Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

C6 Z06 vs 2012 GTR

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 08:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

turbos can be made fast easier to a point there is no doubt. But id take the ls7 over the gtr anyday. AWD and performance just doesnt do it for me. I like power slides and just boiling the tires at will.. If i want traction i throw on the et streets. I guess thats why each manufacturer makes different types of cars so everyone can choose what they want. Please do not act impressed because a boosted 6 cylinder car is fast or as fast as a 7.0 motor. Take the turbos off that 6 cylinder and a maxima would destroy it... so please stop comparing engine size when a car is boosted and act all impressed. guys with grand nationals back in the 80's made the same if not more power power with the 3.8 way back then. its nothing new.
Old 04-29-2011, 08:31 PM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by got-a-ls1
turbos can be made fast easier to a point there is no doubt. But id take the ls7 over the gtr anyday. AWD and performance just doesnt do it for me. I like power slides and just boiling the tires at will.. If i want traction i throw on the et streets. I guess thats why each manufacturer makes different types of cars so everyone can choose what they want. Please do not act impressed because a boosted 6 cylinder car is fast or as fast as a 7.0 motor. Take the turbos off that 6 cylinder and a maxima would destroy it... so please stop comparing engine size when a car is boosted and act all impressed. guys with grand nationals back in the 80's made the same if not more power power with the 3.8 way back then. its nothing new.
I think people will always compare. They will always say well they needed a turbo, or well you have a 6.0L to my 2.3 and on and on.
Old 04-29-2011, 09:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Gay people exist too.
Old 04-29-2011, 09:28 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
Gay people exist too.
Let me guess, you're living proof?

Sorry, had to.
Old 04-29-2011, 10:06 PM
On The Tree

coulda woulda shoulda......make a claim "differentleague".....make sure you(people).....can back it up. Its an AWD automatic car....the traction deal/driver error iisnt a factor.. and the GTRs that hang out in my hood have built motors and bigger turbos. Not much more to do but drop weight.
You still get traction issues with AWD just not as many issues. All of the 8 second Evos are on slicks. For the R35 just putting it on 17" ET streets would put it in the 8s. They have the trap now but AMS wants to run these cars full weight, full interior on a tire that can be used on the street (drag radial). Bottom line the car hasn't been out as long as the C6 platform and the LSx platform has been out over 10 years longer than the VR38DETT.

Stroker kits for the GT-R just came out and the turbo kits to support 1200hp and up are still in the testing phase. You can say all of this coulda, woulda, shoulda and act like the GT-R is tapped out but why don't you actually wait for the platform to develop and finish first before acting like the platform is tapped out.
Old 04-29-2011, 10:16 PM
On The Tree

Now you sound like an idiot here. The bottom line is the GT-R combines its power with gearing and downforce to allow perfect traction at all times. GT-Rs will run with cars that have a better power to weight ratio because of its capabilities. Also the GT-R isn't going to be removing its turbos so why bring something stupid like that up. Just because you like V8s doesn't mean the GT-R isn't a respectable car.

Finally your comment on the Grand national 3.8L is hilarious. The VR38DETT in the 2012 GT-R makes twice as much power stock than the Grand National makes and can make more power on the stock bottom end. I also guarantee a Grand National making the same power as a GT-R would get destroyed by a heavier GT-R from a dig or a roll because of better power delivery, better gearing and traction.

A lot of haters on here.

Last edited by TheHitman; 04-29-2011 at 10:48 PM.
Old 04-30-2011, 06:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by DiscerningZ32
Let me guess, you're living proof?

Sorry, had to.
you wish you could have as much vaginal playas my dick has. I've seen and met several tech members here, its pretty obvious most of you are still virgins, or one hit wonders Just based of your looks alone.

Don't be sorry, be a man.

Originally Posted by TheHitman
You still get traction issues with AWD just not as many issues. All of the 8 second Evos are on slicks. For the R35 just putting it on 17" ET streets would put it in the 8s. They have the trap now but AMS wants to run these cars full weight, full interior on a tire that can be used on the street (drag radial). Bottom line the car hasn't been out as long as the C6 platform and the LSx platform has been out over 10 years longer than the VR38DETT.

Stroker kits for the GT-R just came out and the turbo kits to support 1200hp and up are still in the testing phase. You can say all of this coulda, woulda, shoulda and act like the GT-R is tapped out but why don't you actually wait for the platform to develop and finish first before acting like the platform is tapped out.
Well, that's my point. living in south florida, everything could be fast. i don't underestimate, and I'm well aware of the potential of vehicles, especially turbo charged ones. You guys, I'm guessing american born guys, are running around on here, tech, an american based car site, praising some over rated jap car, that HAS NOT done anything yet.... sure, one day,...blah blah.... its in a different class blah blah but,...its still not as fast as a lot of other cars have gone, vettes included. The vettes have a platform that works, but requires a man to drive it, if its going to perform. An awd auto car,..turbo charged,....how hard exactly is that to figure out? Should be simple. they were out in 08-for 09 models,....were almost in 2012.....they're finally going 9's..... I'd say you japanese car dick sucking dudes, are way over rating the gtr once again, just like the hype of when they first came out.

I think most of you are on the wrong forum,...and probably have some sort of japanese tatoo somewhere on your bodies that means something to you as well. You gtr fan boys are all ******* *******. @ The moment, they're 9 second cars....that's it. they're 200 mph tops cars in the standing mile...so, my math says to this day, they aren't ****. All you jap car buying girls are the reason why america is what it is today....a ******* mess.

I respect and like most cars...but i like my american roots, thank you.
Old 04-30-2011, 07:28 AM
On The Tree

Well, that's my point. living in south florida, everything could be fast. i don't underestimate, and I'm well aware of the potential of vehicles, especially turbo charged ones. You guys, I'm guessing american born guys, are running around on here, tech, an american based car site, praising some over rated jap car, that HAS NOT done anything yet....
How is it overrated? It performs to standard and makes good power.

sure, one day,...blah blah.... its in a different class blah blah but,...its still not as fast as a lot of other cars have gone, vettes included.
Its just as fast stock for stock as vettes.

The vettes have a platform that works,
And the GT-R does too.

but requires a man to drive it, if its going to perform. An awd auto car,..turbo charged,....how hard exactly is that to figure out? Should be simple.
First of all its a dual clutch transmission. Its the same type of transmission F1 cars use and many European exotic cars are using. Corvettes will use them soon as well. All of this "it requires a man to drive a car" is ridiculous.

they were out in 08-for 09 models,....were almost in 2012.....they're finally going 9's.....
They were in the 9s in the spring of 2010. You really aren't that read up are you.

I'd say you japanese car dick sucking dudes,
Real mature.

are way over rating the gtr once again, just like the hype of when they first came out.
I posted the video because I thought it was interesting how much they improved on the platform.

I think most of you are on the wrong forum,...and probably have some sort of japanese tatoo somewhere on your bodies that means something to you as well.
You couldn't be so much more wrong. I own a 2002 Z06 and got many questions answered on my car. This is the street racing and kill story section. You post videos on this forum on anything related to that.

You gtr fan boys are all ******* *******.
More maturity coming from this all knowing source of knowledge.

@ The moment, they're 9 second cars....that's it. they're 200 mph tops cars in the standing mile...so, my math says to this day, they aren't ****.
Thats if all you care about is straight line performance. They are running top tier at Road Atlanta and competing in FIA GT1.

All you jap car buying girls are the reason why america is what it is today....a ******* mess.
So you are blaming all of America's problems on people that own Japanese cars? Wow you are dense.

I respect and like most cars...but i like my american roots, thank you.
Who cares. I posted a video for everyone's entertainment and all you are doing is posting your pent up rage against a car because its Asian. Get a grip!

Last edited by TheHitman; 04-30-2011 at 08:43 AM.
Old 04-30-2011, 09:19 AM
TECH Regular

you wish you could have as much vaginal playas my dick has. I've seen and met several tech members here, its pretty obvious most of you are still virgins, or one hit wonders Just based of your looks alone.

Don't be sorry, be a man.
Learn how to take a joke.
Come on, you walked right into that one.

Take it, or at least dish it back in an equally funny manner.
You just come off as angry in this post.

But seeing how you're so concerned, you can rest easy knowing I have no trouble.

Last edited by DiscerningZ32; 04-30-2011 at 09:57 AM.
Old 04-30-2011, 09:24 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DiscerningZ32
Learn how to take a joke.
Come on, you walked right into that one.

Take it, or at least dish it back in an equally funny manner.
You just come off as angry in this post.
Don't bother, he gets mad ***** bro.
How dare you question his game.
Old 04-30-2011, 09:25 AM
Teching In

Wow lots of fire in this thread but thats what I like to see.

Hitman you def like to argue and call people idots but lets see what you wrote:

"I also guarantee a Grand National making the same power as a GT-R would get destroyed by a heavier GT-R from a dig or a roll because of better power delivery, better gearing and traction."

Your going to compare an old car/technology to a new gtr and then call him and idot. Your maturity/knowledge shows here

"So you are blaming all of America's problems on people that own Japanese cars? Wow you are dense."

No he was not blaming America's problems on Japanese car owners "smart guy" It was a much deeper statement that you couldn't get...and I will not explain to you.

"why don't you actually wait for the platform to develop and finish first before acting like the platform is tapped out."

Why do we need to wait to see what you gtr boys want to do...we know what irs vettes can do 7s in 1/4. See we dont have sh-t to prove "space cadet"

You see you have no valid points or what we call in the educated world "sources" (point of orgin) so before you go on about what's what and calling people out.....get your **** straight.

"You couldn't be so much more wrong. I own a 2002 Z06 and got many questions answered on my car. This is the street racing and kill story section. You post videos on this forum on anything related to that."

You're reply to his comment about tatoo's on the body...again it was another deeper comment he mad that was way above your head. No not going to explain it to you either. I dont want to bash on a vette owner but dont go talking down to others when clearly I can see your limitation of inclusiveness.

With all that being said anyone here can argue about V-6/turbo vs big displacement in the end its about how deep your pockets are and how far your willing to reach into them period.
Old 04-30-2011, 09:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well they are both badass cars in their own respect. I would love to have both in my garage!
Old 04-30-2011, 10:20 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Mygoat1
Wow lots of fire in this thread but thats what I like to see.

Hitman you def like to argue and call people idots but lets see what you wrote:
I refuted a few arguments, thats all I did.

Your going to compare an old car/technology to a new gtr and then call him and idot. Your maturity/knowledge shows here
I wasn't the one the initially brought up the grand national. Stating that the tech that GT-R's tech is nothing new is pretty dense.

No he was not blaming America's problems on Japanese car owners "smart guy" It was a much deeper statement that you couldn't get...and I will not explain to you.
This guy seems to be a friend of yours.

Why do we need to wait to see what you gtr boys want to do...we know what irs vettes can do 7s in 1/4. See we dont have sh-t to prove "space cadet"
The GT-R aftermarket companies aren't competing with the Corvette platform or want to make the car faster than the Corvette. They just want to push their platform harder and see how far they can go. Also I am not a "gtr boy", I am a car enthusiast.

You see you have no valid points or what we call in the educated world "sources" (point of orgin) so before you go on about what's what and calling people out.....get your **** straight.
What are you talking about? You need to back up, chill out and see that this v-series tech guy is getting all worked up about something really stupid.

You're reply to his comment about tatoo's on the body...again it was another deeper comment he mad that was way above your head. No not going to explain it to you either. I dont want to bash on a vette owner but dont go talking down to others when clearly I can see your limitation of inclusiveness.
As I stated before, he brought it on himself. All I did here was post a vid of a race between friends.

With all that being said anyone here can argue about V-6/turbo vs big displacement in the end its about how deep your pockets are and how far your willing to reach into them period.
I wholeheartedly agree with you.

Now lets get back to enjoying the video here, shall we?
Old 04-30-2011, 10:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TheHitman
Now you sound like an idiot here. The bottom line is the GT-R combines its power with gearing and downforce to allow perfect traction at all times. GT-Rs will run with cars that have a better power to weight ratio because of its capabilities. Also the GT-R isn't going to be removing its turbos so why bring something stupid like that up. Just because you like V8s doesn't mean the GT-R isn't a respectable car.

Finally your comment on the Grand national 3.8L is hilarious. The VR38DETT in the 2012 GT-R makes twice as much power stock than the Grand National makes and can make more power on the stock bottom end. I also guarantee a Grand National making the same power as a GT-R would get destroyed by a heavier GT-R from a dig or a roll because of better power delivery, better gearing and traction.

A lot of haters on here.
i sound like the idiot?..... Your the moron who failed reading comprehension. I never once dissed the GTR or said it wasnt respectable. I said it wasnt for me... Show me where i did. please? I never said the grand national made as power power STOCK. I said guys back then made just as much power as the gtr now, 20 years ago, never said stock. Never mentioned anything about the max potential of each stock engine on stock internals. once again... READING COMPREHENSION OWNS YOU. People complaining because the vette has a 7.0l engine always fail to include the turbos in their argument with their smaller motor. I never said that the GTR isnt fair because it has turbos. I said when comparing engine size you better remember that turbos make displacement increasingly less important. Take the turbos off if you want to compare displacement.. or compare with a boosted LS7. Either way its not that impressive in the grand scheme of things. Supras have been making more for years too. is that better? **** im more impressed with a hyundai 2.0 liter turbo making 270 horsepower then the GTR's motor. Hows that? LOL... Motors designed for boost make comparing displacements with N/A motors truly retarded. Which is maybe why you took offense to it.

The GTR chassis and AWD system are 10x more impressive then a 3.8l twin turbo making 500 whatever horsepower. But then again i never compared the grand national chassis to the GTR chassis, only horsepower (r e a d i n g comp). I would hope the GTR was a little more efficient at delivering its power. What a surprisingly intelligent comment from someone who called me the idiot.
Old 04-30-2011, 11:41 AM
10 Second Club

Well, that's my point. living in south florida, everything could be fast. i don't underestimate, and I'm well aware of the potential of vehicles, especially turbo charged ones. You guys, I'm guessing american born guys, are running around on here, tech, an american based car site, praising some over rated jap car, that HAS NOT done anything yet.... sure, one day,...blah blah.... its in a different class blah blah but,...its still not as fast as a lot of other cars have gone, vettes included. The vettes have a platform that works, but requires a man to drive it, if its going to perform. An awd auto car,..turbo charged,....how hard exactly is that to figure out? Should be simple. they were out in 08-for 09 models,....were almost in 2012.....they're finally going 9's..... I'd say you japanese car dick sucking dudes, are way over rating the gtr once again, just like the hype of when they first came out.
you.
They just redid the car. It also ran low 11s constant stock..I dont see to many vettes constant doing this stock. 1 or 2 dont count. The car is getting faster and faster as they delope more for it. And so what a vette went 7s. Liek already has been said look how much time people has had to do that. And then look what all they have to do to mak eit do it..Hell it isnt even close to same car as it rolled of the floor as. 9s in a GTR thats still got every thing it rolled off show room floor with is impressive. Still got navagation and everything. But i see you a fanboy who dont give credit where credit is do. And last time i check this thread was about vettes and GTRs. We where debating them. 203 standing mile is fastest standing mile..Not to bad being it was still a daily driver.

Originally Posted by Mygoat1
I think this best statement yet.
Old 04-30-2011, 12:27 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
I can read...and not GTR fault the vet lost so much in drive train to drop way down from 720hp..

The vette also got raped when the gtr didnt have the passenger or did you miss that...on the second run. so it was close at all second run.

also since every one keeps bringing it up..The GTR weighs what 500lbs at least more. That can play big diff also. So i would say real impressive being that GTR cost 90k to a 100k+ ZR1. Then moding both expensive as hell either way..
How is modding a ZR1 expensive as hell? It's just like other vette really. I mean, it's an LSX with a blower...where's the extra money over the normal Corvette tax come in?

Once again, it's easy putting big power down through all 4 wheels rather than the back 2.
Old 04-30-2011, 12:54 PM
On The Tree

i sound like the idiot?..... Your the moron who failed reading comprehension. I never once dissed the GTR or said it wasnt respectable. I said it wasnt for me... Show me where i did. please? I never said the grand national made as power power STOCK. I said guys back then made just as much power as the gtr now, 20 years ago, never said stock. Never mentioned anything about the max potential of each stock engine on stock internals. once again... READING COMPREHENSION OWNS YOU. People complaining because the vette has a 7.0l engine always fail to include the turbos in their argument with their smaller motor. I never said that the GTR isnt fair because it has turbos. I said when comparing engine size you better remember that turbos make displacement increasingly less important. Take the turbos off if you want to compare displacement.. or compare with a boosted LS7. Either way its not that impressive in the grand scheme of things. Supras have been making more for years too. is that better? **** im more impressed with a hyundai 2.0 liter turbo making 270 horsepower then the GTR's motor. Hows that? LOL... Motors designed for boost make comparing displacements with N/A motors truly retarded. Which is maybe why you took offense to it.
OK... I'm tell you to chill out and step back. I never complained about the displacement of the Z06 I never compared the LS7 to the VR38DETT. Its like you said they are two completely different animals that are good at what they do. Don't find it impressive, fine lets just leave it at that.

The GTR chassis and AWD system are 10x more impressive then a 3.8l twin turbo making 500 whatever horsepower. But then again i never compared the grand national chassis to the GTR chassis, only horsepower (r e a d i n g comp). I would hope the GTR was a little more efficient at delivering its power. What a surprisingly intelligent comment from someone who called me the idiot.
Touche you got me there. I'm one to own up to mistakes in my writing. Where I messed up is I jumped into the argument of ohioborn and v-series tech.

Bottom line both are bad *** cars.
Old 04-30-2011, 12:57 PM
12 Second Club

Comparing AWD and turbos to RWD N/A is rediculous. Especially at the track. Drag racing is all about getting off the line as hard and as quick as you can. Id like to see the 60 ft times on the GTR compared to the Z06. What you GTR guys call spinning off the line is probably a dead hook for a Z06.
Old 04-30-2011, 12:59 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by WSsick
How is modding a ZR1 expensive as hell? It's just like other vette really. I mean, it's an LSX with a blower...where's the extra money over the normal Corvette tax come in?

Once again, it's easy putting big power down through all 4 wheels rather than the back 2.
blower upgrade, cams, heads, rear end to handle all it isnt expensive? Well **** i need some your money then. '

I also said they both are expensive not just vette
Old 04-30-2011, 01:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
blower upgrade, cams, heads, rear end to handle all it isnt expensive? Well **** i need some your money then. '

I also said they both are expensive not just vette
When it comes down to it, mostly every car ends up being more expensive than you originally thought to tailor to your speed needs and make "bulletproof"

Quick Reply: C6 Z06 vs 2012 GTR