Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Raced a new 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 01:03 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lol! with the hci ls1s mad cause they are only faster by a half a sec than a bolt on 2011 gt. Before every one attacks me i am referring to one person...Guess who?
Old 02-03-2011, 01:12 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LT/LS Guy
I would love to see your car (without you in it) on a scale and compare it to stock curb weight.
Oh, now we have to weigh without driver too? So if car #1 should weigh 100 lbs less than car #2, but the driver of car #1 is 100 lbs more, somehow going down the track car #1 has an advantage. Yes you're smoking the good stuff.

I think you're disturbed that a lowly bolt on Mustang GT with a little 5.0L engine that doesn't even have things like headers on it will give your corvette fits. A Mustang that weighs hundreds of pounds more than a corvette, even before I get in the seat I might add. You shot your mouth off, you got caught, and now you're trying to cover your ***.

Hey did you take a dump before you went down the track? If so, you weren't full weight!

Hey does your corvette have the required roll bar and other safety equipment in it to run those times? If not, you aren't full weight!

I got to San Antonio Raceway pretty regularly and I'll also be running the Texas Mile in March if anyone ever wants to come look at this stripped down flyweight race car I have here.
Old 02-03-2011, 01:44 AM
Launching!

Do you realize that 99% of the time you talk to yourself, and that your attempts to prove a point go unnoticed? Seems you like to talk more **** than cars.
actually youre the one who likes to talk **** instead of cars.proof being, YOURE the one who completely fabricated a lie about the car thinking the owner of it wasnt gonna see your post!!! LOL c'mon dude just admit when youre wrong dont be so stubborn about it.
Old 02-03-2011, 03:21 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by kdanner
Oh, now we have to weigh without driver too? So if car #1 should weigh 100 lbs less than car #2, but the driver of car #1 is 100 lbs more, somehow going down the track car #1 has an advantage. Yes you're smoking the good stuff.

I think you're disturbed that a lowly bolt on Mustang GT with a little 5.0L engine that doesn't even have things like headers on it will give your corvette fits. A Mustang that weighs hundreds of pounds more than a corvette, even before I get in the seat I might add. You shot your mouth off, you got caught, and now you're trying to cover your ***.

Hey did you take a dump before you went down the track? If so, you weren't full weight!

Hey does your corvette have the required roll bar and other safety equipment in it to run those times? If not, you aren't full weight!

I got to San Antonio Raceway pretty regularly and I'll also be running the Texas Mile in March if anyone ever wants to come look at this stripped down flyweight race car I have here.
Uh. Oh. Looks like somebodies mad. That weight reduction GT does move out pretty well im not gonna lie. Wonder how you'd do if you put the rear seats and all that other crap back in the car?
Old 02-03-2011, 03:25 AM
Teching In

Uh Oh, looks like the little 5.0 boys are upset now.
Old 02-03-2011, 03:27 AM
***Repost Police***

Uh. Oh. Looks like somebodies mad. That weight reduction GT does move out pretty well im not gonna lie. Wonder how you'd do if you put the rear seats and all that other crap back in the car?
Do you want him to replace the suspension and wheels as well, and take out the rollbar? That'd probably make it about 100lbs heavier.
Originally Posted by RON 95ZR1
Is that really all you got out of this?
Old 02-03-2011, 03:30 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by kennyxg
Lol! with the hci ls1s mad cause they are only faster by a half a sec than a bolt on 2011 gt. Before every one attacks me i am referring to one person...Guess who?
Oh boy. The irony.
Old 02-03-2011, 03:34 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
Do you want him to replace the suspension and wheels as well, and take out the rollbar? That'd probably make it about 100lbs heavier.

Is that really all you got out of this?
How was he supposed to know that guy was a baby whale? With the average guy behind the wheel that car would be a couple hundred # lighter than stock, or damn near. How is that so hard for you guys to understand.
Old 02-03-2011, 03:39 AM
***Repost Police***

He's 270lbs. So it wouldn't weigh "a couple hundred" anything with an "average" driver. And it doesn't even matter what it would be in that scenario, because the driver isn't "average" weight... are you trying to make his car faster than it is? And nobody answered my question; if you run with 1/4 tank of gas, is that not "full weight?"
Old 02-03-2011, 04:07 AM
Teching In

How was he supposed to know that guy was a baby whale? With the average guy behind the wheel that car would be a couple hundred # lighter than stock, or damn near. How is that so hard for you guys to understand.
Sorry, I'm 6'5", whale is not exactly a term I have ever thought of using for myself.

I spelled it out pretty clearly already, around 100 pounds came out of the car and similar weight went back into it. Why is that so hard for certain people to understand?

I think some of you expect these cars to weigh near what a GT500 does, and that just isn't the case. The Edmonds test car weighed 3620 and that was a premium GT with leather, sync, navigation, power seats, Brembo brakes, 19" wheels/tires, strut tower brace, all that extra interior trim, lighting, speakers/amps, crap I don't have and didn't want. I wanted the quickest GT to start with, so the only option is the automatic on the base car. If I would have ordered it rather than buy it from dealer stock I would have done the spoiler delete, but no other changes. The car weighed 3475 bone *** stock.
Old 02-03-2011, 09:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 68 Likes on 57 Posts

kdanner your car is fast,very impressive and runs well. I think the argument arose when a mod list of your car was stated and it didn't mention mods such as skinnies,seat removed sway bars etc taken out.
Thats weight reduction. The driver's weight is not really a factor when you are talking about a car. Safety equipment is assumed when you run those speeds if you drag race the car. Your car may be close to a stocker's weight but you still have weight reduction mods. Again I am not using that as an excuse,feel threatened by your car etc...some others in this thread may be doing that. Hell thats the reason I got more mods on my car after being around friends with high to mid 11 second bolt on 11 GTs.
I have been warning people these cars with bolt ons run fast by driving them and help installing parts on them. They are impressive. The Boss may even be more of a nightmare for hardcare GM LS1 F body guys.
I think its great for owners like you to chime in because it provides credible information on what these cars can do for people that want to outrun them.
Old 02-03-2011, 11:17 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Mike Morris
kdanner your car is fast,very impressive and runs well. I think the argument arose when a mod list of your car was stated and it didn't mention mods such as skinnies,seat removed sway bars etc taken out.
Thats weight reduction. The driver's weight is not really a factor when you are talking about a car. Safety equipment is assumed when you run those speeds if you drag race the car. Your car may be close to a stocker's weight but you still have weight reduction mods. Again I am not using that as an excuse,feel threatened by your car etc...some others in this thread may be doing that. Hell thats the reason I got more mods on my car after being around friends with high to mid 11 second bolt on 11 GTs.
I have been warning people these cars with bolt ons run fast by driving them and help installing parts on them. They are impressive. The Boss may even be more of a nightmare for hardcare GM LS1 F body guys.
I think its great for owners like you to chime in because it provides credible information on what these cars can do for people that want to outrun them.
Well in that case I should be locked up for making terrorist threats then. Well since my car went 10's from the factory. And 10.0's spinning with bolt ons/tune.

In regards to any LS guy feeling "threatened". That's gotta be the biggest hack of bullshit ive heard in a while. Do you realize how cheap LSx parts are getting? Obviously not.

It's old news that LSX's are capable of making ridiculous power. A friend of mine just put down 58xrwhp n/a with 429 iron block and ETP "LS1" heads. The serious guys wont have anything to worry about for a long time to come.
Old 02-03-2011, 11:20 AM
TECH Regular

From the looks at your posts, you've been defensively reacting to anything anyone says positive about the 5.0.

I would call this post a projection.

Hell look at the post above. Seriously. You'd think a 5.0 beat you up on a playground.

No wonder Vette owners have such a bad rap.
Old 02-03-2011, 11:29 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats weight reduction. The driver's weight is not really a factor when you are talking about a car. Safety equipment is assumed when you run those speeds if you drag race the car. Your car may be close to a stocker's weight but you still have weight reduction mods.
Again I am not using that as an excuse,feel threatened by your car etc...some others in this thread may be doing that. Hell thats the reason I got more mods on my car after being around friends with high to mid 11 second bolt on 11 GTs.
Exactly. I think the thread can pretty much be closed from this point.

And all the Ford Fanboy Douchebagz can give LT/LS an apology on your way out.
Old 02-03-2011, 11:34 AM
12 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Ke^in
From the looks at your posts, you've been defensively reacting to anything anyone says positive about the 5.0.

I would call this post a projection.

Hell look at the post above. Seriously. You'd think a 5.0 beat you up on a playground.

You're one of the biggest **** talkers on this site. You just happened to pop up here when the 5.0 new was getting around too. Coincidence? Prorbably not considering you are in every 5.0 thread.
Old 02-03-2011, 11:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well in that case I should be locked up for making terrorist threats then. Well since my car went 10's from the factory. And 10.0's spinning with bolt ons/tune.

In regards to any LS guy feeling "threatened". That's gotta be the biggest hack of bullshit ive heard in a while. Do you realize how cheap LSx parts are getting? Obviously not.

It's old news that LSX's are capable of making ridiculous power. A friend of mine just put down 58xrwhp n/a with 429 iron block and ETP "LS1" heads. The serious guys wont have anything to worry about for a long time to come.
Obviously you have a bone to pick with these cars and my post struck a nerve. I have been around Ls1 cars since 1998 thank you very much. I have built,raced and driven more than I can count. I am aware of what they are capable of. Anything with money can be fast. Kids with no money running around with lids and exhaust are what I am talking about. "Serious" guys wouldn't even put down a 5.0s at all nor would they post in a thread like this attacking the 5.0 owner. Ill bet you 100 bucks you suffer from either LPS and LMS hence your remarks. Too bad you are not local. I own two cars that on pump gas with working ac,ps and full interior that would cause you to have another two cars to despise lol.
Old 02-03-2011, 11:38 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ke^in

And Mustang owners dont? And GTO owners dont? And Camaro owners dont?

Lumping everyone in to one group is a very liberal media thing to do.

IMO, I think this is where a lot of the argument stems from.

Step 1:

Random unimportant Ford troll signs up and makes one post about the 5.0 raping and pillaging the GM village. -OR- Ignorant GM LS1Techer makes one of those "Fords are for gays and mustangs are for girls!" comments.

Step 2:

Ford guys post videos of a shop car or drag in a guy that runs amazing record times and possibly unbeknown to them, insinuate it as "the norm".

Step 3:

GM guys post videos of 5.0s getting drug out by stock or bolton GM cars of all shapes and sizes to show that its not the second coming of Jebus.

Step 4:

Ford guys rinse and repeat with more videos or new members that have lightning fast cars (for the given mods)

....and wala

Now we have everyone lumped into groups. The GM guys show that 5.0 aint ****, and the Ford guys show that 5.0 rapes GM.

When it all comes down to it, its the INDIVIDUAL accomplishment of any one man/car that is the only thing that matters. Case in point I could link you to a local site that has cars FAR more built up than mine still stuck in the 12s or pulling out 11.70s with heads/cam/F1 procharger....etc while I do it cam only.

Nobody here, Ford or GM or Dodge, should be worried about any collective group of cars. Worry about WHO your racing, not WHAT your racing. If someone calls me up later and says a 500whp Term wants to step I'll be more interested in WHO it is and what his known credibility on driving it is rather than that its a peak 500whp blower car.

Old 02-03-2011, 11:45 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ss1129
You're one of the biggest **** talkers on this site.
Why thank you. :-)
You just happened to pop up here when the 5.0 new was getting around too.
Coincidence? Prorbably not considering you are in every 5.0 thread.
Actually I popped up before it was even talked about. But thanks for the knee-jerk exaggeration to further prove my point that it's not the 5.0 fans that are being defensive. ;-)
Old 02-03-2011, 12:00 PM
Launching!

Obviously you have a bone to pick with these cars and my post struck a nerve. I have been around Ls1 cars since 1998 thank you very much. I have built,raced and driven more than I can count. I am aware of what they are capable of. Anything with money can be fast. Kids with no money running around with lids and exhaust are what I am talking about. "Serious" guys wouldn't even put down a 5.0s at all nor would they post in a thread like this attacking the 5.0 owner. Ill bet you 100 bucks you suffer from either LPS and LMS hence your remarks. Too bad you are not local. I own two cars that on pump gas with working ac,ps and full interior that would cause you to have another two cars to despise lol.
I doubt very seriously Ron is worried about you, let alone a pesky little 5.0 Mustang (no pun intended).

I know him personally and let me be the first to tell you, the ZR1 is not the only mean car in his arsenal. Don't write a check that your *** can't cash now.
Old 02-03-2011, 12:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Whatever. Like I said if he was local I would run him. Speaking of checks I bet he is a "checkbook" racer as well. His comments in this thread speak for themselves.