Old 12-16-2010, 03:54 PM
***Repost Police***

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh God can I please get a link?
Old 12-16-2010, 07:11 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Please tell me that your sig is an actual frame from one of his races...
Originally Posted by sujomatt
That it is!!!!
Oh God can I please get a link?
Irun17s, you are missing out big time. Here's the post with the race (it's definitely a real frame) but if I were you, I'd read the ENTIRE thread.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/14242934-post81.html
Old 12-16-2010, 08:11 PM
***Repost Police***

Wow...
Old 12-16-2010, 11:39 PM
9 Second Club

Man I just read this entire thread...my eyes hurt. Here's my synopsis:
For getting adult tail I'd buy the Ferrari
For losing my hearing I'd buy the Viper (I've only driven two and one was an ACR)
For the money the C6 Z06 (however I'd sell the LS7 and buy a forged motor and turbo the thing)
For daily driver comfort I'd buy the GTR

As far as the OP's kill story that's a cool vid. S2000 is pretty damned fast for a 4 banger and looking to pick up a C6 Z06 next year for my Bday. Using it as a daily driver and a weekend road race car. Keeping the tow vehicle and the Bird. Gives me more options that way. Drag on Saturday road race on Sunday. Snow days means 8.1 liter Avalanche cruising.
Old 12-16-2010, 11:40 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by TheHitman
Wrong. SW still holds the 6 speed 1/4 mile at 7.91 @ 189 (Supra) to Garth Weaver's 7.98 @183 (Viper). Vipers hold the IRS record at 7.47 @190mph but not the 6 speed record.

As for the other stuff you posted I think BBCs have held the records for dynos for Superchargers, TT setups and pump gas setups.

That is all.
Must be true if Killemall hasnt responded yet. Or he's scouring the internet for some 1/4 mile records for the viper.
Old 12-16-2010, 11:43 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by chasgiv3
Man I just read this entire thread...my eyes hurt. Here's my synopsis:
For getting adult tail I'd buy the Ferrari
For losing my hearing I'd buy the Viper (I've only driven two and one was an ACR)
For the money the C6 Z06 (however I'd sell the LS7 and buy a forged motor and turbo the thing)
For daily driver comfort I'd buy the GTR

As far as the OP's kill story that's a cool vid. S2000 is pretty damned fast for a 4 banger and looking to pick up a C6 Z06 next year for my Bday. Using it as a daily driver and a weekend road race car. Keeping the tow vehicle and the Bird. Gives me more options that way. Drag on Saturday road race on Sunday. Snow days means 8.1 liter Avalanche cruising.

proprs to you for reading 28 pages and 540something posts. I'd be skimming like crazy and probably just skip to the end. Thanks. the s2000 was definitely not a slouch.
Old 12-18-2010, 06:15 AM
Launching!

Rsky..the supra and viper have traded 6 speed records a few times so who knows...last time i looked it up i thought the viper had hit in the 7.8s....but who knows...bigger news is the z06 carbon that just dusted the porshe tt and audi r8 around a road course..the +06 carbon is just an animal...but at 13k over a z06 at 90 k and weighing 3330 pounds win a slower quartermile of 11.9 at 123 mph i wonder if the z06 carbon will get the respect it deserves for beating to amazeing machines around the road course....or if people will only see the quartermile times and pricetag....im personally very impressed with the carbon as the new porshe tt with its 0 tp 60 in 2.6 seconds and quarter mile of 10.7 at 129 mph as well as porshes claim of the ring in 7.20...well the porshe is as much as a top level track car as any available on the market..and the z06 carbon beat it by a second..i was praising the gtr earlier and stated that a gtr would walk away from a z06 or 03-06 viper...well now a carbon will desttroy the gtr
Old 12-18-2010, 08:28 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Killemall
Rsky..the supra and viper have traded 6 speed records a few times so who knows...last time i looked it up i thought the viper had hit in the 7.8s....but who knows...bigger news is the z06 carbon that just dusted the porshe tt and audi r8 around a road course..the +06 carbon is just an animal...but at 13k over a z06 at 90 k and weighing 3330 pounds win a slower quartermile of 11.9 at 123 mph i wonder if the z06 carbon will get the respect it deserves for beating to amazeing machines around the road course....or if people will only see the quartermile times and pricetag....im personally very impressed with the carbon as the new porshe tt with its 0 tp 60 in 2.6 seconds and quarter mile of 10.7 at 129 mph as well as porshes claim of the ring in 7.20...well the porshe is as much as a top level track car as any available on the market..and the z06 carbon beat it by a second..i was praising the gtr earlier and stated that a gtr would walk away from a z06 or 03-06 viper...well now a carbon will desttroy the gtr
And a 2012 GT-R will destroy a Z06 Carbon while already beating the best record for the ZR1. It did a 7:24 around the Nurburgring on a wet track.

http://www.fastestlaps.com/tracks/nordschleife.html
Old 12-18-2010, 09:17 AM
On The Tree

this thread is filled with useless garbage information... There are too many unknown variables... drivers, tires, suspension, air quality, temperature, wet/dry, wind. was the car running at it's full potential or was it modified over factory to create hype????

That can go for any of the cars that get tested, not just the GTR... People can quote magazines and the internet all they want, but with all the straights at the ring and high speeds that are attained... I highly doubt a heavy *** car that traps 118 mph in the 1/4 mile(gtr) would run faster than a much lighter car that traps over 125mph in the 1/4mile.(zr1 or zo6)

There is a straight in the ring that is over 1 mile long. if the zr1 traps 130mph or so within a 1/4 distance think how much faster it's going compared to the gtr after a mile???... Not to mention braking a heavy *** car at 170 mph or so(gtr) would take a while I think... Idk, I think if you use your logic, you can find some discrepecies when you compare the cars stock for stock. I'm sure you can easily turn up the boost on a gtr and get it to trap over 130 without much effort though... there are lots of straights at the ring where raw hp will have a big effect. Haven't you guys ever played gran turismo??? Lol.

Say I'm wrong and the GTR is really that fast in stock trim( I doubt), the corvette is still a better platform for racing because it weighs way less. When you do mod for mod, I think you'll see the vette come out on top easily. I'm been to the track and seen what vettes with racing slicks can do. They make every other car at an autox event look really, really slow.
Old 12-18-2010, 09:36 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ryanisfast
this thread is filled with useless garbage information... There are too many unknown variables... drivers, tires, suspension, air quality, temperature, wet/dry, wind. was the car running at it's full potential or was it modified over factory to create hype????

That can go for any of the cars that get tested, not just the GTR... People can quote magazines and the internet all they want, but with all the straights at the ring and high speeds that are attained... I highly doubt a heavy *** car that traps 118 mph in the 1/4 mile(gtr) would run faster than a much lighter car that traps over 125mph in the 1/4mile.(zr1 or zo6)

There is a straight in the ring that is over 1 mile long. if the zr1 traps 130mph or so within a 1/4 distance think how much faster it's going compared to the gtr after a mile???... Not to mention braking a heavy *** car at 170 mph or so(gtr) would take a while I think... Idk, I think if you use your logic, you can find some discrepecies when you compare the cars stock for stock. I'm sure you can easily turn up the boost on a gtr and get it to trap over 130 without much effort though... there are lots of straights at the ring where raw hp will have a big effect. Haven't you guys ever played gran turismo??? Lol.

Say I'm wrong and the GTR is really that fast in stock trim( I doubt), the corvette is still a better platform for racing because it weighs way less. When you do mod for mod, I think you'll see the vette come out on top easily. I'm been to the track and seen what vettes with racing slicks can do. They make every other car at an autox event look really, really slow.
Really? Because I've been to 3-4 corvette club hosted autoX's in the indy region and my group of people bring evos/hondas/mustangs and alot of us are usually at the top of the times list up there with the slicked out, trailored / dedicated autox cars there.
Old 12-18-2010, 09:38 AM
10 Second Club

And a 2012 GT-R will destroy a Z06 Carbon while already beating the best record for the ZR1. It did a 7:24 around the Nurburgring on a wet track.

http://www.fastestlaps.com/tracks/nordschleife.html
The only issue i have with the GT-Rs laps is that only Nissan can get the claimed times.

No one else, that i'm aware of, has come anywhere near them, including independent testers and Walter Rohrl, Porsche's test driver.

I'm sure the guys at Porsche made damn sure that Nissan's times were BS before they called them out.

I'd love to see the stig take a production version of each car to the ring...I'd put money on the GT2 being at least 5 seconds/lap faster.
Old 12-18-2010, 02:29 PM
***Repost Police***

The Stig tested them on Top Gear's track, and the GT-R made most of the cars look pretty slow.
Old 12-18-2010, 02:46 PM
Teching In

The Stig tested them on Top Gear's track, and the GT-R made most of the cars look pretty slow.
It would be very easy for Nissan's test car to have a reflash for more boost.
Old 12-18-2010, 02:48 PM
***Repost Police***

It'd be easy for any of the cars ever tested to not be factory spec.
Old 12-18-2010, 03:54 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Beans
The only issue i have with the GT-Rs laps is that only Nissan can get the claimed times.

No one else, that i'm aware of, has come anywhere near them, including independent testers and Walter Rohrl, Porsche's test driver.

I'm sure the guys at Porsche made damn sure that Nissan's times were BS before they called them out.

I'd love to see the stig take a production version of each car to the ring...I'd put money on the GT2 being at least 5 seconds/lap faster.
Didnt in some comparison the carbon Z06 beat out the GT-R?
Old 12-18-2010, 10:46 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ryanisfast

Do you know how much time you can gain if you have excellent entry and exit times in the corners. You can make up for one long straight with just that. Also I am referring to the 2012 GT-R which makes over 60 more hp and 50 more torque as well as better area under the curve. I would guarantee the new GT-R will trap mid 120s.
Old 12-18-2010, 10:51 PM
Teching In

Do you know how much time you can gain if you have excellent entry and exit times in the corners. You can make up for one long straight with just that. Also I am referring to the 2012 GT-R which makes over 60 more hp and 50 more torque as well as better area under the curve. I would guarantee the new GT-R will trap mid 120s.
I also guarantee the GT-R is going to do some more giant slaying...

I'm happy to see Nissan give the GT-R an upgrade, but I'd say a big diet would be worth it's weight in gold (man I am just full of 'em tonight!) for making the car faster. It's heavy, plain and simple. Imagine 500 lbs off it...

And yeah, I'd say even a big long straight like that can be made up for in the turns...what I'm not saying is a car with half the power but superior handling would beat the carbon z06, gt-r, viper, gt2/3, etc, etc.
Old 12-19-2010, 04:02 AM
Launching!

The new GTR only went from 480-520 right?????? So from 420 awho to 460 awhp...id say it went from a solid 118.5 car to a solid 121.5 car...Much more impressive, lof course this is all mute as their are hardly any stock ones to begin with....

I think it may be able to give the new 911TT a good run but will still fall a lil short of the Z06 carbon...

its funny because GTR owners think the 911TT is over rated and 911 TT owners think the GTR is a fat ugly nissan...They are both kool but admittedly i wouldnt even think about a GTR if a 911TT was sitting in front of me..0-60 in 2.6 seconds and the 1/4 mile in 10.7....I mean dayummmmm..

Ive seen only a few 911TT's up close and personal and while in pics they look just like any other porshe...When you really stand beside them you can see every inch of why they cost so much..BEAUtiful....

But to each his own and Im thinking a 911TT cost nearly double a GTR
Old 12-19-2010, 02:15 PM
***Repost Police***

The new GTR only went from 480-520 right?????? So from 420 awho to 460 awhp...id say it went from a solid 118.5 car to a solid 121.5 car...Much more impressive, lof course this is all mute as their are hardly any stock ones to begin with....

I think it may be able to give the new 911TT a good run but will still fall a lil short of the Z06 carbon...

its funny because GTR owners think the 911TT is over rated and 911 TT owners think the GTR is a fat ugly nissan...They are both kool but admittedly i wouldnt even think about a GTR if a 911TT was sitting in front of me..0-60 in 2.6 seconds and the 1/4 mile in 10.7....I mean dayummmmm..

Ive seen only a few 911TT's up close and personal and while in pics they look just like any other porshe...When you really stand beside them you can see every inch of why they cost so much..BEAUtiful....

I know you're a genius in your own mind, but please stop using phrases and words that you're not familiar with to try and make yourself sound smarter. The word you are looking for is "MOOT."
Old 12-19-2010, 06:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

There's a reason a 911 Turbo costs nearly double what a GTR costs.

Its like comparing a chinese watch to a rolex. Do they both tell time?? Yep. And thats there the similarities end.

Quick Reply: C6Z vs. 500hp Turbo S2k (vid)