnt buldge..I ran into a white 2010 SS camaro (BEAUTIFUL) at a gas station and he was all about cars but didnt want to run...

point is that a cobra kill to me is worthy of a post..Cobra has that history to it IMHO....Some of you run 11's at 117 mph all day or faster...If you ran into a 1992 Viper with 400 crank HP that runs 13.0 at 110 mph...Would you post up about it...sure it never had a chance but their is some history their right

Thats the way I feel about running a cobra..Pretty kool
I want to make it clear that my point wasn't so much directed towards you and this particular instance.

I'm sure they guy knows full well he can't hang with a viper and you even told him what gears you were starting in. My point was in reference to the spread of ignorance.
Old 02-21-2010, 11:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Good kill. I keep my comments about the rest of the thread to myself.
Old 02-22-2010, 12:21 AM
10 Second Club

newschool mach...awesome vid..woulda guessed the low elevin...but never the 123 mph trapp speed through an auto with just 440 rwhp...those gears must really wake her up
Thanks man I actually went 11.1 at almost 125 a couple of weeks ago. Temp in the Dyno room was 96 degrees. It was about 36 when I ran it in that video. It might have had a few more hp at the track.

Mike (PonyGT65) helped me along the way to almost 10's .Have to give credit where credit is due.LOL
Old 02-22-2010, 01:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

@ Pony GT.. The street racing was brought up because of the mention of "cheating" and such....and me saying their is no such thing as cheating basically and if your racing for cash is the only time it really would be an issue... And also while I agree that the lengths are STUPID, it was only to solidify my point that racing is racing regardless of what gears or if you sandbag, and winning is still winning.... This post pretty much sums up my entire case for this...so by all means disregard ever other post..
Old 02-22-2010, 10:02 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Newskool Mach
Thanks man I actually went 11.1 at almost 125 a couple of weeks ago. Temp in the Dyno room was 96 degrees. It was about 36 when I ran it in that video. It might have had a few more hp at the track.

Mike (PonyGT65) helped me along the way to almost 10's .Have to give credit where credit is due.LOL

Wow...124 mph is smokeing...Whats planned for the future on that beaste
Old 02-22-2010, 12:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Newskool Mach

Thanks Carl. I've always appreciated the credit you give me.

@ Pony GT.. The street racing was brought up because of the mention of "cheating" and such....and me saying their is no such thing as cheating basically and if your racing for cash is the only time it really would be an issue... And also while I agree that the lengths are STUPID, it was only to solidify my point that racing is racing regardless of what gears or if you sandbag, and winning is still winning.... This post pretty much sums up my entire case for this...so by all means disregard ever other post..
It's cool man. I don't hold grudges....especially internet ones. Life too short for simple differences of views.
Old 02-22-2010, 12:15 PM
11 Second Club

Good kill Killemall. I wish we could run. My late 90's cobra probably has a little longer fangs that the one you raced.

Love car though. Vipers always look distinctive on the streets.

-Mark
Old 02-22-2010, 12:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Bitemark46
Love car though. Vipers always look distinctive on the streets.

-Mark
No kidding! I saw a brand new Viper at a gas stations in NC. It was blue with white stripes. It just looked low, wide, and then you saw those massive back tires. Looked like it would kick anything's *** on the street!
Old 02-22-2010, 12:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
A kill is a kill, no matter how unmatched it is.
In that case,
op should be racing Civics, Kias, etc, and start posting up those kills.
Now those would be really great kill stories.
Old 02-22-2010, 12:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ponygt65
Thanks Carl. I've always appreciated the credit you give me.

It's cool man. I don't hold grudges....especially internet ones. Life too short for simple differences of views.
Yup which is why we should just and call it good!! LOL