Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Ran up against another '11 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2010, 01:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LT/LS Guy
This is true! I wen't 13.70's at 104 in my old '97 SS as well. Car was fully optioned w/ the exception of ASR. Those cars are so rare that most people just aren't up on what they can do.
Those times look right on!

Originally Posted by MauriSSio
while i dont doubt those times, those trap speeds seem kinda high are awfully close to LS1 territory. what have you ran in your ls1?
My LS1 Formula wen't 13.3 @ 107 bone-stock March '99.

Hate to magazine race but I don't have any of the data collected from my old LT1 SS. Here is MotorWeek '96 SS running a horrible 14.0 but trapping 104mph.

skip to 1:33http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKcdR6ErabI
Old 12-31-2010, 02:06 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by RED94Z28
You used to have pretty good info on the 2v stangs, but now your starting to sound like a tool shed,quit while your behind
So I'm using actual times that my car and other people's cars with similar mods (or lack thereof) ACTUALLY ran at the track, thrown up against opinion and magazine times... and I'M the "tool shed" who is "behind?" How does that work?
Old 12-31-2010, 02:15 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by m_liel
Those times look right on!

My LS1 Formula wen't 13.3 @ 107 bone-stock March '99.

Hate to magazine race but I don't have any of the data collected from my old LT1 SS. Here is MotorWeek '96 SS running a horrible 14.0 but trapping 104mph.

skip to 1:33http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKcdR6ErabI
hmmm, i wonder why the ws6's were so slow
Old 12-31-2010, 03:55 PM
TECH Junkie

Thread went from LS1 vs. 5.0L, to LT1's capability, to LT1 vs. 2v, to 2v capability.... I love this place.
Old 12-31-2010, 04:05 PM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

hmmm, i wonder why the ws6's were so slow
Weight? Fastest f bod would be a Formula due to having nothing on it. The "packages" for the f bods were a joke and meant nothing in performance.
Old 12-31-2010, 04:06 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ke^in
13.9 was the best I could do out of three runs. The only mod I had/have in my car is a MGW STS.
Lemme guess, you just somehow someway magically lost that 13-second timeslip didn't you?
Old 12-31-2010, 04:09 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by necrocannibal
Weight? Fastest f bod would be a Formula due to having nothing on it. The "packages" for the f bods were a joke and meant nothing in performance.
Your a fool if you think intake/free-flowing exhaust, short-throw shifter, suspension/chassis upgrades and wider 17" tires "were a joke and meant nothing in performance". How does one make such a stupid comment is beyond me.
Old 12-31-2010, 04:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by BLWNV10
Your a fool if you think intake/free-flowing exhaust, short-throw shifter, suspension/chassis upgrades and wider 17" tires "were a joke and meant nothing in performance". How does one make such a stupid comment is beyond me.
Don't put it past him...he is good at it.
Old 12-31-2010, 04:33 PM
10 Second Club

You are a fool to think they mean ****. All Ive owned is f bodies my entire life and believe me the WS6 is no faster than the Formula and the SS is no faster than the Z28. It was a gimmick by GM to charge more money. You have no idea what you are talking about. As a matter of fact my 01 WS6 dynoed within 1 HP of my friends 01 T/A on the same dyno back to back.
Old 12-31-2010, 04:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

do you think LT1 WS6's were slow in comparison then??
Yep, LT1 WS6's blow
Old 12-31-2010, 04:46 PM
Staging Lane

You are a fool to think they mean ****. All Ive owned is f bodies my entire life and believe me the WS6 is no faster than the Formula and the SS is no faster than the Z28. It was a gimmick by GM to charge more money. You have no idea what you are talking about. As a matter of fact my 01 WS6 dynoed within 1 HP of my friends 01 T/A on the same dyno back to back.
Were talking LT1's NOT LS1's!!! The same rules do not apply.

That right there says a lot about how much you know.
Old 12-31-2010, 04:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Sounds like you've never owned an Fbody...
The "free-flowing" intake and exhaust were a joke (unless they were SLP options), the "short shifter" was still like rowing a boat, the suspension/chassis upgrades included a 2mm bigger front swaybar, less shitty, but still horrible revalved decarbon shocks (unless again you get an slp optioned car with bilstiens which were good for a factory shock). The larger/wider wheels were the only thing that made a noticeable difference.
If you want to talk in terms of factory options, the 1LE option was the only one worth a damn IMO because you actually got good suspension out of that, with a lighter weight package.
Old 12-31-2010, 04:50 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
The "free-flowing" intake and exhaust were a joke (unless they were SLP options), the "short shifter" was still like rowing a boat, the suspension/chassis upgrades included a 2mm bigger front swaybar, less shitty, but still horrible revalved decarbon shocks (unless again you get an slp optioned car with bilstiens which were good for a factory shock). The larger/wider wheels were the only thing that made a noticeable difference.
If you want to talk in terms of factory options, the 1LE option was the only one worth a damn IMO because you actually got good suspension out of that, with a lighter weight package.
Get out of here with your knowledge and non speculation. F body is an f body.
Old 12-31-2010, 05:16 PM
***Repost Police***

I'm still waiting for an answer to my question...
Originally Posted by Irunelevens
So I'm using actual times that my car and other people's cars with similar mods (or lack thereof) ACTUALLY ran at the track, thrown up against opinion and magazine times... and I'M the "tool shed" who is "behind?" How does that work?
Old 12-31-2010, 05:23 PM
10 Second Club

Were talking LT1's NOT LS1's!!! The same rules do not apply.
LOL actually it was the same with the LT1s as well.
Old 12-31-2010, 06:30 PM
Staging Lane

Sounds like you've never owned an LT1 SS. Too bad I have...not one, but two.

And to say "unless they were SLP options" makes it as clear as daylight you have no idea WTF your talking about. SLP designed the intake themselves dodo head, as well as the 2 on the Left cat-back. No need to take it any further with you.

The next person that tries to debate utter non-sense with me HAD BETTER OWNED A LT1 SS!
Old 12-31-2010, 06:35 PM
Staging Lane

LOL actually it was the same with the LT1s as well.
LT1's and LS1's aren't the same, sorry to be the first to break it to you.
Old 12-31-2010, 06:38 PM
11 Second Club

No you did not just call the SLP 2OTL exhaust a joke. That still to this day is one of the best "stock" cat-backs ever made noob.
Old 12-31-2010, 06:50 PM
10 Second Club

LT1's and LS1's aren't the same, sorry to be the first to break it to you.
LT1s and LS1s werent the same you re correct. LT1 Z28s and LT1 SSs were indeed just as LS1s were. If you think the SS versions were faster then GMs marketing department did their job.
Old 12-31-2010, 06:51 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by LT/LS Guy
No you did not just call the SLP 2OTL exhaust a joke. That still to this day is one of the best "stock" cat-backs ever made noob.
Umm reading > you. He said Unless they were SLP option.

Quick Reply: Ran up against another '11 5.0