Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

'01 C5Z H/C vs '03 Cobra Ported/Pullied

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 11:55 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Id go with devils own. Prefer their kits more plus they are cheaper. Just use ur washer tank to put the meth and use a tb spacer tapped for spraying it
Old 06-15-2010, 02:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TransAmcoupe98
Maybe you should think about using Meth TJ. Worked good on my Turbo T/A, relatively cheap. Would lower your AIT's a good bit. All you gotta do is use your windshield washer resevoir instead of buying an additional container. Snow and Alky both have good kits and you can do it yourself in a few hours. If your gonna keep your Cobra, and I would, look into it.
Thats all we need TJ strung out on meth
Old 06-15-2010, 02:24 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by LS1Z28-00
Also this is not correct. The problem is not lifting the heads but melting the number 7&8 pistons due to too much heat and load from 5th gear, causing the pistons to expand and with only .001 PTW clearance bye bye pistons.
I mean, with the exception of the heads lifting (which I have heard is a problem as well), isn't that what I said? Long gear+ boost = too much strain. Heat + load = strain.
Old 06-15-2010, 03:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
I mean, with the exception of the heads lifting (which I have heard is a problem as well), isn't that what I said? Long gear+ boost = too much strain. Heat + load = strain.
Strain...yes....Headlift, NO. Most forged motors come with a little more PTW clearance like .003. The cobra's come with .001. Which is, when the excess load is put on the motor from 5th gear, #7 and 8 will expand and kaboom. I havent heard of headlift being a problem especially since the Cobra's run a low CR.
Old 06-15-2010, 03:44 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Maybe you should think about using Meth TJ. Worked good on my Turbo T/A, relatively cheap. Would lower your AIT's a good bit. All you gotta do is use your windshield washer resevoir instead of buying an additional container. Snow and Alky both have good kits and you can do it yourself in a few hours. If your gonna keep your Cobra, and I would, look into it.
Meth is a PITA on a '03 Cobra. The nozzles needs to be plummed into the lower
intake manifold so the meth bypasses the intake, the blower, and the intercooler.
It basically needs to get sprayed directly into the intake ports. No thanks...too much
nonsense for me. Personally, I don't think meth necessary with a '03 Cobra
(with a positive displacement blower - turbo is another story).
Old 06-15-2010, 04:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by corysmach1
Me????
Originally Posted by lemons12
I'm sure he walks around with those little "???" above his head on a regular basis.
BOOM, right on the kisser!
Ahem....sniff. Evan, I left this morning, I will give you a call tmrw. I have a mission for you. You need to go back to our spot and make contact with "Orange" along with my phone number....
Good ole' Orange. I'm sure we can work something out with that.
Originally Posted by Red99TA
Cool runs. Looks like the Z has the slight edge especially w/o a passenger. We need daytime vids to see these purty cars in action.
Well, we are 9 hours or so away from the Z now.. I'm sure we could toss some pics of both of them up together, next few months we could get some more vids. And we STILL don't have any of our cars together Caleb, hell I don't even think me and you do either, do we TJ?
Ya ima have to go down there and tell orange and liken(sp?) to get to work.
Liken, HAHAHAHAH... Instead of get to work bitch it will be, "Get to work werewolf".
Originally Posted by Ego Killer
Thats all we need TJ strung out on meth
I thought you were his source? I knew he was on something right when he said he could keep up with me from a dig.
Old 06-18-2010, 11:48 AM
10 Second Club

BOOM, right on the kisser!

Good ole' Orange. I'm sure we can work something out with that.

Well, we are 9 hours or so away from the Z now.. I'm sure we could toss some pics of both of them up together, next few months we could get some more vids. And we STILL don't have any of our cars together Caleb, hell I don't even think me and you do either, do we TJ?

Liken, HAHAHAHAH... Instead of get to work bitch it will be, "Get to work werewolf".

I thought you were his source? I knew he was on something right when he said he could keep up with me from a dig.
When i get a tune in this biatch where i can leave around the limter maybe a 2 step programmed in where i can leave at around 6k RPM we will see if i can keep up or not.
Old 06-18-2010, 11:53 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Thats like saying the problem with cobras is the motor falls completely out of the car because of strain and heat. Yes its because of load and heat but has nothing to do with the heads lifting. Ive never heard of a cobra lifting the heads esp. at my powerlevel but i would assume around 900+ RWHP that could be an issue but thats with any high boosted car.
Old 06-18-2010, 08:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

When i get a tune in this biatch where i can leave around the limter maybe a 2 step programmed in where i can leave at around 6k RPM we will see if i can keep up or not.
BLAH BLAH BLAH....

Count it bitch... That is SIX Taco Stands.

YOU DON'T WANT NONE!!!!!
Old 06-18-2010, 09:20 PM
Banned

I love it!!!
Old 06-18-2010, 09:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

I love it!!!

Old 06-19-2010, 06:39 PM
Banned

Hell TJ, I thought you were getting a Viper? If you want to get beat everywhere, be my guest, I would keep that Cobra. That Viper will need at least 5k in mods to beat your Cobra, and it still wouldn't look as good. I would just spray about a 100 shot on the Cobra and call it a day.
Old 06-19-2010, 06:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

I explained the "taco stand" story to Jason.. He thought it was pretty funny.
He then proceeded to tell me he would put 6 Taco stands on that Cobra any time it wanted it.

I'm just the messenger.
Old 06-19-2010, 06:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hell TJ, I thought you were getting a Viper? If you want to get beat everywhere, be my guest, I would keep that Cobra. That Viper will need at least 5k in mods to beat your Cobra, and it still wouldn't look as good. I would just spray about a 100 shot on the Cobra and call it a day.
I dont know what your smoking??? but a Viper looks better than any of our cars especially a dang Slobra
Old 06-19-2010, 07:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

I dont know what your smoking??? but a Viper looks better than any of our cars
I have to agree with Caleb on this one as crazy as it sounds.

Don't like this at all!
http://viper.dragtimes.com/viper/hre...ide_hre-sm.jpg
http://www.scorpiocars.net/images/Do...0Edition_3.jpg
http://media.motortopia.com/files/12...1/CIMG0336.jpg
That rear is hideous IMO.

Even the front doesn't REALLY appeal to me.. I like the sides a LOT. I would chose a C6Z over one any day of the week (talking newer Vipers). I would chose a C5Z over the older ones. Its all opinion I suppose. The Viper is American muscle that is trying to be exotic... I just don't think they are that appealing looking.
Old 06-19-2010, 07:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have to agree with Caleb on this one as crazy as it sounds.

Don't like this at all!
http://viper.dragtimes.com/viper/hre...ide_hre-sm.jpg
http://www.scorpiocars.net/images/Do...0Edition_3.jpg
http://media.motortopia.com/files/12...1/CIMG0336.jpg
That rear is hideous IMO.

Even the front doesn't REALLY appeal to me.. I like the sides a LOT. I would chose a C6Z over one any day of the week (talking newer Vipers). I would chose a C5Z over the older ones. Its all opinion I suppose. The Viper is American muscle that is trying to be exotic... I just don't think they are that appealing looking.

You Sir are F'n retarded!! that 1st one is bad ***! anyway this furthers my point about the water in Franklin county!! 3 eyed fish and dumbass's between 19-25
Old 06-19-2010, 07:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

You Sir are F'n retarded!! that 1st one is bad ***! anyway this furthers my point about the water in Franklin county!! 3 eyed fish and dumbass's between 19-25
Ahhh, the rims and side are.. Back is horrible.

All opinion! They aren't that much more.. Sell your car and put 10K up and you can get one!
Old 06-20-2010, 10:58 AM
Banned

No way that a 96-02 viper looks better than a C5Z....Now a 06+, yes. C6Z....no contest.
Old 06-20-2010, 11:00 AM
Banned

Also, go drive one and you will know what I am talking about. NO creature comforts. NO ABS, interior looks like something that belongs in a Fox Body. I do like how they sound though.
Old 06-20-2010, 11:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

Also, go drive one and you will know what I am talking about. NO creature comforts. NO ABS, interior looks like something that belongs in a Fox Body. I do like how they sound though.
The interiors in the C5s are nothing to write home about either..