Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

g8 gt vs TBSS

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 08:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default g8 gt vs TBSS

i forgot to post a race i had at the dragstrip vs a friend who went with me in his TBSS.

only mods i had was custom air intake piping to my stockairbox and solo axle back which really gives no performance boost.

the TBSS has intake/tune/suspension mods/Drag radials i think were his mods.

wound up him running 14.1@100
to my 13.7@102

DA was 1800. was at Red river raceway a couple months ago. the DA was so crappy because a warm front from the gulf just came through like 30 min before and the humidity was almost 100% he had run a previous times at this track i believe 13.7@102 or 103. with the same 60ft he told me so i was alot happier with my times.

i put it in the dragtimes calculator and it showed me being around 13.4@106 without the crappy DA.. not bad for a 4000 lbs car i think.. i also was having an issue where going from 2nd to 3rd gear. it would hang for a split second in the upshift. it wouldnt rev up like it was missing just more like the computer on purpose was taking its time to shift. i think thats why my trap speed was alittle low also.

There was also a Turbo ls1 camaro there that i ran............... and yea i felt like i was going in reverse. they wouldnt show his times and even ripped my timeslip in half to keep me form seeing it. from the time his light came up hitting the finish line i hit the song button to restart and it was 3 almost 4 seconds before i crossed the 1/4 mark. was a pewter camaro driven by a black guy. and omg the turbo was LOUD! louder than his exhaust..
Old 04-13-2011, 11:39 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You listen to the radio when you are dragracing? Seriously???

Nice times btw- though I doubt the TBSS had drag radials as it would be pointless as it's a AWD vehicle and couldn't spin them if it wanted too on stock tires.
Old 04-13-2011, 11:55 PM
TECH Regular

not all tbss are AWD
Old 04-14-2011, 01:29 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by AWDTBSS
not all tbss are AWD
How would YOU know? huh? As if you own one or something...... lol

Are the 2wd ones faster then the awd? They should be at least a couple hundred pounds lighter!
Old 04-14-2011, 09:06 AM
TECH Regular

lol, ya 2wd is about 2-3tenths fastest stock to stock and mod for mod on avg if the 2wd can hook. I think they are also about 4600lbs compared to 4800+lbs (awd).
But a 2wd with intake/tune on DR's SHOULD beat a stock g8 gt but guess it didnt
Old 04-14-2011, 09:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones

Nice times btw- though I doubt the TBSS had drag radials as it would be pointless as it's a AWD vehicle and couldn't spin them if it wanted too on stock tires.
GJ owning yourself in this thread rofl. he is rwd. and yes he has Drag radials... probably should know what your talking about before correcting someone just sayin
Old 04-14-2011, 09:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AWDTBSS
lol, ya 2wd is about 2-3tenths fastest stock to stock and mod for mod on avg if the 2wd can hook. I think they are also about 4600lbs compared to 4800+lbs (awd).
But a 2wd with intake/tune on DR's SHOULD beat a stock g8 gt but guess it didnt
not really. ive seen quite a few run with his similiar mods and there all mid high 13's. and trap less than we do normally but like i said the DA was bad and previously he had been running alot quicker times. about 2-3 tenths quicker and maybe it was hurting him more than me for whatever reason. there was another TBSS there with a CAM and stall im assuming that was running pretty good ran a 12.7@ something.
Old 04-14-2011, 10:08 PM
TECH Regular

mid to high 13s is wat stock g8 gt's run on avg (atleast around here). it should be a solid 13.4-13.5 car atleast but hey cars run different times in different parts. Add some headers to the g8 with a tune u'll pick up huge numbers
Old 04-14-2011, 11:03 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by GXPPOWER
GJ owning yourself in this thread rofl. he is rwd. and yes he has Drag radials... probably should know what your talking about before correcting someone just sayin
Don't be butt hurt cuz I made fun of you for listening to music while drag racing. If you gotta have music playing while you are racing, it's time for your ADD prescription to get upgraded.
Old 04-15-2011, 08:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Don't be butt hurt cuz I made fun of you for listening to music while drag racing. If you gotta have music playing while you are racing, it's time for your ADD prescription to get upgraded.
Stonez noone is but hurt over you making yourself look retarded not reading a post i turned on the cd player so i could hit rewind and time how many sec diff there was between me and him . since he had NT on his window. and music doesnt have anything to do with ADD. but whatever floats your boat.

and yea i know AWD.. im waiting to save up for both the Headers and the Tune. the biggest jump in performance for me will be from the TQ management and shifting from the tune. really wakes up the L76 getting tuned with 93 octane and some good flowing headers.
Old 04-15-2011, 09:18 PM
TECH Regular

ya a local guy picked up 45whp from headers and tune. And those things rip with full bolt ons i drove TheYeti's G8 GT thats Full Bolt ons and Tune pulls hard all the way thru the power band
Old 04-16-2011, 10:33 AM

Good race, man! I really want to run an AWD TBSS on the street from a dig. I bet it'd be a close race, whatever the outcome was.

What'd you make your intake piping out of? Any pictures? I hate the stock air silencer crap.

You've never done that? Sometimes I rock the **** out, expecially if I know it's not gonna be a good race anyway. It's not like you need to hear the tree yell out "ready, set, go!"

Last edited by ScreaminRedZ; 04-16-2011 at 04:01 PM.
Old 04-16-2011, 11:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Hes running stock TBSS times in something with DRs and a tune? Something is not right, lol.
Old 04-16-2011, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Summerwolf
Hes running stock TBSS times in something with DRs and a tune? Something is not right, lol.
Guys that run 12.9 with their stock LS1's say that about people running 13.4 with stock LS1's
Old 04-16-2011, 12:02 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
Good race, man! I really want to run an AWD TBSS on the street from a dig. I bet it'd be a close race, whatever the outcome was.
unless the awd tbss has full bolt ons and no rear seats u'd smoke him. they only 60' 2.0-2.1 on stock stall, if it has a stall then thats another story u better hook lol
Old 04-16-2011, 12:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
Guys that run 12.9 with their stock LS1's say that about people running 13.4 with stock LS1's
I guess....TBSS seem to be more consistent then most LSX cars though from what I've seen. Either way GK.
Old 04-16-2011, 03:00 PM
Teching In

This was MY TBSS....I'll give the truth of the night and my history on the track with tbss. Bone stock I was low 14s. Superchips handheld only ran 13.8 @ 99. Now I have pcmforless 4" cai, efans, and pcmforless tune. Also do have 17" Drs. Few weeks before THUNDER ROAD RACEWAY I went to Prescott which is 1000' track. First time out with these mods too. Fastest time on stock wheels was 11.4 in the 1000'....dnt rem the 1/8 but slips are at home. Fastest dr time was 8.68 in 1/8 and 11.27 in 1000'. This was with a little spinning but none the less my fastest times had been. This converted to 13.4 1/4 mile. Couldn't find the da for Prescott but higher elevation and similar weather. Temp was a little cooler tho. At TRRP I dnt rem if I ran stock tires or not. I did finally work down to 13.8 before night was over. It was being a pig out of the hole and my 1/8 & 1000' times were .5-.6 SLOWER than what I ran a few weeks before. The other tbss was around 12.7 but he is normally around 12.5. Dnt know what my issue was but my ride was def not running "normal". I really should be 13.4 with a shot at 13.3. His car ran times it should have for being stock. Can't compare what he thinks he should run based off of what I have ran. I got some issues to line out on mine for sure. Dnt think lightly modded TBSS's run too bad for being 5k bricks.

Quick Reply: g8 gt vs TBSS