Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Dig to 140mph: LS2 A4 GTO vesus SRT8 Charger

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 10:20 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just like your typical SRT-8 guy to get butt hurt whenever a story like this is posted. Then they wan't to come in and share their kill stories and dyno numbers and track times and so on...lol. Blah Blah Blah.

I don't know why anyone would be suprised that a full bolt-on HEMI will put down more power than a comparably modded LS1? They've got more displacement for one, and two their a newer powerplant so it only makes sense it would have some advantages over an LS"1". But even if the HEMI will make more power at the end of the day the F-body has a huge weight advantage, and it doesn't take but a bolt-on or two to be every bit of a match for a heavy *** SRT.
Old 04-21-2010, 10:29 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by GotHemi?
lmao! good one! may i ask what your GTO traps?

Oh and I sure hope that 45x rwhp was on a mustang dyno, cause if it wasnt thats pretty PATHETIC. My cam only car made 412 on a dyno that usually reads atleast 30rwhp less than that of a typical mustang dyno.
So I assume you to be somewhere around 450whp? Wow what a difference weight makes. My bolt-on/nitrous LS1 is well into the 10's at that same power level. Those SRT's are just too heavy for my taste.
Old 04-21-2010, 11:25 AM
TECH Regular

Y can't there be any srt8 owners down to run them around here I really wanna see how I would do.
Old 04-21-2010, 12:09 PM
10 Second Club

SRT-8's run pretty good. I remember when my SS was completely stock I ran a track buddies SRT-8 Charger several times on t-n-t night at sac raceway and it was a straight up drivers race everytime. I was running 13.2-13.3 in the 107 range while he was running in the 13.1-13.3 in the 109 range. If I got a good launch it pretty much meant we were going to be neck and neck. Funny how now that same car runs in the mid 11's with nitrous while my car does it with just bolt-ons. lol
Old 04-21-2010, 02:25 PM
Staging Lane

Default Damn where to start...

Originally Posted by necrocannibal
So you are saying that your cam only SRT is dynoing 450 rwhp on a dynojet? I highly doubt thta but to answer your questions I have no idea what my car dynos or traps. It was dynoed a while back at 460 rwhp but dont know how accurate that was nor do I care. I know it took a Gallardo down from roll so Im guessing it will trap 120ish but our track closed down.

So why are you trying to stir ****? Trying to make yourself feel better by comparing your car to faster cars? And Im sure you know that every dyno will read differently than another. MY old SS dynoed 620 rwhp on one dyno and a few weeks later 665 rwhp on another.
120ish?? So your car is just as pathetic as mines and the vette?? Congrats welcome to the club.

No im sayin on a mustang dyno my car would be near 450rwhp, on a generous dynojet it would probably be closer to 470rwhp.

How am I trying to stir up ****?? I think my posts in this thread were nothing but respectful. Never said the man didnt spank that charger or any other srt he ever ran, actually I said I BELIEVE HIM. You just have a smart *** mouth and when I hit with some smart *** replies you cant take it and now your trying to make it like im stiring **** up. C mon dude toughin up.

Originally Posted by ARCTIC '00
And my '00 SS with a few bolt-ons and a little 'ol 100-shot has gone a best of 10.86. What's the big deal?

My point is, I wouldn't expect anything different from a 6-liter V8 Mopar - therefore, it's no suprise and nothing to rave about.
What was your race weight on that pass?? Im pretty confident it wasnt at
full weight. Why rave about a 10.86 pass on a 3300-3400lb car with nitrous, I would say thats about what you should expect. Fact is if you put that same exact setup that went 10.86 in your car into mines ill be lucky to run a 11.9999. And if you were to put my bolt on nitrous set in your car you would probably run 9's all day long.

Originally Posted by BLWNV10
Just like your typical SRT-8 guy to get butt hurt whenever a story like this is posted. Then they wan't to come in and share their kill stories and dyno numbers and track times and so on...lol. Blah Blah Blah.
Again whos butt hurt?? I gave him his props on a good kill or should I say slaughter(s).HIS CAR BEAT THAT SRT CHARGER AND EVERY OTHER SRT HES EVER RAN. THAT GTO SPANKED THAT CHARGER. THAT LS2 POWERED CAR DESTROYED THAT HEMI. How else do you me to say it?? lol

I don't know why anyone would be suprised that a full bolt-on HEMI will put down more power than a comparably modded LS1? They've got more displacement for one, and two their a newer powerplant so it only makes sense it would have some advantages over an LS"1". But even if the HEMI will make more power at the end of the day the F-body has a huge weight advantage, and it doesn't take but a bolt-on or two to be every bit of a match for a heavy *** SRT.
I couldnt agree with you more. It all comes down to power to weight ratio, its pretty simple.

So I assume you to be somewhere around 450whp? Wow what a difference weight makes. My bolt-on/nitrous LS1 is well into the 10's at that same power level. Those SRT's are just too heavy for my taste.
Again I agree. FYI they have a CHALLENGER running 9.7's @137 NA with a BONE STOCK 425hp 6.1 HEMI again with NO POWER ADDER. Its called the DRAG PACK and she weighs somewhere around the 2900lb range. This was done at a measely 400rwhp.

Originally Posted by 916 BREDWNR
SRT-8's run pretty good. I remember when my SS was completely stock I ran a track buddies SRT-8 Charger several times on t-n-t night at sac raceway and it was a straight up drivers race everytime. I was running 13.2-13.3 in the 107 range while he was running in the 13.1-13.3 in the 109 range. If I got a good launch it pretty much meant we were going to be neck and neck. Funny how now that same car runs in the mid 11's with nitrous while my car does it with just bolt-ons. lol
Nice!! Thats hauling *** for just bolt ons.You must have her leaving like a bat outta hell.

Srt's are running 11.7's with just bolt ons,skinnies, and the seats taken out. Not too far off from what your running and the cars race weight is still 4000lbs.
Old 04-21-2010, 02:32 PM
Staging Lane

Smile Just for the record...

Anyone else on here that wants to try and make me seem like sum Mopar guy thats a LSX hater I want to go ahead and say I will be buying a C6 Zo6 in the near future. That car has it all, well except a solid rear axle and auto but imma work on that. So stop with all this BITCHASSNESS and acting like sensitive lil pu**ies! Im no LSX hater! I love all FAST cars and theres no denying LSX **** is stupid fast. Yall (and I say Yall losely so most of the guys on here that are cool please dont get offended) need to accept that there they do have other cars that can be fast too, that arent powered by a LSX engine!!
Old 04-21-2010, 02:35 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yall need to accept that there they do have other cars that can be fast too, that arent powered by a LSX engine!!
impossible.

i see this one being shut down [very] soon...
Old 04-21-2010, 02:37 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by WSsick
impossible.

i see this one being shut down [very] soon...
lol!! see why cant all these other guys have a sense of humor like you!

hopefully it doesnt, ive said what ive needed to say. i will not respond to the ladies ne more.
Old 04-21-2010, 03:12 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jesus Christ fellas@! The Hemi crowd is our allies and got more in common with us than ANY OTHER BRAND! Time to comarade up, not **** and vinegar each other into enemies.

FACT: GM had a lawsuit readly to launch within a year of the 5.7L hemi debut. I saw the parts that were leaked, mostly involved block, crank, cam bearing locations and size, and intake/exh runner locations and spacings. The heart of the issue was that dodge completely changed the combustion chamber and piston top design, ie the "heart" of the engine. GM still had a solid court case they felt they could have won, but gave the court challenge a pass as they felt it would be seen as nitpicking and that the overall good of Dodge getting back into the horsepower/speed wars would help them more than any victorious court challenge ever would. IMO they were right.

Kudos to GotHemi and SSsickLS1 for coming across coherently and fairly. In my book I wish they were local and I could hook up with them on the streets and track: cool guys into cars are hard to find without them being too boisterous or brand loyal.

The SRT8 crowd did us GTO guys a very big favor in taking the image of us GTO owners as being the big kid on the block: now both us Fbody guys and the GTO guys can make fun of them being pigs- and at the same time hoping like hell that they dont beat us and make us eat crow. Now I guess I know what it was like for the LS1 Fbody crowd when the GTO took the muscle car flag from them.

As much as it might hurt some of you to read this, this is my take on matters:
GTO=SRT8=LS1 Fbody stock for stock and bolton for bolton- at least until the 11 second range where the light weight Fbodies start pulling ahead. For us street guys, it all depends on how well the mod $$$ is spent IMO. Which means the 2000's are now the modern versions of the 60's and wise mods and drivers are the key. Time to IQ up fellas, pick your races and mods and make history because this aint gonna last forever: but our combined fame will.
Old 04-21-2010, 03:37 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
Jesus Christ fellas@! The Hemi crowd is our allies and got more in common with us than ANY OTHER BRAND! Time to comarade up, not **** and vinegar each other into enemies.

FACT: GM had a lawsuit readly to launch within a year of the 5.7L hemi debut. I saw the parts that were leaked, mostly involved block, crank, cam bearing locations and size, and intake/exh runner locations and spacings. The heart of the issue was that dodge completely changed the combustion chamber and piston top design, ie the "heart" of the engine. GM still had a solid court case they felt they could have won, but gave the court challenge a pass as they felt it would be seen as nitpicking and that the overall good of Dodge getting back into the horsepower/speed wars would help them more than any victorious court challenge ever would. IMO they were right.

Kudos to GotHemi and SSsickLS1 for coming across coherently and fairly. In my book I wish they were local and I could hook up with them on the streets and track: cool guys into cars are hard to find without them being too boisterous or brand loyal.

The SRT8 crowd did us GTO guys a very big favor in taking the image of us GTO owners as being the big kid on the block: now both us Fbody guys and the GTO guys can make fun of them being pigs- and at the same time hoping like hell that they dont beat us and make us eat crow. Now I guess I know what it was like for the LS1 Fbody crowd when the GTO took the muscle car flag from them.

GTO=SRT8=LS1 Fbody stock for stock and bolton for bolton- at least until the 11 second range where the light weight Fbodies start pulling ahead. For us street guys, it all depends on how well the mod $$$ is spent IMO. Which means the 2000's are now the modern versions of the 60's and wise mods and drivers are the key. Time to IQ up fellas, pick your races and mods and make history because this aint gonna last forever: but our combined fame will.
Thanks man! I agree with u 100 and couldnt have said it ne better myself.

Also thanks for that info about GM's law suit against dodge, never heard anything about that before. Imo they are pretty different but thats a whole different thread to start. This thread had already spun too far out of control already. lol

Last edited by GotHemi?; 04-21-2010 at 03:52 PM.
Old 04-21-2010, 04:59 PM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Nah I said its pathetic for that Vette to run that. Everything passed that was a joke really but yeah 120 traps arent anything special really IMO.
Old 04-21-2010, 05:46 PM
Launching!

You sir, are the coolest cat ive met on LS1tech in the 3-4 years ive been on here, thank you. And yes, i entirely agree with the last paragraph (you just cant get around physics) and just may have to quote the last half of it. Epic words my man. All of us consumed in the car lifestyle take for granted that the end of our garden of eden is quickly approaching. Its weird to think that the present day combustion engine will very likely no longer exist as a form of common automotive power for our grandchildren. With the rapid advance of technology i would not be suprised if you simply sat in an electric/hybrid of some sort and typed in a destination like we do phone numbers and just take a nap while the car does the rest. Or something sadly similar that will erase yet another way us alphas ***** measure. Your right tho, we are fortunate to be able to live in the last part of a fast fading era that will undoubtedly be the stuff of history!
Old 04-21-2010, 06:22 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SSickLS1
You sir, are the coolest cat ive met on LS1tech in the 3-4 years ive been on here, thank you. And yes, i entirely agree with the last paragraph (you just cant get around physics) and just may have to quote the last half of it. Epic words my man. All of us consumed in the car lifestyle take for granted that the end of our garden of eden is quickly approaching. Its weird to think that the present day combustion engine will very likely no longer exist as a form of common automotive power for our grandchildren. With the rapid advance of technology i would not be suprised if you simply sat in an electric/hybrid of some sort and typed in a destination like we do phone numbers and just take a nap while the car does the rest. Or something sadly similar that will erase yet another way us alphas ***** measure. Your right tho, we are fortunate to be able to live in the last part of a fast fading era that will undoubtedly be the stuff of history!
Thanks man, glad you appreciated my words. Sometimes I gotta look at the big picture and put things in perspective. You'll probably get a laugh out of these verbal jests I made while walking the staging lanes waiting for the days first runs:

To a SRT8 guy talking about a R/T guy: "those dyno numbers sure are impressive. Didn't know you Supra guys jumped ship to the SRT8's?"

To a pullied, ported, full bolton 4.11 slick equipped '04 Cobra guy: "Thats a great idea (clear taping fender behind his tires to keep rubber off his paint), but you do realize that Mustangs can't burn out, right?"

To a turbo'd race slick @10psi equipped SRT4: "With that tire half way flat like that you do realize that you'll pop your tire when you break a half shaft and the weight transfers back up front on the launch, right?"

To another pullied, bolton, DR equipped 480rwhp Cobra adjacent to me at the prestage line as we both were putting on our helmets: "I was just kidding with you about all the mustang smack talk. Be easy on me out there, k?"

PS: The SRT4 did break........ just saying.
Old 04-21-2010, 07:47 PM
Staging Lane

To a SRT8 guy talking about a R/T guy: "those dyno numbers sure are impressive. Didn't know you Supra guys jumped ship to the SRT8's?"

To a pullied, ported, full bolton 4.11 slick equipped '04 Cobra guy: "Thats a great idea (clear taping fender behind his tires to keep rubber off his paint), but you do realize that Mustangs can't burn out, right?"

To a turbo'd race slick @10psi equipped SRT4: "With that tire half way flat like that you do realize that you'll pop your tire when you break a half shaft and the weight transfers back up front on the launch, right?"

To another pullied, bolton, DR equipped 480rwhp Cobra adjacent to me at the prestage line as we both were putting on our helmets: "I was just kidding with you about all the mustang smack talk. Be easy on me out there, k?"

PS: The SRT4 did break........ just saying.
lmfao!! now thats sum funny stuff right there!! well except for the srt4 breaking, i know what that feels like and it isnt good!
Old 04-21-2010, 10:03 PM
12 Second Club

[QUOTE=Sticks n Stones;13221155]To a SRT8 guy talking about a R/T guy: "those dyno numbers sure are impressive. Didn't know you Supra guys jumped ship to the SRT8's?"

QUOTE]

^ classic
Old 04-21-2010, 11:57 PM
9 Second Club

What was your race weight on that pass?? Im pretty confident it wasnt at
full weight.
Well it has no spare tire or jack so I guess it's weight reduction. lol

Why rave about a 10.86 pass on a 3300-3400lb car with nitrous, I would say thats about what you should expect. Fact is if you put that same exact setup that went 10.86 in your car into mines ill be lucky to run a 11.9999. And if you were to put my bolt on nitrous set in your car you would probably run 9's all day long.
Nope I wasn't bragging. I was just saying.

My car put down 456/545 the way it sits now. Considering the roughly 650lbs more your car weighs, if we swapped motors today your car would probably be running pretty close to where it's at right now. So is what you said really a fact?
Old 04-22-2010, 01:08 AM
Staging Lane

Default Fair enough...

Well it has no spare tire or jack so I guess it's weight reduction. lol

Nope I wasn't bragging. I was just saying.

My car put down 456/545 the way it sits now. Considering the roughly 650lbs more your car weighs, if we swapped motors today your car would probably be running pretty close to where it's at right now. So is what you said really a fact?
Well let me correct myself and say I shouldnt have said FACT for the simple FACT that this has never been done before. So no one really knows.

Your correct, if you put your motor(with spray) in my car it would run pretty close to what my car did at full weight street trim NA. I was correct also though, I said it would be lucky to run an 11.9999, my car at full weight street trim NA went 11.85. I would have to say 0.14 seconds is pretty damn close. See I guess great minds do think alike. lol

If your car made 456rwhp and went 10.8x and a bolt on 6.1 with a 125 shot makes around 535rwhp, so what would you guess your car would run with 80 more rwhp?

I know it wouldnt hit a single digit at a 3750 race weight, my guesstimate earlier was me thinking your car was around a 3300-3400 race weight. But even at 3750 with 535rwhp you should be atleast mid 10's if not LOW 10's IMHO.

Im not calling you out or trying to prove me right or you wrong this is a legit question. I really do like just discussing this racing stuff. If your car was making 535rwhp and weighed 3300-3400lbs what do u think it would run?

Im pretty sure you know this cause you seem to be a pretty knowledgeable guy but please dont use those stupid online race calulators. I think we all know those are BS. Well atleast most of them are, some may get it pretty close! lol

Last edited by GotHemi?; 04-22-2010 at 01:23 AM.
Old 04-22-2010, 01:32 AM
9 Second Club

If your car made 456rwhp and went 10.8x and a bolt on 6.1 with a 125 shot makes around 535rwhp, so what would you guess your car would run with 80 more rwhp?
Did you ever get the car dyno'd w/ just the n20/bolt-ons? What kit do you run? The reason I ask is some kits are rated differently. You may have not quite been making 535. Depends if it's a "wheel shot" or not like my TNT kit. It's a 100-shot and made 102 rear-wheel horsepower at the tires. You said you did some weight reduction? I'd think it would of ran a little quicker with that kind of power & torque.
Old 04-22-2010, 01:38 AM
9 Second Club

Im not calling you out or trying to prove me right or you wrong this is a legit question. I really do like just discussing this racing stuff. If your car was making 535rwhp and weighed 3300-3400lbs what do u think it would run?
Hmmm.....I dunno.....

I should throw in the 175hp jets and find out. No seriously, with an extra 80 or so horsepower I suppose somewhere around 10.00.
Old 04-22-2010, 01:59 AM
Staging Lane

Did you ever get the car dyno'd w/ just the n20/bolt-ons? What kit do you run? The reason I ask is some kits are rated differently. You may have not quite been making 535. Depends if it's a "wheel shot" or not like my TNT kit. It's a 100-shot and made 102 rear-wheel horsepower at the tires. You said you did some weight reduction? I'd think it would of ran a little quicker with that kind of power & torque.
I ran used to run a Zex which is rated at flywheel I believe, its stupid rich with the jets they recommend. I changed out the fuel jets to lean it out. I know these cars like the back of my hand even though I didnt get my car dyno'd when it was a bolt on and 125 shot I know what these cars typically do with those mods. 535 is about the norm.

No weight reduction when I ran that 11.45 with bolt on and 125shot or when I ran that 11.85 cam only NA.

Did a good bit now along with some front runners and a couple things to get my short times down, and boy did it make a BIG difference. I would post my times but im kinda sorta into the street racing scene here locally and they might have some of my competition monitoring my posts! lol

Quick Reply: Dig to 140mph: LS2 A4 GTO vesus SRT8 Charger