Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Built 306 Fox Body Rape

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 09:50 AM
Staging Lane

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by 99BlackTransAm
thanks, but if you can keep up and or beat the guy with 10k in his car i think you would give him **** too? right?
Well hell yeah you can! I just meant if someone were to lose, they shouldn't say "well if I spent as much as you did, I woulda won!" Chances are if someone puts 10k in their car and only runs with a car with 2k, they already wanna shoot themselves LOL.
Old 06-10-2010, 09:51 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks, but if you can keep up and or beat the guy with 10k in his car i think you would give him **** too? right?
He's never had that happen, so he doesn't know how he would react. Remember he is in a little 5.0...
Old 06-10-2010, 09:52 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

back to back 11.7s blowin the DRs off with a 1.9 60''

and yeah if i get beat i do say i put 2000$ in my car to your 5000 head cam or 9000 on a blower. its always nice to see the poor man with a fast car.
Who gives a ****... If I show you tail lights that is all that matters, NOTHING else. No matter the make/model/mods/etc etc.. Comparing what someone has in a car or what it costs is about as ricer as you can get.
I really dont get beat tho thats the thing, so if someone is faster then me they are just short of a full chaged car. ill see a 10 with a 150 shot this year sometime in oct @ footbrake nats
You don't get beat! What are your corrected times? Does NOBODY up there mod their cars?
No, it is irrelevant.
Old 06-10-2010, 09:54 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Zac_Speed
He's never had that happen, so he doesn't know how he would react. Remember he is in a little 5.0...
Ahh yes, King Troll again. I've asked you twice what your car runs but your little e-thug *** avoided the question, so cue the next response you give to either be some ridiculous claim about how fast your car is, or another response that you don't address my question in.
Old 06-10-2010, 09:56 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by snake95
Well hell yeah you can! I just meant if someone were to lose, they shouldn't say "well if I spent as much as you did, I woulda won!" Chances are if someone puts 10k in their car and only runs with a car with 2k, they already wanna shoot themselves LOL.
No...

People mod their cars different ways... 4K in a "drag" setup will murder 10K in a "roll" setup. And the opposite way around.

Not to count how with different platforms the aftermarket is different... Go mod a Viper and see how much a full exhaust setup is. Compare that to an fbody.

Money/mod/etc is irrelevant. Whoever sees tail lights is who sees tail lights.. It is all that matters in the end. If saying well I got beat but he had to spray or he has 10Xs the money makes you feel better, cool tell yourself that. But nobody else cares because they just saw you getting a rear end view.
Old 06-10-2010, 09:56 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by lemons12
Who gives a ****... If I show you tail lights that is all that matters, NOTHING else. No matter the make/model/mods/etc etc.. Comparing what someone has in a car or what it costs is about as ricer as you can get.
That's sorta what I thought...and while it makes a person feel good to know they have spent a fraction of what someone else did and only lost by a half a car, they still lost...but I know where 99blacktransam is coming from.
Old 06-10-2010, 09:59 AM
Staging Lane

No...

People mod their cars different ways... 4K in a "drag" setup will murder 10K in a "roll" setup. And the opposite way around.

Not to count how with different platforms the aftermarket is different... Go mod a Viper and see how much a full exhaust setup is. Compare that to an fbody.

Money/mod/etc is irrelevant. Whoever sees tail lights is who sees tail lights.. It is all that matters in the end. If saying well I got beat but he had to spray or he has 10Xs the money makes you feel better, cool tell yourself that. But nobody else cares because they just saw you getting a rear end view.
I think you're missing what I'm saying...I was talking comparable cars i.e. if you gave me 10g to spend and gave an LT or LS 2 grand to spend, I'd bet the bank that I'll kill him. If he still beats me, I will want to shoot myself. Read my responses again, I'm not a fan of ever comparing receipts. When I agreed about giving someone **** about it, I meant just that, ribbing them playfully, I didn't say to get butthurt and tell the guy he "cheated" because he spent more money.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:00 AM
TECH Senior Member

If that is his TA, I don't know what it runs or the mods... His last M6 cam car probably would have ran low 12s @ 115 or so.. I would guess that to be pretty accurate from the mods I saw.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

I think you're missing what I'm saying...I was talking comparable cars i.e. if you gave me 10g to spend and gave an LT or LS 2 grand to spend, I'd bet the bank that I'll kill him. If he still beats me, I will want to shoot myself. Read my responses again, I'm not a fan of ever comparing receipts. When I agreed about giving someone **** about it, I meant just that, ribbing them playfully, I didn't say to get butthurt and tell the guy he "cheated" because he spent more money.
Understand totally, I know what you are saying..

But if I spent 10K and bought a rear/trans/full suspension/forged bottom end/basic procharger setup...

And you spent 2K and bought cam/exhaust/nitrous...

You beat me but with a car that has 1/10 of the potential of the other car. Just because a 2k car beats a 10k car doesn't mean that is all they have or will have. It could be a setup in the works on low boost or no tune and they are being safe.
I would take a car with 10K in it with a full built drive train but STOCK power over a H/C car with stock drive train ANY DAY.

Hope that made sense what I was saying.. I was more talking to others about what I thought that pointing out flaws in your post.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:04 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You don't get beat! What are your corrected times? Does NOBODY up there mod their cars?

No, it is irrelevant.
are we still friends? i know nothing else matters to you.. not the mortgage, not the store, not your team and all their bullshit. For those ten seconds or less, your free.... right? but i still wana be friends with you no need to be upset..
Old 06-10-2010, 10:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

are we still friends? i know nothing else matters to you.. not the mortgage, not the store, not your team and all their bullshit. For those ten seconds or less, your free.... right? but i still wana be friends with you no need to be upset..
What are your corrected times?
Old 06-10-2010, 10:19 AM
Staging Lane

Understand totally, I know what you are saying..

But if I spent 10K and bought a rear/trans/full suspension/forged bottom end/basic procharger setup...

And you spent 2K and bought cam/exhaust/nitrous...

You beat me but with a car that has 1/10 of the potential of the other car. Just because a 2k car beats a 10k car doesn't mean that is all they have or will have. It could be a setup in the works on low boost or no tune and they are being safe.
I would take a car with 10K in it with a full built drive train but STOCK power over a H/C car with stock drive train ANY DAY.

Hope that made sense what I was saying.. I was more talking to others about what I thought that pointing out flaws in your post.
I agree, not every mod is a performance mod. Forged internals don't make me any faster by themselves! (domed pistons an exception)
Old 06-10-2010, 10:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

i agree, not every mod is a performance mod. Forged internals don't make me any faster by themselves! (domed pistons an exception)
Hahaha
Old 06-10-2010, 10:29 AM
11 Second Club

What are your corrected times?
DA was about what.. 6000 feet that day? hrmm 6000 is = to .9250 sec and 1.0801 MPH at sea level..

so 10.743 @ 117? i think thats right? did i do it wrong? im not sure, anyway are we still friends?

my dyno numbers are something like 320 rwhp? my pant size is 38 and if you want my SSN # thats going to be extra <3
Old 06-10-2010, 10:41 AM
11 Second Club

No...

roll racing is for **** btw..
Old 06-10-2010, 10:43 AM
TECH Senior Member

DA was about what.. 6000 feet that day? hrmm 6000 is = to .9250 sec and 1.0801 MPH at sea level..

so 10.743 @ 117? i think thats right? did i do it wrong? im not sure, anyway are we still friends?

my dyno numbers are something like 320 rwhp? my pant size is 38 and if you want my SSN # thats going to be extra <3
http://www.dragtimes.com/da-density-...e=Calculate+DA
Old 06-10-2010, 10:43 AM
TECH Senior Member

roll racing is for **** btw..
Are you trying to tell me something I don't know?
Old 06-10-2010, 10:46 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by gregrob
You are ******* retarded. I dont know what else to say. You obviously have zero reading and comprehension skills and you are whiny crying *** little ****** like every other mustang owner I know.

If you ever get that ragged out hacked together piece of **** to the Denver area give me a call
You've been here long enough to know better. Really.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:52 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Puck
I love how LTs somehow got slower and slower over the years, and now they are equal to a 2v.
Got slower? They have always been high 13 low 14 second cars stock. JUST like the 2v.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:52 AM
11 Second Club

what would be Extensively Modified? stock long block with a cam and nitrous?

11.2 @ 116! not bad for 100 shot! thanks for the link!

and 11.7 n/a!!

Quick Reply: Built 306 Fox Body Rape