Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Ran up against another '11 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2010, 09:29 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well first you called me an *** for posting said above, then went back and changed it again. Maybe you should spend more time thinking about your post before you hit "submit" instead of blaming others for your mistakes ;-)

I was just wondering what happened to the post.

And I never claimed my 2v was fast. It's not. It's a daily driver. That doesn't mean it can't take stock LT1s.

Notice how quick my post came after yours?
Actually I had time to screenshot your post, take it into Photoshop, crop it, upload it, and post it before you replied again.

As for posting quotes...

Originally Posted by MauriSSio
2 valve vs lt1 is an extremely close race. owners of either cars can make valid arguments as to which is faster. I used to own an LT1 fbody and only raced one 2valve GT and i won but it was an extremely close race. Mine was an auto though, not sure what the GT was. The dude i beat swore up and down on the mustang boards that i was the first LT1 to beat him. On that run i pulled a 13.9@101 with intake and cutout & 2.73's .i dont know what his mods were if any.
Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Hell, my X-pipe/exhaust '98 GT stayed a car behind two LT1s from 40-110mph. BEFORE I did the PI intake/cam swap. But there's no way I would claim that car was as fast as an LT1. And it's fairly known and accepted that LT1 F-bodies (with the exception of the 96-97 SSs that people love to bring up) generally run dead-nuts with 99-04 GT 5spds.
Originally Posted by Mike Morris
Here on the east coast many 2valves(99 and up) ran 13s stock when they were new. In fact long time members of LS1tech may remember David T(can't remember his last name) who went high 12s in stock 98 stripper LS1 when they were new. He got a 99 GT stang 5 speed with temp tags to go 13.69 at MIR or Capital(can't remember which track) back in 99. Jack and tire in the car. I want to say Bob Cosby(who was a good driver with a 98 Cobra as well back then) did too in one but I can't remember. That was ages ago. Hell I have seen autos(99 and up) with 327s run low 14s stock too not a big deal.

Long time stang fans can remember the Mustang flame wars about how 96-98 Cobras were a good race for a 99 and up GT(which I thought the 98 Cobras were faster just tougher to get the number with due to being undergeared and low low end power).

I just can't see a full bolt on 99 and up GT beating a well driven stock stick 01 and up light Ls1 Fbody though...
And those are just the ones I found really quick.

Last edited by Ke^in; 12-30-2010 at 09:38 AM. Reason: oddwraith keeps editing his posts.
Old 12-30-2010, 09:39 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by mannyman84
was it even tuned? That thing moves!!

I see how u are, I've heard of your kind

I actually want to rent out a 5.0 and let one of my buddies drive it... And of course get some good vids
I didnt have the tune yet on that video, but it did roll out pretty good and it was an Auto
Old 12-30-2010, 09:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Ke^in
Well first you called me an *** for posting said above, then went back and changed it again. Maybe you should spend more time thinking about your post before you hit "submit" instead of blaming others for your mistakes ;-)

I was just wondering what happened to the post.

And I never claimed my 2v was fast. It's not. It's a daily driver. That doesn't mean it can't take stock LT1s.

Actually I had time to screenshot your post, take it into Photoshop, crop it, upload it, and post it before you replied again.

As for posting quotes...

And those are just the ones I found really quick.
First off, I didn't FIRST call you an *** my friend, I did so in response to your calling out my "post- delete"...***! Lol. Just kiddin' , I meant no offense dude. Maybe I should do as you say and make sure when I hit post, but we all can't be perfect like you . Sorry for making such a huge mistake, even though I tried to fix it by deleting it, sir. It was just my opinion from my own experience is all and the other quotes you posted from other members means nothing to me as far as what I believe the usual is. C'mon Ke^in, really? As far as the editing, all I did was delete my post to start again (that is what I was doing when you called me on it lol, that's why I said "notice how quick I posted after you did...it was only one minute later because I was almost ready to re-post it). All the other editing I did was in response to your editing actually, you changed your suggestions for me to make sure I'm ready to post into a lesson about me not blaming others lol.
I actually just posted AFTER reading your so -called "screen shot" lol, not before man. Also, 2valves were not as quick as lt1 were, that's the truth like it or not ...again. Your true colors really shine btw when the mighty 2valve comes up. Thanks for ALL your suggestions and such friend. I have noticed your editing as well sir. Lets just drop it Ke^in, I disagree with you based on my own experience. Get over it, it's not our fault what you drive for crying out loud ! Oh and before you mention it, so terribly sorry for disagreeing, it won't happen again...unless you talk about the 2vulva again. Just pm me if you have anything else to say. Its getting pathetic and people shouldn't have to screen through all this nonsense, especially the stuff about the 2valve being faster than an lt1 stock for stock...lol...ok ok now I'm just yankin' your chain. I am done.

Last edited by oddwraith; 12-30-2010 at 10:00 AM. Reason: oddwraith reserves the right to edit his posts, even when some people think they run the site :P
Old 12-30-2010, 09:59 AM
10 Second Club

Hmm.. what happened to this post?

Old 12-30-2010, 10:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

lol. Yup. Omg! Am I really the cause of your first post? I doubt that, I have seen you here before so what gives? Also, again. YES I deleted my initial post (that one right there^^^) but the option is there isn't it. I mean it's more of a thing where I thought I could word it better to avoid, well....all this lol. I actually delete my posts a little too often, to avoid **** storms sometimes, and sometimes because reading what you typed drunk the next day while you're sober makes you realize that it didn't come out right. But yeah man, the interwebz is a complicated place.

Last edited by oddwraith; 12-30-2010 at 10:07 AM.
Old 12-30-2010, 10:10 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by oddwraith
lol. Yup. Omg! Am I really the cause of your first post? I doubt that, I have seen you here before so what gives?
Posts in SR&K don't add to your post count, and i only post in SR&K.

I know what you mean about editing your post, i just can't believe that dude had a screenshot of it.
Old 12-30-2010, 10:12 AM
TECH Regular

First off, I didn't FIRST call you an *** my friend, I did so in response to your calling out my "post- delete"...***! Lol.
Just kiddin' , I meant no offense dude. Maybe I should do as you say and make sure when I hit post, but we all can't be perfect like you . Sorry for making such a huge mistake, even though I tried to fix it by deleting it, sir.
Um.. you were the one making a big deal out of it. I thought it was a forum error. I wasn't trying to "bust" you for anything. You were the one that got all smarmy first.
It was just my opinion from my own experience is all and the other quotes you posted from other members means nothing to me as far as what I believe the usual is.
You are going to believe what you want regardless of the facts. This is evident.
I actually just posted AFTER reading your so -called "screen shot" lol, not before man.
I reloaded before I posted said screenshot pic. You're post wasn't there. How can you have posted before my screenshot post when you posts is after it? You aren't making sense. Not that it matters... Again, I just wanted to know what happened to said post. You went into self defense mode and thought I was attacking you.
Also, 2valves were not as quick as lt1 were
Yes, yes they are. Were, now, always was.
that's the truth like it or not ...again. Your true colors really shine btw when the mighty 2valve comes up.
Projective nonsense. I was the one that brought it up Einstein. I am not the one whining that the 2v isn't as fast as an LT1. Neither of them are fast stock. Hell the LS1 fbody isn't considered fast stock now a days.
I have noticed your editing as well sir.
Because you kept editing your posts....
Get over it, it's not our fault what you drive for crying out loud !
That would insinuate that there was a fault to begin with.
Oh and before you mention it, so terribly sorry for disagreeing, it won't happen again...unless you talk about the 2vulva again. Just pm me if you have anything else to say. Its getting pathetic and people shouldn't have to screen through all this nonsense, especially the stuff about the 2valve being faster than an lt1 stock for stock...lol...ok ok now I'm just yankin' your chain. I am done.
I don't have a chain to yank. So are you basically admitting to just trolling?
Old 12-30-2010, 10:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Beans
Posts in SR&K don't add to your post count, and i only post in SR&K.

I know what you mean about editing your post, i just can't believe that dude had a screenshot of it.
Lol, I know I know. He's like that sometimes, but in general folks here like the guy. I don't bite on every remark because it's a thread killer and he's actually quite well informed. Yes I know how the posts work, and it doens't matter because the SR&K section is my favorite one to post in too.
_____________EDIT: Just read all that Ke^in, wow. Well, I thought you were busting my ***** so sorry, and I already apologized for calling you an ***, I was playin' man. As far as all the two valve stuff, I have to respectfully disagree, and many others here will too. No big deal. I'm not really worked up sir, I am a sarcastic sob sometimes keep in mind But anyways, like I said it be best to pm me. But I think we have it all cleared up, right?_____
Old 12-30-2010, 10:16 AM
TECH Regular

I actually have no problem with people editing their posts. I thought the post had been removed, or deleted. I was wondering why. What is so odd about a screenshot? It's actually saved my a$$ at work several times because of artwork errors.

Did I mention I was a graphic designer? Make more sense? ;-)
Old 12-30-2010, 10:19 AM
TECH Regular

and he's actually quite well informed
Not really.
Old 12-30-2010, 10:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Not really.
Old 12-30-2010, 10:24 AM
10 Second Club

I actually have no problem with people editing their posts. I thought the post had been removed, or deleted. I was wondering why. What is so odd about a screenshot? It's actually saved my a$$ at work several times because of artwork errors.

Did I mention I was a graphic designer? Make more sense? ;-)
Nothing's odd about screenshots, i use them also, but i can't say i've used one to hold someone to a post. That makes it seem like you were taking shots of his posts in case he edited them, which would mean you're taking the debate pretty seriously. Or did you take the shot after you noticed it disappear?
Old 12-30-2010, 10:53 AM
TECH Regular

but i can't say i've used one to hold someone to a post.
Neither have I.
Or did you take the shot after you noticed it disappear?
Bingo.
Old 12-30-2010, 10:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 12-30-2010, 11:09 AM
Teching In

Ke^in is there somthing you want to tell us....

Old 12-30-2010, 11:10 AM
10 Second Club

Bingo.
Ok, so you're not filthy, creepy, and weird.
Old 12-30-2010, 11:11 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by NiteRiderWS6
Ke^in is there somthing you want to tell us...
Yes, you make my anus tingle.

Ok, so you're not filthy, creepy, and weird.
Of course not.
Old 12-30-2010, 11:13 AM
10 Second Club

Yes, you make my anus tingle.

Of course not.
Lol, i'm just busting your *****.

Nice ironic post BTW.
Old 12-30-2010, 11:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

How fast were the "pre-edge" GTs (not the 5.0s)?
Old 12-30-2010, 11:48 AM
Launching!

How fast were the "pre-edge" GTs (not the 5.0s)?
93-95mph traps maybe,mid- high 14's??

Quick Reply: Ran up against another '11 5.0