Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Chaulk up another Stang!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 04:10 PM
11 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Chaulk up another Stang!!!!

Well last night I took the SS out for a cruise and on my way back I stopped at the gas station to fill up. As Iam getting out of my car I heard a stang pulling in, it was a 02-03 5speed. It sounded nice and it was lowered and as he pulled up on the other side of my pump I noticed a big ole moster tach. So we both finish filling up and he asked me a couple questions about my prostars and then we proceed to leave. So he follows me out and down the road and starts pacing me. My street is coming up but I decide to just keep going. Well we happen to catch the next light and he is in the lane next to me. Once the light turns green we both rolled out kinda easy and then at the same time jumped on it. Well I put a solid 2-3 lengths on him on the 1-2 up shift and hit 3rd at around 6500 and put another length or so on him before I let out of it. He just kept going and never gave a thumbs up or nothing. I think he was kinda pissed. LOL
Old 05-28-2010, 04:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Justins00ss
Well last night I took the SS out for a cruise and on my way back I stopped at the gas station to fill up. As Iam getting out of my car I heard a stang pulling in, it was a 02-03 5speed. It sounded nice and it was lowered and as he pulled up on the other side of my pump I noticed a big ole moster tach. So we both finish filling up and he asked me a couple questions about my prostars and then we proceed to leave. So he follows me out and down the road and starts pacing me. My street is coming up but I decide to just keep going. Well we happen to catch the next light and he is in the lane next to me. Once the light turns green we both rolled out kinda easy and then at the same time jumped on it. Well I put a solid 2-3 lengths on him on the 1-2 up shift and hit 3rd at around 6500 and put another length or so on him before I let out of it. He just kept going and never gave a thumbs up or nothing. I think he was kinda pissed. LOL

monster tach?..WTF. call me lame, but I think that is one of the stupidest things to have (unless it's a full out drag car). It's right up there with fart can and 6' spoiler.
Old 05-28-2010, 04:17 PM
11 Second Club

Yeah now only if I hit 150 shot on his ***, then he really would of been pissed. LOL
Old 05-28-2010, 04:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Justins00ss
Yeah now only if I hit 150 shot on his ***, then he really would of been pissed. LOL
I didn't notice those numbers were with the shot.

he was probably full bolt on, or low psi blown.

Either way....nice kill.
Old 05-28-2010, 04:34 PM
11 Second Club

Thanks man. yeah dont think it was blown.

I agree though, probably full bolt on with gears and some other goodies. Nice looking car though.
Old 05-28-2010, 04:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good kill. Sucks that the stang guy was a sore looser
Old 05-28-2010, 04:55 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by mannyman84
Good kill. Sucks that the stang guy was a sore looser
Thanks, yeah kinda sucks but hey it happens. I know Ive been walked a few times in my day but still give a thumbs up.
Old 05-28-2010, 10:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

no kidding, i don't get the point in getting mad! i just like to find out whats done! and then maybe get even later down the road
Old 05-29-2010, 05:29 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by mrbigjeep
no kidding, i don't get the point in getting mad! i just like to find out whats done! and then maybe get even later down the road
Yup, like you said. If I get beat, then its time to mod more and get even.
Old 05-31-2010, 10:41 PM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

That's surprising for another Stang guy on here bash a monster tach, I'd rock one in a HEARTBEAT if it was the only/cheapest option to shift at the RPM I want to accurately...stock tach is garbage and one in a million are accurate in the upper RPMs...personally I'd just get a Raptor Shift light and put it in my vent.
Old 06-01-2010, 08:21 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ponygt65
\monster tach?..WTF. call me lame, but I think that is one of the stupidest things to have (unless it's a full out drag car). It's right up there with fart can and 6' spoiler.
+1 nice kill
Old 06-02-2010, 03:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by snake95
That's surprising for another Stang guy on here bash a monster tach, I'd rock one in a HEARTBEAT if it was the only/cheapest option to shift at the RPM I want to accurately...stock tach is garbage and one in a million are accurate in the upper RPMs...personally I'd just get a Raptor Shift light and put it in my vent.
The stock tachs aren't junk in the NE stangs. Only the 5.0s were they known to be off. Even then, there's nothing wrong with using a smaller tach, or finding out just how 'off' it is and go off of that with a light or memory. Personally, Unless it's a single digit or maybe 10s, I wouldn't even worry about a shift light. Shift light in a 13 second car?

And if you're that worried about shift consistancy, then setup a good running auto tranny. IMO anyway.
Old 06-02-2010, 03:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

The tach in my 5.0 is dead on. No way I would put a monster tach in my car.