Old 12-30-2010, 09:24 PM
***Repost Police***

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well hopefully I get this job that I applied for today
Old 12-30-2010, 10:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
It had 3.27s (which other 94-98 cars did not come with), and low options. I also knew when to shift it. And like I said, it had a K&N, X-pipe, and turndowns, and I also took the ~15lb dogbone dampener off the rear diff. So it was maybe 50-60lbs lighter than factory stock. I ran it at the local 1/8 mile track the first summer I bought it, and it ran consistent 9.3-9.4 @ 75mph. Which in-itself is good for a 14s timeslip. But that night was also when I discovered the coolant leak from the intake manifold thermostat housing, which was running into one of my spark plug holes and causing an intermittent misfire. So with a bit more practice and a healthy, car... 14.5-14.6 @ 95mph, like I said. Other bone stock cars have run 14.7-14.8.
is that supposed to be good for those? Idk that's why I ask. Because my GTA would run a 9.2 9.3 at around 74mph. And a best of 9.1
Old 12-30-2010, 10:17 PM
11 Second Club

It had 3.27s (which other 94-98 cars did not come with), and low options. I also knew when to shift it. And like I said, it had a K&N, X-pipe, and turndowns, and I also took the ~15lb dogbone dampener off the rear diff. So it was maybe 50-60lbs lighter than factory stock. I ran it at the local 1/8 mile track the first summer I bought it, and it ran consistent 9.3-9.4 @ 75mph. Which in-itself is good for a 14s timeslip. But that night was also when I discovered the coolant leak from the intake manifold thermostat housing, which was running into one of my spark plug holes and causing an intermittent misfire. So with a bit more practice and a healthy, car... 14.5-14.6 @ 95mph, like I said. Other bone stock cars have run 14.7-14.8.
They're closer to a low 15 second car stock. I remember seeing the guys at MM&FF struggle to get 14's out of a stock '98 5spd. They got 14.99. They laughed at how slow it was.

Im pretty sure the gear ratios for 96-98 were 2.73, 3.08, and 3.27.
Old 12-30-2010, 11:22 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by mannyman84
is that supposed to be good for those? Idk that's why I ask. Because my GTA would run a 9.2 9.3 at around 74mph. And a best of 9.1
Low-mid 9s in the 1/8 is good for a high 14s car.
Originally Posted by LT/LS Guy
They're closer to a low 15 second car stock. I remember seeing the guys at MM&FF struggle to get 14's out of a stock '98 5spd. They got 14.99. They laughed at how slow it was.

Im pretty sure the gear ratios for 96-98 were 2.73, 3.08, and 3.27.
I've seen sources that said 3.27s weren't available till late '98, and I've seen sources that said they were available '96-'98. I just know that mine had 3.27s. And I also know that magazine times aren't the end-all-be-all, and that car owners routinely get better times than magazines.
Old 12-30-2010, 11:40 PM
***Repost Police***

Did a quick search to make sure I wasn't losing my mind... people on allfordmustangs.com are saying the same thing as me.

Originally Posted by Quick4.6
My near stock (MAC catted h-pipe, K&N) '98 GT with a 5 speed ran consistent 14.5s at 96.xx. This was in good weather with low density altitude.
http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...-mile-ets.html
Old 12-31-2010, 08:09 AM
Launching!

Did a quick search to make sure I wasn't losing my mind... people on allfordmustangs.com are saying the same thing as me.

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...-mile-ets.html
You used to have pretty good info on the 2v stangs, but now your starting to sound like a tool shed,quit while your behind
Old 12-31-2010, 09:15 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by RED94Z28
You used to have pretty good info on the 2v stangs, but now your starting to sound like a tool shed,quit while your behind
He still has good 2v info. Nothing he said was lying. The only difference is your attitude.
Old 12-31-2010, 09:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

I think what I was getting at was that two valve GTs weren't fast/quick in their day. Hell GTPs were giving them a run for it in 97 . Their competition (Lt1 in pre-97/ ls1 in post 97) always beat them by a considerable margin when comparing like-years-not by a tick or two either. That's why I asked the guys here about ets; the fact is that an average well driven lt1 would run a flat or very low 14-the comparable mustang of those years would not. A well driven average ls1 would run a 13.4-13.6, the comparalbe 2 valve GT of those years would not, and would not even average that with the 3valve incidentally. I was running these cars back in the day as a man in his twenties, not as a child 16 years old. I know what I remember and I don't remember any two valves ever being competion for fbodys stock for stock, ever! Dead thread!
Old 12-31-2010, 10:07 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by oddwraith
I think what I was getting at was that two valve GTs weren't fast/quick in their day. Hell GTPs were giving them a run for it in 97 . Their competition (Lt1 in pre-97/ ls1 in post 97) always beat them by a considerable margin when comparing like-years-not by a tick or two either. That's why I asked the guys here about ets; the fact is that an average well driven lt1 would run a flat or very low 14-the comparable mustang of those years would not. A well driven average ls1 would run a 13.4-13.6, the comparalbe 2 valve GT of those years would not, and would not even average that with the 3valve incidentally. I was running these cars back in the day as a man in his twenties, not as a child 16 years old. I know what I remember and I don't remember any two valves ever being competion for fbodys stock for stock, ever! Dead thread!
Good point! I think New Edge GT guys often forget the LT1 F-body hit showrooms in 1992, lol, yet I for some reason only hear 2V owners comparing their cars to LT1's. Their competition for '99 was the LS1 Z28 in which we all know wasn't even worth talking about.
Old 12-31-2010, 10:22 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Ke^in
Not very impressive considering a bolt-on 2v will keep up with/beat a stock LS1.
Had to quote this again

I know five people with 2v 2001 and 2002 gt's and the fastest one with full exhaust no cats 3.73 gears dr's preditor tune plenum k&n filter and I think throttle body still has hit only at best 13.6 with a 1.8 60'. The altitude is low at Cecil to and thats not beating a ls1
Old 12-31-2010, 10:23 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by m_liel
Good point! I think New Edge GT guys often forget the LT1 F-body hit showrooms in 1992, lol, yet I for some reason only hear 2V owners comparing their cars to LT1's. Their competition for '99 was the LS1 Z28 in which we all know wasn't even worth talking about.
the 2valve dudes compare their cars to the LT1 because they were dead even with them. I never owned a 2 valve GT but i owned an LT1 and i compared the car to the 2valve because they were generally the same speed and were good competition for eachother. I didnt compare the LS1 vs the LT1 so much because the LS1 was too fast and out of the league of the LT1, much like LS1 owners dont really like to talk about the 03 Cobras.
Old 12-31-2010, 10:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

I don't see how it's the same No one is comparing ls1 to lt1, or comparing ls1 to terminator (since they wouldn't have been out yet). I personally was comparing two valves to their GM rivals (of the same years preferably-otherwise what's the point I guess?). I mean GM didn't have anything in '03 (Ford was a little late with the mach and termi imo, but whatever). When I had my lt1, I compared it to what was out and available at the time (which was not a PI version).
Old 12-31-2010, 10:36 AM
Launching!

I don't see how it's the same No one is comparing ls1 to lt1, or comparing ls1 to terminator (since they wouldn't have been out yet). I personally was comparing two valves to their GM rivals (of the same years preferably-otherwise what's the point I guess?). I mean GM didn't have anything in '03 (Ford was a little late with the mach and termi imo, but whatever). When I had my lt1, I compared it to what was out and available at the time (which was not a PI version).
dont use that excuse, termis were made and sold at the same time as LS1's were still on the lots.Just like theres been 2011 Mustangs out for pretty much the whole year while 2011 camaros are just coming out. 2012 Mustangs are actually gonna start production soon, so trying to use the whole "compare same year" schtick isnt really comparing with whats actually out.
Old 12-31-2010, 10:38 AM
Launching!

i didnt compare my LT1 to the 96-98 because the camaro was hands down faster. The cobra of those years though were actually a lil quicker than the LT1
Old 12-31-2010, 10:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I still think that a very well driven LS1 with minor mods (k&n, cat-back, ud pulley) could still give a termi a good fight but the termi will pull away the longer the race goes.
Old 12-31-2010, 11:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MauriSSio
dont use that excuse, termis were made and sold at the same time as LS1's were still on the lots.Just like theres been 2011 Mustangs out for pretty much the whole year while 2011 camaros are just coming out. 2012 Mustangs are actually gonna start production soon, so trying to use the whole "compare same year" schtick isnt really comparing with whats actually out.
Who's using excuses here? I think you brought up the first few didn't you? I mean really, why would I need to lol? I made my point and you can't dispute that or those facts soo....? Now what? Don't turn it into a termi/ls1 convo, that wasn't what I meant dude. Of course termis were faster, but GM gave up first didn't they? Nice failed attempt at redirection. I don't need excuses to claim fact my friend, now don't get your panties in a knot over the truth now
Old 12-31-2010, 11:06 AM
Teching In

the 2valve dudes compare their cars to the LT1 because they were dead even with them. I never owned a 2 valve GT but i owned an LT1 and i compared the car to the 2valve because they were generally the same speed and were good competition for eachother. I didnt compare the LS1 vs the LT1 so much because the LS1 was too fast and out of the league of the LT1, much like LS1 owners dont really like to talk about the 03 Cobras.
I must have missed your point with that post.

^^Exactly my point!

i didnt compare my LT1 to the 96-98 because the camaro was hands down faster. The cobra of those years though were actually a lil quicker than the LT1
Technically your LT1 was in direct competition with the 96-98 GT no matter how slow the Ford was. And fwiw the '96-97 SS outperformed the 96/97 Cobra in all aspects of the game.
Old 12-31-2010, 11:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

I must have missed your point with that post.

^^Exactly my point!

Technically your LT1 was in direct competition with the 96-98 GT no matter how slow the Ford was. And fwiw the '96-97 SS outperformed the 96/97 Cobra in all aspects of the game.
Good point again. Or wait, was that an excuse . lol Just kiddin' man.
Old 12-31-2010, 11:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Well finally ford did something right and GM is falling back since they want to make the new Camaro a huge pig. Why not just give it to them? Poor ford guys! They finally have something to look up to. And yeah the termi was out before, but honestly I've seen more 5.0's out in the street now then I have termi's.
Old 12-31-2010, 11:16 AM
Launching!

from my experience my regular ole 96 Z28 kept up and was actually faster than the 96 SS on the top end. My friends 1998 cobra would walk away slowly at about 60
Who's using excuses here? I think you brought up the first few didn't you? I mean really, why would I need to lol? I made my point and you can't dispute that or those facts soo....? Now what? Don't turn it into a termi/ls1 convo, that wasn't what I meant dude. Of course termis were faster, but GM gave up first didn't they? Nice failed attempt at redirection. I don't need excuses to claim fact my friend, now don't get your panties in a knot over the truth now
GM did give up first, but dont hide from the fact that the Termis were around in 02'to stomp on the F-Body before it died.

Originally Posted by mannyman84
Well finally ford did something right and GM is falling back since they want to make the new Camaro a huge pig. Why not just give it to them? Poor ford guys! They finally have something to look up to. And yeah the termi was out before, but honestly I've seen more 5.0's out in the street now then I have termi's.
thats weird, i see Termis and C6 Z06's and 2010+ Camaros damned near everyday but i never see 5.0s. They must not be popular in the bay area. And they had to go another direction with the camaro. They couldnt use the same failed formula so they went IRS and more GT styled car. Its a good car.

Last edited by MauriSSio; 12-31-2010 at 11:23 AM.

Quick Reply: Ran up against another '11 5.0