Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Built 306 Fox Body Rape

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 09:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Don't be fooled, that 306 could be built to make the OPer's Camaro look like it was standing still. Obviously though the fox body owner isn't that bright. Then again I wouldn't say the OPer is either. What can ya do thou..
the OPer's car could be built to make that little 306 look like its standing still, what u said is dumb, its like saying" if he had twice the hp of you, he would smoke u" well no ****.

remember its LS1tech.com this site isnt for ford fanboys
Old 06-09-2010, 09:14 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by gregrob
And yet the lt1 has been very deep into the 9s N/A at 3400+ lbs...

What's the N/A fox body record WITH STOCK BLOCK SBF anyway?
I think that we are in complete awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww of you dumbness and to think that you have been given this over obundense of attention is A SHOCK TO ME!........you are the optimality of dumbness so we have determined not even the golf clapp can help you! lol!

Last edited by kennyxg; 06-09-2010 at 09:32 PM.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:32 PM
TECH Addict

And yet the lt1 has been very deep into the 9s N/A at 3400+ lbs...

What's the N/A fox body record WITH STOCK BLOCK SBF anyway?
There has already been a very lengthy discussion on the fact that the stock 302 can hold right at 500rwhp reliably. Any more than that and it becomes a ******* time bomb so the record for a factory block Fox isn't gonna be that impressive. However, there is a stock block 4.6 in the 6's.

And you call the Mustang guys thick headed. Are you sure you're getting enough oxygen since you're sooooooooo ******* high up there? Idiot.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:40 PM
Launching!

Yes its 8mm what ever this car is a bolt on car 302.. It is now a 306 dart headed car. Think it runs faster than a 12v now...http://s146.photobucket.com/albums/r...t=HPIM2581.flvthis was 2years ago lol!

Last edited by kennyxg; 06-09-2010 at 09:49 PM.
Old 06-09-2010, 10:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Mustang fail
Old 06-09-2010, 10:13 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Bobsmyuncle
the OPer's car could be built to make that little 306 look like its standing still, what u said is dumb, its like saying" if he had twice the hp of you, he would smoke u" well no ****.

remember its LS1tech.com this site isnt for ford fanboys
Maybe you're just not paying attention... The OP said there was this and that done to the Mustang in question... Others have said it was either NOT done, or done incorrectly. He also said his car is "cam only" and that's what we're going by... Were the Mustang actually built correctly with the modifications mentioned, it would make more power.

This isn't about "what if the LT1 was built too?" It's about someone not telling the truth or having made errors.

And what IS IT about all you 's reminding everyone which website you finally found??? Saying that nonsense makes you not only look like a newbie, but also like a child. Whether or not you know it, you're not here to defend the name of the website, or GM for that matter. You're here to learn, share and have fun. If it's something else, you'd probably be better off someplace else. In other words, we know what site we're on.
Old 06-10-2010, 03:26 AM
TECH Senior Member

No, maybe you're not paying attention. All the mustang nutswingers have been constantly stating over and over "a 306 mustang could be built to destroy my car".

This one wasn't. Bob is simply pointing out that the converse is also true.
Old 06-10-2010, 04:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

No, maybe you're not paying attention. All the mustang nutswingers have been constantly stating over and over "a 306 mustang could be built to destroy my car".

exactly. and just for the record, the whole comparing c.i. is so damn ricer. only from the mustang boys
Old 06-10-2010, 06:35 AM
TECH Addict

That's not what they were saying at the beginning... They said that IF it was built as you described, PROPERLY, it would make more power than it apparently does, but that it evidently wasn't and therefore, made less power.

It was clarified in post 18.

You DID explain that these modifications were done. It's not like anyone was coming up with a build scenario. You provided that all by yourself. Had those things actually been done correctly as you explained, I promise you'd have been facing a mid 12 second car without the juice AND without slicks. I know because I've done it myself, albeit 1996... I think your car probably still would've outrun it, built as you say... And you didn't say much, but nobody with a "cam only" LT1 has need for a 2-step. Then again, anyone using a 2-step isn't likely making use of that while on street tires and actually on the street(which would render good launches all but impossible in any car).

Well this other one tonight has a built 306, trick flow twisted wedges, yadda yadda yadda.

Said it made 576hp on the nitrous and was "off the chart" rich at that time.

They have since leaned it out so he said he felt 600hp.

It supposedly sprays a 175 shot so I figure it should be a solid 400hp OFF the bottle, right?

Guy drops his arms and we're off. I jumped out on him hard in first (bear in mind he was on hoosier drag radials, with drag wheels all around and I'm on my heavy *** 17" Z06 wheels and street tires).

Well I see if he wants to run off the bottle because I dont have any nitrous, and even if I did have a full bottle my clutch is weak and WILL NOT hold the nitrous. It's not even worth trying.

So he finally says he'll run me motor for motor. We line up, and get staged and I get up on the 2 step with the cutout blaring right in his ears through his open window.

I guess we'll see what this 600hp mustang that runs 10's supposedly does against a lowly cam only LT1 Hopefully he blows my doors off with him spraying and me not, otherwise just, mustang fail all around.
You said all that, not someone else. I ignored much of it to start, because I find it really funny that someone tells the world they have a bad(weak) clutch, and are RACING anyway, and funnier still, they have a bad clutch and are racing AND using a 2 step all while on 17" street tires with ZO6 wheels(which are nice wheels, btw)... Then you claim it's just a "cam only" car... I think your story is about as full of it as theirs was to you!

You also said...
Motor for motor I have NEVER seen a fox body that would touch even a half built lt1 or ls1. Sure spray the ever living **** out if it or boost it and it will run ok, til the black splits in half.
and that's just hilarious. Had you said anything resembling a 302HO powered FOX, you still wouldn't have a point because those have been running well since before the LT1 of which you speak(considering the odds you don't even know about the earlier version) and LS1 were even used in Camaros. I'm not even going to bother with the "internals" of your comment because I honestly don't believe you know much about the SBF or the LS1, though I'll just give you the benefit on the late LT1. I've seen a 10.8X pass from a 306ci powered Mustang, N/A. That's quicker than most cars, particularly "half built" versions.

Getting all upset like you are... you're taking the long way to get down a short road. It seems you're trying to make these other guys look stupid, but it's hard to feel that way about them after reading your words.

Originally Posted by Bobsmyuncle
exactly. and just for the record, the whole comparing c.i. is so damn ricer. only from the mustang boys
That's a silly argument, considering Mustangs with only 4.6L engines are quicker than ... Well let's just say they've run mid 6's on the 1/4 mile... "Ricer math" in your mind or not, getting there 1st is all that matters in a heads up drag race. Most Mustang guys seem fairly proud of the accomplishment, though too many do use the "you have more cubes" argument, while many others use the "Ford needed a blower" argument, neither of which matter.

Don't let yourself be offended easily... That helps make a short life go a bit smoother... Take it easy guys...
Old 06-10-2010, 06:52 AM
TECH Senior Member

Holy ****, I'm not reading all that

But I did read your last sentence. If you think I have been offended or taken this thread seriously even for a SECOND, you are badly mistaken.

Cheerio ol' chap
Old 06-10-2010, 06:54 AM
TECH Senior Member

"nobody with a cam only lt1 has a need for a 2 step"

Are you seriously retarded? LMFAO
Old 06-10-2010, 07:15 AM
12 Second Club

You are ******* retarded. I dont know what else to say. You obviously have zero reading and comprehension skills and you are whiny crying *** little ****** like every other mustang owner I know.

If you ever get that ragged out hacked together piece of **** to the Denver area give me a call
I own both so I must be bisexual
Old 06-10-2010, 07:18 AM
12 Second Club

In any case good kill of an obvious dumbass (mustang owner) who doesn't know his ******* from his fuel door. I hate people that talk big crap like that. I'm glad you shut him up and probably some of his local nutswingers who could never even hope to drive decently.
Old 06-10-2010, 07:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

armyboyatc my buddy just wanted to let you know he got a good little laugh from you last night... He is in the military as well...... But just like me, a fat lazy person.

FWIW, anybody wondering. I do lawn care for a living... Average day runs around 11-15 hours depending on the week, mon-fri. I carry a weed eater the entire day at a very fast paced walk. After that me and two other guys I work with go to the gym before heading home. On the weekends I do construction for about 7-10 hours depending on how much help he is needing. Army or not, I would love to see you keep up with me through the entire day. You wouldn't be able to pick your arms up after day three, I promise you that.

And to the "I'm not meeting this fool" comment, that would be in your best interest, no matter how real life bad *** you are.
Old 06-10-2010, 07:40 AM
12 Second Club

Wow, this thread... sheesh... it goes back and forth... sorry I posted before reading the whole thing.... Damn. I'm glad some of you serve our beloved country but damn, don't start talking to someone before you know if they are a vet or not. I don't put my veteran *** all over the net saying to people I am badass, and I got shot at more times than you've let the clutch out of your car when I served. No one plays "badass" by the way, you are or you are not there is no play. In any case to the OP still a good kill, way to put it to him. Don't be that guy and talk about a car that is not done yet. When it's done and you run 11s post her on up and I will give you props, or a nice firm pat on the bottom See, I have both so I am bis.... no I'm not.... Thought you might get a kick out of that. I don't post (laugh out loud) so that was all in fun and my posts are meant to be taken lightly. Good luck on messing up the other stangs in town, it sounds like you don't need it though.
Old 06-10-2010, 07:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

Thanks for the comments, other than the not finished yet thing.

When are our cars ever finished?

I'll talk about it all I want, finished or not it is what it is...
Old 06-10-2010, 08:32 AM
TECH Apprentice

This thread is quite the **** show. And whats with all the "what ifs?" What if the mustang owner didn't want to build it "right" so it had the max power he could get out of it? Maybe he just wanted something a little more than stock and not some crazy set up. He might be planning to put a 351 or something in the car and didn't want to sink money into the 302 to build it the "right" way. There are so many factors here that can come into play that make this conversation dumb and useless. I've been following all 13 pages and I've got to say this is one of the most pointless arguments I've seen on here. Don't get me wrong, it's good entertainment, but pointless.

When I had my old 305 tuned port in my TA, I put a cam, headers, and exhaust on it. I could have built it the "right" way and probably squezed 400 HP out of that motor with heads and other parts, but I knew later down the road I was going bigger, so I DIDN"T WANT to sink money into the 305. The cam gave me all the power I needed to hold me by while I was building my new engine. Anyways, just my 2 cents.
Old 06-10-2010, 08:36 AM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by NightmareTA
This thread is quite the **** show. And whats with all the "what ifs?" What if the mustang owner didn't want to build it "right" so it had the max power he could get out of it? Maybe he just wanted something a little more than stock and not some crazy set up. He might be planning to put a 351 or something in the car and didn't want to sink money into the 302 to build it the "right" way. There are so many factors here that can come into play that make this conversation dumb and useless. I've been following all 13 pages and I've got to say this is one of the most pointless arguments I've seen on here. Don't get me wrong, it's good entertainment, but pointless.

When I had my old 305 tuned port in my TA, I put a cam, headers, and exhaust on it. I could have built it the "right" way and probably squezed 400 HP out of that motor with heads and other parts, but I knew later down the road I was going bigger, so I DIDN"T WANT to sink money into the 305. The cam gave me all the power I needed to hold me by while I was building my new engine. Anyways, just my 2 cents.
I agree, some people in this thread just cream in their pants at the thought of beating a HCI 302, and they won't let it die. I know what you mean about not sinking money into something you won't have for too long, for example right now I'm saving up for the next coupe I buy instead of putting a Kenne Bell on my car
Old 06-10-2010, 08:47 AM
11 Second Club

nice kill greg rob, i run 11s @ 5800 feet on DR's and heavy firehawk wheels with a 100 shot and a cam/bolt-ons, and 12.5s N/A cam bolt-ons and 13.0 Bolt-ons only, haha bolt on mustangs are lucky to run 14.9s and h/c/i run about 14.2s and built Turbo foxs run about 12.8s, But your right, you can Rape any mustang you come across, and what ever you dont beat, i know ill rob like an old lady, haha. even 03-04 cobras are lucky to hit 12.6s in stock trim. modded they do about 11.80s. i did see ONE go 11.20s but he had more money in his left head then i did in my whole car. anyway, if you think you can come up to 5800 feet and spank gregrob id LOVE to see that. (not in a naughty way)

oh btw i dont hate mustangs i did own a foxbody, i love notch backs but baby and all one had to go.. and it wasnt my godly ls1 haha.

Last edited by 99BlackTransAm; 06-10-2010 at 08:54 AM.
Old 06-10-2010, 08:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

Well hello there my friend.

Let's race, right now, for $1000 cash.

Oh wait, your wimpy lsjuan blew a tranny :pointlaugh:

Quick Reply: Built 306 Fox Body Rape