Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

C6Z vs. 500hp Turbo S2k (vid)

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 11:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wesmanw02
Funny how Hondas need thousands and thousands of dollars in mods to still run slower than a stock F-body. Not to mention modded Hondas are reliability nightmares, econo cars aren't meant to be made into drag cars. They fall apart.
As much as I hate to say this (because I hate 99% of Honda owners myself and the general idea of putting a **** ton of whp to a FWD car) respect in my book is given where it is earned.

I have several friends and acquaintances from back when I was in high school, all of which went through Civics and Tegs like it was their job. All were turboed D16's, B18's, blah blah blah blah blah and all of which on stock tranny's, axles, differentials, stock bottom end motors.

Back in my day rolling around with them, they would beat the living **** out of their turbo Civics/Tegs, take them to the track, run impressive times for how much money they spent on the car including cost of car (like they intended) for what they were, and had no issues with those cars. The stock pieces on Honda's and Tegs are surprisingly very strong and for some reason work very well.

Our stock 4l60e's break when they are even looked at and our stock 10-bolts rarely live long lives behind manuals w/ >350rwhp (especially when aftermarket gears and sticky tires are added to the mix)

Please do not think that I am sticking up for Honda/Teg owners, as I absolutely hate 99% of them and do not like the look of the cars. The select 1% just happen to be in this forum (Not the owners thinking their Civic/Teg beat all f-body/V8 cars they run into with their fart cannon exhaust ragged out Civic) Opinions are opinions and like I said, respect is given where respect is earned.

Instead of being a nut swinger and blindly giving off the impression that you think your car is the best thing out there - take time to look around and realize what else is out there and get out of your "FBODY/LS-WON RULES" shell
Old 12-06-2010, 11:02 PM
***Repost Police***

But he doesn't care. If it has an import badge on it, it's **** to him.
Old 12-06-2010, 11:13 PM
Teching In

And we all know thats a huge load of bullshit.

I helped my friend build a turbo B18/VTEC bubble. Nothing but problems. Oil leaks, cracked a ringland, blew a piston, spun a rod bearing, all on separate occassions. Transmission blew up, and its final time at the track it snapped an axle. They are cheaply built cars that are not designed to go fast or make power.
Improper install, bad tune, bad tune, bad oiling or tune. Im gonna say he probably didnt get it properly tuned right? Yeah, thats what happens when you dont adjust the ecu on a speed density car.

You dont have to believe me, Im not going to lose sleep over it.

Bullshit. You're talking about a drivetrain thats designed to hold 90HP and 75ft/lbs or torque. Yet you're going to pretend its strong enough to run 10 second 1/4 miles. A GM 7.5" 10 bolt is considered "weak" in comparison to the likes of Ford 8.8s, Dana 60s, and Ford 9" rears, but its positively massive when compared to anything Honda has ever built. The fastest Honda in the world still wouldn't have enough torque to snap a GM 7.5".
Ok. This (link to build) guy has made hundreds of passes over the last few years on the same stock open diff trans, with slicks and street tires. One of many properly built hondas that would put your V8s to shame. I think his best is a 10.60 @ 137

First green integra

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Otr1Z...layer_embedded

Open your mind a little.

Last edited by LightningTeg; 12-06-2010 at 11:19 PM.
Old 12-07-2010, 12:08 AM
10 Second Club

All you have are "ifs". "If" he did this or "if" he did that. That means absolutely nothing.
Fine, i'll leave the "ifs" out of it.

The car you're claiming can't perform went 7mph faster on a break in tune than your car has ever gone. He has vids dragging a Viper down the highway, all you have is this little fella " "

Lets sum up your completely retarded post:

"92 Talon AWD"

Stupid ricer
Refuting an argument with name calling? You sound like a smart one...which is probably why the Honda you built broke every time you turned the key.
Old 12-07-2010, 11:17 AM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Just because your friend's car blew up doesn't mean that they all do.
Bingo, can't say that all builds are the same.

I'd be careful who you call a ricer Wesmen, because most of the imports guys that frequent this board (and post in this thread) would probably wipe the floor with your car.
Old 12-07-2010, 12:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by willizm
I'd be careful who you call a ricer Wesmen, because most of the imports guys that frequent this board (and post in this thread) would probably wipe the floor with your car.
First of all you don't know my car (profile has old numbers), and you act like I'm actually worried. Most of the import clowns on here wouldn't show their faces at an actual car meet, let alone call someone out in person. Thats the reason they frequent this forum, to try and stir up trouble because they are too scared to do it in person. Ricers are stupid and always will be, I don't go by the bullshit people talk about on the internet, I go by what I've seen and done in person.

A perfect example is one of my college friend's '99 Mitsu Eclipse, it was fully built, aftermarket turbo, meth injection, 400WHP. Raced my heads up and he got destroyed 4/4 times. Then we went on a mountain run, his car handles like **** and his brakes overheated so he had to pull over. Yet on the internet, his could call out all the people he wanted because of his dyno graph. The internet is the only place ricers thrive, in the real world they get shut down and beat up.
Old 12-07-2010, 12:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Beans
Fine, i'll leave the "ifs" out of it.

The car you're claiming can't perform went 7mph faster on a break in tune than your car has ever gone. He has vids dragging a Viper down the highway, all you have is this little fella " ".
Once again, you don't know my numbers, thats an old *** time slip from over 2 years ago.

He beat a Viper on the highway with a car that traps at 113MPH...lol. Vipers trap at almost 130MPH, you're not fooling anyone with that bullshit. Even a stock Viper would DESTROY that Honda on the highway, not to mention Hondas run out of gear by 120MPH
***Repost Police***

First of all you don't know my car (profile has old numbers), and you act like I'm actually worried. Most of the import clowns on here wouldn't show their faces at an actual car meet, let alone call someone out in person. Thats the reason they frequent this forum, to try and stir up trouble because they are too scared to do it in person. Ricers are stupid and always will be, I don't go by the bullshit people talk about on the internet, I go by what I've seen and done in person.

A perfect example is one of my college friend's '99 Mitsu Eclipse, it was fully built, aftermarket turbo, meth injection, 400WHP. Raced my heads up and he got destroyed 4/4 times. Then we went on a mountain run, his car handles like **** and his brakes overheated so he had to pull over. Yet on the internet, his could call out all the people he wanted because of his dyno graph. The internet is the only place ricers thrive, in the real world they get shut down and beat up.
And what in the hell is the reason that YOU frequent this forum? SR&K in particular. To stir up trouble.
TECH Fanatic

And what in the hell is the reason that YOU frequent this forum? SR&K in particular. To stir up trouble.
Lets see...maybe because I own an F-body...and this is an F-body site...so I post on here.

You are thick in the head.
Old 12-07-2010, 12:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LightningTeg
Improper install, bad tune, bad tune, bad oiling or tune. Im gonna say he probably didnt get it properly tuned right? Yeah, thats what happens when you dont adjust the ecu on a speed density car.

You dont have to believe me, Im not going to lose sleep over it.
Evan's Tuning in PA. Check out their website, thats who tuned the car.

Hondas aren't meant to go fast. You're trying to make a car do something it was never designed to do, and the result is epic fail.
Old 12-07-2010, 12:47 PM
***Repost Police***

Lets see...maybe because I own an F-body...and this is an F-body site...so I post on here.

You are thick in the head.
You can use that excuse in the technical sections, but SR&K is a free-for-all. And the only threads you ever post on in here are the ones having to do with imports. You even bring back 2-3 week old threads just to talk trash about imports, and your attitude has gotten you banned before. Is that where you've been the past few months?
Old 12-07-2010, 01:58 PM
9 Second Club

Evan's Tuning in PA. Check out their website, thats who tuned the car.

Hondas aren't meant to go fast. You're trying to make a car do something it was never designed to do, and the result is epic fail.
So what, nothing is engineered to go faster than it was intended to. Thats why I'm putting a s60 and FLT trans in my car because the TC78/cam will rip my *** end out. Fbodies aren't exactly bulletproof either
Old 12-07-2010, 01:59 PM
***Repost Police***

Of course they are... they are obviously designed from the factory to be street-legal race cars.
Old 12-07-2010, 01:59 PM
9 Second Club

You can use that excuse in the technical sections, but SR&K is a free-for-all. And the only threads you ever post on in here are the ones having to do with imports. You even bring back 2-3 week old threads just to talk trash about imports, and your attitude has gotten you banned before. Is that where you've been the past few months?
Maybe if you keep it up you will get some nice little pm love notes like I did from Wesman when he got banned from this section before.
Old 12-07-2010, 02:08 PM
***Repost Police***

You think I could ever get that lucky?
Old 12-07-2010, 02:11 PM
9 Second Club

You think I could ever get that lucky?
You got a forward sir
Old 12-07-2010, 02:21 PM
Teching In

Once again, you don't know my numbers, thats an old *** time slip from over 2 years ago.

He beat a Viper on the highway with a car that traps at 113MPH...lol. Vipers trap at almost 130MPH, you're not fooling anyone with that bullshit. Even a stock Viper would DESTROY that Honda on the highway, not to mention Hondas run out of gear by 120MPH
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46xWH2-ofsM
Old 12-07-2010, 02:24 PM
Teching In

First of all you don't know my car (profile has old numbers), and you act like I'm actually worried. Most of the import clowns on here wouldn't show their faces at an actual car meet, let alone call someone out in person.
The first 2 weeks on I was on here I found an LS1 tech meet locally that I went to. Cool group of guys.

Seems like your friends have no idea what they are doing
Old 12-07-2010, 02:32 PM
10 Second Club

You hit the nail on the head. I frequent this forum because i'm too scared to go to a meet. I should get a therapist...

Lol @ this post. Unless he's FWD, on street tires, and you raced 4x from a dig, thats a crock of ****.

BTW, f-bodies and DSMs both handle like crap unless heavily modded. Before i touched the suspension on my E46 it was probably as fast in the corners as my DSM (all after market suspension), after suspension/wheels/tires, forget it.

Can you read? He trapped 115 on a 15psi break in tune. His real tune is 27psi.

Epic fail like that viper?
Old 12-07-2010, 02:38 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Beans
Can you read? He trapped 115 on a 15psi break in tune. His real tune is 27psi.
15 psi is just the wastegate. First time at the track was just getting a feel for the car. 20psi and 27 psi at the flick of a switch

Quick Reply: C6Z vs. 500hp Turbo S2k (vid)