Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Holy crap those new 5.0's are fast!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 05:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ZONES89RS
Sorry I have not updated my info for you, but pulling your rear tires will not win anything, but you can do some pretty sick reverse donuts.

I am married to a woman that drives a v8 86 firebird that would rip you woman's mustang a new *******, after she whooped your hawnduhh with Acura badges.

Yea, another third Gen.
Still at the end of the day she's driving a pos 1986 firebird that wouldn't turn a single head except when you pull in your trailer park. It's a shame you guys missed out on the cash for clunkers deal.
Old 04-23-2011, 06:56 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
I thought LS1s ran 12's stock? And what mods were needed for this 13.0@104mph? Breakdown of the run?
They do. 1 percent of the time.
Old 04-23-2011, 07:23 PM
On The Tree

Glad I had a hand in stirring the pot. It is pretty obvious to distinguish the men from boys on this site. This place cracks me up. Love it.
Old 04-23-2011, 07:30 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by wooddaniel
they've done studies you know, 1% of the time they go 12s every time
Old 04-23-2011, 07:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by wooddaniel
I was just poking fun @ him. I <3 noobs on here
Old 04-23-2011, 07:55 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by snake95
I was being purely sarcastic.
I know, but it is a interesting topic to expand on.
Old 04-23-2011, 07:59 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Still at the end of the day she's driving a pos 1986 firebird that wouldn't turn a single head except when you pull in your trailer park. It's a shame you guys missed out on the cash for clunkers deal.
Actually, she drives a Trailblazer with fully loaded options and a V8, hard to find without a SS package, i drive a 3/4 ton Silverado and the third gens are for smashing punk *** honda drivers that have Acura badges, so sorry, no trailer park here rice boy.

Move along to a forum where you can get "mad props" for your rice bomb and feel like you accomplished something besides good fuel economy.
Old 04-23-2011, 08:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It appears some folks are taking things a little too seriously. The new 5.0 Ford engine looks like a great engine - time will see if it will last 100+K miles in the hands of guys that run them hard.

Good news is the new Mustang will force the General to lighten the Gen V Camaro and increase power to keep up - just like it happened in the 60's, 80's and 90's. Given time, things will only get better. Hell, Dodge might even cut weight off the Challenger and get it competitive too.

As for me, I'll keep daily driving my 99 Z28 and try not to burn too much $4/gallon gas for a few more years, I am looking for 200K on the clock before spending any major $$. The Camaros and Mustangs were made to drive, why not enjoy them.

One thing I don't understand is bashing previous gen Camaros. Having owned a number, I can tell you the Gen 2 is a better car than Gen 1, engine choices and looks not withstanding. The Gen 3 is better than 2 and Gen 4 better still. For those young guys out there, I can personally tell you a Gen 1 with a BBC is fun to drive but does not handle or stop as well as a new 1/2 ton truck. Cars have come a long way in 40 years.
Old 04-23-2011, 08:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

Actually, she drives a Trailblazer with fully loaded options and a V8, hard to find without a SS package, i drive a 3/4 ton Silverado and the third gens are for smashing punk *** honda drivers that have Acura badges, so sorry, no trailer park here rice boy.

Move along to a forum where you can get "mad props" for your rice bomb and feel like you accomplished something besides good fuel economy.
When am I suppose to be impressed? Because this...

$500 car

this

$2000 car

this 03 Blazer with 120k miles on it

and this 01 Silverado with 180k miles on it attached to a rusted pos trailer (I guess you would need to have a tow vehicle for when the turd gens break down)

....they just aren't doing it for me. Carry on though this is pretty fun picking you apart.

Oh and out of curiosity, are you one of those "drag cars" at the local $5 1/8th mile? You know, the $500 car ones that are carbed, auto/stalled, loud as all holy hell because you all think they need to run open headers to run 7's. My bet is on yes.

Oh and I'm not a rice boy, I own more than a couple domestics.
Old 04-23-2011, 08:33 PM
Teching In

well.....fug i guess i better read all 8 pages of this ****
Old 04-23-2011, 08:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

stopsign... nice acura banner in your sig ^^. i like it.
Old 04-23-2011, 08:48 PM
In-Zane Moderator

When am I suppose to be impressed? Because this...

and this 01 Silverado with 180k miles on it attached to a rusted pos trailer (I guess you would need to have a tow vehicle for when the turd gens break down)

....they just aren't doing it for me. Carry on though this is pretty fun picking you apart.

Oh and out of curiosity, are you one of those "drag cars" at the local $5 1/8th mile? You know, the $500 car ones that are carbed, auto/stalled, loud as all holy hell because you all think they need to run open headers to run 7's. My bet is on yes.

Oh and I'm not a rice boy, I own more than a couple domestics.

Actually, the cost were initial, blood and sweat has them looking and running the way they do, and no one wants you to be jelous princess, you take it how you like, the truck is for towing my cars to the track and my own company purposes, and no, anyone here will tell the third gens are street driven and have full exhaust, so keep picking apart whatever it is you imagine, my cars you hate on so much will drag your bitch *** and time of day in you in anything you own sweet heart. And sorry, the trailer is not mine, so I cannot claim it.

One thing I know, if someone isnt hating on you, you aren't doing something right

Rocking that sig and avatar, you are a rice boy, otherwise, read what I said about going to the import forums so you can be "in" because you are last place here.
Old 04-23-2011, 08:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

Actually, the cost were initial, blood and sweat has them looking and running the way they do, and no one wants you to be jelous princess, you take it how you like, the truck is for towing my cars to the track and my own company purposes, and no, anyone here will tell the third gens are street driven and have full exhaust, so keep picking apart whatever it is you imagine, my cars you hate on so much will drag your bitch *** and time of day in you in anything you own sweet heart. And sorry, the trailer is not mine, so I cannot claim it.

One thing I know, if someone isnt hating on you, you aren't doing something right

Rocking that sig and avatar, you are a rice boy, otherwise, read what I said about going to the import forums so you can be "in" because you are last place here.
You still haven't answered my question. What about any and let me say that again...... any of your rides should I be impressed about? What is the break down of your run? What is your suspension setup and wheels and tires? Because from what I see is just your local Billy Bob 1/8th mile drag setup.
Old 04-23-2011, 08:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by JHL88
stopsign... nice acura banner in your sig ^^. i like it.
thanks! I can't take credit for it though. I saw it on another forum and I liked it.
Old 04-23-2011, 11:04 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Redfire 03
Agre...wait. What? Are you talking about John Mihovetz 2002 car? Yes it is faster than any LSX powered vehicle on the planet, but not by 2-seconds. A few tenths is more like it.
Yeah, only I didn't say LSX... I said LS1.

Even if we go with the quickest F-body(this Cougar here isn't a pony car in my world anyway), it's not just a few 10ths... Well, maybe it is, but I've read that the Cougar has run 6.19 now(and a Mustang has gone .30's) and each did it with a single power adder(twin turbo's, no doubt)... The LS... er, LQ F-body record is like 6.86 and I've read it used 2 power adders(but I'm willing to go with twin turbo only)... That's over half a second... compared to a 4.6L... Point is, the 4.6L FACTORY PRODUCTION BLOCK is quite reliable. No LS1 would survive that power, or within 500 of it. That's why so many people switch to the "not-so" lightweight iron block.

Originally Posted by ANTICOP RAM AIR
Youll see how far they have dropped when I put them in your mouth.

And yes, I do own a 13sec F-body, go **** yourself
You're sounding more like a kid with each post.

Oh, and I never said the new Mustang was garbage or anything of the sort. They did finally get their **** together and that Coyote engine is one bad mother ******. But... an outdated LS1 with some bolt-ons can still hang with it? Maybe that is more of a testament to the quality of the LSx design than anything.
Or.. maybe when you grow up some you'll take note of these things we call "governmental regulations" in America... We could all have more powerful factory engines, but the government uses costly restrictions so the manufacturer leaves much off the table.

They "got their **** together" when they made the 4.6L DOHC... Back when you were apparently in diapers. They also had it together when they built several other V8's along the way, like the 351W, which, after ALL THESE YEARS, still overpowers the LS1, and probably every other version, including aftermarket... And that 351W used 1950's technology and was offered back in like 1968(memory fades with time). Point here('cause I know you'll miss it unless I point it out) is, even with more outdated technology than the LS1, the really old Ford is easily just as good. That old technology is much of the stuff GM used to create the LS series cylinder heads, come to think of it.

Bottom line, THINK some... If you don't know what you're talking about(and you don't), it's not a great idea to spout off in here because some of us actually do and we'll see you...

Originally Posted by snake95
What are you talking about, man? The new 5.0's are maxxed from the factory!
Sho you right!

Originally Posted by Carter01
I don't keep up with these cars very much but they are impressive. However this is the second a6 I have seen that took a major crap. Local guy did get his replaced under warranty after the youtube vidoes were found. Keep fighting with Ford, you will eventually shake the right tree and someone can make it happen.
A6? I haven't heard of any problems with those.

OWIE! Y'all aught to knock that off...
Old 04-23-2011, 11:27 PM
On The Tree

This thread is great
Old 04-23-2011, 11:28 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Like I said to Stopsign. You win! Im not arguing anymore. To be honest, you internet geniuses are way to smart for me. Have a nice night.
Old 04-23-2011, 11:44 PM
On The Tree

x 2 on that one. Seriously getting sick of people who don't even own ls1's only on the site to stir **** up and cause arguments... I guess some people have nothing better to do with their life.
Old 04-24-2011, 12:00 AM
TECH Addict

Like I said to Stopsign. You win! Im not arguing anymore. To be honest, you internet geniuses are way to smart for me. Have a nice night.
I'm glad you came around. You were really making yourself look stupid for awhile. Truth hurts, but it doesn't care what you want no matter.

Originally Posted by FordHater
x 2 on that one. Seriously getting sick of people who don't even own ls1's only on the site to stir **** up and cause arguments... I guess some people have nothing better to do with their life.
Sadly(for you), nobody really cares what the rookies opinion is... Guess what? You're the rookie.

You've been here what, 5-6 months now? And you're "seriously sick" of people here? Then by all means, Carry your *** back to the winter forums or something. In other words, if you're already sick of it, LEAVE! Nobody will miss you here. "Haters" need no apply in the 1st place. Just because it's called "LS1tech" doesn't mean nobody without an LS1 can be here. I'd almost bet more than 1/2 the members here DON'T own an LS1.

You won't get special good treatment here for having and LS1... OR for being an idiot.
Old 04-24-2011, 12:20 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by It'llrun
Sadly(for you), nobody really cares what the rookies opinion is... Guess what? You're the rookie.

You've been here what, 5-6 months now? And you're "seriously sick" of people here? Then by all means, Carry your *** back to the winter forums or something. In other words, if you're already sick of it, LEAVE! Nobody will miss you here. "Haters" need no apply in the 1st place. Just because it's called "LS1tech" doesn't mean nobody without an LS1 can be here. I'd almost bet more than 1/2 the members here DON'T own an LS1.

You won't get special good treatment here for having and LS1... OR for being an idiot.
Thanks for calling me an idiot without even knowing anything about me... I hope ranting on me made your day.

Quick Reply: Holy crap those new 5.0's are fast!!!