Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

C6Z vs. 500hp Turbo S2k (vid)

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2010, 09:22 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
You've been here for a little over a month and you think you know everything already... he already said why he bought the car, and he has already stated that he knows EXACTLY what it can and cannot do. So who is the one that is trying to argue with everybody?
So if i'd been on this forum for years i'd know more about cars? LOL dude i'm done talkin to you, that was the stupidest comment i've ever heard anyone say..."youve been here a month and think you know everything" lol thats halarious...please quit responding to me i'm dont talking to you i'm not playin your little game to make yourself feel important

to the other guy above...how do they steal your motor in your driveway? Very curious about this
Old 12-05-2010, 09:23 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by cody123
So if i'd been on this forum for years i'd know more about cars? LOL dude i'm done talkin to you, that was the stupidest comment i've ever heard anyone say..."youve been here a month and think you know everything" lol thats halarious...please quit responding to me i'm dont talking to you i'm not playin your little game to make yourself feel important

to the other guy above...how do they steal your motor in your driveway? Very curious about this
They steal the whole car. 90s Hondas are notoriously easy to steal. Or if you can deter them from driving it away, its not uncommon for them to flatbed that **** if they really want it

Check the top ten most stolen lists.
Old 12-05-2010, 09:28 PM
***Repost Police***

Wow you're thick... your time here has nothing to do with how much you know about cars (hopefully), but it does have to do with your interactions with other members. You think everybody on here that doesn't drive strictly GM is against them, and it's blatantly obvious. The fact that you're "dont" with me is laughable at best.
Old 12-05-2010, 09:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by LightningTeg
Yeah I guess it doesnt mean anything that he was is a good friend of mine / roomate in college / owned the car for 6 years and built it the way it sits knowing fully capable of what It and the z06 can and cannot do.

You must have missed the LOL part after that, meaning I was KIDDING. I wanna know how people are stealing honda engines?
Old 12-05-2010, 09:30 PM
Banned

They steal the whole car. 90s Hondas are notoriously easy to steal. Or if you can deter them from driving it away, its not uncommon for them to flatbed that **** if they really want it

Check the top ten most stolen lists.
Oh ok, they take the whole car. Damn ...talk about some broke losers. Thats ridiculous.
Old 12-05-2010, 10:35 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
I hate to say it BUT
bang for the buck the LS F bodies are tough to beat wkith current pricing.....
but the build quality sucks like most other GMs. Hell my DD is a Camry which has almost 400K on it doesn't rattle,has original trans,water pump,motor blah blah. I don't think my Camaro is a good looking car at all even with an SS hood on it. I own two imports that blow the crap out of my LS from a dig and they are better built car as well.
Saying a guy who owns an import is stupid or doesn't know what he is talking about in term of speed etc is incredibly childish.
My ex GF had a 94 GSR-put 200K on that car and beat the hell out of it. Fun car and no complaints. I didn't think it was ugly at all.
If you are into drag racing most imports including the Supra are at a severe disadvantage. My Supra struggles to hit low 1.7 sixty foots on MTs despite running low 11s and trapping almost 130MPH on pump gas. Tall first gear,no low end power and weighing as much as a battleship make racing from a dig a challenge. Tough luck on me-either ditch the car-or do as much as you can to over come it.
I agree bro. PM sent.
Old 12-05-2010, 10:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

I want the 15 minutes of my life back that it took to read through that list of bitching back and forth to each other. Can somebody grant me that?
Old 12-05-2010, 11:50 PM
On The Tree

Lol. ^ Yeah, pretty much irunelevens has to be a devils advocate for everything, and he likes to keep the momentum going on this thread.

Btw, Lightningteg, I'm glad you know where I'm coming from. I've owned an Mr2 and a prelude si and a sentra se-r. I know what a lot of the import crowd is like, they always have a chip on their shoulder. They all have to stick " I 'heart' honda" stickers on their cars. I like seeing a fast honda. I think it's cool. But I just don't like all the guys who run high 15 second b18's all day and think they are hot ****. If I had a close friend who I knew built the car and was selling it for way cheaper than it cost to build, I'd probably jump on it too.

Turbo Saturn FTW!!!!!
Old 12-06-2010, 09:27 AM
TECH Resident

Oh ok, they take the whole car. Damn ...talk about some broke losers. Thats ridiculous.
You'd be surprised how many thieves there are for Honda... My states honda forum has more 'stolen help me!' threads then anything else lol
Old 12-06-2010, 10:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by ryanisfast
Lol. ^ Yeah, pretty much irunelevens has to be a devils advocate for everything, and he likes to keep the momentum going on this thread.

Btw, Lightningteg, I'm glad you know where I'm coming from. I've owned an Mr2 and a prelude si and a sentra se-r. I know what a lot of the import crowd is like, they always have a chip on their shoulder. They all have to stick " I 'heart' honda" stickers on their cars. I like seeing a fast honda. I think it's cool. But I just don't like all the guys who run high 15 second b18's all day and think they are hot ****. If I had a close friend who I knew built the car and was selling it for way cheaper than it cost to build, I'd probably jump on it too.

Turbo Saturn FTW!!!!!

God I love my SC MR2!!!! So fun to drive. Runs 14.0s with bs mods on street radials and handles like a go cart. My favorite car I own...

Old 12-06-2010, 08:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Beans
You don't need to defend yourself. His car made 341whp and according to his profile went 13.3@108. If you put some rubber on that ricer you'd destroy him from a dig or roll. Hell you trapped 7mph more than he did on only 15psi, never mind what the difference would be on your real tune.
All you have are "ifs". "If" he did this or "if" he did that. That means absolutely nothing. If he put rubber on his ricer?? LOL, than all it would do is blow an axle, just like every other piece of **** Honda trying to run at the track.

Funny how Hondas need thousands and thousands of dollars in mods to still run slower than a stock F-body. Not to mention modded Hondas are reliability nightmares, econo cars aren't meant to be made into drag cars. They fall apart.

Everyone acts like they have a donkey dick on the web, he's just another bolt-on LS1 owner who is quick to talk **** about a "ricer" that would pull a train-length on him. Killemall's responses to your viper kill were priceless. It HAD to be poorly driven, eben the clean runs, SOMETHING had to be wrong, a civic can't be faster than a "real car" with torque!

Wait, you don't do 40mph rolls in 5th gear?
Lets sum up your completely retarded post:

"92 Talon AWD"

Stupid ricer
Old 12-06-2010, 09:05 PM
***Repost Police***

His Talon was designed in the US and built in Normal, Illinois... how is that a "ricer?" And put slicks on a cammed 6spd F-body and see how long the rearend lasts
Old 12-06-2010, 09:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
His Talon was designed in the US and built in Normal, Illinois... how is that a "ricer?" And put slicks on a cammed 6spd F-body and see how long the rearend lasts
Its a Mitsubishi chassis with a Mitsubishi engine. Pull your head out of your ***.

Plenty of guys have run 11's with the stock rear time and time again, its all about proper setup and knowing how to preload the gears to avoid shocking them. You don't even know where the gears go in the rear, so its not even worth trying to explain it to you.
Old 12-06-2010, 09:33 PM
Teching In

actually the Talon and the Eclipse were never sold in Japan. I think..
Old 12-06-2010, 09:44 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Killemall
Hey Wes I hate imports as well..POS IMHO for the most part. Even the supra is nothing more than a 35K POS to me...I realize Im in the minority but it's just the way I feel...

Why did I have a nsx????Cause to me it was a 90K exotic..Not an import...Despite the modern day price of 25K for a 91 nsx back in 1991-1993 they were 55-65K...being equivalent to 100K by todays $$$$$...So the nsx was special to me in that exotic way..

I hate them for my own personal reasons..mainly haveing to spend X amount of dollars just to have 400-500 rwhp and at that point your running on borrowed time..Well thats BS when you can buy a LS1 and do a head and cam package and hit 450 rwhp and have a completely reliable car...
Here we go again..

The Price of a new Supra in 1998 was $41,000. MSRP.

The price of a new Corvette coup in 98 was $39,000 MSRP.

The price of a new Viper in 98 was $63,000 MSRP (I think)

And the price of a new NSX in 98 was $83,000 MSRP.

Now the price to spend on a Supra to make it a 400hp car is similar to spending that amount on a LS1. seeing as how they are close stock to stock in power.. in a Camaro.

As for borrowed time.. everyone that plays the mod game knows that **** happens. Modded vettes go from time to time and so do Vipers. Can you honestly say that your Viper has never failed you? either of them? What about the C5? and then your 1998 Camaro V6 with supercharger...

I'm not making the supra to be more than what it really is. Which would be a Japanese sports car. Just because it's not American made doesn't make it a shitty car.
Old 12-06-2010, 09:45 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by Wesmanw02
Its a Mitsubishi chassis with a Mitsubishi engine. Pull your head out of your ***.

Plenty of guys have run 11's with the stock rear time and time again, its all about proper setup and knowing how to preload the gears to avoid shocking them. You don't even know where the gears go in the rear, so its not even worth trying to explain it to you.
Plenty of people run in the 11s, but very few use slicks. And the VAST majority of the fast F-bodies running the stock 10-bolt are automatics. So I'm sticking by what I said.
Old 12-06-2010, 09:47 PM
Teching In

Funny how Hondas need thousands and thousands of dollars in mods to still run slower than a stock F-body. Not to mention modded Hondas are reliability nightmares, econo cars aren't meant to be made into drag cars. They fall apart
Im sure you have plenty of actual experience doing so to back that up. I've owned/own a stock honda that was turboed and had tons of passes on radials without a hickup. The built car also has never had a single issue.

Originally Posted by Wesmanw02

There are tons of hondas running 10s on stock trannys, axles and open diffs. Preloading the drivetrain is similar.

Your who argument is "LoLLoL Ricer!!"
Old 12-06-2010, 10:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Im sure you have plenty of actual experience doing so to back that up. I've owned/own a stock honda that was turboed and had tons of passes on radials without a hickup. The built car also has never had a single issue.
And we all know thats a huge load of bullshit.

I helped my friend build a turbo B18/VTEC bubble. Nothing but problems. Oil leaks, cracked a ringland, blew a piston, spun a rod bearing, all on separate occassions. Transmission blew up, and its final time at the track it snapped an axle. They are cheaply built cars that are not designed to go fast or make power.

There are tons of hondas running 10s on stock trannys, axles and open diffs. Preloading the drivetrain is similar.
Bullshit. You're talking about a drivetrain thats designed to hold 90HP and 75ft/lbs or torque. Yet you're going to pretend its strong enough to run 10 second 1/4 miles. A GM 7.5" 10 bolt is considered "weak" in comparison to the likes of Ford 8.8s, Dana 60s, and Ford 9" rears, but its positively massive when compared to anything Honda has ever built. The fastest Honda in the world still wouldn't have enough torque to snap a GM 7.5".

Your who argument is "LoLLoL Ricer!!"
Next time you try and insult, make sure your statement at least makes sense first
Old 12-06-2010, 10:18 PM
***Repost Police***

Just because your friend's car blew up doesn't mean that they all do.
Old 12-06-2010, 10:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Brake boosting would have been the difference between the s2k staying next to the Z or losing by a car
And 1st gear at 40mph in a cammed C6Z instead of 2nd would have been the difference between what you just saw and another 1-2 cars on top.

If this was already posted, oh well. Im not reading 7 pages of ****.

Quick Reply: C6Z vs. 500hp Turbo S2k (vid)