Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Witnessed: GTO vs 11 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2010, 03:23 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dgr00s
bone stock my m6 ls2 gto ran a 13.7 with a 2.4 60 foot (bad i know) at 109. 2400 DA.

this is my one and only run ever.
atleast your honest
Old 09-18-2010, 03:29 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Gohard
The best source is magazines?? WTF

Just look at what they said the c6 z06 et in the 1/4....11.6-11.7 @ 123.6 mph according to your pals at motortrend.

Tell me how the ***** is it when you put a GOOD driver in the same STOCK Z06 you shave half a second off that? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQdR3WV9tLk
hell maybe the people on this "list" should go drive for a living since there all so skilled.
Old 09-18-2010, 05:56 AM
TECH Resident

bone stock my m6 ls2 gto ran a 13.7 with a 2.4 60 foot (bad i know) at 109. 2400 DA.

this is my one and only run ever.
Easily 12 second material with a better 60ft.

Or at least a flat 13, thats what i trapped and i couldnt get below a 2.0 60ft, also my first and only time at the track with the car.

I dont know whats so unbelievable about a car that traps that high stock hitting low 13s or high 12s when it hooks. Hell stock subarus hit 12s and they trap 104 mph only. Even though the magazines say they are much slower then that
Old 09-18-2010, 09:25 AM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by BubbaRATM
LOL im not that far come on down, just get here before Oct 1st. Why would i back down from racing you? i ran a full bolt on t/a last night on motor and got him by around 2 cars, yep im scared......
My car would rape yours, leave it at that. And you have to be the biggest fan boy I have ever seen, it quite comical.
Old 09-18-2010, 09:36 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 06 6.0 GTO
Easily 12 second material with a better 60ft.

Or at least a flat 13, thats what i trapped and i couldnt get below a 2.0 60ft, also my first and only time at the track with the car.

I dont know whats so unbelievable about a car that traps that high stock hitting low 13s or high 12s when it hooks. Hell stock subarus hit 12s and they trap 104 mph only. Even though the magazines say they are much slower then that
perfect weather + 2.0 60ft would = a 12.5 around 111, so right around the fastest stock gto times.
Old 09-18-2010, 10:10 AM
TECH Resident

perfect weather + 2.0 60ft would = a 12.5 around 111, so right around the fastest stock gto times.
Those sound like new 5.0 times, which would make 5.0 vs 6.0 a drivers race, which would make sense with all of these threads and real world outcomes and multiple people hitting those times.......naw **** it, if its not in a magazine it CANT happen!
Old 09-18-2010, 10:28 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Just sayin', I wouldn't quote that when I was trying to defend LS2 GTOs.
Proof is in the pudding, bubba talking about corrected DA so see my above post. that was bone stock with paper air filter and 35psi in fuzion zri tires.

Originally Posted by ZXMAREKXZ
how fresh were your tires? maybe they went through a couple burnouts to many
ha, i went around the water with those tires. no burnout with those things.
Old 09-18-2010, 10:37 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by necrocannibal
My car would rape yours, leave it at that. And you have to be the biggest fan boy I have ever seen, it quite comical.
then come do it! im far frpm scared
Old 09-18-2010, 11:38 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

alright, look Bubba, i am really not into doing a pissing match, since i drive niether of the cars in question, but u really should step back and look at the things u have said. Naturally, i like me a nice LS1, had a TBSS with an LS2, and with my wife driving and 94 degree heat, not sure of the rest of the track conditions, she went 14.1 ac blasting, and the car was AWD so u can imagine the wieght. THis was the first pass she ever made down the 1/4 in her life. AC blasting rockin to alanis morsett when she pulled into the shutdown, now tell me how u think a 12 second time slip, in some cool *** weather, in a 6 speed goat, totally stock, not the fake stock u talked about, isnt possible. Nobody is saying its the norm, as i have alot more track experience then the average racer, since thats all i really do in my off time. I have seen 1 or 2 if the weather was right. U have to admit u set urself up when u DID infact bash the interiors compared to the mopars, then later say u have no experience with them. Basically people are saying, to go off what u know of f-bodies as gto knowledge is retarded, as they are australian cars, we stole, and are AMAZING and nothing like any other late model performance car GM has other than the G8, which go figure, is actually the next gen of the same car in australia. U also cant tell somebody to give u proof of a stock 12 second pass then when they give u a list u automatically say its basically not good enough, then expect anybody to take u seriously. Im not defending anybody here, just makin observations so dont go all crazy on my ***. We all know that the new 5.0s are fast and i cant wait to get back from afgan land to get me some, they are nasty lsx hunters for sure!
Old 09-18-2010, 12:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by madden
Oh and you always have to worry about the DA.
no truer words have been spoken. i didnt realize it until i went from sea level to colorado springs air and lost almost a full second in the quarter and 3 mph in my trap.
Old 09-18-2010, 12:26 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by gyrene2003
alright, look Bubba, i am really not into doing a pissing match, since i drive niether of the cars in question, but u really should step back and look at the things u have said. Naturally, i like me a nice LS1, had a TBSS with an LS2, and with my wife driving and 94 degree heat, not sure of the rest of the track conditions, she went 14.1 ac blasting, and the car was AWD so u can imagine the wieght. THis was the first pass she ever made down the 1/4 in her life. AC blasting rockin to alanis morsett when she pulled into the shutdown, now tell me how u think a 12 second time slip, in some cool *** weather, in a 6 speed goat, totally stock, not the fake stock u talked about, isnt possible. Nobody is saying its the norm, as i have alot more track experience then the average racer, since thats all i really do in my off time. I have seen 1 or 2 if the weather was right. U have to admit u set urself up when u DID infact bash the interiors compared to the mopars, then later say u have no experience with them. Basically people are saying, to go off what u know of f-bodies as gto knowledge is retarded, as they are australian cars, we stole, and are AMAZING and nothing like any other late model performance car GM has other than the G8, which go figure, is actually the next gen of the same car in australia. U also cant tell somebody to give u proof of a stock 12 second pass then when they give u a list u automatically say its basically not good enough, then expect anybody to take u seriously. Im not defending anybody here, just makin observations so dont go all crazy on my ***. We all know that the new 5.0s are fast and i cant wait to get back from afgan land to get me some, they are nasty lsx hunters for sure!
For one i wont attack you like i did them because look at the manner you used. I know how those "list" are. I don't put any faith in the internet list because people manipulate anything they can, im sure you know this but i have never seen with my own eyes a bone stock gto run better than a mid 13. I have seen with my own eyes a brand new showroom stock 5.0 go 13.0 in terrible DA and magazines have ran them 12.7 now even at that the original argument wasn't about the fastest it was about a 5.0 get slayed by a bone stock GTO by a non professional driver on the street, i hope this is getting into perspective. Now with what the people here are saying about magazine drivers is that they suck terribly and cars are always way faster, so now we have a magazine driven 12.7 car that is way faster when a pro drives it like our board member here, so does this make a bone stock 5.0 a low 12 sec car stock? Because if thats the case it really is a slaughter for even the fastest and not the average GTO like we originally started with. Im not attacking you at all just making the points i have refrained from making because the others decide to be moronic in their approach. Oh and the interior started as a jab for fun at the fan boys just to get under their skin LOL. Now once again im far from a fan boy of any make because i am into ls performance and ford and mopar as i try to explore them all and was searching for a ls car before i bought the stang and could have bought a Z06 but the insurance was way too high for me. I bought the stang only because i knew simple bolt on makes a low 13 to high 12 sec car and i couldn't find a t/a or camaro that i liked the price of. Jason's SRT8 impressed me alot for it being so big and heavy and the looks of the front of the car are also impressive , i have seen the inside many times but never got around to riding in it because we were always busy or got sidetracked but i have seen it at the track and it was impressive for a big car like that with a cai, handheld to run high 12s on stock wheels and tires.

oh and goodluck in the sand man, hope i don't end up there soon
Old 09-18-2010, 03:11 PM
TECH Resident

been reading along the entire time dont really care to speculate in words for what has already been said but....i too am in the sand box. kuwait
Old 09-18-2010, 03:50 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SStheBest
been reading along the entire time dont really care to speculate in words for what has already been said but....i too am in the sand box. kuwait
I just signed up and go to basic Oct 1st , i am a 91d , generator repair basic at Ft Sill OK and then AIT at Ft Lee VA
Old 09-18-2010, 04:54 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My sons in basic right now. Thanks for the volunteering Bubba. My son is a bit different than most kids... he chose to go Psy Ops so he can help interrogate suspects and learn how to use psychology in order to kill badguys: VERY inconsistent with how psychologists use it in civilian life. lol Airborne Psy Ops FTW!
Old 09-18-2010, 05:08 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
My sons in basic right now. Thanks for the volunteering Bubba. My son is a bit different than most kids... he chose to go Psy Ops so he can help interrogate suspects and learn how to use psychology in order to kill badguys: VERY inconsistent with how psychologists use it in civilian life. lol Airborne Psy Ops FTW!
Thanks alot

I think i will enjoy it and my long term goal is to get into the D.E.A., i wanted military police but they said it is so full from the economy going south and people turning to the armed forces so i chose Generator repair since i am pretty good at working on stuff and it gets my foot in the door.

Im sure your son will enjoy it and im equally sure you will be and currently are proud of him.
Old 09-18-2010, 06:57 PM
TECH Regular

LOL im not that far come on down, just get here before Oct 1st. Why would i back down from racing you? i ran a full bolt on t/a last night on motor and got him by around 2 cars, yep im scared......
Ive got a full bolt on T/A......ive raced quite a few bolt on stangs like yours and never ever have they put any lengths on me. In fact they are normally a pretty easy kill.
ive got a timeslip from the past weekend with me vs a headers, intake catback mustang pulling a mighty 14.2 granted I dont think the guy could drive very well and the DA was about 3500
Old 09-18-2010, 07:18 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by crazyelf
Ive got a full bolt on T/A......ive raced quite a few bolt on stangs like yours and never ever have they put any lengths on me. In fact they are normally a pretty easy kill.
ive got a timeslip from the past weekend with me vs a headers, intake catback mustang pulling a mighty 14.2 granted I dont think the guy could drive very well and the DA was about 3500
well i went to the track last night and was trying to fix my bottle issue and made a motor pass on the n/a tune and went 13.44 @ 100 which is slower than normal but i havent looked the da up yet, ill do that now before i finish this post.

At that Jason can vouch for the t/a race i had at his house against the full bolt on car i raced, do i know he should have beat me... yes and i believe there is something causing the car to be down on power but the fact is that it is a full bolt on and stalled t/a, and no i did not spray him.

DA for last night at TRRP in Gilliam was 2106 @ 10:30 when i made that pass
corrected per drag times...
Stock and Mildly Modified Naturally Aspirated Engines
13.112 @ 102.558 MPH
Old 09-18-2010, 07:35 PM
TECH Regular

well i went to the track last night and was trying to fix my bottle issue and made a motor pass on the n/a tune and went 13.44 @ 100 which is slower than normal but i havent looked the da up yet, ill do that now before i finish this post.

At that Jason can vouch for the t/a race i had at his house against the full bolt on car i raced, do i know he should have beat me... yes and i believe there is something causing the car to be down on power but the fact is that it is a full bolt on and stalled t/a, and no i did not spray him.

DA for last night at TRRP in Gilliam was 2106 @ 10:30 when i made that pass
corrected per drag times...
Stock and Mildly Modified Naturally Aspirated Engines
13.112 @ 102.558 MPH
Wow the guy was stalled too? Was it from a dig or a roll? Either way good kill i know anything is possible on the streets. Btw last weekend i went 12.9 at 108 corrected per drag times it said 12.4 at 113 haha i wish i had that slip. Hopefully in november with my stall.
Old 09-18-2010, 07:35 PM
Teching In

on motor i have trapped right at 105 before, not the norm but the car usually runs in the 13.20's @ 103, now that was also with stock wheels and 245/45-17 street tires and now i have different wheels and 275/40-17 nitto 555 also the best 60ft i had on those same mentioned street tires was a 1.81 , not the norm either but the norm was 1.94ish my car bone stock and i mean even the factory tirs on it the 235's went 13.71 @ 98mph
Old 09-18-2010, 07:37 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by crazyelf
Wow the guy was stalled too? Was it from a dig or a roll? Either way good kill i know anything is possible on the streets. Btw last weekend i went 12.9 at 108 corrected per drag times it said 12.4 at 113 haha i wish i had that slip. Hopefully in november with my stall.
yeah, i like the ls cars because they have a ton of potential and the races 2 of them were from a dig because thats what he wanted, i told him i didn't care either way we ran

this is me last weekend at the track with bottle issues, the bottle is blowing out my spark and making the car peter out before the 1/8 mile and i lift just before the 1/8 and coast the rest

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPs1mxF01cg

Quick Reply: Witnessed: GTO vs 11 5.0