Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

5.0 took out another, couldn't even tell if he was racing.

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 10:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Marc 85Z28
What can I say? You have the same setup as the example I posted. One was built by you, the other by a professional. You made a ton more power. Maybe you could sprinkle some of your magic dust on my engine so I can post a 550rwhp N/A 346 dyno graph.
Why am I not surprised?!. Leave it to the tool fetcher of the greatest GM...err ford...err...what ever GRAND shop; to discredit any and all that he doesn't put his golden hand on himself.

here's a 'pro' built 302 pushin' 380. How is 100more hp not possible with a 331, different heads, cam and tune?
http://www.proformanceunlimited.com/...02_380efi.html

What's this?...a 450hp rated 331? Say it ain't so.
http://www.f-p-s.com/engines/index.html

And...And...this is NOT possible...they must have shoved the fairy itself into the block. The dust off the fairy just wasn't enough to magically create ..... 530hp out of a whittle ole 331.
http://www.mustangforums.com/forum/5...te-engine.html

Originally Posted by Killemall
Question. I know that on a 100% stock LS1 that dynos 300 rwhp you can add mild heads and mild cam and dyno 400 rwhp...

Whats this same scenario like on say a 2002 GT and then Mach1
pr vs. modular.....apples to oranges. The CID is what really kills them, but even going to a 302 stroker ~400rwhp is possible, but it takes a lot of $$ and a decent amount of CR.
Originally Posted by chavez885
hahaha...what a dick!

.....mach better be putting down close to 288 stock ****
~275rwhp ish.
Old 03-02-2010, 10:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Hell I know a 331 that runs single digits.
Old 03-02-2010, 11:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Well I've decided...........the 18" wheels are coming off.

These are going on...
IMO....they kick ***. ...... .but at what point does a car not become a DD anymore? That's just me man, but before you know it you'll have a car that you'll wonder if you hsould take to work every day because it's so 'track' looking.

Not to mention, that totally robs the sleeper affect.
Old 03-03-2010, 12:27 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by ponygt65
IMO....they kick ***. ...... .but at what point does a car not become a DD anymore? That's just me man, but before you know it you'll have a car that you'll wonder if you hsould take to work every day because it's so 'track' looking.

Not to mention, that totally robs the sleeper affect.
This car is going to stay 110% daily driver. I thought about it and thought about it. I got a DEAL on a set of Nitto 305/35/18 DRs for $500 shipped. But I stepped back and thought about it.

1. 18" wheels are heavy and even more so with tires on them
2. With the short sidewall I still am not going to hook up with the 305s
3. How long will they last me? MAYBE a year if I don't go to the track alot?

now lets look at the 15's

1. I do not plan to run skinnies on the front. I still want the car to handle and stop somewhat good. So I think I am going to run 15x6 up front. Which puts the front at 12.8lbs each. The rears will weigh 16lbs each.
2. I will have 0 problem with traction and on the street I should dominate damn near anything I run into at the redlight. Can you say 3,500rpms launches on the street probably?!
3. Tires are so cheap. So I wont have to worry about going to the track or doing a big burnout on the street.

Keep in mind I do plan to keep my 18" wheels for those warm nights in summer that I want to just cruise around with the girl and enjoy the night while looking good.

Alot less weight + more traction = I'm game!
Old 03-03-2010, 05:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Why am I not surprised?!. Leave it to the tool fetcher of the greatest GM...err ford...err...what ever GRAND shop; to discredit any and all that he doesn't put his golden hand on himself.

here's a 'pro' built 302 pushin' 380. How is 100more hp not possible with a 331, different heads, cam and tune?
http://www.proformanceunlimited.com/...02_380efi.html

What's this?...a 450hp rated 331? Say it ain't so.
http://www.f-p-s.com/engines/index.html

And...And...this is NOT possible...they must have shoved the fairy itself into the block. The dust off the fairy just wasn't enough to magically create ..... 530hp out of a whittle ole 331.
http://www.mustangforums.com/forum/5...te-engine.html
Good job little pony! You just picked 3 engines that all have the same displacement. Nevermind that fact that the heads, entire valvetrain, intake setup, compression, and rotating assembly don't even remotely resemble the setup in question. Sure you can build something with hand finished heads, a huge solid roller, and an exotic intake and make good power, but what does that have to do with a basic Trick Flow top end 331?
Old 03-03-2010, 06:05 AM
TECH Regular

That's the Mach III concept car. It's powerplant was similar to the '00 CObra R. I wish they'd made that thing production. AT LEAST limited numbers.
WOW>..very nice man.

Know how I know you're gay?
Do you know how i know you're gay?

because you like Coldplay
Old 03-03-2010, 06:27 AM
TECH Regular

What can I say? You have the same setup as the example I posted. One was built by you, the other by a professional. You made a ton more power. Maybe you could sprinkle some of your magic dust on my engine so I can post a 550rwhp N/A 346 dyno graph.
But did your setup have Twisted Wedge heads?
Old 03-03-2010, 01:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by SonofaBish
Do you know how i know you're gay?
because you like Coldplay
Actually, I don't. Never did, even when they came onto the scene and they were played 5 times in an hour.
Good job little pony! You just picked 3 engines that all have the same displacement. Nevermind that fact that the heads, entire valvetrain, intake setup, compression, and rotating assembly don't even remotely resemble the setup in question. Sure you can build something with hand finished heads, a huge solid roller, and an exotic intake and make good power, but what does that have to do with a basic Trick Flow top end 331?
Great job trying to twist it all around to make you look 'correct'. I shoudln't be surprised though. You are (by far) the biggest GM nut-hugger around.

A) you originally said to make that power he had to have a 347.
1) you are wrong on that.
2) you changed your story after the fact.

B) The example setup you listed wasn't the same as Stopsigns.
1) that means you still don't get it.
2) that means your example means jack **** as the total package is what matters.

C) Since you went 'that far' off of Stopsigns motor with your poor example, I simply felt the need to show you just how far off you are and just how possible/common ~400+hp is with a lil' ole 331.

Next.

Originally Posted by Ke^in
But did your setup have Twisted Wedge heads?
When it comes to marc kevin, it doesn't matter. he's correct in his own GM ball swinging mind and that's all that matters.
Old 03-03-2010, 01:34 PM
TECH Regular

I was being a smart-*** anyhow.
Old 03-03-2010, 02:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Great job trying to twist it all around to make you look 'correct'. I shoudln't be surprised though. You are (by far) the biggest GM nut-hugger around.
All this solely because I fix Fords for a living??? Seriously? Get over it! There is NOTHING wrong with brand loyalty when I fix Fords **** day in and day out and my 3 GMs (other than the 2 toys in the sig) at home need nothing more than simple maintenance. A GM fan on a GM oriented website... imagine that...

A) you originally said to make that power he had to have a 347.
1) you are wrong on that.
2) you changed your story after the fact.
I said he wasn't making that kind of power with a 302, as his thread title would lead one to believe (I responded to someone over this). I said he probably had a 347. And I never changed my story.

B) The example setup you listed wasn't the same as Stopsigns.
Same displacement.
Same intake.
Same heads.
Near identical cam.
Near identical exhaust.

I guess I don't get it?

C) Since you went 'that far' off of Stopsigns motor with your poor example, I simply felt the need to show you just how far off you are and just how possible/common ~400+hp is with a lil' ole 331.
Never said that kind of power wasn't possible with a 331. But from his combo, extremely unlikely.
Old 03-03-2010, 03:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^^ I would just give him the benefit of the doubt (stout build) but the majority w/ similar 331 builds(off the shelf parts) will make 400 hp @ the crank (H/C/I) vs. the average LS1 making about 400rwhp cam only. Hence, you see a lot of ford guys dropping in LS1 to replace their 302's, 331's, and 347's which makes sense.

I'm debating swapping out my LS1 for a 331....
Old 03-03-2010, 03:48 PM
Launching!

Nice looking mustang and good kill. We never got a chance to dish it out on forza yet.
Old 03-03-2010, 04:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

All this solely because I fix Fords for a living??? Seriously? Get over it! There is NOTHING wrong with brand loyalty when I fix Fords **** day in and day out and my 3 GMs (other than the 2 toys in the sig) at home need nothing more than simple maintenance. A GM fan on a GM oriented website... imagine that...

I said he wasn't making that kind of power with a 302, as his thread title would lead one to believe (I responded to someone over this). I said he probably had a 347. And I never changed my story.

Same displacement.
Same intake.
Same heads.
Near identical cam.
Near identical exhaust.

I guess I don't get it?

Never said that kind of power wasn't possible with a 331. But from his combo, extremely unlikely.
Sorry man and I do not mean this in a bad way. But you just really do not know what you are talking about and its clear you do not know how to put a good combination together. Do you even know what my "combo" is? If so please list it out and I will let you know how hot or cold you are.
Old 03-03-2010, 04:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by 99peweterls1
Nice looking mustang and good kill. We never got a chance to dish it out on forza yet.
Man I haven't picked up Forza since November!
Old 03-03-2010, 04:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

All this solely because I fix Fords for a living??? Seriously? Get over it! There is NOTHING wrong with brand loyalty when I fix Fords **** day in and day out and my 3 GMs (other than the 2 toys in the sig) at home need nothing more than simple maintenance. A GM fan on a GM oriented website... imagine that... .
Nope. ALl this because of your brand loyal ignorance and constant BS you spout out of htat hole you call a mouth.

Much like you, it goes both ways. You know how many ford drivers work at chevy dealerships? When you are used to 'fixing' brand A you tend to shy away and go to brand B. BUt that doesn't make the facts any less factual.

I said he wasn't making that kind of power with a 302, as his thread title would lead one to believe (I responded to someone over this). I said he probably had a 347. And I never changed my story..
You said 'probably had AT LEAST a 347'...................As in he'd need anything 347+ to make that power.
Actually 418/393 from a mild cammed 302 is near impossible, and certainly not with the parts he's claiming. TF heads on a mild cammed 302 would struggle to hit 318, much less 418. He's probably got at least a 347.
Then I said this.............
I believe it's a 331.
Same displacement.
Same intake.
Same heads.
Near identical cam.
Near identical exhaust.
Same displacement-CHeck
Same intake-Check
Same heads-Wrong
'near' identical cam - Isn't the same.
Near identical exhaust - isnt' the same.

That's only a small piece of it.........Here's the break down of what you posted:

Knowing that the stroker small-block was going to move much more air than the stock 302, we called Trick Flow Specialties about an induction setup. To keep the fuel-injection (the engine is going in a late-model Fox coupe Mustang), Trick Flow provided us with its brand new "Fast As Cast" 190cc cylinder heads, which are a lower cost, cast version of the company's CNC-ported Twisted Wedge cylinder head. Trick Flow also supplied its Stage 2 hydraulic roller camshaft and a Trick Flow R intake manifold. We also sourced the needed pushrods, 1.6:1 roller rocker arms, timing chain, valve covers, gaskets, and TFX EFI billet fuel-rail kit from Trick Flow.

For this engine build, we opted to use these Trick Flow Specialties Fast As Cast cylinder heads, which feature 2.02-inch intake and 1.60-inch exhaust valves, with a 190cc intake runner. Trick Flow took its pricey CNC-ported Twisted Wedge heads and cast a new head using the same port dimensions, which cuts the price tag by a few hundred dollars.We buttoned up the bottom of the engine with a 7-quart oil pan from Milodon; the top of the engine was fitted with a BBK Power-Plus 70mm throttle body and EGR spacer from Brothers Performance Warehouse. We had a set of Ford Racing 30-lb/hr fuel injectors handy and used those in conjunction with a C&L mass air meter that we also had.
ANd they put out:
On the dyno, the EFI combination produced a stout 396.7 hp at 5,800 rpm and 377.3 lb-ft of torque at 5,200 rpm. Readers who have followed this build may recall that we encountered a misfire after several pulls.

So....he made up the drive train loss with slightly different heads, a different cam, possible different TB, tuning, and NO misfire. Do you not understand how retarded you sound by arguing over roughly ~50hp between two different setups (no matter how small in your mind) and variables? Not too mention, we don't know the compression of Stopsigns now do we? Not too mention if the H/I have been worked over. You know one simple little basic signature list of mods.

I guess I don't get it?
No you don't and I doubt you will. At least not any time soon.

see above.

Sorry man and I do not mean this in a bad way. But you just really do not know what you are talking about and its clear you do not know how to put a good combination together. Do you even know what my "combo" is? If so please list it out and I will let you know how hot or cold you are.
Old 03-03-2010, 04:48 PM
Launching!

Man I haven't picked up Forza since November!
I know i havent been playing the box either. lol
Old 03-03-2010, 05:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

Pony about covered what I wanted to say. I just don't give a **** enough to take the time to type it all out.
Old 03-03-2010, 05:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

Oh and I have the Billet Specialties 15x10s on the way.

And I made the brackets for my racing seats today. Got one seat in the car. Now I gotta find a manual tracked driver's seat.

By the end of the month I'd like to have 100lbs taken from the car.

15" wheels over 18" wheels
racing seats (didn't save that much over stock)
rear seat delete
Old 03-03-2010, 05:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

damn, 80 mph in 4th? you were giving him the race lol. good win buddy
Old 03-03-2010, 05:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

So....he made up the drive train loss with slightly different heads, a different cam, possible different TB, tuning, and NO misfire. Do you not understand how retarded you sound by arguing over roughly ~50hp between two different setups (no matter how small in your mind) and variables? Not too mention, we don't know the compression of Stopsigns now do we? Not too mention if the H/I have been worked over. You know one simple little basic signature list of mods.
I bet all that's done to the heads and intake is a shadetree gasket match. I guess that accounts for the additional ~70HP - it's all in the "details".