Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

My weekend of racing fail...

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 11:38 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default My weekend of racing fail...

Well ilet me start off by saying this was the most frustrating few days of "racing" I've had. I work a lot over holidays, which means a lot of driving and its in an area of a lot of wealthy people.

Friday morning I am out on the highway about 630am and traffic is light for Labor Day weekend. I just hop in the fast lane and keep up with the cars in front of me. I eventually see a blue Audi coming up quick from behind me and goes around me in the lane right of me, not blazing by though, just faster than me. I must have passed it while in traffic since it blends in so well...a newer Audi S6 and it has V10 badges on the side. I know nothing about these so I wanted a run. He slows down, so I downshift and he's got a big grin on his face so I know he's game. I hold up 3 fingers and he nods, I honk once and then, total **** block, a semi jumps from the slow lane into his and stays there. The guy ends up just fading back into traffic, so there's 1 missed race.

Same day on the way home, I see (and hear) a previous gen M5 up a car ahead in the next lane. We end up catching a light a mile or so down the road. I say nice car and ask him if he wants to stretch the cars legs a bit, he said sure as long as the traffic clears. I told him just sit extra long at the light and wait for some space, but the light turns green and he pulled off. He goes slow waiting for some room and we get a good amount of room on a perfect straight. I pull up dead next to him and hold up 3 fingers but he just takes off while I'm in 5th so I don't bother giving chase since he stayed in it for a few gears and caught back up to the traffic. Missed race #2.

I am still on my way home (40 minute drive) and see OMG.... a Murcielago up ahead in my lane about an 1/8th mile ahead, but of course since we are on an open highway. There has to be a cop in front of the Lambo. Missed race #3.

The next day my luck is no better, I run acorss a Jaguar XFR pull up next to him and his buddy ignore me (I was in like 2nd at 50mph so I was being loudd). After they don't even look at me for a while I just throw it in 5th and cruise on my way. A little down the road, they do what had to be 100+ mph flyby and the passenger flips me off. WTF? By the time I drop it and hit the gas, he flys over a few lanes and gets off still wayyy. Far in front of me. Not 30 seconds later an STi comes off the ramp on the opposite side the jag got off at. He comes up next to me a little down the road, almost to my exit and I wait til we crest a hill just in case a cop is over it...and of course there is. So I just hope off at my exit and go home.

What a terrible weekend. Usually I have good luck getting races, but this weekend I was 0 for 5. I don't know how I would have fared against some of those cars, probably get slaughtered but it would have been fun, esp just to hear that Lambo. I know there was no kills or even races in this but I needed to vent.
Old 09-08-2010, 03:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Haha I feel for you man. Especially against the m5. I hate getting jumped while I'm in the wrong gear.
Old 09-08-2010, 05:26 PM
11 Second Club

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

i hate those dry spells........

especially when i get ignored
Old 09-08-2010, 05:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

I feel ya..just gotta remember "you win some,you lose some" be ready next time!
Old 09-08-2010, 05:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by WSsick
Well ilet me start off by saying this was the most frustrating few days of "racing" I've had. I work a lot over holidays, which means a lot of driving and its in an area of a lot of wealthy people.

Friday morning I am out on the highway about 630am and traffic is light for Labor Day weekend. I just hop in the fast lane and keep up with the cars in front of me. I eventually see a blue Audi coming up quick from behind me and goes around me in the lane right of me, not blazing by though, just faster than me. I must have passed it while in traffic since it blends in so well...a newer Audi S6 and it has V10 badges on the side. I know nothing about these so I wanted a run. He slows down, so I downshift and he's got a big grin on his face so I know he's game. I hold up 3 fingers and he nods, I honk once and then, total **** block, a semi jumps from the slow lane into his and stays there. The guy ends up just fading back into traffic, so there's 1 missed race.

Same day on the way home, I see (and hear) a previous gen M5 up a car ahead in the next lane. We end up catching a light a mile or so down the road. I say nice car and ask him if he wants to stretch the cars legs a bit, he said sure as long as the traffic clears. I told him just sit extra long at the light and wait for some space, but the light turns green and he pulled off. He goes slow waiting for some room and we get a good amount of room on a perfect straight. I pull up dead next to him and hold up 3 fingers but he just takes off while I'm in 5th so I don't bother giving chase since he stayed in it for a few gears and caught back up to the traffic. Missed race #2.

I am still on my way home (40 minute drive) and see OMG.... a Murcielago up ahead in my lane about an 1/8th mile ahead, but of course since we are on an open highway. There has to be a cop in front of the Lambo. Missed race #3.

The next day my luck is no better, I run acorss a Jaguar XFR pull up next to him and his buddy ignore me (I was in like 2nd at 50mph so I was being loudd). After they don't even look at me for a while I just throw it in 5th and cruise on my way. A little down the road, they do what had to be 100+ mph flyby and the passenger flips me off. WTF? By the time I drop it and hit the gas, he flys over a few lanes and gets off still wayyy. Far in front of me. Not 30 seconds later an STi comes off the ramp on the opposite side the jag got off at. He comes up next to me a little down the road, almost to my exit and I wait til we crest a hill just in case a cop is over it...and of course there is. So I just hope off at my exit and go home.

What a terrible weekend. Usually I have good luck getting races, but this weekend I was 0 for 5. I don't know how I would have fared against some of those cars, probably get slaughtered but it would have been fun, esp just to hear that Lambo. I know there was no kills or even races in this but I needed to vent.

my sister has notheads pulling up next to her in her XF all the time, and she just laughs. she doesnt care if her car is faster or slower than any other car.....

SHE is the one in the 2010 Jaguar XF premium....funny.
Old 09-08-2010, 06:33 PM
12 Second Club

Going out hunting tonight since I can't take this drought
Old 09-08-2010, 07:00 PM
On The Tree

At least your being careful out there with traffic/cops/etc.

I think if you threw some revs at the jag you would've got some action instead of cruising at 4k rpm right beside em Gotta remember not everyone is up on "street racing" game lol
Old 09-08-2010, 07:03 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Gohard
At least your being careful out there with traffic/cops/etc.

I think if you threw some revs at the jag you would've got some action instead of cruising at 4k rpm right beside em Gotta remember not everyone is up on "street racing" game lol
Well I was just hitting the gas, goosing it a bit, not just sitting next to him. I think he knew what I meant. But yeah I dont like racing in traffic or in obvious cop hideouts, around turns or neighborhoods. I like open highways or deserted streets.
Old 09-08-2010, 07:07 PM
On The Tree

Well I was just hitting the gas, goosing it a bit, not just sitting next to him. I think he knew what I meant. But yeah I dont like racing in traffic or in obvious cop hideouts, around turns or neighborhoods. I like open highways or deserted streets.
I'm sorry man I just keep picturing them blowing by you flipping the birdy rofl
Old 09-08-2010, 07:08 PM
10 Second Club

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

Guess you have to run into me sometime. but that sucks I never get runs at all. and if i do its a stock 5.0 mustang or 4.6 that have exhaust. But did whoop up on a procharged 4.6 mustang about a month ago. That was nice
Old 09-08-2010, 07:25 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Zmg00camaross
Guess you have to run into me sometime. but that sucks I never get runs at all. and if i do its a stock 5.0 mustang or 4.6 that have exhaust. But did whoop up on a procharged 4.6 mustang about a month ago. That was nice
Well I am going out tonight if youd like to wander over to my area Might have a turbo sn95 stang to race, but i think he runs low 12s, so not in my league but might get someone else to race him for a closer run. Me and Brendon (Brad's girlfriend's brother) are trying to get some people together to come out there this weekend and race on that bridge. I will definitely let you know if and when we do.
Old 09-08-2010, 07:53 PM
10 Second Club

Well I am going out tonight if youd like to wander over to my area Might have a turbo sn95 stang to race, but i think he runs low 12s, so not in my league but might get someone else to race him for a closer run. Me and Brendon (Brad's girlfriend's brother) are trying to get some people together to come out there this weekend and race on that bridge. I will definitely let you know if and when we do.
I work nights and am at work, so wandering around tonight . If all goes well i should be working on my car this weekend. But let me know and i go to the bridge with or without my car. Maybe bring some ppl.
Old 09-08-2010, 08:14 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Zmg00camaross
I work nights and am at work, so wandering around tonight . If all goes well i should be working on my car this weekend. But let me know and i go to the bridge with or without my car. Maybe bring some ppl.
I got mine all broke in and no you cant take it out this weekend ZMG!!!!! It rips like a ****. I had to blow the dust off of it this weekend it was dustier than a street hookers bible.
Old 09-08-2010, 09:51 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by penningta
I got mine all broke in and no you cant take it out this weekend ZMG!!!!! It rips like a ****. I had to blow the dust off of it this weekend it was dustier than a street hookers bible.
Bring it to the bridge Dont pansy out fool. See what a little gear does. Should have went with 4.56 like I
Old 09-08-2010, 11:41 PM
Launching!

penningta, LOVE the sig pic. i was crackin up when i saw that, cuz one of my buddys has a 95 camaro and brags about how his car sounds more like a muscle car blah blah blah.
Old 09-08-2010, 11:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

agreed nice sig
Old 09-09-2010, 02:03 AM
TECH Junkie

Shitty luck OP. I would be careful around the 5-0 though, it seems like you are jonesin' for a bunch of races, just don't get caught.
Old 09-09-2010, 10:19 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Nacho SS
Shitty luck OP. I would be careful around the 5-0 though, it seems like you are jonesin' for a bunch of races, just don't get caught.
Like I said, I dont go trying to race anything and everything anywhere. Just in places where we arent putting lots of people in danger. If Im in the car though, I am always willing to race.
Old 09-09-2010, 12:57 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hit me up sometime, I wouldn't mind racing even tho you'll probably win, so you gotta at least give me a run from a dig haha.

As it sits my car made 320 on a dynojet, cutout closed, and had some minor knock retard from the y-pipe banging which I fixed, I have some suspension parts, and a yank ss3600 stall on order, and some DR's.

Did you upgrade to a ls6 intake or still on the ls1 intake?

And I'm trying to remember if i seen your car around, im always out driving.

Last edited by mischief; 09-09-2010 at 01:05 PM.
Old 09-09-2010, 01:12 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by mischief
Hit me up sometime, I wouldn't mind racing even tho you'll probably win, so you gotta at least give me a run from a dig haha.

As it sits my car made 320 on a dynojet, cutout closed, and had some minor knock retard from the y-pipe banging which I fixed, I have some suspension parts, and a yank ss3600 stall on order, and some DR's.

Did you upgrade to a ls6 intake or still on the ls1 intake?

And I'm trying to remember if i seen your car around, im always out driving.
I dont see too many pewter ws6s around here. Im on the ls1 intake, but im actually trying to find my creditcard to pay someone here for his LS6, so hopefully i have time to put it in soon. i PM'd you back btw