Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

**Official Winter Beater Kills Thread**

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 09:26 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Beans
Took the insignificant other out to a comedy show last night so i took the Talon out of the garage and got salt all over it.

02ish Maxima decided to downshift and pass aggressively on the highway to show me what a VQ35 with a cat-back sounds like. I decided to chase him and show him what 30psi sounds like.

75mph with very little room to run, 3 honks and we're off. I put 3 cars on him in as many seconds and ran out of room. He pulled back along side looking kind of dumbfounded, and i took my exit.

Shitty story, but it's winter in New England so i'll take whatever i can get. Winter for a racer in the northeast is like being single and on a drought. Gotta smash what you can, even if it's less than ideal.
Old 01-14-2011, 02:34 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WSsick
He pussied out when I asked to race, so no chance. He started talking **** again and I told him I wanted to run for $300 but he never took it. His parents would have had to buy him a 2JZ Supra, unless it's a non-turbo automatic. I'm sure those are cheap. I saw him mention it on facebook, but never saw any pics. I know if I had a 2JZ Poopra I'd be taking pics.

I'd take pictures of my Poopra reguardless of what motor it had, they're sexy lol. Why not run just for the hell of it especially when your talking so much ****.
Old 01-14-2011, 03:02 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Stocker94z
I'd take pictures of my Poopra reguardless of what motor it had, they're sexy lol. Why not run just for the hell of it especially when your talking so much ****.
Because deep down even his dumbass knows that he'd lose. I posted those vids of him losing to my friend, and then 1 of me beating that car, so that probably scared him away.

Then a few months later that whole money race thing happened, and he didn't take the bait. He thought he could beat my friend's friend's 500awhp DSM . He truly is an idiot when it comes to anything car related, probably life in general too. I'd love to get in another race with him before I sell this car, but I doubt it'll happen. You should find out what he's driving.
Old 01-15-2011, 02:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ran an older Blazer SUV today in the Eclipse GS today for the win - all while blasting this song laughing how ridiculous it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQlIhraqL7o
Old 01-15-2011, 10:33 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
Ran an older Blazer SUV today in the Eclipse GS today for the win - all while blasting this song laughing how ridiculous it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQlIhraqL7o
Old 01-15-2011, 10:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

Bump...

Coming home from the in-laws I end up at a redlight. I always watch for the yellow since my cars are manuals. That way when it turns yellow I push in the clutch and put it in gear and get ready to leave. Well this time I did it but it was a delayed light. So I start to go and it stays red for a second. So I push the clutch back in and it turns green so I rev it back up higher to go. Well a Toyota Matrix with a red S (maybe S model?) thought I was racing so it gunned it. Before I noticed this I shifted into 2nd and fall back. He lets off and gets back beside me and then gives it gas to get me to notice him. I'm like "wtf is this guy trying to race me?" so I punch it and leave him in the dust in 2nd gear and let off. My wife said "Hopes thats not a cop or you're going to get pulled over for racing". I tell her "Thats the beauty of 140hp, I'm not speeding". But I figured the Matrix would have done better. How fast are they stock? My ***** REALLY slow.
Old 01-16-2011, 01:07 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WSsick
Because deep down even his dumbass knows that he'd lose. I posted those vids of him losing to my friend, and then 1 of me beating that car, so that probably scared him away.

Then a few months later that whole money race thing happened, and he didn't take the bait. He thought he could beat my friend's friend's 500awhp DSM . He truly is an idiot when it comes to anything car related, probably life in general too. I'd love to get in another race with him before I sell this car, but I doubt it'll happen. You should find out what he's driving.
He's dumber than I thought a 500awhp DSM? Ha that's Z06 turf. And I'll see what's he's driving know, I know some people who are good friends with him. I'd laugh if it's something stupid like an Integra... Haha jk.

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
Bump...

Coming home from the in-laws I end up at a redlight. I always watch for the yellow since my cars are manuals. That way when it turns yellow I push in the clutch and put it in gear and get ready to leave. Well this time I did it but it was a delayed light. So I start to go and it stays red for a second. So I push the clutch back in and it turns green so I rev it back up higher to go. Well a Toyota Matrix with a red S (maybe S model?) thought I was racing so it gunned it. Before I noticed this I shifted into 2nd and fall back. He lets off and gets back beside me and then gives it gas to get me to notice him. I'm like "wtf is this guy trying to race me?" so I punch it and leave him in the dust in 2nd gear and let off. My wife said "Hopes thats not a cop or you're going to get pulled over for racing". I tell her "Thats the beauty of 140hp, I'm not speeding". But I figured the Matrix would have done better. How fast are they stock? My ***** REALLY slow.
Integras aren't that slow, my friends auto 194xxx mile turd does better than expected.
Old 01-16-2011, 01:17 AM
***Repost Police***

Matrix XRS uses the 180hp motor from the Celica GT-S.
Old 01-16-2011, 11:26 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
So how'd I put such a hurtin on it?
Old 01-16-2011, 11:27 AM
***Repost Police***

Maybe he didn't give chase...?
Old 01-16-2011, 12:05 PM
12 Second Club

What do they weigh?
Old 01-16-2011, 12:08 PM
***Repost Police***

2800-3000lbs. I did a search, and the numbers were all over the place.
Old 01-16-2011, 01:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Maybe he didn't give chase. Not sure why since he's the one wanting to run. Then on the interstate he didn't want to play either.
Old 01-18-2011, 09:47 PM
TECH Resident

ran my 94 park avenue with a series 1 3800 against a friends 91 5speed miata with a header.

frum roll on highway at about 55mph i mashed the pedal and stoped the earths rotation, front end ripped to the right so i held the wheel to the left then started to get some wicked wheel hop. after i held in it for a while i grabbed traction but realized i had hit warp 9 and had to let out, the miata was hot on my trail but in the end i was about 1 car up till 80.
Old 01-19-2011, 02:22 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by black00TA
ran my 94 park avenue with a series 1 3800 against a friends 91 5speed miata with a header.

frum roll on highway at about 55mph i mashed the pedal and stoped the earths rotation, front end ripped to the right so i held the wheel to the left then started to get some wicked wheel hop. after i held in it for a while i grabbed traction but realized i had hit warp 9 and had to let out, the miata was hot on my trail but in the end i was about 1 car up till 80.
Your avatar pic is epic
Old 01-19-2011, 03:44 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
As long as you run premium gas. ECU will pull timing if you run 87oct in it.
Old 01-19-2011, 04:03 AM
***Repost Police***

yeah... but there's not really a reason to not use premium if your car is meant for it. It's like a 2-3 dollar difference per tank.
Old 01-21-2011, 10:09 AM
TECH Resident

Posted in the wrong thread buuuuuttttt......

I am buying a new DD and selling my current DD! lol

And it's again RED LOL

Last edited by sujomatt; 01-21-2011 at 10:22 AM.
Old 01-22-2011, 03:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by sujomatt
Posted in the wrong thread buuuuuttttt......

I am buying a new DD and selling my current DD! lol

And it's again RED LOL
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT???????? What are you getting? C'mon man spread the word!

EDIT: Nevermind....saw the S2000 in your sig. Thats awesome man! So are you keeping the camaro now?
Old 01-22-2011, 02:13 PM
12 Second Club

Sooo I might be taking the Focus off my dad's hands officially here soon. I was looking around and there's a decent aftermarket for them, and I don't like that I lost to my friend's Cobalt. Would you guys call me crazy for spending ~$1,000 on crap for that? Maybe a nitrous kit on top of that to make a 14 second beater??? I think I'm going nuts. (after the Z28 is gone obviously)

Quick Reply: **Official Winter Beater Kills Thread**