Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2011 mustang 5.0 getting beat by stock ls1

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 05:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BigMat
I believe that is for boosted cars
Good to know. I think anyone can agree that a car with less than double digits on the odometer is not going to perform as highly as it could though.
Old 05-13-2010, 05:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I said on the modded mustangs, and I'll say it here. It's all hype! I have been an GM guy long before I ever fathomed owning a Mustang. I have owned both, I've had a 99 Z28, M6, full boltons, h/c/i and spray. She wasn't the prettiest, but she was a runner.

I've had a Mach1 that had full boltons, was cammed, had a custom short runner, with ported heads, and was sprayed. She on the other hand was a pretty car. An attention getting, women loved it. The shaker hood was awesome.

I just am disappointed with The new Camaro, I am disappointed with the new Mustang. I don't like the looks of either...

It was
Old 05-13-2010, 05:38 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by FearTheDeer
you stated stop fiting facts into my argument so it was a simple question of i can stop using facts and say LS1's are better because they run on cheetah blood.
My bad, I didn't write it the way I meant it. What I meant was, yes they are limited production cars, but you were bending that fact so that it fit your argument.

No but you quoted Mach's comment stating they shouldn't be used in comparison. Though it was sarcasm
Exactly, I was second and I said it because people will use any excuse they can so that a Ford cannot beat a Chevy.

You bought DH camaros the way they were. A limited production of 30 or so.... so works the same way Cobra R's did. you didn't hand Dick a camaro and tell him to make you one it was built that way.
Touche sir. I was under a different understanding.

The few wins we might or might not have in the future I gotta stand behind this one
As will I!

btw, just noticed you put "ZR1" Camaros. I know yo meant ZL1
Old 05-13-2010, 05:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Check this chit out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVVzt2QfS7E
Old 05-13-2010, 05:45 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by WSsick
My bad, I didn't write it the way I meant it. What I meant was, yes they are limited production cars, but you were bending that fact so that it fit your argument.
Ya got ya that time. Hey just cuz its bent doesnt mean i cant use it. LOL

Exactly, I was second and I said it because people will use any excuse they can so that a Ford cannot beat a Chevy.
As will ford Vice Versa, its a visious circle. All this does is make me miss my 01 T/A. And i noticed your selling your car...

As will I!

btw, just noticed you put "ZR1" Camaros. I know yo meant ZL1
Damn I knew I missed something. Well noones perfect. But it works
Old 05-13-2010, 06:11 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by FearTheDeer
Ya got ya that time. Hey just cuz its bent doesnt mean i cant use it. LOL
whatever you say.

As will ford Vice Versa, its a visious circle. All this does is make me miss my 01 T/A. And i noticed your selling your car...
i guess i should check that damn for sale thread. college is just draining my funds. i have enough to cover all my expenses and then some, id just like to be able to save some for after school. thought i was gonna have enough for an AFR H/C/I or a new motor, but that would be using too much of my savings, so i thought what the hell, throw it up and see if anyone wants it. maybe if i get a raise or some extra hours ill keep her.

Damn I knew I missed something. Well noones perfect. But it works
haha not a big deal, just being petty
Old 05-13-2010, 06:16 PM
On The Tree

Just dont sell it, I mean you cant get much for them these days because everyone wants the 5th gens. So just keep it and I know you will be happy you did. Im trying to get back into a 98-00 Z28 6speed. But only have stuff to trade/sell on the side. Untouched GM crate 502 and a 00 S10 4cly with 120k miles. hope to get 5k for the motor and 3500 for the truck. Then out LS1 shopping i go
Old 05-13-2010, 06:34 PM
12 Second Club

if i had the money, id take that 502 off your hands and see if i cant wedge it in the S10. but since i cant, you should take my car off my hands. i dont know, maybe ill keep it. i do spend too much time on here (my gf will tell you that) & MW2, i should probably get a 2nd job or something
Old 05-13-2010, 06:46 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Ke^in
LOL!

If anyone thinks a stock LS1 Fbody is going to take a stock 2011 GT with decent drivers they are smoking crack.

Plain and simple.

Uh, it's a lot better than the old 5.0
Just like your stock mustang can outrun an ls1?
Old 05-13-2010, 06:47 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by WSsick
whatever you say.

i guess i should check that damn for sale thread. college is just draining my funds. i have enough to cover all my expenses and then some, id just like to be able to save some for after school. thought i was gonna have enough for an AFR H/C/I or a new motor, but that would be using too much of my savings, so i thought what the hell, throw it up and see if anyone wants it. maybe if i get a raise or some extra hours ill keep her.

haha not a big deal, just being petty
Bro, I was in your same position four years ago. I sold my 99Z because I a poor college student, and I still regret it to this day. If you can hold on to it then do so.
Old 05-13-2010, 06:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

i've finally read this whole thing. a lot of venom coming from guys who fear a car they havent seen on the street yet.

when i get mine i'm going to give a true review. the review will include things like torque management and how far ford let it interfere with the car's throttle. im going to get it tuned out asap. traction control permanently turned off in the tune. as far as im concerned the 5.0 video is propaganda. the driver did everything he could wrong to lose.

i can make my turbo car lose to anything by starting in 2nd, and just running it to keep the boost down. i can lose to a smart car. propaganda. for those who have been praying for anything to hold onto, that their car is still superior, you have the proof.

a 3650lb car with 250lbs of ballast with full PCM intervention against a car with mods. thats so special. jeez.
Old 05-13-2010, 07:07 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by assasinator
i've finally read this whole thing. a lot of venom coming from guys who fear a car they havent seen on the street yet.

when i get mine i'm going to give a true review. the review will include things like torque management and how far ford let it interfere with the car's throttle. im going to get it tuned out asap. traction control permanently turned off in the tune. as far as im concerned the 5.0 video is propaganda. the driver did everything he could wrong to lose.

i can make my turbo car lose to anything by starting in 2nd, and just running it to keep the boost down. i can lose to a smart car. propaganda. for those who have been praying for anything to hold onto, that their car is still superior, you have the proof.

a 3650lb car with 250lbs of ballast with full PCM intervention against a car with mods. thats so special. jeez.
Just make sure you do a better job with your 5.0 so there wont be any excuses!
Old 05-13-2010, 07:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

hey if it sucks i'll say so. if it sucks it does. ill get rid of it.
Old 05-13-2010, 07:11 PM
Banned

hey if it sucks i'll say so. if it sucks it does. ill get rid of it.
I dont think it will suck. Pony wars are back!
Old 05-13-2010, 07:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

to be honest, i gave it until i go to bowling green for the stang to get here, or im getting one of the cars i really want.

the sts-v is back on the list. i havent driven the SLS in a while, but im driving it this week, and i remember why i like it so. my GF thinks i should just wait. ill decide the 22nd if the car isnt here. E55amg would be fun.
Old 05-13-2010, 07:23 PM
Banned

to be honest, i gave it until i go to bowling green for the stang to get here, or im getting one of the cars i really want.

the sts-v is back on the list. i havent driven the SLS in a while, but im driving it this week, and i remember why i like it so. my GF thinks i should just wait. ill decide the 22nd if the car isnt here. E55amg would be fun.
Good things come to those who wait!
Old 05-13-2010, 07:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by 02 wife
Good things come to those who wait!
What are you, his mom?
Old 05-13-2010, 07:42 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 02 wife
I may be a bow tie loyalist, but I'm fair too. Was that gt a 3.31 car? I dont belive that there are still any bone stock LS1 camaro's left that are raced!The Gt owner has to get use to the car!
Mine is near enough to bone stock to argue that I think. Just shocks/springs and SFC. I'd love to race the new GT, would be tons of fun... just need a new clutch (almost 75k miles) and new tires (almost 50k)

Last edited by Black&White; 05-13-2010 at 07:47 PM.
Old 05-13-2010, 07:44 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
What are you, his mom?
It's just a saying stop tripping!
Old 05-13-2010, 07:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

I love all the excuse the mustang fanboi's are giving, but the facts are the facts, yes the car needs to be broken in, ect, but that camaro is freaking stock, and 8 years old! sad, I would like to see a cammed SS stomp that ****, and those little preppy boys wanna cry.

Quick Reply: 2011 mustang 5.0 getting beat by stock ls1