Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Built 306 Fox Body Rape

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 01:01 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by happysem
Why are you being such a little ****?

My car runs 9.0 in the 1/8th, big ******* deal, its slow, where did I say it was fast?

All I did is the same thing you did, you said if it was a motor that was setup better, it would stomp him, to which I just raised the bar again.

A LOT of people in this thread currently need a nice week ban, and I honestly believe you might need one as well, every time that I personally see you post you just sit here and stir the pot.

I don't give a **** about your car and who you've beaten, how its set up, or how much more power you can make, just give it a ******* rest.

They lined up and raced, someone lost, get over it.
Even though you're a bit of a ***** in here, you've got one of the cleanest LT1 cars I've ever seen. If I was ready to buy right now I'd have to give it a better look.
Old 06-07-2010, 01:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sarge_13
Even though you're a bit of a ***** in here, you've got one of the cleanest LT1 cars I've ever seen. If I was ready to buy right now I'd have to give it a better look.
Completely irrelevant, but thank you lol.
Old 06-07-2010, 01:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by lemons12
This post is full of win... And not the good kind. I don't even have a responding post for all of this absolute perfection of a post.
Originally Posted by Sarge_13
Off topic but what is your MOS?

Also, learn how to construct a simple paragraph. However, you do raise a good point. lemons, why don't you own a Cobra?
I am a 15Q (Air Traffic Controller) What about you? Good to see a fellow service member on here!
Old 06-07-2010, 01:57 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by gregrob
You are ******* retarded. I dont know what else to say. You obviously have zero reading and comprehension skills and you are whiny crying *** little ****** like every other mustang owner I know.

If you ever get that ragged out hacked together piece of **** to the Denver area give me a call
damn and I got an infraction last week for saying one word in a thread(homo)

seems fair lol
Old 06-07-2010, 02:35 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 93sspcoupe
my friends 306 went 10.7 at 124 and only made 389rwhp. it was a aod s trim and hci. also had a main girdle. thats the only way a stock 302 block will withstand anypower. oh shes now making 440rwhp no tack times since the heads been ported
Damn good times and traps for a car making that power. Considerable lightening? My car went 112.9 with around 320rwhp and a race weight of just under 3150 lbs. So, your buddy was hauling *** for 70 more rwhp picking up 11mph. Rule of thumb says he should've been about 2700-2800 lbs.
Old 06-07-2010, 02:42 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by armyboyatc
I am a 15Q (Air Traffic Controller) What about you? Good to see a fellow service member on here!
I appreciate your service, but don't act like being in Iraq makes you a "badass in REAL LIFE." Those facts alone tell us little about you. What the 15Q thing tells me is that you probably spend as much time or more in the MWR than outside of the wire, if you aren't a Fobbit. Even outside of the wire, Iraq is a boring place these days. I'm trying not to be too much of a dick, but e-badassery is gay even in the unlikely event that you are a badass in real life.

Ok... I'm done hating. Where are you? I was in a task force that did missions throughout theater, and particularly north of Baghdad. Which COB/FOB/COP do you live on?

Chris
Old 06-07-2010, 03:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

LOL Well I am in the un-bad *** place of Baghdad, I live on VBC and I run TTCS missions. (tactical terminal control system) Its Air Traffic Control out of a HMMWV. We go OUTSIDE the wire and set up airfields for helicopters to land on and drop off supplies for COMBAT teams. I work at Liberty Tower when I'm not doing that.

I've heard the MWR is a nice place.

I wasnt trying to be a bad *** but Im not gonna let some lazy *** tell me to be a "man". That is the ONLY reason I even said anything about it. Its not really a big deal to me. Just another job.

Thats cool you were in a task force. The REALLY bad *** people are the black water guys (otherwise known as "state") they really rule *** over here. What is it exactly that a task force does? I know yall go on "missions" but what do yall do?
Old 06-07-2010, 05:53 AM
Teching In

LOL Well I am in the un-bad *** place of Baghdad, I live on VBC and I run TTCS missions. (tactical terminal control system) Its Air Traffic Control out of a HMMWV. We go OUTSIDE the wire and set up airfields for helicopters to land on and drop off supplies for COMBAT teams. I work at Liberty Tower when I'm not doing that.

I've heard the MWR is a nice place.

I wasnt trying to be a bad *** but Im not gonna let some lazy *** tell me to be a "man". That is the ONLY reason I even said anything about it. Its not really a big deal to me. Just another job.

Thats cool you were in a task force. The REALLY bad *** people are the black water guys (otherwise known as "state") they really rule *** over here. What is it exactly that a task force does? I know yall go on "missions" but what do yall do?
I understand your point about other guys talking ****. They sometimes don't understand that they could be talking to someone who's actually been in the ****, and is numb to repercussions and personal danger. Intimidation only works on people who are afraid for their own safety, but once you've been in contact too many times it gets to the point that being afraid is replaced by being angry and/or violent. For this reason, it's generally not a good idea to tempt someone in a line unit.

That's funny. To me the really BADASS guys are the operators who are E7s+ and MAJs+ that only go by first names with their colleagues and soldiers. That said, Blackwater recruits operators. So, sometimes we're talking about the same types of guys.

Before I tell you about the task force, let me clarify that I am not an operator - just an infantryman. Every unit is a "task force" now, but when I was there, THE task force was a JSOTF that was an umbrella for all of the "cool" guys you've read about or seen on TV. I have to be very careful about OPSEC so please understand that I can't go into detail on the units and exact organizations involved, nor can I talk about the assets available to us. My part of that mission was conducting Air Assault missions to "black holes" in order to kill/capture AQI or to stir intel for others in the larger task force to exploit. We would Air Assault into an area, isolate a village, and then go door to door gaining intelligence from locals and/or searching for TSTs. Sometimes our intelligence was specific enough to lock down a building and capture a TST, and sometimes we wouldn't get any intelligence and we'd have to develop it on our own.

The nice part about it was all of the help we had, the relaxed ROE, and the fact that we rarely had to drive which minimized risk from IEDs. The shitty part about it is that we were always sent to **** holes.

Chris
Old 06-07-2010, 05:54 AM
Teching In

Oh, and Victory is a nice place. Really nice chow hall, and facilities. Enjoy it. Try not to let being away from home make you miserable.
Old 06-07-2010, 06:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Chris Arnold
Oh, and Victory is a nice place. Really nice chow hall, and facilities. Enjoy it. Try not to let being away from home make you miserable.
Oh no. I have LS1 tech guys to keep me occupied. LOL

Since you did air assault missions and stuff im sure you have worked with ATC personel such as myself. Im not the typical ATC guy. (sometimes I wish I was...)

Anyway I think we JACKED this thread LOL. Oh well we are military right? We just take what we want LOL Just Kidding.

Well it was nice to meet you. BTW what kind of car do you have and where are you from?
Old 06-07-2010, 07:33 AM
Teching In

Nice to meet you, too. We didn't really work with Army ATCs for the air-assaults since we set up our own LZs and PZs. The Air Force always sent us TAC-P/JTAC guys to handle their assets and to assist us in planning our asset stack.

I'm a military brat that lived in a lot of places, but I spent the most time in the Northwest panhandle of Florida. I drive a C5 Corvette that's bone stock, and a Turbocharged Dart-blocked fox-body Mustang that makes more power than the tranny, rear, and tires can handle right now. It has a long way to go, but it's been fun to build it so far.

Chris

Last edited by Chris Arnold; 06-07-2010 at 08:29 AM.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:15 AM
TECH Apprentice

Always love hearing military stories. Makes me wish I was over there DOING something with my life. Instead, I got an office job. Boring as hell. Whatever though, whatever funds your hobbies (car) I guess right?

And I used to LOVE watching the blackwater guys on youtube in Iraq. It's like they don't show any fear, and laugh as there shooting people. Real wackos, lol, but hey, I think we need some people like that over there to keep the fear in the enemy!

And thanks for serving guys
Old 06-07-2010, 08:22 AM
Staging Lane

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Don't be fooled, that 306 could be built to make the OPer's Camaro look like it was standing still. Obviously though the fox body owner isn't that bright. Then again I wouldn't say the OPer is either. What can ya do thou..
This. I think my car would be a good race for the OP...
Old 06-07-2010, 08:43 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by gregrob
You are ******* retarded. I dont know what else to say. You obviously have zero reading and comprehension skills and you are whiny crying *** little ****** like every other mustang owner I know.

If you ever get that ragged out hacked together piece of **** to the Denver area give me a call
You've met the crowd that thinks they are cool because they have a Mustang...not the crowd who knows what the **** they're doing. So watch your generalizations, I could come up with 50 stereotypes of people who drive GM but that would be unintelligent because I know better that to buy into that ****...
Old 06-07-2010, 10:45 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
I'm stating that a 306 could be built to outrun him. I didn't say "When the 306 owner does this you better watch out, and if he does this its going to be worse for you!"

See that is the difference between you and me.
This isn't about what "could have" happened, its about what did. He got pulled like a chain, just like every other mustang ive ever raced.

Don't think for a second I wouldn't line up with you. My car will go 11s this year at 5,800 feet, will yours?
Old 06-07-2010, 11:25 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LT1's can't beat 5.0's, no way no how!
Old 06-07-2010, 11:27 AM
TECH Addict

Well, I wasn't gonna post it up til just before I left but **** it.

I'm 11X right now. Leaving for Benning in August for OSUT. A good friend of mine is in tech school to be an Air Force ATC.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:30 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by chavez885
LT1's can't beat 5.0's, no way no how!
Well that sucks, considering the 48 c.i. advantage they have.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:51 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by snake95
Well that sucks, considering the 48 c.i. advantage they have.
Oh god....
Old 06-07-2010, 12:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by NightmareTA
Always love hearing military stories. Makes me wish I was over there DOING something with my life. Instead, I got an office job. Boring as hell. Whatever though, whatever funds your hobbies (car) I guess right?

And I used to LOVE watching the blackwater guys on youtube in Iraq. It's like they don't show any fear, and laugh as there shooting people. Real wackos, lol, but hey, I think we need some people like that over there to keep the fear in the enemy!

And thanks for serving guys
No probem man! Anytime! I will be dammed if some terrorist comes over here and messes my freedom up which allows me to be able to build and race cars! (pretty much all ive ever done) When 911 happened I signed up as soon as I was old enough to go. This is America and we never run from a fight. Thanks for the support!

Quick Reply: Built 306 Fox Body Rape