Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

The 4dr Turbo Nanner!! (Part 1)

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 01:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The 4dr Turbo Nanner!! (Part 1)

Haven't posted in here in quite some time! As you can tell from my signature, I'm currently rocking a rally yellow 09 SS/TC Sedan aka Turbo Nanner and it's quite the sleeper

Decided I'd finally share a few fun kill stories I've gotten with the ride. For all of these races the only modification is my own HPT tuning. Everything else, including the paper filter, is bone stock

We'll start this off with a good old Father vs Son story for the ages. For all intents and purposes my father and I have always been rivals since I can remember. We never got to run his built 396 67 Chevelle SS vs my many different setups in my 01 SS and my GTO for too many reasons to count. He'd have lost anyway

Mr. "Do you believe everything you read on the internet?" years ago when it came to DSMs (Imports in general) and how quick they can be happened to come upon a great deal he couldn't pass up. A 1st gen DSM that was in great shape mechanically and visually. He's done some great modifications himself:

MBC pushing 20lbs, K&N filter on modified stock intake, custom "ram air" setup, modified stock turbo, ported 02 housing, catless/bullet exhaust, DSM link for fueling, minor weight reduction. This car literally SCREAMS like a banshee at WOT! Hard to explain but impossible to forget.

I didn't tell him about my tuning and he had been talking himself up with all of these "kill stories". He thought I was bone stock

Race 1: 40-110

We both started off in 2nd gear. I honked it off, 1..2..3 and surprisingly we were somewhat side by side for 2nd, his car screaming in my ear as I'm inching ahead. I looked over at my dad and the look on this face was priceless and I grinned at him. NLS into 3rd and I start to just walk away. We were coming up hard on traffic so we shut them down with me 3+ cars up.

Race 2: Dig to 80

We get lined up and I honk it off again. I bogged and he smoldered the tires. As soon as I got up and going I shot off like a rocket with a quick shift into 2nd and a NLS into 3rd. Shut down shortly after. My dad on the other hand spun hard as **** through 1st/2nd and said **** it and shut down.

When we got back to his place he was in complete disbelief.
Now before all of this, I kept telling him he didn't have enough but as I said, I never came out and told him what I had. So I walked out to my car and grabbed the laptop. As soon as he saw it he looked at me and said "You're a ******* jerk!" We had a good time shooting the **** after that.

Cliff notes:

Father vs son battle, 09 Sedan SS/TC vs modded 1st gen. Two races, 1 40 roll and a dig. SS/TC wins both soundly and dad is crushed at first and laughs after due to shady fun

Part 2 will be much easier on the eyes but I had to give the background. However, definitely going to raise some eyebrows!

Last edited by lilbuddy1587; 05-03-2010 at 01:35 AM.
Old 05-03-2010, 08:07 AM
11 Second Club

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

good write up!

the ss/tc crowd is growing here
Old 05-03-2010, 08:23 AM
Launching!

thats pretty cool your dad is willing to race you lol.. good kill
Old 05-03-2010, 11:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by hugger1975
good write up!

the ss/tc crowd is growing here
Thanks Hugger! I wouldn't have pulled the trigger on the Nanner if it weren't for your insight

Wait till Part two

Originally Posted by violent_celerity
thats pretty cool your dad is willing to race you lol.. good kill
Thanks man. Trust me, it was like pulling teeth to get this guy to put up or shut up! He was deathly afraid of my mother "getting mad"... Now she did get upset at the fact that we raced on the street but was cool after we explained that it was late at night on an empty/desolate road.
Old 05-03-2010, 12:24 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by lilbuddy1587
Thanks Hugger! I wouldn't have pulled the trigger on the Nanner if it weren't for your insight

Wait till Part two
fun lil fuggers aren't they!
Old 05-03-2010, 01:52 PM

Great story, man! I know my dad are dying to run each other (my G8 vs his 2004 GTO). We lined them up once before but with PSM driving the GTO and it was almost dead even. I've run 13.5 @ 102.9 and the GTO has gone 13.7 @ 104.x. I'll let you the outcome with my dad driving as soon as it happens!
Old 05-03-2010, 02:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by hugger1975
fun lil fuggers aren't they!
What!? Nahh, it's just my 4 door family mobile

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
Great story, man! I know my dad are dying to run each other (my G8 vs his 2004 GTO). We lined them up once before but with PSM driving the GTO and it was almost dead even. I've run 13.5 @ 102.9 and the GTO has gone 13.7 @ 104.x. I'll let you the outcome with my dad driving as soon as it happens!
Thanks man.

Now that's awesome! A4 vs A6? Or is the GTO an M12? Did you guys happen to go from a dig or a roll?

Please do share the results man, I'll bet that will be way exciting. Always good to hear the Father vs Son stories
Old 05-03-2010, 02:14 PM

My car is an A6, the GTO is an 6 speed. We raced once from a dig and I pulled about a car. After that was all rolls and it was pretty neck and neck.

Here's the thread: https://ls1tech.com/forums/street-ra...-2004-gto.html

I'll definitely let you know. I'm hoping to make it happen in the next couple months.
Old 05-03-2010, 04:45 PM
On The Tree

I have said it before and I will say it again those Ss/tc cars naughty lil b*sterds... My wife bought one last month and I seriously love driving it. So much fun and the times that are capable with a few bolt ons and a tune are ridiculous! Nice kill OP and mod that lil guy and you will be eating all those imports for lunch and might be puting to shame some ls1 and mustang owners.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
My car is an A6, the GTO is an 6 speed. We raced once from a dig and I pulled about a car. After that was all rolls and it was pretty neck and neck.

Here's the thread: https://ls1tech.com/forums/street-ra...-2004-gto.html

I'll definitely let you know. I'm hoping to make it happen in the next couple months.
Very nice!

Originally Posted by 00FirebirdaREV
I have said it before and I will say it again those Ss/tc cars naughty lil b*sterds... My wife bought one last month and I seriously love driving it. So much fun and the times that are capable with a few bolt ons and a tune are ridiculous! Nice kill OP and mod that lil guy and you will be eating all those imports for lunch and might be puting to shame some ls1 and mustang owners.
Yes sir and thank you I can guarantee that I'd put some LS1/Stang owners in there place as is. Especially considering my latest kill, which would be a good run/pull top end on an LS1 car. Wait till part two
Old 05-03-2010, 08:32 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by lilbuddy1587
Very nice!

Yes sir and thank you I can guarantee that I'd put some LS1/Stang owners in there place as is. Especially considering my latest kill, which would be a good run/pull top end on an LS1 car. Wait till part two
exactly......he must have missed my few gt kills here