Originally Posted by rjwz28
Another few pages....

Some need to vent over the 5.0
Old 07-21-2010 | 09:54 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ke^in
There were 94 Mustang SVT Cobras that had a 5.8l Windsor V8

The 96-98 Cobra had a 305hp engine with DOHC 4v Both above were faster than the LT1s Z28s they were being compared with.

In 99 They had a 320hp Engine. While not AS FAST as a 99 LS1 Z28, it was damned close.

I wont got into the 5.4l R series

In 2003-4 the Mach1 was pretty much equal with the Z28. And the Termi Cobra.. well do I even have to mention that one?

I wont go into how the 3vs were very close in performance with the Z28 LS1s. And the GT500s blew them way.

So yes, Ford has been making cars that either compete, or outperform GM offerings for years. Even the Vette with Ford's GT.

Now if you want to say that this was the first time Ford made a GT in the past few decades that was faster than the Z28, then yes, that would be correct.
I have NEVER, not once, seen a ford GT or 5.4 R in my area... It's somewhat rare to see Termi's and Machs. While the stang gt, z28 and ta are common place or sometimes obnoxiously abundant.

I definitely see/agree with your point but when I compare the older pony cars it is going to be between models that are not so limited in production.

Ford has a great market with this approach and I really wish GM offered the same. Even if less profit is made by the limited production vehicles it creates hype and brand loyalty.
Old 07-21-2010 | 10:14 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
Another few pages....

Some need to vent over the 5.0
I know I don't understand why so much chaos, to be honest. From the perspective of being a GM guy, I wasn't exactly thrilled when Ford dropped it in the 2011, however, I am impressed. I just don't feel a need to get on the internet and start a bunch of crap about how the new 5.0 is either king of the world or irrelevent. Oh well.
Old 07-21-2010 | 10:29 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by snake95
Man I've read your posts before and I used to think you knew what you were talking about. You proved me wrong. The garbage you're spewing is no different than me saying "Oh yeah well if an LS1 had this and this it would stomp the Mustang!" Your post is just a long novel of how you swing on the LS's nuts and close your eyes when there is another fast car that's not GM. You are a cancer to the car enthusiast world.

That is not at all what I got from his post. You always twist ppls posts into something irrational.
Old 07-21-2010 | 10:57 AM
On The Tree

So a car that can handle over 500rwhp via turbo or supercharger, wont suddenly be able to handle it N/A?

Really?

Or are you trying to say you don't think that the new 5.0 will be able to hit 500rwhp without boost? I surely hope that's not the case.
He wasn't saying anything other than you failed to see the specific point of another member's post. For a self-proclaimed know it all you never seem to know what anyone else is trying to communicate.

Had this been an actual "debate" you'd have been disqualified for being over all moronic in your approach.
The greatest lessons in higher education are communication and comprehension. You seem to have no grasp of the aforementioned topics so I feel you shouldn't denounce anyone's approach, until you learn how to interpret simple points and arguments.
Old 07-21-2010 | 10:59 AM
On The Tree

Sorry OP,

I'd like to know how you fair with the wire fixed and a spot on tune. Let us know if you get another run with a 5.0
Old 07-21-2010 | 11:13 AM
On The Tree

I dont see what the big deal is, The mustang got a power bump....who didn't see this coming I swear to god it gets like this every few years. Mod your F body or you 5th gen. If the new Gt is a little faster outta the box so be it....and Im sorry for those that think the LS1 is dated....well yeah it is! It was designed with the competition at the time in mind. Fords strategy with smaller displacement ohc motors is nothing new people and we need to just buckle down there is no reason for all this bickering. It is seriously getting old. I have been on just about every major GM board on the internet it always turns out the same steaming piles of bullshit bench racing. I love my Z28 and thats that Props to ford on a car well built...I have no loyalties to a company they have not done one thing to earn it. For me there is magic between my camaro and I. Our love hate relationship over the years and thats just me..carry on!
Old 07-21-2010 | 11:47 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by toslow5o
He wasn't saying anything other than you failed to see the specific point of another member's post.
He wasn't even commenting on anything I said when I replied to him. So how could he have been saying anything to me in said post? He was replying to snake95. Not I.
For a self-proclaimed know it all
I don't ever recall claiming this. Why the dishonesty?
you never seem to know what anyone else is trying to communicate.
I have my faults. I'm usually the first to admit such things. But he wasn't communicating with me when he said what he said.
The greatest lessons in higher education are communication and comprehension.
Irony at it's finest here folks.
You seem to have no grasp of the aforementioned topics so I feel you shouldn't denounce anyone's approach, until you learn how to interpret simple points and arguments.
Take your own advice before acting pretentiously condescending to others. And yes, this post of yours was pretentious.

<edit> Sorry Jay.. </edit>

Last edited by Ke^in; 07-21-2010 at 12:35 PM.
Old 07-21-2010 | 12:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by chaman
No...a simple bolt on LS1 cannot take them. In reality GM dont have ANY chance with this car unless they make dramatic changes to the current Camaro platfom. (which is a big fat ugly pig...IMO). These are going to sell like hotcakes.
Well said.
Old 07-21-2010 | 12:21 PM
Staging Lane

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

That is not at all what I got from his post. You always twist ppls posts into something irrational.
I bet it's 100% coincidence you didn't get that from his posts. He could have typed in a different language and you would still argue your point (that you don't have) for the sake of arguing.
Old 07-21-2010 | 12:34 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by snake95
I bet it's 100% coincidence you didn't get that from his posts. He could have typed in a different language and you would still argue your point (that you don't have) for the sake of arguing.
For the sake of arguing?

I was just stating the obvious, no arguing that.
Old 07-21-2010 | 12:35 PM
Staging Lane

He wasn't saying anything other than you failed to see the specific point of another member's post. For a self-proclaimed know it all you never seem to know what anyone else is trying to communicate.

The greatest lessons in higher education are communication and comprehension. You seem to have no grasp of the aforementioned topics so I feel you shouldn't denounce anyone's approach, until you learn how to interpret simple points and arguments.
Amen to that!
Old 07-21-2010 | 12:43 PM
TECH Regular

BLWNV10 the ironic part about your post as well is, I already debunked his claims. He was doing the very same thing he claimed I was. Said poster wasn't replying to me as he claimed he was. He needed to take his own advice. And from your reply, you do too.

Read ---> Comprehend ---> Reply

Follow those three steps and you'll do fine.

www.rif.org
Old 07-21-2010 | 12:45 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

GM, make the 2012 Camaro 3500lbs and give it a live axle- end of story

Hell, I'd buy one myself but at 3900-4xxx lbs with an IRS.....no f-in way.
Old 07-21-2010 | 12:46 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
GM, make the 2012 Camaro 3600lbs and give it a live axle- end of story
Definitely. The GT would have no chance then. None.
Old 07-21-2010 | 01:00 PM
On The Tree

For the record at this time a 6th gen is on the schedule and will ride on an Alpha platform with a goal weight of around 3600 lbs. The engines will be 5th gen SBC. Yes pushrods. Yes 2 valves per cylinder. The addition of AFM and Direct Injection help make it more technologically advanced. They are aiming for 440 hp out of a 5.5 in the C7 Corvette so expect to see similar in the Camaro. Gas mileage is rumored to increase as well. See, the Camaro may have to wait until 2012 to 2014 but the answer is coming.

Ford's issue is there is no RWD platform to go to. They are stuck with the S197. Its a good platform but so was the Fox in 85. Ford has no solution for a next gen. The plan is to run what they have, and possibly for a while. Ford doesn't even have an Australian platform to fall back on. RWD Falcon is gone.

Don't worry, change is in the wind. The SBC will get another upgrade. The Camaro will lose weight. If I was going to buy a $35,000 I'd be in a 5th Gen Camaro.

REMEMBER competition is good for everyone.

Oh, and the 5.0 is a bear. There is an ebb and flow to the perfomance car market. You can't ALWAYS be fastest. Otherwise no one would buy the other car.
Old 07-21-2010 | 01:02 PM
TECH Regular

I HOPE GM puts out a faster Camaro. That will just mean a faster Mustang will be out shortly.

It's a win win for both sides.
Old 07-21-2010 | 01:06 PM
On The Tree

Exactly my point. When they compete we reap the benefits.
Old 07-21-2010 | 01:08 PM
TECH Regular

Then again Ford could just make the same 5.0 for the next 15 years. It's not like they've never done that before.
Old 07-21-2010 | 01:09 PM
On The Tree

BLWNV10 the ironic part about your post as well is, I already debunked his claims. He was doing the very same thing he claimed I was. Said poster wasn't replying to me as he claimed he was. He needed to take his own advice. And from your reply, you do too.

Read ---> Comprehend ---> Reply

Follow those three steps and you'll do fine.

www.rif.org

You are right in the fact he was replying to snake not yourself. But for your lack of accurately comprehending and responding to his post, which you missed as my point, you failed miserably.

Quick Reply: It finally happened, new 5.0 killed me