Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2 near stock '02 WS6's verse 2 '11 5.0 GT's.

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 09:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
First thing First: NEVER go deferrment. I got a couple lawyers that can get you out of just about anything, for cheap- but if you got a deferrement already, it complicates things.

Second thing: you were supposed to PM me. I'm at work right now, working graveyards, so call me. PM sent with phone number

Like I mentioned before, my car is going under the knife for heads/cam/ported intake this week, so we need to do this tomorrow night. I should be able to get a couple LS1 Fbodies to show up, too. Be on your game!

You will get a chance to do runs from your favorite speed, and vice versa with us. I'll send out the texts first thing in the morning to see who can make it on short notice.
Tell me about it... I had some I*(&*4 wad up in Issaquah take the case... Ed Ritter... their office did a terrible job... he didn't even deal with the case, but gave it to some girl to do.... I have never received evidence that they even went to court on it.

Our exchange student just came in today so I can't make any runs tonight, I was thinking more about weekends or something. Sounds like I won't be able to make your window here, sorry.

After reading this thread, and lot's of others at Mustang's and Challenger's sites, damn.... I've gotta say guys.. you all take the makes of your cars seriously... dang. I just want a car that has good numbers and don't care one bit who makes the dang thing.

Good luck to all in the back and forth here... I doubt there will be a "winner".

Cheers.
Old 08-03-2010, 09:43 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by brycerichert
Tell me about it... I had some I*(&*4 wad up in Issaquah take the case... Ed Ritter... their office did a terrible job... he didn't even deal with the case, but gave it to some girl to do.... I have never received evidence that they even went to court on it.

Our exchange student just came in today so I can't make any runs tonight, I was thinking more about weekends or something. Sounds like I won't be able to make your window here, sorry.

After reading this thread, and lot's of others at Mustang's and Challenger's sites, damn.... I've gotta say guys.. you all take the makes of your cars seriously... dang. I just want a car that has good numbers and don't care one bit who makes the dang thing.

Good luck to all in the back and forth here... I doubt there will be a "winner".

Cheers.
LOL there's never a winner. Usually these threads end up getting locked, because people end up taking it way too seriously.
Old 08-03-2010, 09:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This one is easy....

Ls1 Fbody.
Winner is me, it always is.

Welcome to ls1tech!
Old 08-03-2010, 10:14 PM
Launching!

Gm sucks ask obama! j/k
Old 08-03-2010, 10:26 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by lemons12
Last I checked GM sold more 2010 SS last year than Ford sold 2003-4 Cobras. .
Of course they did, if ford stopped making the mustang and realeased another one 8 years later people would buy the **** out of them that first year back. Since the 03-04 cobra wasn't going to be sought after as a collectors item for being the year they "brought them back" it obviously didn't sell as well as the 2010 Camaro's. And before anyone says it, yes ford did stop making the cobra for a year in 02, but still,nothing like an 8 year waiting period on the 2010 Camaro.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

A stock 5.0 is faster than even a stock 02 LS1 M6 with good driving. Get over it.
The ones bother by this are the ones that can't afford mods beyond lid,bellows(thats a mod WTF) and exhaust. Can't afford more mods? Get a second job. Or stop drinking and taking pills.
I am modding the **** out of mine so a 5.0 owner will need therapy when he cracks pipes or tries to school me. I get whored I got a Supra,Vette,and a Stang that hopefully can kill and avenge my Z
5.0 owners in DC metro-come and get some
Old 08-03-2010, 10:32 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 9cobra4
Of course they did, if ford stopped making the mustang and realeased another one 8 years later people would buy the **** out of them that first year back. Since the 03-04 cobra wasn't going to be sought after as a collectors item for being the year they "brought them back" it obviously didn't sell as well as the 2010 Camaro's. And before anyone says it, yes ford did stop making the cobra for a year in 02, but still,nothing like an 8 year waiting period on the 2010 Camaro.
Actually Ford did make a Cobra in 02.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:40 PM

Sorry for a dumbass question... but this obviously isn't a stang site... what is it? A Charger or Challenger site? I can't tell by the picture up top which one that is.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:46 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Mach Boy
Actually Ford did make a Cobra in 02.
Touche...Well I've never been overseas, and don't plan to, so to me there is a gap between cobra's between 01-03. Lol
Old 08-04-2010, 01:07 AM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by necrocannibal
I like having you and stopsign here, please dont ever leave. If there is no rivalry there is nothing. The passion of it all is what makes it fun!!
That hurts
Old 08-04-2010, 01:13 AM
Staging Lane

Cheers.
Damn right we take our makes seriously, nothing wrong with some pride, but that doesn't mean because someone likes a different make that they are an idiot or have poor judgment. I like many of the F-body drivers on here, however personally I'd only drive a TA and couldn't be paid to drive a Camaro, and I am sure some Camaro owners feel the same about a Mustang. It all boils down to personal preference.
Old 08-04-2010, 01:14 AM
Staging Lane

Sorry for a dumbass question... but this obviously isn't a stang site... what is it? A Charger or Challenger site? I can't tell by the picture up top which one that is.
Mainly Firebird/Camaro, but realistically any LS engine GM has produced can be discussed and learned about here.
Old 08-04-2010, 02:39 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Black Snake Blown
From what I've seen 5.0 Mustang = or > SVT Cobra > ls1 camaro = or > mach 1> GTO > ls3 camaro > 3v > 2v
Let me refresh your memory:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odJQAq7l-hI

Cheers.
I'm holding off taking my car in until wednesday/thursday at this point: my boss didnt sign my time until tuesday and I got to make sure I get a full paycheck before I can drop my car off. !*?!@!

I think that the OP of a post that gets taken over with needless banter should be able to kick guys out, and delete non-relavent threads... this is rediculous.
Old 08-04-2010, 02:39 AM
***Repost Police***

It's a car enthusiast site.
Old 08-04-2010, 05:30 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
Let me refresh your memory:
I think he was referring to the majority of the time.
Old 08-04-2010, 05:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Wow!!!! I go off on a drinking binge for one week and miss the most anticipated thread of the year. Well **** ME IN THE GOAT *** Oh well jus glad this thread actually came through. Mad props to Sticks, Niterider, and Manny for making it happen, thx guys im sure i can speak for all of tech by saying were much appreciated

Originally Posted by Black Snake Blown
You are literally the worst poster on this board. Do you know the difference between present and past tenses? I'm really not trying to stereotype , but you certainly aren't helping. I fear you are under the false impression that randomly insulting others will somehow convince people that you have a legitimate argument. Maybe you should sit back from the computer for a minute and just calm down. I have an appreciation for all quick cars, but it is people like you that have steered me away from owning an f-body. What people like you don't understand is that flat out denying the existence of better and faster cars just makes people look down on Camaro owners as a whole and in turn you're hurting the brand you seem to care for so very much.
Im by no means a on Lemons but that sir i would have to say is not only far from true but prob the total opposite. From the posts i've read by lemons its easy to see he knows his **** and posts valid stuff, and for the insults well cant say much there this is tech and if your off the leastest bit or say something stupid you best believe your going to get called out immediately. Lies cant hide on the internet.

I can't tell by the picture up top which one that is.
Find it hard to believe that you cant even distinguish the car up top? Its the pig heavy 2010 Camaro SS

Quote:
Qriginally Posted by Sticks n Stones>
Let me refresh your memory
Ke^in: I think he was referring to the majority of the time.

^ or maybe bone stock possibly.

Last edited by Snake_Skinner; 08-04-2010 at 07:22 AM.
Old 08-04-2010, 07:31 AM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by snake95
That hurts
Sorry should have just said The Ford Crew, I cant remember all of the names. You and F8TL BYT or however its spelled and whoever else I missed.
Old 08-04-2010, 07:55 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by necrocannibal
Sorry should have just said The Ford Crew, I cant remember all of the names. You and F8TL BYT or however its spelled and whoever else I missed.
I know, I was just giving you ****. You're a nice guy for trying to make me feel welcome
Old 08-04-2010, 12:49 PM
Teching In

awe its getting cute in here now haha
Old 08-04-2010, 06:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Snake_Skinner
Im by no means a on Lemons but that sir i would have to say is not only far from true but prob the total opposite. From the posts i've read by lemons its easy to see he knows his **** and posts valid stuff, and for the insults well cant say much there this is tech and if your off the leastest bit or say something stupid you best believe your going to get called out immediately. Lies cant hide on the internet.

Originally Posted by F8L BYT
awe its getting cute in here now haha
I just busted out laughing... The sig... Epic.