Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Intimidation killed a LS-F in the GTO. Then anniliated a big turbo Sti on the bike

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2010, 03:08 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Intimidation killed a LS-F in the GTO. Then anniliated a big turbo Sti on the bike

First thing first: My car is now fully up and running with the cam/heads/baseline tune and awaiting the dyno tune. Sounds absolutely mean as hell with the spin tech exhaust!!!!!

Correction: IS-F not LS-F

A IS-F hung a U turn on the way to work tonite in order to chase me down. He hauled *** to catch up and even cut a car off in the other lane in order to get next to me as I slowed for a red light.

All grins between the both of us as we came to a stop. Until he heard the cam loping hard in my car and HIS grin started to quickly fade. Opposing light turned yellow and I got up on stall for the launch and his grin was completely gone and replaced with a "oh **** what am I getting myself into" look as he shook his head "no". Needless to say he didn't go on the green and meekly hung back as I taunted him on.

He followed me for a block, one car back probably just listening the sweet tunes coming out of my pipes before he hung another U turn and headed back the way he was initially going. Damn! Scared another kill away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isTDbG93YjU

Bike (ZX14 in sig) versus big turbo Sti:

Haven't ridden my bike much at all this summer... about once a week actually. But oddly enough the last 4 times I've ridden it I've gotten into races. First a C6 Z06, then a 90's era GSXR 750, then a loud as hell SRT8 Challenger (I LOL'd in my helmet on that one), then yesterdays race:

Rolling thru the valley on my way to work and came up on a debadged, lowered, blacked out Sti. I ignored him until he did a ricer flyby and even my loud exhaust was drowned out by his "sheep blat'ing" loud as hell exhaust. He shifted right infront of me and I heard a huge, high pressure blow off: Did he seriously want to go against a ZX-14?!?! I caught up to see.

Sure enough, as soon as I got to his rear fender he launched again. I merely watched to judge it and it seemed to move out REALLY well for a car. So I followed. We hit an open, uphill long straight with no cars infront of us with him behind me. I changed lanes and dropped to 2nd, slowing to 50mph (1st gear territory but with a built ZX14 there was no need).

Of course he went WOT from 1 car back and sling shotted me. I let him get a car ahead then rolled onto the throttle. Immediately stopped his pull, but surprisingly enough I had to wait for the revs to climb to 7-8k (12k redline) before the gap started noticeably closing. Once I got fully into my powerband though it was lights out: passed him around 120mph like he was standing still and put another 20 or so cars on him by 150mph where I let up.

Slowed down to 50mph (60mph zone) and waited for him to get besides me so I could ask him what he had done but he stayed back a good 2-3 cars and refused to get beside me again.

Guess his assumption that a 6'6" 330+lb guy on a sport bike would be easy pickings was a bit off kilter.

Last edited by Sticks n Stones; 08-18-2010 at 03:30 AM.
Old 08-14-2010, 03:35 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice man
Old 08-14-2010, 10:52 AM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

That suck he didnt tried! LS-F means fbody right? He was probably stockish or boltons and didnt want to lose to a GTO haha. Sounds like you have a great L92 setup.
Old 08-14-2010, 10:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Johnnystock
That suck he didnt tried! LS-F means fbody right? He was probably stockish or boltons and didnt want to lose to a GTO haha. Sounds like you have a great L92 setup.
I think he's talking about the Lexus. It's the M3 of Lexus'.

Nice kill and, umm, scare... lol. I'm surprised the Lexus wouldn't even try after putting all that work into getting next to you. oh well.
Old 08-14-2010, 12:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

IS-F guys!! Nice kill then! I'm surprised too he didnt try though, those cars are pretty quick..
Old 08-14-2010, 08:00 PM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Ive scared away a few myself, it kind of sucks.

Johnny after he heard the lope he knew he would get destroyed and didnt want to be embarassed.
Old 08-15-2010, 01:08 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by CHRRRIS
I think he's talking about the Lexus. It's the M3 of Lexus'.

bingo, thats it. didnt realize I misspelled it.
Originally Posted by necrocannibal
Ive scared away a few myself, it kind of sucks.
Johnny after he heard the lope he knew he would get destroyed and didnt want to be embarassed.
His grin might have faded when he heard the cam but he was still nodding his head and tensed up ready to launch until he heard my car come up on stall. ALOT of stall. Guy had to have known what that meant and decided that his one chance (a hole shot off the line) just evaporated.

I would have completely demolished him regardless of nearly any mods his car might have had short of a 150 shot or a good amount of boost. But if I was him I would have at least tried! Wouldnt you guys? Especially after chasing me down. Guess I should have just launched from idle like all the big stall street racers keep telling me to do. Never had to worry about scaring people away before!

My car launches so damned hard now that I need to change it's name to something like "Raped Ape". I was worried before the cam install and L92 conversion that the power would overwhelm the tires, but it turns out these Star Spec's are more than up to the task----- as long as they are at least moderately warmed up.

Last edited by Sticks n Stones; 08-15-2010 at 06:24 PM.
Old 08-15-2010, 01:55 AM
Launching!

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

Those 8 speed auto's make them quick as ****. There's one local with exhaust and a 100 shot and it's pretty rowdy.
Old 08-15-2010, 03:03 AM
Staging Lane

They dont do so well from a high roll though: I raced one back when I was full exhaust/tune only and took him from 70-110'ish where he let up with a solid carlength between our bumpers and him fading further. To his credit it was faster than I thought it would be though. Woulda beat my car if it was stock.
Old 08-15-2010, 06:54 AM
Launching!

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

Yea they trap about 115 stock.
Old 08-15-2010, 09:38 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice kill, man. Too bad the LS-F wouldn't run.
Old 08-15-2010, 10:51 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

IS-F is an awesome sounding and tuning cars. A8!!

OP put a clip up of this goat. I can only imagine the look on this guy's face after hearin that cam!!! Lol
Old 08-15-2010, 11:04 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
They dont do so well from a high roll though: I raced one back when I was full exhaust/tune only and took him from 70-110'ish where he let up with a solid carlength between our bumpers and him fading further. To his credit it was faster than I thought it would be though. Woulda beat my car if it was stock.
Very high rolls are their strongest point.

Originally Posted by bad_408_vert
Not sure what you mean by awesome tuning cars, but those things are an absolute nightmare to tune. Most companies have given up, cut their losses and moved on.

It's conventional and direct injected, and the ECU is basically uncrackable. A few people have tried to develop FI kits using the stock ECU, and IIRC, everyone has failed miserably.

Also, i would not want an A8 which is known for up-shifting and downshifting endlessly around town. PITA
Old 08-15-2010, 01:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

^ I meant to say sounding and didn't notice it got changed to tuning.
iphone's autocorrect is a PITA sometimes.

I drove an a6 gto around my town and it wasn't bad, I don't know if I 'd find A8 to be annoying.
Old 08-18-2010, 03:31 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by bad_408_vert

OP put a clip up of this goat. I can only imagine the look on this guy's face after hearin that cam!!! Lol
Ask and you shall recieve: I added this to the first post also:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isTDbG93YjU