Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

1st Highway Kill of 2010-370Z

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 03:33 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
If I had an unlimited budget, and turned a 2500HD Silverado into the best corner-carver in the country, with 1,200hp, and it went around the Nurburgring faster than a Z06, would it be a sports car? Capabilities and numbers are not what define a car.
No that would just be a badass truck.

Again, we are talking about stock cars or at least their platforms. I never implied anything like what you are saying. Where is this junk coming from? I feel a car must at a minimum handle well and have almost decent capabilities in stock form for me to consider it a sports car. To me a miata, fiero or any other little car that performs no better than a cavalier is not a sports car. Just my opinion.

Your post is nearly equivalent to someone posting an all out drag car vid when talking about street car mod-ability.

I posted definitions of both muscle cars and sports cars, I think I have an understanding thanks.
Old 06-28-2010, 03:35 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
I'm a big fan of "***-spelunker."
lol not sure what an ***-spelunker is but its funny
Old 06-28-2010, 04:10 AM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by toslow5o
No that would just be a badass truck.

Again, we are talking about stock cars or at least their platforms. I never implied anything like what you are saying. Where is this junk coming from? I feel a car must at a minimum handle well and have almost decent capabilities in stock form for me to consider it a sports car. To me a miata, fiero or any other little car that performs no better than a cavalier is not a sports car. Just my opinion.

Your post is nearly equivalent to someone posting an all out drag car vid when talking about street car mod-ability.

I posted definitions of both muscle cars and sports cars, I think I have an understanding thanks.
You missed the point entirely. Which would be, what a vehicle "can do" doesn't necessarily have to do with its classification. So a truck that goes really fast is still a truck. A Pony or Muscle car that handles well is still a Pony/Muscle car. And a sports car that run 16s is still a sports car. If you put an N/A Ecotec motor in the Corvette, would it not still be a Corvette?
Old 06-28-2010, 04:15 AM
Teching In

The only good car ever produced by Nissan, is the skyline. And I'm not talking about the automatic, awd, TT maxima r35. Don't get mad, it's just an opinion. You can like whatever you want. Including the 370turd.
Old 06-28-2010, 08:07 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So the OP posts up a good kill story, gives the owner of the other car a thumbs up and props, and you guys turn his thread into this? Not one post directed towards the OP or his story has been made in the last four of a total of five pages in this thread. Way to ruin the thread, guys.

And I don't know how many times I have to say that these personal attacks and insults need to stop or people will just start getting banned without a warning. Read the sticky and stop making this forum the laughing stock of LS1Tech, because threads like this are exactly the reason why so many members on this site won't even come in here or post up their stories for us to enjoy.

Last edited by PewterScreaminMach; 06-28-2010 at 10:42 AM.