Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

It finally happened, new 5.0 killed me

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2010, 06:15 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by necrocannibal
Dont have a dog in this fight but he didnt say they all did. He said 10SS have ran that and MANY were in the 12s, not all had gone mid 12s.
he needs to learn the difference between plural and singular then...
one 2010 camaro ran 12.58 one time, let's just have that be known.
Old 07-18-2010, 06:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chaman
The thing is. Is GM going for a more powerful engine? If they go for this then the Camaro will be even more out of reach to the population segment its designed for...This will only increase the Mustang sales more.

They need to come with a new more agile, lighter platform for them to be an option. Perhaps this new Mustang would only accelerate the second dead of the Camaro? GM could just avoid and ignore that class of car and concentrate their efforts in continue licking Obama's *****! This is just my opinion.
how would that be the 2nd dead of the camaro? those things are selling very very well. prob faster then any gen camaro ever aside from the 1st gen.
Old 07-18-2010, 06:48 PM
Staging Lane

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

Respectable Death.
Old 07-18-2010, 06:50 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by RibeiroBJJ
-But you come on this GM based site why?? To cause problems...
Why the dishonesty? I made it clear as to why I came here. And it wasn't to cause problems.
Try to convince everyone Ford as a whole is equal to GM as a whole performance/reliability/durability wise..
Show me where I said this once. I did not. Again with the dishonesty.
ever notice how defensive Gay people are..
No, not really. Then again gay people have no reason to be defensive around me.
trying to convince society they are morally right by protesting/being activists..Ever see a straight person do that..NO because they know they are morally right..kinda like you being here...
That was a horrible, horrible comparison.
remember I am on my brand's enthusiast's site..not a ferd site arguing why GM is better,I dont need to I know it is!
Don't recall saying Ford or GM was "better" You are he only one making such claims.
I am glad the 5.0 is out..Its good to have a little competition for my TRUCK..finally
And you're calling ME a fanboy
-As far as me being a fanboy..Hell yeah I am!...Kind of hard not to be when everyone is putting GM motors in there cars(Mustangs remember and Fords barely broke 300hp in there na flagship sports car a few years ago..Z06,ZR1,CTS-V,Denali,Escalade,SS nuff said
Ah you are one of those people that keep (probably on purpose) forgetting the Mach1, the Cobra, and the Ford GT. All of which either equalled or topped GM's offerings.

Not that I am saying Ford is better. I like both brands.

Your reply to me was full of overzealousness and dishonesty. If your rant was so just you'd not have to revert to such shenanigans.

It's people like you that make actual car enthusiasts cringe.
Old 07-18-2010, 06:53 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by w3s1c0a5t
Missing the point. VERY simple mods allow a 4th gen to run with a stock 5.0. Their not that fast PERIOD.
And I can put bolt ons on a 2v GT and run with a stock LS1. Does that mean the LS1 really isn't that fast?
The have an advantage mod for mod. But I promise their will be plenty of bolt fbodys beating bolt on 5.0's.
Depending on the drivers, I agree. Don't think anyone said otherwise.
Old 07-18-2010, 06:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Are you for real?? I mean could you please go back and re-read carefully what this thread about? Im talking about the muscle car/pony car segment of the market. In that segment GM is LOOSING....badly. Guess the ignorant here is you, who cannot even follow a thread. Guess reality is too much for some to handle.
i wouldnt say loosing. they both run rather similar in the 1/4 to a point that most buyers arent going to notice a difference. its just now they are both pretty equal with the nod going to the gt when the roads just very twisty. but not it boils down to which car looks more like the car you want to buy.

talking about modding a car is not fair to either gm or ford since customers will have different amounts of money to spend on modding a car, or might want different things. i mean one guy might want boost and another just be able to afford minor bolt ons. if you have the money and it makes you happy then its ok. sales numbers dont show gm loosing. more equal if anything.

just imagine once transformers 3 comes out and the camaro crazy starts back up again.
Old 07-18-2010, 07:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Nice death OP! I just have to write this, I went to the Ford dealership n they had a blue 2011 5.0 automatic with a window sticker of $31,5xx. That's a great price!
Old 07-18-2010, 07:57 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by liqidvenom
how would that be the 2nd dead of the camaro? those things are selling very very well. prob faster then any gen camaro ever aside from the 1st gen.
Check how many 3rd gens were sold. Read again. My post was referring at a probable occurrence in the next 3 to 4 years. They have sold well, for now, but that situation is changing, rapidly too.
Old 07-18-2010, 08:39 PM
Banned

I've never seen so much chest thumping over 11-12 second cars. Let me know when they start getting fast.
Old 07-18-2010, 09:23 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black
I've never seen so much chest thumping over 11-12 second cars. Let me know when they start getting fast.
Ok...they are getting fast (single digits).
Old 07-18-2010, 09:25 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by unit213
Ok...they are getting fast (single digits).
Has anybody gone single digits in the '11 GT's yet? I haven't been paying a whole lot of attention.
Old 07-18-2010, 09:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Sarge_13
Has anybody gone single digits in the '11 GT's yet? I haven't been paying a whole lot of attention.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZopOJ4Bd88

They really killed the video with the music, anyway...
http://www.mustangheaven.com/2010/st...5-0-in-the-9s/
Old 07-19-2010, 02:25 AM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Again...those numbers are with mods obviously, we are talking about STOCK performance! Its not only weight, think of weight vs power ratio. Also talk about price, didnt GM said the Camaro would be close to the Mustang in value? Bullshit man! Im so tired of the crap GM puts out! Aint you tired of their BS??

What is wrong with another car company making a great modern muscle/pony car? I'm not a GM exclusive enthusiast, I'm a an all around American muscle car guy.
450-470rwhp stock? Give me a break,theyre around 370rwhp stock ,like the LS3. Find me a modded 5.0l that is pushing 500rwhp with H/C pump gas. Sure it will happen soon, but I'm just giving an exemple to show its stupid to say that LS engines are outdated...Way too much Ford fanboism on that outdated statement(not from you Chaman)!!!!!!

And yes its only a weight thing because theyre in the same power range so..

No body stated any rules about stock or not; I'm saying that the LS1 or LSX will never be outdated stock or not. Stock LS3 are right on par with 5.0l numbers. Put it on an engine dyno and the power will always be almost the same from each one..so power wise its equal; the weight is the problem.

Nothing wrong about the new Mustang, its obviously better than the day man walked on the moon..Theres a post about it everyday.
Old 07-19-2010, 02:36 AM
***Repost Police***

Weight is the key, but that is part of the car...
Old 07-19-2010, 04:10 AM
TECH Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by fdjizm
Dang.. first time i've seen this.
Old 07-19-2010, 04:39 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Johnnystock
450-470rwhp stock? Give me a break,theyre around 370rwhp stock ,like the LS3. Find me a modded 5.0l that is pushing 500rwhp with H/C pump gas. Sure it will happen soon, but I'm just giving an exemple to show its stupid to say that LS engines are outdated...Way too much Ford fanboism on that outdated statement(not from you Chaman)!!!!!!

And yes its only a weight thing because theyre in the same power range so..

No body stated any rules about stock or not; I'm saying that the LS1 or LSX will never be outdated stock or not. Stock LS3 are right on par with 5.0l numbers. Put it on an engine dyno and the power will always be almost the same from each one..so power wise its equal; the weight is the problem.

Nothing wrong about the new Mustang, its obviously better than the day man walked on the moon..Theres a post about it everyday.
It has 1.2 more liters of engine captain obvious, it should be way more than on par don't you think?
Old 07-19-2010, 08:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Check how many 3rd gens were sold. Read again. My post was referring at a probable occurrence in the next 3 to 4 years. They have sold well, for now, but that situation is changing, rapidly too.
I was refering to a month on month basis, not the total numbers sold of a old chassis to a new one which is still selling. I still dont see how it is changing rapidly. You have the new mustang gt, the 370z, the genesis coupe, the rally twins, etc all selling cars in that price bracket all targeting people who like performance. yet the camaro and the mustang are both selling well. i think thats a tribute to gm and ford finally building cars which can stand up to good competition in that class then anything.

if the mustang being a tick quicker then a camaro in 2010 is the camaro loosing sales then you dont understand why really drives the sales of both of these cars.
Old 07-19-2010, 09:15 AM
Teching In

It has 1.2 more liters of engine captain obvious, it should be way more than on par don't you think?
im not following you around so dont think that haha. car companys are held to a great burden of federal standards. emissions, fuel economy etc. also they appeal to a broader crowd of buyers than just the guy wanting the most performance out of their vehicle. n/a the ls3 will always be more powerful for the reason you stated already more cubes. it is more than on par..just not straight from the factory. cam/bolt on ls3's are just a hair under 500 whp. i dont see the 5.0 gaining that much from internal work. we will see i guess when there are cams for the 5.0.
Old 07-19-2010, 11:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

that is awesome.
not the same Strictly Performance that was/is a sponsor/scammer/convicted-chop-shop on here though.
Old 07-19-2010, 12:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Who gives a **** about hp/liter? If it gets the same mpg/hp, whats the point of it?
Yes the new mustang has better mpg, but its 300lbs lighter..Pin a 300lbs+ trailer to the back of the stang and tell me it has the same mpg..

..its so nice to have less cube; when its pushing great numbers you can brag about how good it is for the cube, but when its down on power, you can always tell ''c'mon its got less cube''...silly you

Quick Reply: It finally happened, new 5.0 killed me