Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Witnessed: GTO vs 11 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 08:35 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by necrocannibal
Didnt claim to but it would have drug your *** down the road. Now my GTO would make you look like a 4 cylinder.
then get in that bitch and come down and do it nd stop talking about it already ****.......
Old 09-20-2010, 08:38 PM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by BubbaRATM
then get in that bitch and come down and do it nd stop talking about it already ****.......
Im not wasting ******* gas for a 7 hour road trip to demolish a WAY overmatched 3 valve with an owner talking out of his ***. Its not worth it. If you are ever up this way and want your **** pushed in let me know. I will let you have 3 cars and the hit AND you can spray and you will still lose.
Old 09-20-2010, 08:41 PM
Teching In

Im not wasting ******* gas for a 7 hour road trip to demolish a WAY overmatched 3 valve with an owner talking out of his ***. Its not worth it. If you are ever up this way and want your **** pushed in let me know. I will let you have 3 cars and the hit AND you can spray and you will still lose.
keep talking your **** i already invited you to come prove it. Now is a good time for you to start making excuses why you cant ......
Old 09-20-2010, 08:44 PM
10 Second Club

keep talking your **** i already invited you to come prove it. Now is a good time for you to start making excuses why you cant ......
Ok listen. My car has a 402 stroker in it. It made 550 hp. Im not wasting my gas to embarrass you you arent worth it.
Old 09-20-2010, 08:50 PM
Teching In

Ok listen. My car has a 402 stroker in it. It made 550 hp. Im not wasting my gas to embarrass you you arent worth it.
makes threats and tell me all this **** and then excuses
Old 09-20-2010, 08:54 PM
***Repost Police***

You're challenging his deep 11s car with your low 13s (low-mid 12s on the bottle) car... that is what is called a waste of gas.
Old 09-20-2010, 08:56 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
You're challenging his deep 11s car with your low 13s (low-mid 12s on the bottle) car... that is what is called a waste of gas.
Thank you. Its not like hes an hour away. Otherwise Id humble his ***.
Old 09-20-2010, 09:19 PM
Teching In

i didn't challenge **** he said he would come do this and that and i said come do it .....simple dont talk the **** unless your going to get in that ****** and come do it.
Old 09-20-2010, 09:21 PM
TECH Resident

Thank you. Its not like hes an hour away. Otherwise Id humble his ***.
Yea right dude, more like your 4 ton tank would get shown whats what by a REAL sports car. I mean that one magazine had a full bolt on goat and it was in the 12s! No way can you be that much faster. Better yet go off a roll, that way you will see what a 105mph trapping car can really do!

Old 09-20-2010, 09:28 PM
10 Second Club

i didn't challenge **** he said he would come do this and that and i said come do it .....simple dont talk the **** unless your going to get in that ****** and come do it.
Backstep much? You'd get raped stop talking out your ***. I never said I was coming you invited before you knew how big the shark was. If you werent so far from me, 402s get bad gas mileage, Id wager you and give you great odds.
Old 09-20-2010, 09:56 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Attached Thumbnails Witnessed: GTO vs 11 5.0-bubbagumplol.jpg  
Old 09-21-2010, 07:14 AM
TECH Regular

^
Old 09-21-2010, 07:52 AM
10 Second Club

^^^

Old 09-23-2010, 03:04 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 06 6.0 GTO
Fan boy? Please the GTO was the only american car to appeal to me at all, and i know what they can do. Just gets a bit tiring hearing how heavy and slow they are, oh yea compared to what? they are NOT sports cars, comparing them to F bodies is not even fair, the gto has a nice interior, rear seats that can be used by adults and is much much more refined, i mean sure its 300lbs heavier but the LS2 and shorter gear ratios more then make up for that.

Plus it has been shown multiple times that they are great runners even for weighing in at 3 tons, look at juice1 for example, or hell look at my stock times and races, or anyones that knows how to drive.

My sarcasm came from the fact that you seem to think its ok that the mopars are heavier yet then the GTO "they have a badass motor to make up for it" but the 300lb lighter gto has 20 less hp and its a fat big and doesnt have a badass motor to make up for it.

And please look back at my posts if you must, i am far from a fanboy, i just like sticking to the facts But your immediate name calling and insults shows how far more intelligent you must be then me.
Agreed. This Mopar/Pony crap isn't flyin' around here because the rant is not true. So an SRT-8 runs a low 13 at best, just like an 04' GTO with stickies and a tune. An LS2 GTO with decent tires and driver will do 13 flats as well, and even into the 12's. I can see that everyone is in the same ball field.

Now...let's also remember that we're talking about 4,5 and 6 year old GTO's still challenging '09, '10, and '11 year model Stangs and Mopars..why does our competition always forget that? GTO's are not the pinnacle of GM --> because they don't make them anymore! If they did, rest assured the LS3, or maybe even the LS7, LSA or LS9 could be found in them! Geez people. Congrats on your 13's second brand new Mopar and Stang. I'm happy for you, but us GM enthusiasts have been enjoying those times since 1997. Chew on that fact for a while!

I'm so tired of the Stang and Mopar owners feeling left out and defensive about their situation. The fact is, the GTO is a 4-6 year old contender to your car, stock for stock. It runs similar times at the strip, and will most likely embarrass both the Stang and the Mopar in the twisties and road courses and whatnot. Keep in mind that GTO's aren't even designed for drag racing, yet they still compete with little to no extra cost (in mods) to the current muscle cars coming from other manufacturers. End Rant Please.
Old 09-23-2010, 03:26 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by fueledpassion
Agreed. This Mopar/Pony crap isn't flyin' around here because the rant is not true. So an SRT-8 runs a low 13 at best, just like an 04' GTO with stickies and a tune. An LS2 GTO with decent tires and driver will do 13 flats as well, and even into the 12's. I can see that everyone is in the same ball field.

Now...let's also remember that we're talking about 4,5 and 6 year old GTO's still challenging '09, '10, and '11 year model Stangs and Mopars..why does our competition always forget that? GTO's are not the pinnacle of GM --> because they don't make them anymore! If they did, rest assured the LS3, or maybe even the LS7, LSA or LS9 could be found in them! Geez people. Congrats on your 13's second brand new Mopar and Stang. I'm happy for you, but us GM enthusiasts have been enjoying those times since 1997. Chew on that fact for a while!

I'm so tired of the Stang and Mopar owners feeling left out and defensive about their situation. The fact is, the GTO is a 4-6 year old contender to your car, stock for stock. It runs similar times at the strip, and will most likely embarrass both the Stang and the Mopar in the twisties and road courses and whatnot. Keep in mind that GTO's aren't even designed for drag racing, yet they still compete with little to no extra cost (in mods) to the current muscle cars coming from other manufacturers. End Rant Please.
The new Camaro is basically a new GTO with a different badge. And it has the LS3.

Edit: And for the record, I'd be willing that bet that a new GT would decimate a GTO around a road course.
Old 09-23-2010, 06:58 PM
Staging Lane

The new Camaro is basically a new GTO with a different badge. And it has the LS3.

Edit: And for the record, I'd be willing that bet that a new GT would decimate a GTO around a road course.
oh come on man..you think a new gt would decimate a gto around a road course?hahaha independent suspension rules over straight axle on road courses..what car do you think austraila uses for road course racing?thats right holden manaro the same damn car as a gto.i would bet you a gto set up with better springs and shocks would destroy a new mustang around a road course..
Old 09-23-2010, 07:03 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by bh353
oh come on man..you think a new gt would decimate a gto around a road course?hahaha independent suspension rules over straight axle on road courses..what car do you think austraila uses for road course racing?thats right holden manaro the same damn car as a gto.i would bet you a gto set up with better springs and shocks would destroy a new mustang around a road course..
Well are you talking stock vs. stock, or do you want to put a new set of springs/shocks in both cars? Unless you've been hiding under a rock, the new 5.0 is putting up some DAMN good numbers around tracks that have *gasp* corners. There was just a test of the newest M3 vs. the 5.0 by Motor Trend, and the M3 beat the 5.0 around the Streets of Willow Springs race track by a whole .09 seconds. That's a 1.8 mile course, btw. So yeah... it would decimate a GTO.
Old 09-23-2010, 07:10 PM
Staging Lane

Well are you talking stock vs. stock, or do you want to put a new set of springs/shocks in both cars? Unless you've been hiding under a rock, the new 5.0 is putting up some DAMN good numbers around tracks that have *gasp* corners. There was just a test of the newest M3 vs. the 5.0 by Motor Trend, and the M3 beat the 5.0 around the Streets of Willow Springs race track by a whole .09 seconds. That's a 1.8 mile course, btw. So yeah... it would decimate a GTO.
haha if you think so..like i said irs > sra. think corvette, formula one, indy..you get the point.sra is for dragracing and that is it.
Old 09-23-2010, 08:01 PM
TECH Resident

Dude.....GTO would get destroyed by a 5.0 on any sort of a speed contest that involved turns.

The SRA<IRS thinking is JUST like DOHC>OHV thinking. Tow different ways that both have pluses and minuses.

And on a track a SRA has many pluses. Look at how well mustangs do in so many road racing brackets and series.

Its no comparison. GTO was never meant to be a track car of any sort.
Old 09-23-2010, 08:05 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by bh353
haha if you think so..like i said irs > sra. think corvette, formula one, indy..you get the point.sra is for dragracing and that is it.
Apparently you don't realize the benefits of IRS over SRA... the biggest advantages are when the cornering surfaces are rough or uneven. Most racetracks are nice and smooth
Originally Posted by 06 6.0 GTO
Dude.....GTO would get destroyed by a 5.0 on any sort of a speed contest that involved turns.
This.

Quick Reply: Witnessed: GTO vs 11 5.0