Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2011 Mustang GT taken out by a "Tuned" 2010 SHO *VIDEO*

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 05:33 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ponygt65
I'm starting to think you are not only the biggest nuthugger currently a member in the SRK section, but also the most ignorant.
Is he really worth responding to anymore?

oh wait.
I will ignore your insults pony because you are indeed a hater! The video speaks for itself! I guess the new 5.0 better watch out for all 2010 sho's!
Old 05-24-2010, 05:41 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 02 wife
I will ignore your insults pony because you are indeed a hater! The video speaks for itself! I guess the new 5.0 better watch out for all 2010 sho's!
you can stop trolling now, it was just a lil race video on the street. The proof is the track videos with actual numbers to go by. its empirical data
Old 05-24-2010, 06:00 PM
Banned

Im looking forward to seeing the 5.0 at the track! It will be nice to see actual owners run and not the tuner shops spreading propaganda.
Old 05-24-2010, 06:21 PM
Launching!

Im looking forward to seeing the 5.0 at the track! It will be nice to see actual owners run and not the tuner shops spreading propaganda.
LOL @ "tuner shops spreading propaganda", if anything the tuner shops would purposely run slower in their stock 5.0 times so that the "improvement" with their mods would look better. The trap speeds dont lie though.
Old 05-24-2010, 07:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'd absolutely LOVE to see the results of a poll between you and I and whom the real nuthugger is.

Actually, the comments from the fellow members speak for themselves. The only ones that have given me **** are the n00b's. The long time members (along with a few newer ones) are the ones that seem to be giving you the ****.

BTW - .....serious question here: Why is that this video speaks for itself but all the other information that is out there is hog wash? Keep in mind that one of the videos that was posted was by a member on here that owns an LS fbod and still stuck up for the 5.0modular.

Also, by your comment of watch out for all SHO's; one can truly see just how ignorant you are in A) just how far 1320 feet is and B) the difference between AWD and RWD (both being on street tires) are on teh street. Kudo's to you....keep showing that ignorant-manship.

This guy's a crack up. I can't recall the last time I came across one so ignorant.....and yes, I love that word when it comes to fools like this one.
Old 05-24-2010, 07:07 PM
Banned

I'd absolutely LOVE to see the results of a poll between you and I and whom the real nuthugger is.

Actually, the comments from the fellow members speak for themselves. The only ones that have given me **** are the n00b's. The long time members (along with a few newer ones) are the ones that seem to be giving you the ****.

BTW - .....serious question here: Why is that this video speaks for itself but all the other information that is out there is hog wash? Keep in mind that one of the videos that was posted was by a member on here that owns an LS fbod and still stuck up for the 5.0modular.

Also, by your comment of watch out for all SHO's; one can truly see just how ignorant you are in A) just how far 1320 feet is and B) the difference between AWD and RWD (both being on street tires) are on teh street. Kudo's to you....keep showing that ignorant-manship.

This guy's a crack up. I can't recall the last time I came across one so ignorant.....and yes, I love that word when it comes to fools like this one.
You keep representing those fords on this site! You can do all the name calling you want. If 5.0's run 12's he should have caught the sho but whatever you will always have an excuse.
Old 05-24-2010, 07:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

You keep representing those fords on this site! You can do all the name calling you want. If 5.0's run 12's he should have caught the sho but whatever you will always have an excuse.
He's at it again folks.

You see wifey....that's just it...everyone but YOu see that the 5.0 DID catch up to the SHO at the end. Even the dang driver of hte SHO said it did.

Not to mention (you obviously missed my point) it wasn't a full 1320'.

TY for the birthday laughs man....I'm getting my humor today!!
Old 05-24-2010, 07:30 PM
Launching!

He's at it again folks.

You see wifey....that's just it...everyone but you see that the 5.0 did catch up to the sho at the end. Even the dang driver of hte sho said it did.

Ty for the birthday laughs man....i'm getting my humor today!!
happy birthday !! ........

........but your still a *** lmao jk have a good bday dude
Old 05-24-2010, 08:15 PM
TECH Addict

C'mon now... The street is not the drag strip(though many people seem to think it is) and acceleration will vary accordingly. 12's at the track, particularly any higher than 12.5's will almost always net 13's on the street. I said earlier, that really didn't look like a 1/4 mile, because it looked shorter. The entire distance covered looked like 1/4 mile to me, including shutdown area. I was surprised the SHO didn't have an insurmountable lead, considering it was already modified and still had that AWD advantage. Do you think you'd have beaten the same car as badly if you raced it on the street, where your traction is limited?
Old 05-24-2010, 08:32 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by It'llrun
C'mon now... The street is not the drag strip(though many people seem to think it is) and acceleration will vary accordingly. 12's at the track, particularly any higher than 12.5's will almost always net 13's on the street. I said earlier, that really didn't look like a 1/4 mile, because it looked shorter. The entire distance covered looked like 1/4 mile to me, including shutdown area. I was surprised the SHO didn't have an insurmountable lead, considering it was already modified and still had that AWD advantage. Do you think you'd have beaten the same car as badly if you raced it on the street, where your traction is limited?
I raced that sho at milan dragway 5/19/10 he had a 1.9 60ft and it ran 13.6 at 99 mph. He did get the et 's down to low 13's though. I probably would spin on the street but my argument is that the mustang didnot spin on launch. He caught up but that could have easily been a lost at the strip. Does anybody have any 1/4 times for a stock 2010 sho?
Old 05-24-2010, 09:30 PM
TECH Addict

I raced that sho at milan dragway 5/19/10 he had a 1.9 60ft and it ran 13.6 at 99 mph. He did get the et 's down to low 13's though. I probably would spin on the street but my argument is that the mustang didnot spin on launch. He caught up but that could have easily been a lost at the strip. Does anybody have any 1/4 times for a stock 2010 sho?
M/T ran it to 13.7's @103mph... all stock.

Back in Sept(23rd) of last yr, some guy ran 13.1 @106mph at Gainesville Raceway with what he claimed was an ECU upgrade. Corrected, that's somewhere around 12.9-12.7... but for me, it's a 13.1 @106.. It is what it is when it happens.

Saw a video of one out in Whitman, AZ(Speedworld) which had one @ 14.26 @ 98mph. Incidentally, he raced a NICE looking old Camaro(67-69) which ran 13.78 @102. Not bad for AZ. Saw another run 13.9 @100 on youtube (NED). That guy said he added the 30hp ECU tune and followed the 13.9 with a 13.1 @106(like the one in Gainesville)... I didn't see that one.

There seem to be several SHO videos online, but you can't always be sure what's been done to which, beyond magazine tests. MotorWeek managed a 14.1 @101 when they tested in 2009.

The Mustang may not have spun in the street race... However, that might be completely attributable to a good driver knowing how to take off without blazing the tires. That's how I always launched, even at the track, on standard rubber. I mean, I was pulling 1.8's in a car running 11.2's with those 1.8's... That's feathering out... I'd expect 2.0's on the street, if I was lucky.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He's at it again folks.

You see wifey....that's just it...everyone but YOu see that the 5.0 DID catch up to the SHO at the end. Even the dang driver of hte SHO said it did.

TY for the birthday laughs man....I'm getting my humor today!!
Happy B-day brotha.

You haven't been posting much lately. Tired of the endless arguements with retards?
Old 05-24-2010, 10:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great, the video speaks for itself. So you're going to believe what you want about a 1000' race on a 2-way blacktop? But at the same time, you will discredit every other video of 5.0s at the track doing exactly what you claimed they wouldn't.. Hmmm ok

Sounds like you're just holding your hands over your ears and yelling "LALALALAALAL". But when you see what you want, the smack talking starts.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ls1passion
happy birthday !! ........
......but your still a *** lmao jk have a good bday dude
Thanks man.
Originally Posted by 92builtbird
Happy B-day brotha.

You haven't been posting much lately. Tired of the endless arguements with retards?
THanks brotha. Yeah...that's pretty much it. I'm just tired of the infestation of ignorance lately.

Originally Posted by 92builtbird
Great, the video speaks for itself. So you're going to believe what you want about a 1000' race on a 2-way blacktop? But at the same time, you will discredit every other video of 5.0s at the track doing exactly what you claimed they wouldn't.. Hmmm ok

Sounds like you're just holding your hands over your ears and yelling "LALALALAALAL". But when you see what you want, the smack talking starts.
That's exactly what he's doing...and plenty are trying to tell him that he's doing exactly that...yet, I'm the 'hater'.
Old 05-25-2010, 12:51 AM
TECH Addict

Oh yeah... Happy (belated) birthday, hater!
Old 05-25-2010, 02:09 AM
Staging Lane

Can a tuned SHO manage any better than a 1.9 60ft with the stock torque converter?
Old 05-25-2010, 11:06 AM
TECH Addict

Happy belated birthday ************.
Old 05-25-2010, 01:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by It'llrun
Oh yeah... Happy (belated) birthday, hater!
Originally Posted by Sarge_13
Happy belated birthday ************.
Thanks guys.
Originally Posted by Deuuuce
Can a tuned SHO manage any better than a 1.9 60ft with the stock torque converter?
I would imagine so. It's AWD.
Old 05-25-2010, 01:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Happy belated birthday Ford boy.

I see the more things change the more they stay the same around here. The names just change to protect the retards.
Old 05-25-2010, 06:00 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
that makes the first video I've seen of a G8 GXP rolling out: and a 6spd to boot! Wonder how bad it would have stomped that 5.0? lol I'm betting a bone stock GXP will run door to door with a stock 5.0- if not beat it.
Come November when I start heading back out to the track, there should be a lot more Camaros and 5.0's on the road than today. We can just line 'em up. I was thinking about a headers and tune, but who really knows what will happen with my GXP between now and then.

Quick Reply: 2011 Mustang GT taken out by a "Tuned" 2010 SHO *VIDEO*