Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

C6 Z06 vs 2012 GTR

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 10:02 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Either way you got way out of line bro.. u shouldn't ever get that way on an online forum. Im not trying to stir anything up but come on man.
Old 05-02-2011, 12:34 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by impulsegoat
Either way you got way out of line bro.. u shouldn't ever get that way on an online forum. Im not trying to stir anything up but come on man.
Its the internet.

Im all for supporting local business and will often choose them over say buying things online for the price difference, but you have to admit that quality in alot of American industry is still lacking.

The funny thing is, it was an American who helped teach the Japanese quality and regrow their manufacturing industry to what it is today. (demming)
Old 05-02-2011, 12:59 AM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LightningTeg
Its the internet.

Im all for supporting local business and will often choose them over say buying things online for the price difference, but you have to admit that quality in alot of American industry is still lacking.

The funny thing is, it was an American who helped teach the Japanese quality and regrow their manufacturing industry to what it is today. (demming)
I kinda have to back teg here. I'd buy more American cars if they were better than what they have been compared to the foreign competition. That being said and with the way cars have been in the recent year or so my next car will probably be a ford(5.0 mustang). The only reason I have my T/A is because I love the car more than it's faults would deter me from driving it. I bought the Bimmer as my first foreign car because I couldn't find anything at the time that was AWD, turbo, 6 or more cylinders, handles good, and is 4 doors.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:07 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Nacho SS
+1 This man gets the picture. The plants might be here to give people jobs and provide a measly amount of income for this country, but at the end of any given quarter, the $ made goes overseas, not here.

America was built on a manufacturing production base, and its economic health depends on American made goods built, sold, and used here in the states. Globalization and vertical integration may be the modern trend, but Mach is right...too little resources spread far too thin in this country.

+1

70% of our business is GM and Ford. Guess where our profit goes? That's right... Japan. A Japanese owned company producing American parts. Oh noes!!!
Old 05-02-2011, 02:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Killemall

As far as your 6'6" and 300 pounds....LOL..I love that ****. I **** your kind up pretty good. Slow and akward. Even more so when you start talking about a wrestling back ground. Wrestling is the most pathetic **** their is. There is no pride in that **** on the street. You wanna fucken take away someones pride then you hit them so hard and so fast that all the see is a flash of lightning and then wake up with you standing over top of them.
That's not about me dumbass, read the thread, that what someone else said about themself.
Old 05-02-2011, 12:23 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by proporio
That's not about me dumbass, read the thread, that what someone else said about themself.
Just STFU. I dont care about your demensions other than your wing span.
Old 05-02-2011, 03:27 PM
Staging Lane

It's amazing how much misinformation is flying around these boards about GTRs and even other cars as well from people that have most likely never owned/driven these cars.

First off, to the people talking about the trannys being weak in the GTR, I hope you understand that the trannys that did break early on (and even today) are the cause of a bunch of idiots behind the wheel of those cars. I know people with OVER 100 launches on the stock tranny without any issues, and I know people that have launched their cars much less than that and grenade. Why? Because the ******** that break the trannys are the ones that launch their car over, and over, and over, and over again without letting the tranny cool down. It is those idiots that break the tranny and give the GTR tranny a bad rap. The record holding, stock turboed GTR that runs 10.0s @137 has had over 100 launches and no problems at all. Why? Because the owner is not an idiot.

Second, as far as looks goes, that is pure subjective and useless to even bring up. I also used to think the GTR is hideous looking and that no way, no how would I ever purchase one. Well, today I own a GTR and it is the best car I have yet to own. More to come later on this subject..

Third, 680 awhp running 11s? LOL. GTRs with a filter and a custom tune will go 10s ALL DAY long, every time. Check out NAGTROC forums and see for yourself. If there is a 680 awhp GTR running 11s, it is either broken, not making the power, or sand bagging to an extreme.

After I sold my Gallardo, I had every intention of buying my friends 1000 HP 997 TT. After a long drive with a chceck in hand with every intention of buying the car, I came home empty handed. The car did NOTHING for me as far as driving dynamics, with the exception of looked good. Then I was stumped as to what I should get next. I started PM'ing a bunch of different exotic car owners that have the GTR in their stable to get their opinion about the car, and each and every one replied in the same manner, saying "it is one of the best cars I have driven". A response like that from those owners motivated me to drive one. Long story short, after a 30 minute test drive, I bought one the same day.

I have owned many cars in the past, and most of you know this, and I can sincerely tell you that the GTR is the best car I have ever driven. Nothing I have owned before handles, steers, brakes, shifts, or drives better than this car. It is not the best looking car I have owned, but by far the best overall car I have owned. To me, bad *** is bad ***, I don't care who makes it, and the GTR is BAD ***!

Stay tuned to many, many race vids this season, but for all you GTR haters, be ready to place a bucket by your side to capture the tears as you watch my rice rocket diminish into the far distance against many domestics I will be up against (and you will also witness my losing to a few domestics, too)
Old 05-02-2011, 06:49 PM
***Repost Police***

I don't want to provoke this conversation anymore than necessary, but I do have a few things to say; While the final "profit" from Honda/Toyota/Nissan/BMW/Mercedes/etc., does eventually make it back to the country of origin, you have to realize that isn't very much. Remember that every one of these companies has a dedicated American/North American hierarchy, and all of those executives and employees have to get paid too. And a good amount of the profit that eventually DOES make it back to the country of origin (whether it be Japan, Italy, Germany, etc) gets re-invested back into their American endeavors. And while I do admit that perhaps the media has painted a negative image of American cars for a bit too long, the Big 3 definitely earned it at one point. And they JUST caught up.
Old 05-02-2011, 06:57 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Fadi
It's amazing how much misinformation is flying around these boards about GTRs and even other cars as well from people that have most likely never owned/driven these cars.

First off, to the people talking about the trannys being weak in the GTR, I hope you understand that the trannys that did break early on (and even today) are the cause of a bunch of idiots behind the wheel of those cars. I know people with OVER 100 launches on the stock tranny without any issues, and I know people that have launched their cars much less than that and grenade. Why? Because the ******** that break the trannys are the ones that launch their car over, and over, and over, and over again without letting the tranny cool down. It is those idiots that break the tranny and give the GTR tranny a bad rap. The record holding, stock turboed GTR that runs 10.0s @137 has had over 100 launches and no problems at all. Why? Because the owner is not an idiot.

Second, as far as looks goes, that is pure subjective and useless to even bring up. I also used to think the GTR is hideous looking and that no way, no how would I ever purchase one. Well, today I own a GTR and it is the best car I have yet to own. More to come later on this subject..

Third, 680 awhp running 11s? LOL. GTRs with a filter and a custom tune will go 10s ALL DAY long, every time. Check out NAGTROC forums and see for yourself. If there is a 680 awhp GTR running 11s, it is either broken, not making the power, or sand bagging to an extreme.

After I sold my Gallardo, I had every intention of buying my friends 1000 HP 997 TT. After a long drive with a chceck in hand with every intention of buying the car, I came home empty handed. The car did NOTHING for me as far as driving dynamics, with the exception of looked good. Then I was stumped as to what I should get next. I started PM'ing a bunch of different exotic car owners that have the GTR in their stable to get their opinion about the car, and each and every one replied in the same manner, saying "it is one of the best cars I have driven". A response like that from those owners motivated me to drive one. Long story short, after a 30 minute test drive, I bought one the same day.

I have owned many cars in the past, and most of you know this, and I can sincerely tell you that the GTR is the best car I have ever driven. Nothing I have owned before handles, steers, brakes, shifts, or drives better than this car. It is not the best looking car I have owned, but by far the best overall car I have owned. To me, bad *** is bad ***, I don't care who makes it, and the GTR is BAD ***!

Stay tuned to many, many race vids this season, but for all you GTR haters, be ready to place a bucket by your side to capture the tears as you watch my rice rocket diminish into the far distance against many domestics I will be up against (and you will also witness my losing to a few domestics, too)

**** NAGTROC.....Thats like telling people to go to the Z06 forum and check out the fast list to see how all stock z06's run 10.9-11.3 at 126-128 mph...LOL....Guy was on his pump gas setting of 680 awhp and turned the 11.68 at 128 mph with easy launching. Is what it is. Im sure he can go MUCH faster on race gas with agressive launching. But again it is what it is.

Wow..This is some sad ****. From C5Z06 to SRT10 Viper to C6Z06 to used lambo and now to this suddenly GTR fanboy ****.

"What happenned to you Dillan. You used to be somebody I could trust...Got you pushin to many pencils at the CIA?"

Ive talked to enough owners and read enough reviews and seen enough videos to know that the thing the car is lacking is SOUL. You can be fast around a track but at the same time never have thrills. That is the case here. My nsx was slow as hell. But it had more soul than any car Ive ever owned. Somthing that everyone says the GTR is lacking.

This is some sad **** man. That GTR should be your DD and you should be posting more vids of your TT gallardo beaten up on ZR1's ect. Instead you fall off the earth and re-emerge on LS1tech with a Huge japanese flag tatooed across your face.

You even went as far to make your first ricer excuses. Instead of just admitting the trannie is a expensive POS. You go on to say that some guys have a 100 hard launches and never broke...The guys tat diid are idiots???????????Too funny man. I can do 100 hard launches in my previous camaro/vette/vipers in a single week and never have to even think about it. Theirs nights were I will do 20 1/4 mile passes in an hour and thirty minutes. Run after run after run with zero kool down. Thats what you get with american cars.

Im honestly disgusted at your post. You dont even mention the fact of how a 2006 Z06 that came out 6 years ago is faster than all the 2007-2011 heavier Z06's "especially the carbon" and would likely have beaten or tied that 2012 GTR with its 6 year newer technology.

Sad indeed

Last edited by Killemall; 05-02-2011 at 07:10 PM.
Old 05-02-2011, 07:06 PM
***Repost Police***

Wow..This is some sad ****. From C5Z06 to SRT10 Viper to C6Z06 to used lambo and now to this suddenly GTR fanboy ****.

"What happenned to you Dillan. You used to be somebody I could trust...Got you pushin to many pencils at the CIA?"

Ive talked to enough owners and read enough reviews and seen enough videos to know that the thing the car is lacking is SOUL. You can be fast around a track but at the same time never have thrills. That is the case here. My nsx was slow as hell. But it had more soul than any car Ive ever owned. Somthing that everyone says the GTR is lacking.

This is some sad **** man. That GTR should be your DD and you should be posting more vids of your TT gallardo beaten up on ZR1's ect. Instead you fall off the earth and re-emerge on LS1tech with a Huge japanese flag tatooed across your face.

You even went as far to make your first ricer excuses. Instead of just admitting the trannie is a expensive POS. You go on to say that some guys have a 100 hard launches and never broke...The guys tat diid are idiots???????????Too funny man. I can do 100 hard launches in my previous camaro/vette/vipers in a single week and never have to even think about it. Theirs nights were I will do 20 1/4 mile passes in an hour and thirty minutes. Run after run after run with zero kool down. Thats what you get with american cars.

Im honestly disgusted at your post. You dont even mention the fact of how a 2006 Z06 that came out 6 years ago is faster than all the 2007-2011 heavier Z06's "especially the carbon" and would likely have beaten or tied that 2012 GTR with its 6 year newer technology.
God damn man, every time you post I think less and less of you. It is laughable that YOU are talking **** to Fadi. Hilarious, even. And it is common sense that a car with a transmission like the GT-R (ie; NOT a manual transmission like your Viper) needs a cool-down period between hard launches, because it is a wet-clutch setup. Fadi was not talking about doing 1/4 mile passes at a drag strip (which is something you don't do, btw), he is talking about the morons who do 10-15 launches one after the other on the street. And by the way, there are basically ZERO problems with GT-R transmissions now. Welcome to two years ago.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

**** NAGTROC.....Thats like telling people to go to the Z06 forum and check out the fast list to see how all stock z06's run 10.9-11.3 at 126-128 mph...LOL....Guy was on his pump gas setting of 680 awhp and turned the 11.68 at 128 mph with easy launching. Is what it is. Im sure he can go MUCH faster on race gas with agressive launching. But again it is what it is.

Sad indeed

You know what dude,...I agree with you.

It's funny, you can always tell the "guy that wants to be seen" by the car, or cars he drives. Talk about trying to be flashy. Nothing wrong with owning a collection but, when you go from marque to marque,.....you obviously don't know what you want, you just want to be noticed. I get that. I watched 90210 as a kid too(older sister ). I'm not knocking you Fadi, just saying,...you have no real love for a car, no real passion, just as long as 17 year old chicks dig it, it must be cool. Nobody goes from a c6 Z06(one of the flashiest, best looking most noticeable corvettes, ever).....a Lamborghini....ooooooh....but doesn't a twin turbo lamborghini sound much cooler?.... sure does. What next,...whats the most riciest car of all time?....Yup,..the Nissan GTR.... gotta have it right? Why? Cause every misguided 16 year old boy or girl thinks they're cool,.."like totally"

...to each his own of course. I think Variety is great....but,..i'm pretty loyal to one marque, cause, I know what it can do, and I am cool with the looks. If I could afford other cars then what I have, they'd be GM too(Vseries,C6Zsomething,etc). Don't get all upset, i'm not picking on you dude,...but, you gotta understand two things. 1,...you painted your own picture for us to see(various cars, no pattern other then the current trend)... 2...I am personally, not planning on getting beat by a GTR in my kind of race, ever. I'm a pretty humble dude, I realize anything can be fast but,..for some reason,....(maybe the 1xxx my car belts out)....I don't fear them. Never will.

Looking forward to your videos though Fadi. Dig race on the street would be your best chance against any rear drive so, I guess we can expect to see a lot of that. Either way,...congrats on your new outfit,..I mean car.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:03 PM
Teching In

Sorry, gtech numbers dont mean ****
Old 05-02-2011, 08:11 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
God damn man, every time you post I think less and less of you. It is laughable that YOU are talking **** to Fadi. Hilarious, even. And it is common sense that a car with a transmission like the GT-R (ie; NOT a manual transmission like your Viper) needs a cool-down period between hard launches, because it is a wet-clutch setup. Fadi was not talking about doing 1/4 mile passes at a drag strip (which is something you don't do, btw), he is talking about the morons who do 10-15 launches one after the other on the street. And by the way, there are basically ZERO problems with GT-R transmissions now. Welcome to two years ago.
Such an idiotic post. You stated earlier that you "dont want to provoke" the situation furthur and then you post this. What a hypocrite. You might as well go iron "Fadi's" socks and prepare his sack lunch while your at it.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
And by the way, there are basically ZERO problems with GT-R transmissions now. Welcome to two years ago.
Out of curiosity, have you ever owned, ridden in, or driven a GT-R multiple times to know the status of their transmissions?
Old 05-02-2011, 09:11 PM
Launching!

Wev got some ricer nut swingers in sheeps clothing on this site lke a mother ******. I remeber just 5 years ago when you were lucky if you were a mustang owner other than unit and we let you keep posting hre. Now we have all kinds of civic owners and **** here.

This is the best street raceing site on the internet period and thats why they post here. But we need to start keepin them in check. When someone says the GTR is in a differant league as our Z06 ect. Well that mothar focker needs to GTFO of here.

**** I aint got the best reputation to say the leaste. But I bleed red white and blue all day...Couple of these guys bleed Bonzai leaves and only act as if they like american cars in order to get away with posting their bull ****
Old 05-02-2011, 09:15 PM
Teching In

Wev got some ricer nut swingers in sheeps clothing on this site lke a mother ******. I remeber just 5 years ago when you were lucky if you were a mustang owner other than unit and we let you keep posting hre. Now we have all kinds of civic owners and **** here.

This is the best street raceing site on the internet period and thats why they post here. But we need to start keepin them in check. When someone says the GTR is in a differant league as our Z06 ect. Well that mothar focker needs to GTFO of here.

**** I aint got the best reputation to say the leaste. But I bleed red white and blue all day...Couple of these guys bleed Bonzai leaves and only act as if they like american cars in order to get away with posting their bull ****
Old 05-02-2011, 09:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

When someone says the GTR is in a differant league as our Z06 ect. Well that mothar focker needs to GTFO of here.
Respect is given where it is earned in my book. Plus, how boring would it be without all of those other people on here?
Old 05-02-2011, 09:21 PM
Launching!

Sorry, gtech numbers dont mean ****
same location with the same testing equipment..

03 Viper 470 rwhp-11.67 at 124
09 GTR 680 awhp-11.68 at 128
07 Z06 495 rwhp-11.9 at 124
99 viper 445 rwhp-12.2 at 122
04 vette 380 rwhp-12.6 at 113
05 E55AMG 460 rwhp-12.6 at 113
Supra 700 rwhp-12.7 at 126
91 nsx 330 rwhp-13.1 at 113
05 nsx stock-13.2 at 108
98 camaroV6 220 rwhp-14.9 at 97

Not everyone drag races daily LOL...That z06 or Supra or GTR could all easily beat my 03 Vipers time with practice. That GTR tied my best ever on his 3rd pass. Agressive launch and race gas and that car will be well into the 10's. As well the Z06 ran that 11.9 on his third pass. Maybe on the internt its s easy running 11's. In real life it takes practice despite how powrful your car is
Old 05-02-2011, 09:27 PM
Launching!

Other than your racism you aint so badd J/K...Your not one of the ones I was talking about. You deserve to be here more than many

. Your car isfockin fast and you dont spout ricer garbage
Old 05-02-2011, 09:28 PM
Teching In

same location with the same testing equipment..

03 Viper 470 rwhp-11.67 at 124
09 GTR 680 awhp-11.68 at 128
07 Z06 495 rwhp-11.9 at 124
99 viper 445 rwhp-12.2 at 122
04 vette 380 rwhp-12.6 at 113
05 E55AMG 460 rwhp-12.6 at 113
Supra 700 rwhp-12.7 at 126
91 nsx 330 rwhp-13.1 at 113
05 nsx stock-13.2 at 108
98 camaroV6 220 rwhp-14.9 at 97

Not everyone drag races daily LOL...That z06 or Supra or GTR could all easily beat my 03 Vipers time with practice. That GTR tied my best ever on his 3rd pass. Agressive launch and race gas and that car will be well into the 10's. As well the Z06 ran that 11.9 on his third pass. Maybe on the internt its s easy running 11's. In real life it takes practice despite how powrful your car is
680awhp should be well into the 130 trap range regardless of how much he ***** footed it off the line.

And Im not racist, but stereotypes are typically there for a reason

Quick Reply: C6 Z06 vs 2012 GTR