Old 04-28-2011, 01:56 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

its still a carbed turd gen in the end.
Old 04-28-2011, 03:05 AM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by It'llrun
First off... What made this about YOUR car, or are you just trying really hard to brag? I think you're nuts... There are hundreds of people in the Houston area way too willing to race on the street. As dangerous as Houston traffic is, it happens all the time. Conroe isn't that far north, so haul down 45 and find more takers. You're not likely to find such a 302HO anywhere... They've moved on by now. Had you built yours 10-20yrs ago, you've have seen plenty and been wishing GM offered what you have now.

You can't be serious though, about motor to motor... You built yours, they built theirs(or had someone else build it), so if you're gonna be "King of the Street" you just go on and do it. My point is, Fox body Mustangs have been in the 10's for about 20yrs... You're not breaking new ground or anything. My DD ran 11's in 1997 with the engine that came in it... So??

I'd almost bet there are 10 or more which can run at least as well as yours. Go to the 1/4 mile track and try on one of them there 2011's, like this one... in your neck of the woods... Think he's SCARED?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avULeTJRgGU
If ya thought "maybe," try this... ~> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZopO...eature=related

So, YOU'RE the King of the Streets down that way... Go try that nearly brand new Mustang with a factory installed engine underhood! Go on, getcha some...

There are THOUSANDS of them... Not all in your area, but many are. 2011's are just a drop in the bucket. Another million or more run well too, many quicker than 10's.

Lest we forget, you BRAG about your "stock long block with a cam and carb" when in fact, the cam removed all doubt that it isn't a stock longblock, PLUS... It not only didn't come in your SEVERELY LIGHTENED CAR, but it wasn't even available for more than another decade after yours was originally built. Yours has a totally different engine in it than it came with, but you wanna LIMIT the competition... Pffft... Run what ya brung...

As if you've ever built either... I'll just tell you... WRONG! It's far easier to build a 350 than the Ford 302/351 because the Ford engine actually requires thought. I know, because when MOST people building them were not running 11's, somehow I found a way, along with my brother, the real mechanic, and several other people who has shops. We did my car in my driveway. Even today, when parts are available on a whim, most people don't know "how" to properly build a 302 or 351W. Our starter engines were 350's... 283, actually.

The reason more 350's are swapped hasn't changed. It has nothing to do with the Ford engine. Instead, it has everything to do with the fact junkyards were totally overloaded with SBC's for 20-30yrs and you could get one for next to nothing and in some cases FOR nothing... There were probably 4-10million more of them built. That made them cheap to play with and people took advantage.
Never claimed to be king of anything, my car is a average street car out here, but no punk *** 302, motor on motor in street trim has given me a run heads up.

And yea, i have built ford, chevy and dodge, and a pushrod motor is simple as all else. If you dont agree, i guess you complicate the uncomplicated.

From my experience, the fox 5.0 ran well because of weight, i have owned stangs, so i am not just a GM nutswinger, been there and done it.

And the videos i posted were in Houston BTW, plenty more where that came from.

I have run the new 5.0s, one stock, the other had exhaust, tune, induction. They ran well, but not well enough. Looking forward to running one that has more done, like headers and what not.

Glad you like my ride

Originally Posted by snake95
Here you go again referring to your setup as "stock". If I swap a Ford GT motor into my Mustang, can I run around telling people "It's just a stock longblock"?

Once you swap a different engine into your car, unless it is the same as the factory engine that came in the car, it isn't "STOCK"...not to mention the reason that people go with the LQ4 is for strength, which is usually a good indication that someone plans to run quite a bit more power than the stock LS1 can hold...
Yea, it is a stock truck motor, nothing special, a junkyard 6.0 with a cam and carb, not like i have a LS2 that is lighter with more compression, just a 6.0 that runs on 87 octane.

And yea, you could say "It is a stock Ford GT motor", even though it is a factory performance motor..

I say it is A STOCK LONG BLOCK, not the original long block.

And the LQ4 is swapped into many vehicles is primarily because they are cheaper than LS1,2,6 ect motors, budget minded. That is why i have one, otherwise i am not looking to make enough power to distort a aluminum block.
Old 04-28-2011, 03:08 AM
In-Zane Moderator

Originally Posted by itsslow98
its still a carbed turd gen in the end.
Exactly, and that is what i like about it, when you drag someones *** in my car, they still got beat by a mullet machine with a out dated old *** carb and a truck motor with a used cam.

I dont claim my car to be anything more, love it or hate it, it gets the job done, and when i roll up, there are usually ZERO other third gens, i dont like being like everyone else if i can help it.

Hope to have my all motor 10 second 1/4 slip by the end of this year too
Old 04-28-2011, 03:10 AM
In-Zane Moderator

Here is a video for you haters if you wanna see the front tires leave the ground

Old 04-28-2011, 05:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by It'llrun
Of course, not that you'd notice or anything... We're talking about 1997 model, not a 2003. Find me a 1997 that ran a 12.7...
No we absolutely are NOT. You said an LS1 Corvette would be lucky to beat a Mach 1. I showed you an LS1 Corvette! You found the best Mach times you could to bolster your argument, and I did the same. Nobody said anything about it being a 97 only, or with 100,000 miles, or with a one armed blind man driving, or racing on top of Mt Everest, or whatever excuse you need for your backpedalling. But excuses from you are expected, you are a Ford guy afterall. I swear when you bought an older 5.0 Mustang Ford included a list of excuses in the owners manual, along with gift certificates for a 5" tach and Flowmaster mufflers.
Old 04-28-2011, 06:55 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I swear when you bought an older 5.0 Mustang Ford included a list of excuses in the owners manual, along with gift certificates for a 5" tach and Flowmaster mufflers.

I lol'd literally!!!
Don't forget the free mullet hair cut and stock nitrous bottle...
Old 04-28-2011, 06:59 AM
Teching In

Does anyone else here besides "Zones89RS" race Or does everyone just race their mouths??

As "junk" as that turd gen supposedly is atleast he's willing to back his **** up with a track vid. Can't say the same about anyone else.

And that comment about the 5.0 with the tach gift certificate is so true. LOL
Old 04-28-2011, 07:04 AM
On The Tree

I race
Old 04-28-2011, 07:11 AM
Teching In

Sure it must be because Chevy produced the 350 for what 3 years longer than the 302 was? Which was also in many cars and trucks over the years.
There is no way around it the SBC is the better engine for whatever reason and the ls is taking its place as an even better platform.
I'm so very sorry you ford boys have bleeding vaginas... If you want to go fast get a ls.
Old 04-28-2011, 08:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by ZONES89RS
but no punk *** 302, motor on motor in street trim has given me a run heads up.
This made me LOL

This guy is a complete clown. And I'm positive I could build a 302 based motor with my eyes closed that would do what is said can't be done here.

Anyways why are you comparing a 364cid motor to a 302cid motor? Oh thats right...

Last edited by Stopsign32v; 04-28-2011 at 08:38 AM.
Old 04-28-2011, 08:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by 69chevelleSS
Sure it must be because Chevy produced the 350 for what 3 years longer than the 302 was? Which was also in many cars and trucks over the years.
There is no way around it the SBC is the better engine for whatever reason and the ls is taking its place as an even better platform.
I'm so very sorry you ford boys have bleeding vaginas... If you want to go fast get a ls.
Do you guys realize the GM boys are always the ones that seem to have the bleeding vaginas? Yes you included.
Old 04-28-2011, 09:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i think the new camaro could put down extraordinary numbers like that if gm could figure out how to put that fat bitch on a diet
Old 04-28-2011, 09:55 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ZONES89RS
I say it is A STOCK LONG BLOCK, not the original long block.
By definition you do not have a stock long block. Once you put that cam in it (an internal mod) you now only have a stock shortblock. Longblock means stock shortblock, heads, and cam.

Nice vid...Loose front end I see. Should slow your rise though. I see you race at the no shutdown track. lol Must have huge brakes. How long's that shutdown? 100ft? Seen so many crashes at that track..granted alot of them are pro mods but still.

Ron- I race my car all the time. As a racer I can appreciate the blood, sweat and tears someone puts into their pride and joy. Some get big headed because of it, some are like Clark Kent..a mild mannered reporter. I am the later.

If you want a vid of a mustang to prove we ford guys race here is my stock longblock n/a 4.6 turd. Definately not the fastest but for a cvnt hair over 300rwhp it holds its own. Beat a few h/c/i LS1's before too. Got accused of spraying too. I throw them the keys and say if you find a bottle in the car, you can have it (the car).

Very old vid...In the other lane is a 408 auto'd S10. I held him off till the 330'...and tree'd his **** too.

Still on the stock 10yr old motor. a little weight reduction, a little more power, and shifting like I'm trying to break it... First 11 sec pass too.

I will say everytime I'm on the return road and if there is a broken down car (Ford, GM, Mopar, etc) I always stop and ask the guy if he needs help. We're all racers doing the thing we love.

-Mark
Old 04-28-2011, 09:58 AM
Tech Apprentice

The new Camaro SS is barely if at all (not by me) considered a performance car.
Old 04-28-2011, 10:11 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by shepss217
i think the new camaro could put down extraordinary numbers like that if gm could figure out how to put that fat bitch on a diet
True. The stock exhaust weighs something like 65LBS or something ridiculous like that. Another thing is that there are too many creature comforts which all add weight. You should be able to get a stripper version.

Originally Posted by Stopsign32v
The LS3 is a great motor. The car is just too heavy to take advantage of it. Ford just has the winning formula out of the big 3; lighter with more performance options, and an equally great powerplant. I still want a Challenger as a DD though; those things are sex on wheels.
Old 04-28-2011, 11:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

thats a pretty bold and ignorant statement. yea its a little overweight, BUT it still competes with the new 5.0. just give it a few years and it WILL get better. they haven't had a "performance pony" since 2002. and as i recall in 2010 it was the leader in performance in that category. the mustang had time to work on the s197 since 2005 or 2004 for that matter
Old 04-28-2011, 11:31 AM
11 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by JHL88
thats a pretty bold and ignorant statement. yea its a little overweight, BUT it still competes with the new 5.0. just give it a few years and it WILL get better. they haven't had a "performance pony" since 2002. and as i recall in 2010 it was the leader in performance in that category. the mustang had time to work on the s197 since 2005 or 2004 for that matter
Agreed.

The ford nutswinging that has been abound since the 2011 GT was even announced is astounding.

Awesome follow up for the nutswingers who just think a few cars were abused :

http://jalopnik.com/#!5796207/ford-s...-transmissions
Old 04-28-2011, 11:44 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RON 95ZR1
Does anyone else here besides "Zones89RS" race Or does everyone just race their mouths??
Do you race the ZR1? I know I'd love to see that thing in action, so please, post videos if ya got 'em.

Do explain...
Old 04-28-2011, 11:51 AM
On The Tree

Damn Ford Mustang Nut Swingers!

(chuckles)
Old 04-28-2011, 12:18 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Bitemark46
If you want a vid of a mustang to prove we ford guys race here is my stock longblock n/a 4.6 turd. Definately not the fastest but for a cvnt hair over 300rwhp it holds its own. Beat a few h/c/i LS1's before too. Got accused of spraying too. I throw them the keys and say if you find a bottle in the car, you can have it (the car).

Still on the stock 10yr old motor. a little weight reduction, a little more power, and shifting like I'm trying to break it... First 11 sec pass too.
Nice!! About right there with the fastest bolt-on LT1 I've seen run. Respectable.

Quick Reply: Holy crap those new 5.0's are fast!!!