Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2011 5.0 vs 2001 Z28 (VIDZ)

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 08:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr370z
Arms mod. You guys always forget the arms mod.
What good is that if I'm running at the track? I'd have to strategically line up with something that runs in the high 11's.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:08 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just got back from running 11.74@116 tagging the limiter on the 1>2 shift working on the tune. Full weight.

Your a king kong clown if you think your exhaust only M6 pile is going to get anywhere near that. Even if your planning on gutting your car to a frame and steering wheel to try.

Me? I like to break off cocky 12 second tough guys like you sitting in full amenities with the A/C on.

Go ahead there "bolt on" boy. Go run some 11.70s in you exhaust only piece of crap gutted, bigs and littles, hell full weight and see if it changes the world or anyone else besides your bowing faithful give two *****.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:10 PM
Teching In

Bro I'm gonna run faster than 11.80 with only my current mods plus wheels and tires. I'm full weight minus the jack/spare, v brace and skid plate.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:17 PM
11 Second Club

Well go ******* run it then and stop telling fools what its "going" to do. Hell in that case, one day I'll be in the high 10s N/A. You'll see! Yooooulllll see!!!!!

Did I forget to mention that I sucked the doors off a modded STi on the way home? Now since I'm not the type to post about kills that dont have video proof or frankly aren't great races I normally wouldnt say anything. But seeing on how you live and judge yourself off other peoples accomplishments and are the foremost flag waver of the GTO crowd here I suppose that means you would have beat the same car by 38.2-42.8 car lengths?

Go back to posting about your all conquering "exhaust only" street terror that you think people jock. Suck on my real life time slips and dream bolt on boy. Dream.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:19 PM
Teching In

Already gone 12.17 @ 114 on dr's...
Old 02-02-2011, 09:25 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Ju1ce
What good is that if I'm running at the track? I'd have to strategically line up with something that runs in the high 11's.
Does your "arms mod" magically disappear at the track? No... but it certainly doesn't do you any good. Still worth mentioning

I'd still love to know the mods on that Genesis vs 370z kill story you posted. Still waitin'...
Old 02-03-2011, 08:18 AM
Launching!

Oh youuu!
I am just picking with you. You dont really think you would pull the op's car 5 to 7 lenghths.... do you?
Old 02-03-2011, 08:23 AM
Launching!

Oo and op I love the Ron Fellow stripes. That looks sweet.
Old 02-03-2011, 10:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks 99peweterls1, i debated for a few weeks about the stipes. Its not much but the car looked a bit boring before needed something there.
Old 02-03-2011, 10:59 AM
On The Tree

good runs man...that new 5oh aint no joke tho and i love they new bodystyle ****** mean lookin car
Old 02-03-2011, 12:23 PM
Launching!

No problem, it sets the car off man. O wouldnt have it any other way.
Old 02-03-2011, 12:49 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 99peweterls1
I am just picking with you. You dont really think you would pull the op's car 5 to 7 lenghths.... do you?
I do believe I would. I pulled a car with the exact same setup as his by that amount from a 20 roll to about 150mph. After 100 is when it got really ugly for him.

I bet you'd think I was REALLY crazy if I told you I hung within a car of a h/c (trickflow heads) LS1 with 4.10's that ran mid 11's @ 120mph from 25-130ish.

Both cars are members of this site and both owners can most definitely drive.
Old 02-03-2011, 01:13 PM
11 Second Club

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Relax man... I'll be besting your big cam + stall times with my exhaust only m6 this spring.

Do you talk **** in every thread?
We get it, its fast.....but it aint fast enough.

You need to learn your role here.
Old 02-03-2011, 01:14 PM
Launching!

I do not doubt you one bit. If your truthful to your mods I bet the spare tire you removed from your car was a 26" and you had a hydraulic lift for a jack.
Old 02-03-2011, 01:20 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 99peweterls1
I do not doubt you one bit. If your truthful to your mods I bet the spare tire you removed from your car was a 26" and you had a hydraulic lift for a jack.
Funniest thing I've read today... had me rolling good!
Old 02-03-2011, 01:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Relax man... I'll be besting your big cam + stall times with my exhaust only m6 this spring.
Didn't you have something in your sig talking about future mods last week? Practice what you preach brother.
Old 02-03-2011, 02:04 PM
11 Second Club

I do believe I would. I pulled a car with the exact same setup as his by that amount from a 20 roll to about 150mph. After 100 is when it got really ugly for him.

I bet you'd think I was REALLY crazy if I told you I hung within a car of a h/c (trickflow heads) LS1 with 4.10's that ran mid 11's @ 120mph from 25-130ish.

Originally Posted by hugger1975
Do you talk **** in every thread?
We get it, its fast.....but it aint fast enough.

You need to learn your role here.

No ****. Theres a reason he doesnt post at the big GTO site. His **** wouldnt fly there. Im sure he'll say its because the near 40,000 members dont know what their talking about and dont know anything about how GTOs perform since hes the only one that can get one to go fast.

Some of the **** he says to defend the GTO against unnecessary hatred I applaud. But his attitude comes off like hes the coolest ******* guy in the room cause he runs low 12s with an exhaust only GTO which has been done by many, many, many people. Then all this ricer math **** about "if you beat him by this much that means I would beat you by this much" bullshit?

Seriously. Only 12 second guys who think they are the center of the world say **** like that. I used to run 12.28s with exhaust and stall full weight, that didnt give me license to think that I was the man of the world and could beat any H/C LS1 ever made. Ive beat plenty of overbuilt cars too. Ive beat H/C LS1 cars when I had just exhaust and stall and I've been beaten by H/C LS1 cars when I had just exhaust and stall.

Tell tale sign of someone who is blowing too much smoke up their own skirt is how they never seem to lose. They only win, And when they only win they only win against **** that takes most similar cars a fluke run to beat. Its not like he is working over cars that make sense. Its always over built 11 second territory cars.

Nothing personal against Juice, but jesus. Where does it stop?
Old 02-03-2011, 02:49 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Mr370z
Funniest thing I've read today... had me rolling good!
Thanks lmao. He makes it too easy though, his posts are just ridiculous sometimes.
Old 02-03-2011, 04:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

from 20mph to about 150mph is a much much longer race then i did with the stang. My car does excellent above 100mph as well thats one reason my friends wont race me at higher speeds. We only raced from about 50 to maybe 95mph in the race with the 5.0. Im in 3rd gear starting off, with 4.10's. I could'nt pop the clutch or shift hard enough as it was in this race and struggled with traction. With better road and traction if i start at 20mph i would do a nice jump from the get go and pull ok after till i get till 100 but since i havent done that race who knows maybe, maybe not its all in the air nothing for sure or solid till a race like that happens. I dont doubt its possible that you can pull 7 cars from 20-150mph but for me even the race being that long i would seriously doubt that i can do that at all and if i had to guess maybe 3-4 car from 20-150, in the end its useless for me to talk about it. Hopefully ill get another opportunity with another 5.0 with my luck ill probably get smoked bad, lol.

Last edited by karpetcm; 02-03-2011 at 04:26 PM.
Old 02-03-2011, 05:12 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by CoolAid
No ****. Theres a reason he doesnt post at the big GTO site. His **** wouldnt fly there. Im sure he'll say its because the near 40,000 members dont know what their talking about and dont know anything about how GTOs perform since hes the only one that can get one to go fast.

Some of the **** he says to defend the GTO against unnecessary hatred I applaud. But his attitude comes off like hes the coolest ******* guy in the room cause he runs low 12s with an exhaust only GTO which has been done by many, many, many people. Then all this ricer math **** about "if you beat him by this much that means I would beat you by this much" bullshit?

Seriously. Only 12 second guys who think they are the center of the world say **** like that. I used to run 12.28s with exhaust and stall full weight, that didnt give me license to think that I was the man of the world and could beat any H/C LS1 ever made. Ive beat plenty of overbuilt cars too. Ive beat H/C LS1 cars when I had just exhaust and stall and I've been beaten by H/C LS1 cars when I had just exhaust and stall.

Tell tale sign of someone who is blowing too much smoke up their own skirt is how they never seem to lose. They only win, And when they only win they only win against **** that takes most similar cars a fluke run to beat. Its not like he is working over cars that make sense. Its always over built 11 second territory cars.

Nothing personal against Juice, but jesus. Where does it stop?
It it's nothing personal stop getting so worked up. I said in plain black and white that I lost to a h/c Ls1 if you read what I wrote... Oh, and I do post on LS2GTO.com and proved many people there wrong as well. I even bet a member $100 that my car would go low 12's in front of the entire G.O.N.E crew with nothing but dr's headers and a tune. They even hooked an HPT up to my car to check the tune and see if it was cammed.

Needless to say I won the bet. Just because everyone seems to have a big problem with the things I say does not mean I believe my 12 second car is the center of the universe... If we could stick to a real discussion instead of ridiculousness that'd be nice.

Originally Posted by The Manalishi
Didn't you have something in your sig talking about future mods last week? Practice what you preach brother.
Future mods? Nah, just telling it like it is, that's what the car is going to run.

Quick Reply: 2011 5.0 vs 2001 Z28 (VIDZ)