Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Just ran a ported blower 03 cobra!!! Does it count?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 10:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Just ran a ported blower 03 cobra!!! Does it count?

Long story and I didnt edit it so sorry about the typing..

I just had wash my car because I was thinking about going to this meet tonite. When my stupid engine light is still on because of bad knock sensor. Anyways As I was pulling out This 03 cobra is on the far lane and revs at me. I tried to give it a little gas but started spinning because my tires were still wet. So I got behind him as we were taking a left turn going under the bridge to get on the hwy. light turn green and he nailed it and left me sitting there. So I was like damn it has *****. Well I got right behind him again as we both went up the hwy and went to the far left lane getting ready to run this termi. I slowed down to take him to 30 (no traffic) He lowered the window and yelled "No 50 roll" and speed up a bit. I was like hell my speedo is off(410 gears) so I speed up with him.

1 race he yells "ill honk"! I just waited not saying anything I could barley hear the honk of the horn right when I timed the 3rd honk and nailed it his frontend jumped up and i heard the bad *** blower whine. We was neck to neck still in 3rd gear he shift into 4th I pulled up a fender on him and we stayed like that the whole way till 150 on my speedo so im sure it was like 145 or 140. So he let off then I let off. I was very impress with this termi me thinking it was just a bolt on termi. So he yells lets go second gear roll I was like I guess I wanted to try a high 1st. So we line up again this time I said ill honk he agrees so right between the second honk before I can even honk 3 times he nails it than I nail it he spins to much and drops him back a car I hit 3rd and I can see the cobra wanting to come up but it can I hold him off by a car the entire time to 130 on my speedo this time. I exit off hes right behind me when I pull up to the gas pump and I get out to put gas. He gets out and man (Im sorry if your a member on here..lol) Hes like 450lbs at least also 6'4-6'5. Real big dude. I ask him what he has and he said well what do you have. So I showed him and told him everything my car has and then he kept saying "wheres the spray"? I told him I didnt have no spray then he finaly says I got full bolt ons and a smaller pulley on the blower. So I say whats it dyno at he said a bit over 500rwhp I was like is the blower ported he said a stage 2 port. He ask me what were my numbers and I told him The truth I have no idea myself. So he was like well Ill see you on the road and cut it short. I think he thought I was lieing about my mods.

My question does that count? I know if it was a 190 pound driver like myself would it had made a big difference?
Old 08-12-2010, 11:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I know I cant beat a ported blower cobra I seen them trap over 120 in the 1/4. I think he was a bit on the heavy side and it was also a vert. I also think he short shifted 3rd to 4th because it seems like I had longer gears than him and I have 410s. Im not sure if he was telling me the truth in his mods,Then again why would he make his car seem faster then what it is after we race?
Old 08-12-2010, 11:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Damn, good kill man! And yes it counts. Its not like he had 3 passengers in his car during the race. Its not your fault that he's 400lbs or so.
Old 08-12-2010, 11:07 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would say it counts. His car is never going to be faster with him driving it, unless he mods. BTW, nice kill, Termi's are no joke. Was it a convertible or coupe? I bet he wasn't honest about his mods (doubt he was not as modded as he said he was). Even with his weight, a 500whp Cobra should run better than that.

Edit: read your second post. The vert could make a difference too. I believe they are quite a bit heavier. I bet that car with that driver was like 4200lbs lol.
Old 08-12-2010, 11:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah he look like big pun when he got out. lol I know his blower was very loud.
Old 08-12-2010, 11:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

You beat him....it counts. Not much you can argue there.
Old 08-12-2010, 11:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
You beat him....it counts. Not much you can argue there.
lol yeah but thinking about it now i should have ask him more questions about his car but he was so short and he looked kinda mad. lol So i wasnt about to pist off the 400 pound beast lol
Old 08-12-2010, 11:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

400 lbs is like having a passenger. my car with me in it prolly weighs 4100 and i guarantee id have given you a better run with less power then him. Lots of variables but a wins a win. Not your fault he cant drive or weighs so much. 200lbs isnt gonna make 120mph car go 115.
Old 08-12-2010, 11:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Theblacknightls1
lol yeah but thinking about it now i should have ask him more questions about his car but he was so short and he looked kinda mad. lol So i wasnt about to pist off the 400 pound beast lol
He probably thought you were lying about your mods. I don't know how many times I've seen the car that works outrun the car with more power.
Old 08-12-2010, 11:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

My engine lights on because of my knock sensor (p0327). So my car isnt also running like a champ right now also but its running good to hold its own.
Old 08-12-2010, 11:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah he spun the tires a bit that allowed me to get the jump. It looked like his car was going to come up on me put it stayed back.
Old 08-13-2010, 07:07 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

...he said a stage 2 port.
Never heard of a stage 2 ported Eaton.

Nice run!
Old 08-13-2010, 07:36 AM
Trunion King

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My engine lights on because of my knock sensor (p0327). So my car isnt also running like a champ right now also but its running good to hold its own.
With that code throwing your computer is pulling 4 degrees off the timing during WOTs. Get it fix man.
Old 08-13-2010, 09:51 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Shaun was he a Triple SSS member? I raced one of their GTs last night.
Old 08-13-2010, 11:20 AM
TECH Apprentice

You really think he was 450 lbs? I dunno man, that would be a tight fit in his car
Old 08-13-2010, 12:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I dont know but he was easliy over 400lbs. I think it might have been just a pullied termi because I ran a ported blower cobra before a while back and It kept getting me (by 2 cars). I dont think it was guy from tripple s I seen that 03 and his was just pullied with a smaller driver lol He was thier when I race the sonic blue 03 cobra (leader of tripple s). lol I had a bad night that night. lol
Old 08-13-2010, 12:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chon79
Hey Shaun was he a Triple SSS member? I raced one of their GTs last night.
Got off earliy so we can knock out the stupid knoc sensor if your still down. What gt was it?
Old 08-14-2010, 07:20 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by unit213
Never heard of a stage 2 ported Eaton.

Nice run!
Me neither??? Nice kill.
Old 08-14-2010, 09:40 PM
On The Tree

good kill man
Old 08-14-2010, 10:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by corysmach1
Me neither??? Nice kill.
What was the dude talking about a stage 2 port because that what he said unless he port it himself or he was talking out his ***. I wouldnt be suprise if it was just a bolt on cobra

Quick Reply: Just ran a ported blower 03 cobra!!! Does it count?