Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

First Race of the Year/First Race from a Dig.

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 08:05 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Race of the Year/First Race from a Dig.

Hey guys/gals. My first real post in the kill section.

Usually on Thursday nights Iv made it a habit to hang out at my buddy's dorm for some pizza and "The Office". Normally its just me and him with a few of his room mates and or maybe his girl friend. Only on this particular occasion he brought along some old friends I haven't seen in awhile. Of course since I brought the car along they wanted to see it...

To them, my car is the nicest/fastest car they have been in. You can imagine their excitement.
I agreed to give them both a ride in my car. For some reason they decided to take turns, not sure why, but whatever.
The first ride out was nothing special, I nailed it on the "off ramp" and then took the next ram off. Basically making a quick circle on the highway to quickly show off the car's performance.
The second ride; however, was a different story. I nailed it on the top of the "on ramp" ,as before, then shut her down at about 85. This time I noticed some bright HIDs approaching fast from the rear. I kinda ignored it because I was planing on getting off on the next exit anyways. I took the ramp and this unknown car followed. (On this particular ramp it opens up to a 'Two Lane' up to a stop light.)
As soon as I moved into the right lane, he punched it and went flying past me.
I have no clue what kind of car it was, other then it looked like an infinity maybe.
The light was red, so with him in the left and me in the right, I knew what was next.
I just got my suspension done, and my wheels a week ago. (LCA's/LCA RLB/SFC/TA/Zr1's 315 nittos)
:At the Light:
Looking over I noticed a gentlemen in his 30's id say. Grinning ear to ear. In his infinity looking thing.
Light turns green, I roll out slowly not know what to expect and then nailing it, almost dead hooking. I look over and he is about a fender ahead. I smash second. Now we are even. Into third, I start to walk away. At the top of third im a good 2 buses on him. I shift into 4th and then shut it down at about 120ish. Had we kept going it only would of gotten more ugly.
He immediately slows way down and takes this off street with his tail between his legs. I make a U turn because I need to get back to the highway. On my way back I see him coming out from the street he went on and then making a right back in the same direction he was going, which makes no sense to me.
It was a really good time. I was all shaky and pumped up for about 3 hours after that. The best part is the conversion afterward, especially since my first rider got totally ripped off. It was really awesome that everything went so well. Next time I will keep it in second and drop it about 2k. I'll see how that works. I'm way to nice to my car.
From now on I'm keeping my Flip Video recorder in the car at all times. Thanks for reading. Hope you enjoyed it.

Sicko.

Footnotes:
Races some unknown "infinity looking" thing at a stop light, while out showing the car off to a buddy. He got owned, we all laughed. The end.
Old 04-17-2010, 08:17 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 206 Likes on 125 Posts

cool sounds like good times
Old 04-17-2010, 09:04 PM
On The Tree

nice kill...and one of the best kill reads I have seen in a LONG time
Old 04-17-2010, 10:12 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Ferg95 T/A
nice kill...and one of the best kill reads I have seen in a LONG time
Thank you very much. I might not be the best writer but I try to at least make it entertaining and understandable.
Old 04-19-2010, 11:49 PM
TECH Regular

After a little research im 90% sure it was a G37. In case people were wondering...

Despite the fact, I don't expect this thread to last too long, as It doesn't have an amazing video or a heated argument.
Old 04-20-2010, 12:35 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

good run, but i have to ask, how come if you dead hooked.... it took all of 1st and hitting second to pull even with him? just wondering im not trying to start an argument i just think if you dead hooked you should have already been out at least a car or two.
Old 04-20-2010, 10:49 AM
On The Tree

You really embarassed the crap outta him!
Old 04-20-2010, 10:57 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by itsslow98
good run, but i have to ask, how come if you dead hooked.... it took all of 1st and hitting second to pull even with him? just wondering im not trying to start an argument i just think if you dead hooked you should have already been out at least a car or two.
He had a good jump on me. Light turned green and I have to admit it wasn't my fastest reaction.
Old 04-20-2010, 12:15 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

good kill! id be pissed to be rider #1

Originally Posted by Sicko
Next time I will keep it in second and drop it about 2k. I'll see how that works. I'm way to nice to my car.
im confused, are you saying youre gonna start at 2k rpms in 2nd? if so, that is not a good idea for racing.
Old 04-20-2010, 11:19 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by WSsick
good kill! id be pissed to be rider #1

im confused, are you saying youre gonna start at 2k rpms in 2nd? if so, that is not a good idea for racing.
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. I'm still learning.