Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Road in the Competion today. 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 01:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by snake95
I agree...but the people making such short, uninformed comments don't even know what they are saying...I could respond to his comment saying "What about the 03-04 Cobras?"

All I am saying is the snide comments like "about time they got off their *** and built a decent car" can go back and forth between Ford and GM loyalists all day long...so throwing one out there is just ignorant.
See sig. That's all I got to say about that.
Old 03-01-2011, 01:13 PM
Staging Lane

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by The Manalishi
Damnit...you got me.
Old 03-01-2011, 01:40 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by thunderstruck507
Decent cars, **** poor performance.

They outsold the fbody yes, but that's because every teenage girl and middle age woman picked up a v6 because the fbody's had **** for visibility, IIRC cost more, and lacked the name recognition. While "camaro" and "firebird" are popular nameplates they are like Pepsi and RC to Coke. People say Coke out of sheer habit. Many people (even GM guys) also prefer the styling of the Mustang to the base bland looking f bodies.

The comment you are seeing is referring to the fact Ford made a Mustang GT that is an excellent price/performance ratio for the first time since the foxbody instead of giving it just enough performance to scrape by in the market. The Mustang GT is now better than the non-FI Cobras/Mach 1. It's a compliment.
Old 03-01-2011, 01:56 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Average Joe
LS3 Corvette>2011 Mustang GT, even with full exhaust, intake and tune.
I have to agree the ls3 vette is hard to beat.
Old 03-01-2011, 02:26 PM
***Repost Police***

IIRC, there's a member here with an '11 GT with a few bolt-ons and a tune, and he's run something like 11.8 @ 116mph. I'd say that would be a damn good race with a stock LS3 Corvette. Obviously the Corvette is the better choice, and the one I would choose in a heartbeat, but a bolt-on/tuned GT would still give one a good run.
Old 03-01-2011, 05:26 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by F8L BYT
Your vote would be wrong then sir. Here is 2011 gt Auto. Mods are JLT CAI, Tune, and 3.73 gears... Imagine if it had a stall too! And yes it has a completely stock exhaust

The vote would obviously not be wrong, seeing as he said a "tune and intake wouldn't break into the 11's" and you posted of a video of a guy with a tune, intake, and GEARS, which is kind of a big difference.
Old 03-01-2011, 05:43 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 96WS6guy
The vote would obviously not be wrong, seeing as he said a "tune and intake wouldn't break into the 11's" and you posted of a video of a guy with a tune, intake, and GEARS, which is kind of a big difference.
3.73's are not a mod. They are STOCK they come STOCK with them.understand that.

Originally Posted by The Manalishi
nice sig and youre right, Ford is a problem....for GM. Now theyre barely coming out next year with an answer to the cobra/gt500 after how many years?
Old 03-01-2011, 05:52 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
IIRC, there's a member here with an '11 GT with a few bolt-ons and a tune, and he's run something like 11.8 @ 116mph. I'd say that would be a damn good race with a stock LS3 Corvette. Obviously the Corvette is the better choice, and the one I would choose in a heartbeat, but a bolt-on/tuned GT would still give one a good run.
How would it be a good run? Unless you have an retarded armless monkey driving the Vette. They still trap higher stock than a full bolt on GT, almost 3 mph more! Add a catback, tune, and CAI and they are trapping 123-124.

So, what were you saying about a good run?
Old 03-01-2011, 06:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

People like the looks of a mustang gt over a base model ta? Where those Tards at?

gt500 is in Corvette territory, I don't care if it is a mustang or not. Chevys answer was the zo6, we know how that goes.

these comments are so dumb.
Old 03-01-2011, 06:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Lol, I know right? Just like how "uncomfortable fbody seats were.....", I mean really??? The T/A seats rock imo. Also, I do not like the look of most Mustangs at all, at least compared to their fbody counterparts so I don't get the appearance argument at all.

I like the coyote and all, but I just don't understand the whole "Mustang sold more than Firebird/Camaro combined" statement!? I mean, who cares about how many cars women and children bought (even if they were all V8s, which of course they were not) back in those days? Sales has never been an indication of performance bang-for-buck but rather simply an interesting dynamic having to do with marketing and buyer ignorance. This is not to say that people only bought Mustangs because they were chicks, or children, or ignorant but rather that sometimes those factors play more of a role in sales' numbers than which vehicle performs best or is the best value. Has anyone compared driving an 01 GT at 130 mph to an 01 fbody at said speed? It's not even a contest at which one gets there first and which one feels best and most stable. If sales were all that mattered, performance enthusiasts would all be driving subcompacts. If it sold more, it MUST be better, no? Just saying It gets old guys. Oh, and **** Ford....

Lol, jk Sorry had to make the idiotic "**** Ford" statement, you know just to follow suit with the rest of the moronic statements in here lol. Some statements were ok I guess, but others.........

Last edited by oddwraith; 03-01-2011 at 06:17 PM.
Old 03-01-2011, 06:13 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by lemons12
People like the looks of a mustang gt over a base model ta? Where those Tards at?

gt500 is in Corvette territory, I don't care if it is a mustang or not. Chevys answer was the zo6, we know how that goes.

these comments are so dumb.
Then where does that leave the ZR1? Oh yeah... GM's response to the Viper ACR.
Old 03-01-2011, 06:14 PM
On The Tree

Road in the Competion today. 5.0-cbzzl.jpg

This is what a 5.0 with nitrous must feel like.
Old 03-01-2011, 06:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

[

This is what a 5.0 with nitrous must feel like.
No, that's how it fees with just a tune and intake Lol, just playin'.
Old 03-01-2011, 06:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Zr1 is a bit overkill imo and almost in a class of its own. The viper has nothing to do with cherry or Ford.
Also straight line speed the z06 and zr1 are very close stock for stock.
Old 03-01-2011, 06:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by lemons12
Zr1 is a bit overkill imo and almost in a class of its own. The viper has nothing to do with cherry or Ford.
Also straight line speed the z06 and zr1 are very close stock for stock.
Hmmm, add slicks and compare again maybe? I wonder if that would change anything?
Old 03-01-2011, 08:45 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 96WS6guy
Originally Posted by MauriSSio
3.73's are not a mod. They are STOCK they come STOCK with them.understand that.
Old 03-01-2011, 09:12 PM
Launching!

How would it be a good run? Unless you have an retarded armless monkey driving the Vette. They still trap higher stock than a full bolt on GT, almost 3 mph more! Add a catback, tune, and CAI and they are trapping 123-124.

So, what were you saying about a good run?
average GT with boltons is trapping 118mph. average F-Body with boltons traps 110-111mph. Which is a better run?

stock C6 Corvette (115-117mph traps) vs Mustang GT w boltons (118mph)?

if a 118mph Mustang cant give a good run with a stock C6 116mph corvette, then what do you call the fbody vs bolton GT? pathetic??
Old 03-01-2011, 10:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MauriSSio
nice sig and youre right, Ford is a problem....for GM. Now theyre barely coming out next year with an answer to the cobra/gt500 after how many years?
Good post...................no not really.
Old 03-01-2011, 11:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by TonyGXP
where's the thread with the guy running an LS3 vette with his close to stock LS3 Camaro and hanging with it up over 100?? I know i read it on here somewhere. i would think the new 5.0 is at "least" as fast as the LS3 Camaro, no?
So since theres so many near stock fbody beating LS3 Camaros, it means that they are faster than a Vette! Cool

Originally Posted by F8L BYT
Your vote would be wrong then sir. Here is 2011 gt Auto. Mods are JLT CAI, Tune, and 3.73 gears... Imagine if it had a stall too! And yes it has a completely stock exhaus

Well I would hope so! They are in two completely different categories and a large amount of money difference too. C6 vette's are badass in every way period!
I see tire mod in the vid Not that it makes a lot, it helps sometimes..

Originally Posted by Heater
Comparing Vettes to Mustangs is like comparing apples to oranges.
+1.... Its zero fair to compare Vettes against Stang. Not in the same league performance/$$ wise.

Originally Posted by snake95
I agree...but the people making such short, uninformed comments don't even know what they are saying...I could respond to his comment saying "What about the 03-04 Cobras?"

All I am saying is the snide comments like "about time they got off their *** and built a decent car" can go back and forth between Ford and GM loyalists all day long...so throwing one out there is just ignorant.
Cobras price was higher than 5.0 GT...

They stopped producing fbodys because most plp dont care much about performance/look. Car enthousiasts do, but theyre clearly not the majority. V6 versions will outsell V8 versions everytime, especially these days.

What plp care now is HP/Liter, MPG, looks that satifies most plp(a car that guys AND girls will buy) with minimum comfort and some cool features. Fbody was too much a of a sacrifice for look/performance over comfort/visibility for the average buyer.

Damn, i know plp that sold their Lancer to buy a Corolla because the MPG was a bit better LOLLL Imagine if they would own a V8 today!!
Old 03-02-2011, 01:06 AM
On The Tree

This thread has just become a part of the never ending Ford vs GM argument. All I said was I didn't think a 2011 GT with an intake and tune, would stand up to a LS3 C6 Vette, and I stand by my OPINION. Nothing more, nothing less.

Last edited by Carlisle; 03-02-2011 at 03:54 AM.