Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Catfish in a sea of Cobra's

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2010, 09:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Catfish in a sea of Cobra's

Earlier this afternoon myself and my girlfriend were heading into town to grab a bite to eat. I am in my car in sig. and we finished up eating and were headed back home when I happen to roll up on a row of 4 terminators. I roll up beside the last one in line and he looks over at me and revs so I rev back. There is traffic everywhere but we were rolling around 40mph and he gooses it and he instantly loses traction snd then immediately lets off. I know this car has some power so I do the same thing and then make a comment to him to try to get him follow me out to the hwy. He says "its not even worth my time" and I say "well you are lucky my N20 isn't turned on he justs keeps goosing it and that end that. I go a lil further down the road and they aren't around me anymore so I just turn around. I head back into town and low and behold I run into 1 of the 4 Cobra's I met earlier all by himself. I let him know I am game and I motion to get him to pull over in a parking lot to try and set-up a run. He pulls over and I ask does he want to run and he says yes. So i get out and open the bottle thats in the spare tire area. He asks what all I have done mod wise so I tell him. I mention casually that it makes over 500 ponies and he backs out of the race and calls his buddy (the guy that messed w/ me earlier) and he comes and his buddy tells him quietly that, "that LS1 is fast we aint got nothing for him" my gf overheard that part so I ask them what they have done and they both had LT headers, CAI, Pullies, and ported blowers. I never got from them what power they made but I asked them "do one of you guys wanna race me" they just said nah we got nothing for you and then left. Oh well I guess the LS is still feared at least in my neck of the woods they are. Sorry for the long story and not even a kill but its the best action I've had since I put the cam spray and tune on the car so I thought I would share.
Old 10-02-2010, 10:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BigBirdLS1
Earlier this afternoon myself and my girlfriend were heading into town to grab a bite to eat. I am in my car in sig. and we finished up eating and were headed back home when I happen to roll up on a row of 4 terminators. I roll up beside the last one in line and he looks over at me and revs so I rev back. There is traffic everywhere but we were rolling around 40mph and he gooses it and he instantly loses traction snd then immediately lets off. I know this car has some power so I do the same thing and then make a comment to him to try to get him follow me out to the hwy. He says "its not even worth my time" and I say "well you are lucky my N20 isn't turned on he justs keeps goosing it and that end that. I go a lil further down the road and they aren't around me anymore so I just turn around. I head back into town and low and behold I run into 1 of the 4 Cobra's I met earlier all by himself. I let him know I am game and I motion to get him to pull over in a parking lot to try and set-up a run. He pulls over and I ask does he want to run and he says yes. So i get out and open the bottle thats in the spare tire area. He asks what all I have done mod wise so I tell him. I mention casually that it makes over 500 ponies and he backs out of the race and calls his buddy (the guy that messed w/ me earlier) and he comes and his buddy tells him quietly that, "that LS1 is fast we aint got nothing for him" my gf overheard that part so I ask them what they have done and they both had LT headers, CAI, Pullies, and ported blowers. I never got from them what power they made but I asked them "do one of you guys wanna race me" they just said nah we got nothing for you and then left. Oh well I guess the LS is still feared at least in my neck of the woods they are. Sorry for the long story and not even a kill but its the best action I've had since I put the cam spray and tune on the car so I thought I would share.
Weak!!! I would've said "why not"
Old 10-02-2010, 11:21 PM
Launching!

And then you woke up lol!
Old 10-02-2010, 11:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Good work man, represent the LS.
Old 10-02-2010, 11:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kennyxg
And then you woke up lol!
I was definitely awake man. I really wanted a race but when my gf said she overheard that guy say "that LS1 is fast we got nothing for him" thats almost just as good. Also his face was priceless when I mentioned I have over 500 ponies.
Old 10-03-2010, 01:16 AM
Staging Lane

Man I can't recall ever meeting a Termi owner who wouldn't have raced you in that situation. What a bunch of wussies.
Old 10-03-2010, 01:41 AM
Teching In

i hate sissies
Old 10-03-2010, 01:53 AM
Teching In

with headers, cai, pulleys and ported blowers those things are making well over 500.. just a simple pulley swap and tune they are putting down 450+
Old 10-03-2010, 01:59 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

sounds like they didn't wana run their cars hard, probably just were looking for a puppy kicking when they saw you.
Old 10-03-2010, 04:36 AM
Staging Lane

How lame .Not knowing if you can beat the car next to you is way better than racing some car you know you'll beat.Where is the excitement in that.It wouldn't have been hard at all on their car's to race you one time each!50 to 110 or something like that big fu..ing deal pansies.at least you tried huh.some people just can't handle losing,pretty sad .
Old 10-03-2010, 08:25 AM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 2000camarospade
with headers, cai, pulleys and ported blowers those things are making well over 500.. just a simple pulley swap and tune they are putting down 450+
That's what I thought. Probably would have been a good race. People hear Nitrous and put their tail between their legs I guess.
Old 10-03-2010, 08:27 AM

Probably would have been some good races if they were really ported. Definitely a shame they wouldn't line up.

Originally Posted by BrntWS6
People hear Nitrous and put their tail between their legs I guess.
I was talking to a guy the other night with a full-bolt 2007ish. He was saying that he wants to get a blower, but it's gonna take him a while to save up. I told him to slap a nitrous kit on it in the mean time and he said he didn't want to because then everyone would always tell him to take the bottle out before racing

I told him to tell them to go **** themselves if that happened...seemed like good advice at the time.
Old 10-03-2010, 08:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah guys I definitely wanted a run in with them. The 2 guys I talked to were no older than 20 so I guess they may have been a lil scared. Oh well I guess them backing out is better than me backing out for sure. In m exp. from what I have seen personally it takes 75 ish more hp for a termi to beat a modded 6 spd ls1 from a 40-50 roll. I think the hp #'s were comparable between all cars so who knows what wouldve happened.
Old 10-03-2010, 07:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

i am temped to try and read it but that huge *** paragraph is scaring me.
Old 10-04-2010, 02:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I have a friend with a ported blower, 4lb lower I think 2.73 upper, not sure though but he did put down a little over 500, from a dig I pull the crap out of his car, IRS not so much on launch. However on the freeway he will pull me by a couple cars, like 2-3. Mods are in my sig, plus I am a stalled and geared A4 so it is expected to not be a super awesome freeway car.

I love cobras but they are heavy, get one with a SRA (Solid Rear Axle) and wow whole other story those are the ones that I know the guy means business.
Old 10-04-2010, 10:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks for your input Adam. Do you remember what speeds you raced him at? Also those guys I messed with were both IRS cars. I'm guessing from the beginning those guys saw the 345hp badging on the side of the hood and thought it was gonna be a puppy kicking. When they found out otherwise they became the scalded puppy and ran with their tail between their legs. I can't stand when people who have fast cars won't race you when they think they might lose.
Old 10-04-2010, 04:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BigBirdLS1
Thanks for your input Adam. Do you remember what speeds you raced him at? Also those guys I messed with were both IRS cars. I'm guessing from the beginning those guys saw the 345hp badging on the side of the hood and thought it was gonna be a puppy kicking. When they found out otherwise they became the scalded puppy and ran with their tail between their legs. I can't stand when people who have fast cars won't race you when they think they might lose.
No problem man, well on the freeway we would drop to 35-whatever we stopped at, 35 was not that bad but he would pull hard, we tried 45-55 or 60 ish and that was worse for me. The best one was a dig race, I would get out on him by about 4 cars and won by pretty much a fender.
Old 10-04-2010, 05:50 PM
Staging Lane

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

What a bunch of fuc|<in pussies. Are there really some people with pride so enormous that they can't even take a close race? What do you lose besides a little pride? This ain't the fast and the furious where you lose your ride, girl, house, hand, etc. Now if they knew you were 100 plus more hp than them I understand, but damn. If I had an 03-04 I would be racing everything with wheels!
Old 10-05-2010, 12:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Snake man you crack me up!!! I would be the same though id race everything that had wheels.
Old 10-05-2010, 04:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by snake95
What a bunch of fuc|<in pussies. Are there really some people with pride so enormous that they can't even take a close race? What do you lose besides a little pride? This ain't the fast and the furious where you lose your ride, girl, house, hand, etc. Now if they knew you were 100 plus more hp than them I understand, but damn. If I had an 03-04 I would be racing everything with wheels!
Good man, well minus hondas, I just don't see wasting my gas on them.