Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

C6Z vs. 500hp Turbo S2k (vid)

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2010, 04:54 PM
***Repost Police***

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Aww... poor baby. Why don't you just stay out of the SR&K section, since all you seem to do is come into threads involving imports and bitch about them?
Old 12-04-2010, 07:01 PM
Launching!

Hey Wes I hate imports as well..POS IMHO for the most part. Even the supra is nothing more than a 35K POS to me...I realize Im in the minority but it's just the way I feel...

Why did I have a nsx????Cause to me it was a 90K exotic..Not an import...Despite the modern day price of 25K for a 91 nsx back in 1991-1993 they were 55-65K...being equivalent to 100K by todays $$$$$...So the nsx was special to me in that exotic way..

With that said to demonstrate that I clearly get were your coming from...As a street racer we have to give props were it's due...That last Turbo S@k that ran close to rsky's cammed Z06 and somehow lost to my nsx was a monster..500 rwhp and 2850 pounds..Cant really scoff at that..

The integra is a ugly lil car..Im in agreeance. I probally wouldnt even drive it personally EXCEPT FOR DAYS WHEN I WANT TO CATCH PEOPLE SLEEPIN...That lil ugly car at around 500 rwhp and I belieave 2700 pounds would beat 80% of us on this site..Again gotta give props were its due..

I hate them for my own personal reasons..mainly haveing to spend X amount of dollars just to have 400-500 rwhp and at that point your running on borrowed time..Well thats BS when you can buy a LS1 and do a head and cam package and hit 450 rwhp and have a completely reliable car...

Just MHO....But these guys deserve a lil respect despite the poor selection of vehicle to modify
Old 12-04-2010, 08:02 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by TheHitman
When you run Killemall run him from his roll (which is like 60/70mph lol) That should be about the sweet spot in your powerband and brake boost is *** so he can he that honda logo in front of him
How many times are you gonna say "brake boost" in this thread? I agree with him about the foreign cars making lots of dyno numbers but not putting out torque to get it moving. A friend of mine has a 300zx TT that put down 533rwhp, my C6 with the 150 shot makes high 400's. I beat him every time we raced, more that ten times. I like imports as much as american cars don't get me wrong. I think its funny hearing you say "brake boost", "brake boost", "brake boost", and it's only the people with foreign cars in their sig that are saying this, yet you say us GM drivers are biased? See what i'm saying
Old 12-04-2010, 08:05 PM
***Repost Police***

You wanna see GM drivers say "brake boost," talk to anybody with a large turbo. Or anybody with an STS turbo
Old 12-04-2010, 08:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by joeyballs
I gotta step in here, First of all, Is this S2000 stripped? If not its 2,900lbs at the lightest ........I have a 580HP Turbo S200O with 420 ft/lbs of torque, I step on it, and the car moves, and it moves rather quickly. I have yet to find a Z06 to have big enough ***** to pull away from me. Instantaneous torque or not, once my turbo fully spools, which takes all of 1-2 seconds, my car usually pulls away quite easily from "American N/A muscle".

I would say Gearing and Aerodynamics have more to do with a slightly less powerful Z06 walking a slightly higher horsepower S2000

That being said, there is something to be said for huge displacement motors, the amount of Torque a Viper makes is just F---- awesome, and is the reason why the ACR is the first car I would buy if I won the Lottery (or made enough money to buy any car I wanted, lol)

Here is my car in case ya live in the Northeast and ever see me on the highway

ok so i know i'm going to get bitched at by the "forum police" nerds for double posting or whatever, but i had to because that car is BADASS, love that look man. All blacked out sleeper...very very sharp

Last edited by cody123; 12-04-2010 at 08:09 PM. Reason: type
Old 12-04-2010, 08:19 PM
Teching In

Hypocrite. Lol

Originally Posted by Killemall
Hey Wes I hate imports as well..POS IMHO for the most part. Even the supra is nothing more than a 35K POS to me...I realize Im in the minority but it's just the way I feel...

Why did I have a nsx????Cause to me it was a 90K exotic..Not an import...Despite the modern day price of 25K for a 91 nsx back in 1991-1993 they were 55-65K...being equivalent to 100K by todays $$$$$...So the nsx was special to me in that exotic way..

With that said to demonstrate that I clearly get were your coming from...As a street racer we have to give props were it's due...That last Turbo S@k that ran close to rsky's cammed Z06 and somehow lost to my nsx was a monster..500 rwhp and 2850 pounds..Cant really scoff at that..

The integra is a ugly lil car..Im in agreeance. I probally wouldnt even drive it personally EXCEPT FOR DAYS WHEN I WANT TO CATCH PEOPLE SLEEPIN...That lil ugly car at around 500 rwhp and I belieave 2700 pounds would beat 80% of us on this site..Again gotta give props were its due..

I hate them for my own personal reasons..mainly haveing to spend X amount of dollars just to have 400-500 rwhp and at that point your running on borrowed time..Well thats BS when you can buy a LS1 and do a head and cam package and hit 450 rwhp and have a completely reliable car...

Just MHO....But these guys deserve a lil respect despite the poor selection of vehicle to modify
Old 12-04-2010, 10:34 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by the-s2k
by all means ill run any car, hopefully you live in hawaii so i can run your viper so to say, but for turbo set up its gt35r and i can always turn the boost up to make it 600 easy but it would be no fun, i like to second guess if im going to win. but good run rsky hopefully ill be seeing the viper soon.
Wait... I thought this was all filmed in Mexico??? Lol!!!
Old 12-04-2010, 10:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
You wanna see GM drivers say "brake boost," talk to anybody with a large turbo. Or anybody with an STS turbo
And how often do you hear someone with one of those kits bitching about losing a race and making up the bullshit excuse that they lost because they didn't "brake boost"?? Never, because only a ricer would say that.

Aww... poor baby. Why don't you just stay out of the SR&K section, since all you seem to do is come into threads involving imports and bitch about them?
Looks like someone is butthurt and can't come back with a decent response as usual

Things around here never change, its always the same people "giving props", which in reality of course means "swinging nuts"
Old 12-04-2010, 11:10 PM
On The Tree

Forst of all, you guys have it all wrong. Civics and Integra's are gay!! Period. S2000's are nice, and they were built as a sports car. I wouldn't mind having a built turboe'd S2000. However, I think I would take a C6Zo6 any day over it. Looks way more mean and bad ***. Especially when it got some blacked out tails and some nice wheels and tires. But, I'm in love with post 97 corvettes and the early 90's vipers.

These days, you can find an LS1 Z28 for nearly 4k. Riced out honda's cost just as much and most aren't even turbo charged. Their engines cost more than an LT1 and don't produce half the power. My Lt1 has about 400hp to the crank. The average na honda motor has 120. I don't know why guys my age are so into them.

However, it would be nice to have a sleeper just to bet against people!
Old 12-05-2010, 12:02 AM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by ryanisfast
Forst of all, you guys have it all wrong. Civics and Integra's are gay!! Period. S2000's are nice, and they were built as a sports car. I wouldn't mind having a built turboe'd S2000. However, I think I would take a C6Zo6 any day over it. Looks way more mean and bad ***. Especially when it got some blacked out tails and some nice wheels and tires. But, I'm in love with post 97 corvettes and the early 90's vipers.

These days, you can find an LS1 Z28 for nearly 4k. Riced out honda's cost just as much and most aren't even turbo charged. Their engines cost more than an LT1 and don't produce half the power. My Lt1 has about 400hp to the crank. The average na honda motor has 120. I don't know why guys my age are so into them.

The average LT1 doesn't have 400hp to the crank... and the average N/A Honda motor is quite a bit more than 120hp, considering there are 300hp N/A Hondas from the factory. I understand your loyalties, but trying to make one brand bad while hyping up another does nothing to help your cause. As for you Wesman, and me coming up with a "decent response," there is absolutely nothing I can say that will change your mind. So why bother? I think that's pretty logical.
Old 12-05-2010, 03:39 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by cody123
How many times are you gonna say "brake boost" in this thread? I agree with him about the foreign cars making lots of dyno numbers but not putting out torque to get it moving. A friend of mine has a 300zx TT that put down 533rwhp, my C6 with the 150 shot makes high 400's. I beat him every time we raced, more that ten times. I like imports as much as american cars don't get me wrong. I think its funny hearing you say "brake boost", "brake boost", "brake boost", and it's only the people with foreign cars in their sig that are saying this, yet you say us GM drivers are biased? See what i'm saying

I have a GM car dude. I am just talking from my experience driving small displacement cars that use turbos. It works and it makes a big difference in how they perform, thats why all the people on here who own foreign cars say that. Brake boosting doesn't do **** for a naturally aspirated, supercharged or car on nitrous. 300zxs weigh 3400lbs compared to 3100lbs for a C6. I am curious about when you raced him. How did you race him (roll, dig)? What speeds did you race him at if you were roll racing. And when did I say GM guys are biased?

Last edited by TheHitman; 12-05-2010 at 05:16 AM.
Old 12-05-2010, 10:58 AM
Teching In

The intelligence portrayed in this thread is astounding...

Originally Posted by Wesmanw02
You can't call anyone an idiot when you have a piece of **** integra and civic in your sig. That just screams "ricer moron".

A 2 step isn't brake boosting. Its a 2 stage rev limiter, since you obviously don't understand that there is a difference. Using a 2 step to launch is one thing, riding the brakes on the highway to spool your oversized turbo is another.

Go away zero post troll.
Both used to spool the turbo, are not the same thing? Both make the difference between winning and losing in a turbo car making power.

Originally Posted by Wesmanw02
Of course they cost less, they are piece of **** foreign economy cars. Never designed to look nice or go fast. They are designed to save fuel, thats it.

I'm really scared of his 13.55 time too, thats just too damn fast
It was my first time to the track with the car on street tires and ***** cold out. Need seat time.

Originally Posted by Killemall

Different strokes for different folks.

Originally Posted by cody123
Why do muscle people hang on to that torque number like it means something? Clearly having 150-200 more ft-lbs made no difference between the z06 and s2k in this race. Its nice for cruising around town but when your WOT power is power.

Because, you know, s2000s and C6z06s are def. in the same class

Hondas get a bad rep because most of the people who buy them cant afford anything else. So you get a large crowd of lower income, undereducated monkeys running around with cheap cars thinking they are fast because they dont know anything better. I picked a honda when I was in high school because I like the way they looked primarily, easy to work on, reliable, fun to drive, and generally cheap.

And I dont know how anyone can think a 4th gen Camaro is a good looking car. Fast, but ugly. But opinions suck.
Old 12-05-2010, 05:10 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by LightningTeg
It was my first time to the track with the car on street tires and ***** cold out. Need seat time.
You don't need to defend yourself. His car made 341whp and according to his profile went 13.3@108. If you put some rubber on that ricer you'd destroy him from a dig or roll. Hell you trapped 7mph more than he did on only 15psi, never mind what the difference would be on your real tune.

Everyone acts like they have a donkey dick on the web, he's just another bolt-on LS1 owner who is quick to talk **** about a "ricer" that would pull a train-length on him. Killemall's responses to your viper kill were priceless. It HAD to be poorly driven, eben the clean runs, SOMETHING had to be wrong, a civic can't be faster than a "real car" with torque!

Why do muscle people hang on to that torque number like it means something? Clearly having 150-200 more ft-lbs made no difference between the z06 and s2k in this race. Its nice for cruising around town but when your WOT power is power.
Wait, you don't do 40mph rolls in 5th gear?
Old 12-05-2010, 05:13 PM
***Repost Police***

He's quite literally the most predictable person on this forum. If it has ANYTHING to do with an import car, he's hating on it.
Old 12-05-2010, 07:03 PM
On The Tree

The average LT1 doesn't have 400hp to the crank... and the average N/A Honda motor is quite a bit more than 120hp, considering there are 300hp N/A Hondas from the factory. I understand your loyalties, but trying to make one brand bad while hyping up another does nothing to help your cause. As for you Wesman, and me coming up with a "decent response," there is absolutely nothing I can say that will change your mind. So why bother? I think that's pretty logical.
Yeah, the average riced out mid 90's honda does have 120hp. LT1 costs about $900 or so for a decent ruunning longblock with 300hp. A K20 or H22 or b18, whatever with crazy cams and vtec, has about 180hp and zilch for torque costs a lot more than that. don't get me wrong, I've personally seen many fast ricers, and the fast ones aren't really ricers, but there are so many guys that race their sohc non vtech 1.5L hondas that give honda owners a bad rep in my eyes.

Obviously, my car isn't stock, but the point is, when young people are looking for speed, I don't know why they waste their time on FWD, slow non-turbo four bangers... I did my honework when I was 18. I found out that the lt1 camaro's and trans ams were the best bag for the buck for a 6 speed and lsd rwd. I hated the look of the camaro's so I got a trans am, although Really, the best looking F-bodies IMO are the 98-02 WS6's.

What sports car in the US does Honda sell that has 300hp??? and if it does, you better believe the engine costs 6k! more than the cost of my car! Pathetic IMO. If I wanted a sleeper, I'd build a Turbo Saturn SL2!

Look for a 92 on up riced out Honda with a piddly 1.6L na souped up, owered, on craiglist. I bet they're asking the same as a 93 camaro Z28 with a 6speed...
Old 12-05-2010, 07:20 PM
***Repost Police***

Yeah, the average riced out mid 90's honda does have 120hp. LT1 costs about $900 or so for a decent ruunning longblock with 300hp. A K20 or H22 or b18, whatever with crazy cams and vtec, has about 180hp and zilch for torque costs a lot more than that. don't get me wrong, I've personally seen many fast ricers, and the fast ones aren't really ricers, but there are so many guys that race their sohc non vtech 1.5L hondas that give honda owners a bad rep in my eyes.

Obviously, my car isn't stock, but the point is, when young people are looking for speed, I don't know why they waste their time on FWD, slow non-turbo four bangers... I did my honework when I was 18. I found out that the lt1 camaro's and trans ams were the best bag for the buck for a 6 speed and lsd rwd. I hated the look of the camaro's so I got a trans am, although Really, the best looking F-bodies IMO are the 98-02 WS6's.

What sports car in the US does Honda sell that has 300hp??? and if it does, you better believe the engine costs 6k! more than the cost of my car! Pathetic IMO. If I wanted a sleeper, I'd build a Turbo Saturn SL2!

Look for a 92 on up riced out Honda with a piddly 1.6L na souped up, owered, on craiglist. I bet they're asking the same as a 93 camaro Z28 with a 6speed...
The error in your thinking is saying "Honda" and meaning a 1.5l '92 Civic.
Old 12-05-2010, 07:31 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by TheHitman
I have a GM car dude. I am just talking from my experience driving small displacement cars that use turbos. It works and it makes a big difference in how they perform, thats why all the people on here who own foreign cars say that. Brake boosting doesn't do **** for a naturally aspirated, supercharged or car on nitrous. 300zxs weigh 3400lbs compared to 3100lbs for a C6. I am curious about when you raced him. How did you race him (roll, dig)? What speeds did you race him at if you were roll racing. And when did I say GM guys are biased?
Didn't mean to say you said gm guys were biased. I'm saying all these guys defending honda civics, and integra's (which are NOT sports cars)...all these guys act the same way these redneck camaro owner's do that they argue with...its so damn funny to me to sit back and read these threads. Do you guys seriously not realize how the honda people sound the same as the camaro's guys..."my cars better than yours" attitude...grow up...every guy with a foreign car in the avatar or profile, defends their brand to the death...yet when a GM person does that, they gid ridiculed..and vica versa..seriously grow up...btw im not talkin about u hitman, thanks for the pm by the way
Old 12-05-2010, 07:37 PM
***Repost Police***

F-bodies aren't sports cars either
Old 12-05-2010, 07:40 PM
On The Tree

The error in your thinking is saying "Honda" and meaning a 1.5l '92 Civic.
It can be an RSX with a K22 or K20, whatever is in it. The engines are still very expensive and have now power... S2000 are weak in stock trim also. I would be happy if Honda could come out with a really nice powerful sports car. Even their NSX was weak...power wise, it didn't stand with any other supercars in the power department. A stock Fbody could do the same 1/4 mile time as an NSX. Don't get me wrong, I'd take the NSX any day over my Trans Am. Power isn't everything. I'm just making a point.

Maybe down in Texas, where you live, there aren't as many lowered hondas running around. Up here in WA, this is what we have... honda's everywhere, sti's, evo's. then you have all these ricers talking about how cool it is to jack a b18 from some other guys integra. It pisses me off first of all that these guys are stealing. then it pisses me off more that they care so much about stealing a car or an engine that puts 120whp to the ground in their 92 hatch! These guy think it's fast. 240's...same deal RB this RB that. You have to spend soo much just to get those cars to do anything fun. 240's don't even have an lsd stock!

I guess I should be glad that everyone around my area is trying to steal honda engines, that way I know my car is safe... I've had imports and I like them. I just don't like a lot of the culture and the attitude associated with the Honda's.
Old 12-05-2010, 07:40 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Beans
You don't need to defend yourself. His car made 341whp and according to his profile went 13.3@108. If you put some rubber on that ricer you'd destroy him from a dig or roll. Hell you trapped 7mph more than he did on only 15psi, never mind what the difference would be on your real tune.

Everyone acts like they have a donkey dick on the web, he's just another bolt-on LS1 owner who is quick to talk **** about a "ricer" that would pull a train-length on him. Killemall's responses to your viper kill were priceless. It HAD to be poorly driven, eben the clean runs, SOMETHING had to be wrong, a civic can't be faster than a "real car" with torque!

Wait, you don't do 40mph rolls in 5th gear?

my point exactly...."just another bolt on ls1 owner talking ****" "a civic can't be faster than a real car"......blah blah grow up ...bring your civic/integra junk up here and i'll show you what torque is just got my 200 shot on my 07 today. I'll give you a lesson in Torque 101....I'd also be willing to give you ...Handling 101, braking 101, aerodynamics 101 all of which your car needs badly which is why i consider my car a "real" car and your guys's civics and integra's...well....guess i call them fast civic and integras, cause at the end of the day thats all you have is a car that goes fast in a straight line and is worth less than my wheels and tires even after you put 6g's in the motor. I can respect a fast car but you guys that act like you throw a huge turbo on a FWD honda civic and it's Z06 territory get real

Quick Reply: C6Z vs. 500hp Turbo S2k (vid)