Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Holy crap those new 5.0's are fast!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2011, 03:46 PM
Staging Lane

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by ZONES89RS

You and others actually, if it was just LS guys in here, i wouldnt post in this section.
If it was just LS guys in here, it'd be a big circle jerk

My only bitch about anything was way the conversation turned after the typical "Mustangs are slow yadda yadda yadda" point, which is nbd, doesn't bother me, but I brought up the STOCK 03/04 MACH 1 and the fact that it is neck and neck with an LS1, then somehow a cammed LQ4 put into a third gen is in some way/shape/form related to said STOCK Mach 1? That's the point in the thread that I realized the subject will continuously be changed until it suits turd gen boy's argument...no matter how many subject changes it takes

K, rant over.
Old 04-24-2011, 04:35 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Never compared a mach to my car, thanks anyway ford boy.
Old 04-24-2011, 05:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by It'llrun
Yeah, only I didn't say LSX... I said LS1.

Even if we go with the quickest F-body(this Cougar here isn't a pony car in my world anyway), it's not just a few 10ths... Well, maybe it is, but I've read that the Cougar has run 6.19 now(and a Mustang has gone .30's) and each did it with a single power adder(twin turbo's, no doubt)... The LS... er, LQ F-body record is like 6.86 and I've read it used 2 power adders(but I'm willing to go with twin turbo only)... That's over half a second... compared to a 4.6L... Point is, the 4.6L FACTORY PRODUCTION BLOCK is quite reliable. No LS1 would survive that power, or within 500 of it. That's why so many people switch to the "not-so" lightweight iron block.
You're like a broken record with each of your posts, constantly going back to what these pro drag racers are claiming to use, with no proof what so ever. Everyone knows its a bunch of sandbagging drama queen BS, no one is honest with any of their mods.

They "got their **** together" when they made the 4.6L DOHC...
I know, 260hp out of a 525lbs engine thats the size of a small barn is a total monster...
They also had it together when they built several other V8's along the way, like the 351W, which, after ALL THESE YEARS, still overpowers the LS1, and probably every other version, including aftermarket...
What kind of drugs are you on? Just one paragraph above you try and dispute about government regulations holding back power, and now youre trying to compare an engine made in the 60s to one made in the 90s, under much different regulations. Regardless the LS1 still made more power so I don't see what your getting at...

Bottom line, THINK some... If you don't know what you're talking about(and you don't), it's not a great idea to spout off in here because some of us actually do and we'll see you...
Probably the most ironic thing you have said...
Kettle, meet pot.
Old 04-24-2011, 08:33 PM
Staging Lane

Never compared a mach to my car, thanks anyway ford boy.
No, but you conveniently forgot about the Mach when running your mouth about Mustangs, then out of left field (after you already looked like an *** because I proved your statement wrong) you bring up your car...ONCE AGAIN bringing your car out of nowhere when it was never mentioned, in the middle of an exchange comparing stock cars. Obviously you have a deep seeded hunger for attention in the direction of your car otherwise you would not bring it up when it isn't mentioned, GM boy
Old 04-24-2011, 08:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FordHater
Thanks for calling me an idiot without even knowing anything about me... I hope ranting on me made your day.
I didn't call you an idiot, just rookie. If you don't know the difference, I suppose you are an idiot too, but that's on you.

Originally Posted by FordHater
Thanks *******.
NOW I'm calling you an idiot. Friggin' CHILDREN on here is the biggest bother... Children like you, who can't keep their feelings in check. You may be sitting in mommy's living room, but in here, you'll be treated accordingly and not spoiled, no matter what mommy and daddy told you the world is like!

When at any time did i ask for you to be impressed? There are several impressed with my 89, so your retarded *** ricer opinion doesnt matter now does it, you are on the slow side mentally i assume.
I'm impressed with your car, no doubt. Rare to see a 3rd gen run well, let alone notably well. On another note, he's just screwing with you.

Originally Posted by WSsick
This section is brutal, and if you're going to be a crybaby...
A couple are learning now...

Really? You'd give him a temp ban because you don't like what he has to say or you don't like the guy? There are plenty of well respected members here (not claiming myself to be one) that have zero issue with Stopsign. YOU are the one getting bent out of shape. This section is different than all the rest, we have a lot of non-LSX guys who frequent this section because it's a good time. Most of us get along, it's the guys who actually are bothered that there are non-LSX guys on the site that end up ruining it (and the LSX/LT1 fanbois).

Bottom line: Breathe. Chill out and look how bad you blew this up. Not everyone is going to like your turd gen (and if you can't take that, or a joke, you definitely should not be a mod here...or on the internet at all).
Fairly well stated, sir...

I screw with people on here regularly... That's just how it is and I'm hardly alone. Most any other part of the site is tame in comparison and MOST of us leave our "issues" here when moving from here. Donno if I'm well respected either, but I'm not out to be anyway. I've been around here long enough to know what matters. Two things that DON'T are who has the quickest car OR the most money.
Old 04-24-2011, 08:46 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
You're like a broken record with each of your posts, constantly going back to what these pro drag racers are claiming to use, with no proof what so ever. Everyone knows its a bunch of sandbagging drama queen BS, no one is honest with any of their mods.
If you're convinced I sound like a broken record, USE you ignore feature. That way, you don't have to keep crying about what I say.

As for proof, try proving me wrong instead of complaining that I offered none. NOTE that others have been involved in this discussion(including you) and not a soul has even attemtped to argue against the facts I presented. Rather, a couple, like you, want to only argue THAT they were presented and then cry because their favorite got beaten. There are no LS1's even remotely in the performance range of the 4.6L in "all out" form. Not even a little bit. The closest is an LQ4 block, made of IRON in case nobody told you...

I really like the LS1 and all other LS series engines for many reasons. However, NONE of those reasons are "because it's better than anything Ford offers" because it's not. That's the end of the story, quite frankly. All the trash talking means nuts... Even the ragged OLD 5.8L still bests the LS series. The LS1 itself simply never had a shot. It's built too weak to withstand the abuse. The 351 ran better 10yrs ago than the LS has to date. Don't cry to me... That's why GM replaced it with a better lineup.

I know, 260hp out of a 525lbs engine thats the size of a small barn is a total monster...
How much does the LQ4 weigh? That's the one "competing" with the 4.6L, not the LS1.

What kind of drugs are you on? Just one paragraph above you try and dispute about government regulations holding back power, and now youre trying to compare an engine made in the 60s to one made in the 90s, under much different regulations. Regardless the LS1 still made more power so I don't see what your getting at...
You noticed my point, and somehow still managed to let it slip right by... The "14yr old technology" of the LS1 isn't even CLOSE to the current technology of the DOHC. Somehow, when compared to even older Ford tech, the LS1 loses. It's a great engine, but it's hardly the best. MOST of GM's current V8 lineup smacks it around like the red-headed stepchild of the family. There ya go, little sister... I put it in it's place behind GM stuff, so you'll be able to realize what I'm talking about. Seems when it's behind a Ford, you can't handle life... It's behind GM too, just not quite as far.

Probably the most ironic thing you have said...
Kettle, meet pot.
I need not look for irony from you... It's all over. Now stop with the mental midget act and move along.
Old 04-24-2011, 08:50 PM
Staging Lane

It'llrun, don't waste your time with JD, someone from Ford pissed in his cheerios a long time ago and with every post it is evident that he wants to make it clear that he is a GM swinger.

By the way JDM, the 4.6 DOHC n/a motors were rated at 305hp, if you're gonna try to sound witty and like you know your ****, it is suggested that you do, in fact, know your ****.
Old 04-24-2011, 08:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by snake95
Obviously you have a deep seeded hunger for attention in the direction of your car otherwise you would not bring it up when it isn't mentioned, GM boy
Exactly what I thought.
Old 04-24-2011, 08:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

Why don't people swap out the LS1 for the LQ4? That's the ******* motor to have son!
Old 04-24-2011, 09:06 PM
10 Second Club

Received 438 Likes on 344 Posts

I'm kinda scratchin my head about It'll run braggin up a 4.6.....those things were turds n/a comparivtally to na ls's. The 03-04 cobra's ran good, but definetly not unbeatable.
Old 04-24-2011, 09:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
I'm kinda scratchin my head about It'll run braggin up a 4.6.....those things were turds n/a comparivtally to na ls's. The 03-04 cobra's ran good, but definetly not unbeatable.
This has been covered time.....and time....and time again.

A bolt on 99-01 Cobra (not saying a 96-98 wont, I've just personally never done it with one) and bolt on Mach 1 will hang/beat a bolt on LS1. I've done it more than a couple times. You win some you lose some, thats how the game is.
Old 04-24-2011, 09:38 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
This has been covered time.....and time....and time again.

A bolt on 99-01 Cobra (not saying a 96-98 wont, I've just personally never done it with one) and bolt on Mach 1 will hang/beat a bolt on LS1. I've done it more than a couple times. You win some you lose some, thats how the game is.
Yep. I haven't had to many probs with a bolt-on LS1 when I hit the track. My 12yr old valve covers have never been off.

So many butthurt people take the internet so serious. lol.

-Mark
Old 04-24-2011, 09:42 PM
10 Second Club

As i have'nt had ANY problems with 4.6's around here.....bolt-on or supercharged or turbocharged. I'm sure their out there, but they will have spent alot of money to out run a 9 yr old ls6.
Old 04-24-2011, 09:42 PM
Teching In

I heard that the new edges run high 13's average

I tried not to type it, but the 3rd grader in me made me do it.

Where is Irunelevens at.

Just messing with you elevens
Old 04-24-2011, 09:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

As i have'nt had ANY problems with 4.6's around here.....bolt-on or supercharged or turbocharged. I'm sure their out there, but they will have spent alot of money to out run a 9 yr old ls6.
Coming from someone that swapped in a completely different motor than the stock one along with a custom twin disc clutch and a proshifted transmission.
Old 04-24-2011, 10:12 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by snake95
It'llrun, don't waste your time with JD, someone from Ford pissed in his cheerios a long time ago and with every post it is evident that he wants to make it clear that he is a GM swinger.
Yeah, well... Sometimes I simply want a laugh.

By the way JDM, the 4.6 DOHC n/a motors were rated at 305hp, if you're gonna try to sound witty and like you know your ****, it is suggested that you do, in fact, know your ****.
I wasn't going to bother with making a case for power output in stock form... He's clearly looking to compare the wheezing SOHC engine... Even THAT has run 8's...

I decided it better to point out, with all that weight, the reality is, LS1's just aren't strong enough to go at it with the 4.6L, which is why many go iron(LQ)... Then that weight difference is not only basically gone if not reversed, but pointless... The "heavy" engine can handle the power and LS1 cannot.

It's not bragging... it's true. Since it's true, people just like you come along and not only call it bragging, but then INSIST on making the comparison in the way you want it seen, as if power adders shouldn't be, or simply aren't being used... The fact is, forced induction is used and with it, those "not so fast" 4.6L's can become small ci monsters.

I'm scratching my head at all the, "but if you DON'T fully build the 4.6L, it isn't as fast" nonsense. Drag racing isn't limited to N/A cars and hasn't been for about 50yrs.

Oh, and your LS3 crate engine was cheap? I've never bothered to build my own 4.6L for racing. If I did, I'd be mad if it didn't run 10's for under 6k in mods. I'd be doing all the labor, of course. I wouldn't bother with a SOHC either, because it can't make the power of the DOHC.
Old 04-24-2011, 10:15 PM
On The Tree

I didn't call you an idiot, just rookie. If you don't know the difference, I suppose you are an idiot too, but that's on you.

NOW I'm calling you an idiot. Friggin' CHILDREN on here is the biggest bother... Children like you, who can't keep their feelings in check. You may be sitting in mommy's living room, but in here, you'll be treated accordingly and not spoiled, no matter what mommy and daddy told you the world is like!
I'm not a child... and I'm sitting in my own house I bought myself. I've been a member on my Nova forum for years and years..., just bought my T/A as a DD last fall so I joined this one. Got a problem with that?
Old 04-24-2011, 10:17 PM
12 Second Club

The 5.0s w bolt ons are indeed quick. The Termi's with a few bolt ons were great!! But I personally after driving both of those choose my LS1 Trans am - not because it was "better" but it was a hell of a lot cheaper to own and mod. So that being said - I love my car but I also love anything else thats pretty fast too.
Old 04-24-2011, 10:37 PM
10 Second Club

Oh, and your LS3 crate engine was cheap? I've never bothered to build my own 4.6L for racing. If I did, I'd be mad if it didn't run 10's for under 6k in mods. I'd be doing all the labor, of course. I wouldn't bother with a SOHC either, because it can't make the power of the DOHC.
It's a ls6 not a 3 or it would be even faster......think about it...this is one of gm's lower crate engines now. It cost less than the 6k your gonna spend. I have seen them for $3295 new before. I gave $5200 for it...err well my friend paid $4500 (I paid the difference) for it after he blew my ls1 up with a 3rd to 2nd shift back in 02. The whole engine cost less than the supercharger your gonna need to keep up.
Old 04-24-2011, 10:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

If you're convinced I sound like a broken record, USE you ignore feature. That way, you don't have to keep crying about what I say.
Id rather stop you from trying to spread very biased BS.

As for proof, try proving me wrong instead of complaining that I offered none. NOTE that others have been involved in this discussion(including you) and not a soul has even attemtped to argue against the facts I presented.
There are no facts other than some numbers these two completely different cars built for different reasons in different classes ran in a strait line. It shows absolutely nothing about which is "superior", neither were competing with each other.
And there is no proof of that the block is anywhere near stock, or stock displacement. What methods do the regulators/rule makers use to check displacement, do you know?

There are no LS1's even remotely in the performance range of the 4.6L in "all out" form.
Proof with no rules/regulations restricting either?

I really like the LS1 and all other LS series engines for many reasons. However, NONE of those reasons are "because it's better than anything Ford offers" because it's not.
I don't like the LSx's because they are better than anything Ford offers (and in many many ways they are...) but because of what they offer. Small, lightweight engine that inexpensive and powerful, and can make power easy(and still pass emissions too...).

That's the end of the story, quite frankly. All the trash talking means nuts... Even the ragged OLD 5.8L still bests the LS series.
In what way exactly?

You noticed my point, and somehow still managed to let it slip right by... The "14yr old technology" of the LS1 isn't even CLOSE to the current technology of the DOHC.
Yet you continue to compare the two? Thats a great argument until you step out into the real world, where things like weight, size, power and torque matter. The "old tech" LS6 is lighter, smaller, cheaper and just as powerful as the "ZOMG HIGHTACH FERD DOHC TACHNOLOGYZ".
We've done this already. The new Coytee engine is awesome no doubt, but its still over weight and way too big.

Quick Reply: Holy crap those new 5.0's are fast!!!