Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

3 races today...LS1 v LT1 v RX8

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 07:15 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 3 races today...LS1 v LT1 v RX8

So we went out for a nice cruise today after I let a guy check out my car, who will be buying it, probably next weekend. Didn't get to see the turbo GTO run my friend's bike, since it was mostly a backroads cruise, but oh well.

On the way to meet up with everyone, I saw an RX8 come flying up behind me. I had saw this car earlier with the local slow car crew, so I knew he was friends with them. I told them to follow me to where we were meeting.

When we got there, a couple familiar faces jumped out, none of which are friends. These kids (maybe 18ish years old) always think they have fast cars and want to race and rev at everything. I ask if they wanted to run, they said yeah. I dawned on me that everytime we have raced one of their super slow cars with one of our slow cars, that I have never once got to race them. They all think my car is blazing fast. Now's my chance to finally get a run.

So I asked what the kid had done, he said intake and exhaust, but then his friend cut him off and said that since I'm sketchy about what I have done, he shouldn't tell me. That's laughable, because I am always up front about what my car has done (it's in every vid I have) so I told them again but they didn't tell.

This RX8 was a bucket, hood looked like it was open, spoiler delete had bolts showing, and some weird tow thing off the front. My girlfriend was riding shotgun and she even made fun of how terrible the exhaust sounded. She heard one of them (there were 3 passengers in his car) saying "**** it up" to the driver.

We leave, and a bit down the RX8 gets on it, and 2 to 3 seconds later I decide to follow suit, already back a car starting from around 60. Drop it in 3rd, go WOT, and I catch him by 100 when he lets off. I knew that thing was going to be slow but damn.

Eventually, I line up with the RX8 from about a 40 roll, which isn't great for me but it didn't matter, I put a quick bus on him by the shift to 3rd, then ran out 3rd and was 2 buses in front. I thought that would be enough, but they came back holding out "4-0" wanting a 40, so 3 honks later we hit it. This time I ran out just 2nd and pulled him by a bus again, and let off. Then I looked over and the passenger riding shotgun says, "your car is too fast." The woman and I had a laugh and continued to go to the cornering part of the cruise.

On the way back, we met up with my friend and his WS6. 96 WS6, 6 speed, LTs, true duals, no passenger. He lined up with the RX8 with me out in front a ways. To me, looked like he put on a bus on the RX8. Kid was a glutten for punishment.

I've been wanting to run him for a while just to see the difference in LT1/LS1 with similar mods, so we he rolled up next to me in a low gear, I was delighted. 3 honks from a 40 roll and by 100-110ish, I had him by 2-3 cars.

Really fun day, maybe the last cruise I get to have in my car before I sell it. Might have one next week, but if not, I had a blast today.
Old 02-20-2011, 07:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No vids?! Good kills must be nice to have some fun
Old 02-20-2011, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by WSsick
They all think my car is blazing fast.
It's not?

J/K man, nice kills, sounds like a fun day!
Old 02-20-2011, 08:22 PM
10 Second Club

Received 423 Likes on 335 Posts

rx8 are turds....bad turds. I rode in one around Laguna Seca and it was bad slow. It did'nt even handle well.
Old 02-20-2011, 08:43 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
No vids?! Good kills must be nice to have some fun
I know, crazy right? I always have vids. My cameramen were absent, and the other was on his bike today. Could have got the gf to get them, but it wasn't worth the time plus my phone sucks ***** at videos...just all wind noise.

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
It's not?

J/K man, nice kills, sounds like a fun day!
You should have seen the look on their faces when I said I was selling it for $7,500. They want to give me $8,000 Tuesday to buy it. They think I must be buying some kind of monster for the next car since my scary fast 12.66 car destroys them.

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
rx8 are turds....bad turds. I rode in one around Laguna Seca and it was bad slow. It did'nt even handle well.
Yeah, and +3 passengers makes it that much slower. Another death for there slow car crew, although one of them just bought an sn95 Mustang, "cammed out" as he says, though he doesn't know anything about it. Now they actually have a chance at having a 13 second car.

Rundown of their crew:
GTP=slow
2v vert= slow
540i=slow
RX8=slow
SN95= least slow of all!
Old 02-20-2011, 10:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by WSsick
They think I must be buying some kind of monster for the next car since my scary fast 12.66 car destroys them.
Lol, sounds like the good ole days in high school when my best friend and I had the two most "blazing fast cars of the school" (Thankfully the one kid with an 06 Vette totaled it less than 3 months after his daddy buying him a brand new one)

I wouldn't consider a 00 SS SLP w/ LT's and ORY blazing fast and I definitely wouldn't call a 97 WS6 with a catback, shorty headers (previous owner), and 3.73's fast by any regard.

Sounds like you had some fun. You'll miss the old car for sure though man. Trust me
Old 02-20-2011, 10:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Good kills in that blazingly fast ride of yours.
Old 02-20-2011, 10:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used to have an rx8, i thought it was fast...then i got an ls1.

I was at the parts store today and a kid that works there has an 04 gt, we started talking, i told him i used to have one, he told me yea, their fast....I said ehhh, maybe around a track....he said "They have alot of top end" I said they top out at 150, then he told me that if you take the limiter off, "they will go 200mph" I laughed my *** off, I told him he's full of ****, hes said, its true....I said, those cars dont have enough hp and torque to make them go that fast, I told him they dyno at 180 to the rear wheels, he said "NO" they have 238hp, I told him that was advertised hp, he looked puzzled....I told Him I would run him in my T/A, He said OK!!

Soooo, im in the middle of a cam swap right now, but when i get it done, and break everything in, im going for him, and ill video tape it, victory will be extra sweet, since i have a major hatred toward them......
Old 02-20-2011, 11:12 PM
Teching In

lol 180 whp if they're lucky. My integra stock could run next to one. Some of the lamest "performance cars" ever.

I would have peddled the **** out of them to make it look even, then done the spin and pull buses maneuver =P.
Old 02-20-2011, 11:18 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Passenger should have done the ol' hang out the window and row an oar move when you hit it.

They would have loved it.
Old 02-20-2011, 11:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LightningTeg
lol 180 whp if they're lucky. My integra stock could run next to one. Some of the lamest "performance cars" ever.

I would have peddled the **** out of them to make it look even, then done the spin and pull buses maneuver =P.

yea, 180 is on the high side, they only make about 218 at the flywheel.
dont get me wrong, they handle great, but have noooo acceleration, not only that, but they get under 20mpg lol.
Old 02-21-2011, 12:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Doh! Why must you guys insult 2V's! This thread is going to turn to **** like all of the other ones
Old 02-21-2011, 12:49 AM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
You are the first person I have ever seen that said anything like that.
Old 02-21-2011, 12:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
It doesn't have an LS6.
Old 02-21-2011, 01:01 AM
11 Second Club

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

i tore up an rx8 so bad in the slobalt i didnt even post it

i admit, i like the looks but damn they are embarrisngly slow for how nice they look.
Old 02-21-2011, 02:49 AM
11 Second Club

Lol years ago when I had a 97 Integra GS-R with 180hp I walked some tool in an RX-8 with no problem. Those things are worthless.
Old 02-21-2011, 03:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
they handle good, LIke i said, I used to have one, but damn.....they cant accelerate at all, i remember racing a chick in an auto c5, walked me hard....

They would be great cars....if they were turbo 4 banger, like a 300 hp sti motor.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:24 AM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Nice runs. Always nice to put the slow people into perspective
Old 02-21-2011, 08:33 AM
10 Second Club

Good kills. An RX-8 w/ 3 people in it must be approaching economy car levels of slow.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:27 AM
Tech Apprentice

RX8 with a LS6 would be nice

Quick Reply: 3 races today...LS1 v LT1 v RX8