Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Eclipse GT vs Third gen

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 08:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
I don't think anyone would argue that particular 2nd gen looks better than that particular 3rd gen, but that is a bit of an unfair comparison; that 3rd gen is basically stock with some aftermarket wheels.
The best looking 2Gs are always basically stock bodied with rims and suspension.

To make a 3G look even halfway decent, you need a tasteful bodykit (doesn't help much IMO).

Old 06-29-2010, 08:43 PM
***Repost Police***

That last pic of the white 2nd gen with the split-spoke Volks, is that a photoshop? Cuz it definitely looks to be the same car as the white one on the previous page.
Old 06-29-2010, 08:45 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
That last pic of the white 2nd gen with the split-spoke Volks, is that a photoshop? Cuz it definitely looks to be the same car as the white one on the previous page.
I think it probably is the same car, just at a different time.

But my main point isn't that the 3G is a step down from the 2G because of its looks (those are subjective), it's because of its performance.

I can't blame Mitsubishi for doing what they did (the EVO basically replaced the DSMs as the main performance car), but when Skinny69 called the 3G Eclipse the "big block" of the import world, I had to step in.

DSM/EVOs and Supras would be the most likely candidates to hold that title. There are others (Skyline, 240SX, etc.), but fast ones are too rare to be seriously considered.
Old 06-29-2010, 08:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I say **** it! Rip out that 4G motor and drop in an LS1!!! 8-/
Old 06-29-2010, 08:54 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by 1992TsiAWD
I think it probably is the same car, just at a different time.

But my main point isn't that the 3G is a step down from the 2G because of its looks (those are subjective), it's because of its performance.

I can't blame Mitsubishi for doing what they did (the EVO basically replaced the DSMs as the main performance car), but when Skinny69 called the 3G Eclipse the "big block" of the import world, I had to step in.

DSM/EVOs and Supras would be the most likely candidates to hold that title. There are others (Skyline, 240SX, etc.), but fast ones are too rare to be seriously considered.
Can't argue that.
Old 06-29-2010, 09:09 PM
Teching In

That black 2g is sexy. An older guy I play poker with has a newer eclipse. It runs pretty decent, has a good sound system, interiors pretty nice. It's an all around nice car. Only thing it needs, is to be lowered. Everything looks better lowered.
Old 06-29-2010, 10:14 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by adanieljohnson1
I say **** it! Rip out that 4G motor and drop in an LS1!!! 8-/
I'm sure it could be done.

A few people have rotated their 4G 90* and gone solely RWD.

Quick Reply: Eclipse GT vs Third gen