Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

C6 Z06 vs 2012 GTR

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2011, 01:37 PM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by marc97taws6
When it comes down to it, mostly every car ends up being more expensive than you originally thought to tailor to your speed needs and make "bulletproof"
Then it comes down to is it really bullet proof...Some thing is always bond to break sooner or later.
Old 04-30-2011, 05:07 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
blower upgrade, cams, heads, rear end to handle all it isnt expensive? Well **** i need some your money then. '

I also said they both are expensive not just vette
Blower upgrades are about what you'd expect for what it is, a cam (not cams) is just like any other LS cam (with 2 extra bolts), heads can be ported just like any other LS head, rear end will take some power but upgrades are expensive (not anything too crazy, compareable to a C6Z).

A GT-R isn't as similar to any other Datsun engine as the LS9 is to any other LSX. That means prices are much higher.

My money can only afford a C5, maybe a C5Z, so you don't want that.
Old 04-30-2011, 05:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good races but the added passenger is what was the determining factor in the Z06 not getting the win
Old 04-30-2011, 06:01 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by WSsick
Blower upgrades are about what you'd expect for what it is, a cam (not cams) is just like any other LS cam (with 2 extra bolts), heads can be ported just like any other LS head, rear end will take some power but upgrades are expensive (not anything too crazy, compareable to a C6Z).

A GT-R isn't as similar to any other Datsun engine as the LS9 is to any other LSX. That means prices are much higher.

My money can only afford a C5, maybe a C5Z, so you don't want that.
Maybe im not thinking right. But why just port the head when you can get a better one period. That will out flow that ported head.

Tracking it just one cam. I say cams in general.

Yes GTR's are expensive. I think the alpha 9 kit is like 30k. or little more.

Kinda like the retarded TT kits for Lambo's from UGR. But they cost almost 100k.
Old 04-30-2011, 06:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TheHitman
How is it overrated? It performs to standard and makes good power.

Its just as fast stock for stock as vettes.

And the GT-R does too.

First of all its a dual clutch transmission. Its the same type of transmission F1 cars use and many European exotic cars are using. Corvettes will use them soon as well. All of this "it requires a man to drive a car" is ridiculous.

They were in the 9s in the spring of 2010. You really aren't that read up are you.

Real mature.

I posted the video because I thought it was interesting how much they improved on the platform.

You couldn't be so much more wrong. I own a 2002 Z06 and got many questions answered on my car. This is the street racing and kill story section. You post videos on this forum on anything related to that.

More maturity coming from this all knowing source of knowledge.

Thats if all you care about is straight line performance. They are running top tier at Road Atlanta and competing in FIA GT1.

So you are blaming all of America's problems on people that own Japanese cars? Wow you are dense.

Who cares. I posted a video for everyone's entertainment and all you are doing is posting your pent up rage against a car because its Asian. Get a grip!
Obviously, you don't get it.

Originally Posted by DiscerningZ32
Learn how to take a joke.
Come on, you walked right into that one.

Take it, or at least dish it back in an equally funny manner.
You just come off as angry in this post.

But seeing how you're so concerned, you can rest easy knowing I have no trouble.
Dude,..all day long, I bust ***** and get mine busted. I have more comical fun in life then any two people. I can dish it out, I can take it. I don't know you, do I? So what makes you think you and I can joke about it? You said i'm living proof,..I responded. You can take it as a direct insult, or you can take it however you'd like. Truthfully, not here to make friends, i'm here to make sure the douchebags in the room spread less of they're douchery on the rest of the board, and across the internet.

And thanks,..i'll sleep well knowing that.

Originally Posted by 92builtbird
Don't bother, he gets mad ***** bro.
How dare you question his game.
If you only knew, bucky.

Originally Posted by Mygoat1
Wow lots of fire in this thread but thats what I like to see.

Hitman you def like to argue and call people idots but lets see what you wrote:

"I also guarantee a Grand National making the same power as a GT-R would get destroyed by a heavier GT-R from a dig or a roll because of better power delivery, better gearing and traction."

Your going to compare an old car/technology to a new gtr and then call him and idot. Your maturity/knowledge shows here

"So you are blaming all of America's problems on people that own Japanese cars? Wow you are dense."

No he was not blaming America's problems on Japanese car owners "smart guy" It was a much deeper statement that you couldn't get...and I will not explain to you.

"why don't you actually wait for the platform to develop and finish first before acting like the platform is tapped out."

Why do we need to wait to see what you gtr boys want to do...we know what irs vettes can do 7s in 1/4. See we dont have sh-t to prove "space cadet"

You see you have no valid points or what we call in the educated world "sources" (point of orgin) so before you go on about what's what and calling people out.....get your **** straight.

"You couldn't be so much more wrong. I own a 2002 Z06 and got many questions answered on my car. This is the street racing and kill story section. You post videos on this forum on anything related to that."

You're reply to his comment about tatoo's on the body...again it was another deeper comment he mad that was way above your head. No not going to explain it to you either. I dont want to bash on a vette owner but dont go talking down to others when clearly I can see your limitation of inclusiveness.

With all that being said anyone here can argue about V-6/turbo vs big displacement in the end its about how deep your pockets are and how far your willing to reach into them period.
In a non dick headed way,..your a very smart man.

Originally Posted by got-a-ls1
i sound like the idiot?..... Your the moron who failed reading comprehension. I never once dissed the GTR or said it wasnt respectable. I said it wasnt for me... Show me where i did. please? I never said the grand national made as power power STOCK. I said guys back then made just as much power as the gtr now, 20 years ago, never said stock. Never mentioned anything about the max potential of each stock engine on stock internals. once again... READING COMPREHENSION OWNS YOU. People complaining because the vette has a 7.0l engine always fail to include the turbos in their argument with their smaller motor. I never said that the GTR isnt fair because it has turbos. I said when comparing engine size you better remember that turbos make displacement increasingly less important. Take the turbos off if you want to compare displacement.. or compare with a boosted LS7. Either way its not that impressive in the grand scheme of things. Supras have been making more for years too. is that better? **** im more impressed with a hyundai 2.0 liter turbo making 270 horsepower then the GTR's motor. Hows that? LOL... Motors designed for boost make comparing displacements with N/A motors truly retarded. Which is maybe why you took offense to it.

The GTR chassis and AWD system are 10x more impressive then a 3.8l twin turbo making 500 whatever horsepower. But then again i never compared the grand national chassis to the GTR chassis, only horsepower (r e a d i n g comp). I would hope the GTR was a little more efficient at delivering its power. What a surprisingly intelligent comment from someone who called me the idiot.
word.

They just redid the car. It also ran low 11s constant stock..I dont see to many vettes constant doing this stock. 1 or 2 dont count. The car is getting faster and faster as they delope more for it. And so what a vette went 7s. Liek already has been said look how much time people has had to do that. And then look what all they have to do to mak eit do it..Hell it isnt even close to same car as it rolled of the floor as. 9s in a GTR thats still got every thing it rolled off show room floor with is impressive. Still got navagation and everything. But i see you a fanboy who dont give credit where credit is do. And last time i check this thread was about vettes and GTRs. We where debating them. 203 standing mile is fastest standing mile..Not to bad being it was still a daily driver.

I think this best statement yet.
Dude, your not going to convince me that some rice piece of **** is what you think it is. Give it up. If you like the car,...coooooooool....just like the rest of the 16 year olds. Just don't spue stupid **** like, they're in a league of they're own or some ****. Your right, they are, they're two seconds behind the fastest vette.

This vette...from OHIO....being a "corvette lover"(bullshit)...and from OHIO....you'd think you'd know s-o-m-t-h-i-n-g

http://youtu.be/QJMXPkRlvFs
(now goes 7's)

damn right different league.

Originally Posted by WSsick
How is modding a ZR1 expensive as hell? It's just like other vette really. I mean, it's an LSX with a blower...where's the extra money over the normal Corvette tax come in?

Once again, it's easy putting big power down through all 4 wheels rather than the back 2.
Exactly, it's a LSX motor...in a vette. Not rocket science, nor is it any more expensive then the normal VETTE TAX...

Originally Posted by TheHitman
OK... I'm tell you to chill out and step back. I never complained about the displacement of the Z06 I never compared the LS7 to the VR38DETT. Its like you said they are two completely different animals that are good at what they do. Don't find it impressive, fine lets just leave it at that.

Touche you got me there. I'm one to own up to mistakes in my writing. Where I messed up is I jumped into the argument of ohioborn and v-series tech.

Bottom line both are bad *** cars.

Bottom line, you should check out www.sucksGTRcockfanclub.com

They're looking for cheerleaders.

go. Take your ******* supra while your at it.

Old 04-30-2011, 06:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Maybe im not thinking right. But why just port the head when you can get a better one period. That will out flow that ported head.

Tracking it just one cam. I say cams in general.

Yes GTR's are expensive. I think the alpha 9 kit is like 30k. or little more.

Kinda like the retarded TT kits for Lambo's from UGR. But they cost almost 100k.

Soo...you don't seem to know a whole lot about the LSX powerplant,...or the capability of a lot of factory parts on the LSX platforms,...do you?

Maybe your thiking but, uneducated?...

This is why I hate the internet and talking to stupid *******,...you spue **** across for the world to see....one ******* trolls one day,..reads what YOU say,..thinks its true....then spreads more stupid **** across the world,..and boom,..douchebags are born, people are mislead.

A simple thing,...turns out to be a **** fest....and you get more ******** that think they know everything, and add to it. This is soo simple,....yet, you and a few others simply don't get it. You've been misguided,..to say the least...resulting in a waste of space.
Old 04-30-2011, 06:25 PM
10 Second Club

Wow didnt know GTR was rice...i guess we all been updated now.

The vette been around how long till they got to level it is now?
Old 04-30-2011, 06:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Wow didnt know GTR was rice...i guess we all been updated now.

The vette been around how long till they got to level it is now?

YUP,...UBERRICE....it's the RICIEST CAR EVER.......

Now,...I see even more the type of character that i'm dealing with.

As far as the vettes,....maybe you should think WAAAAYYYYY back,..when MTI of houston,...when they were still around,....ran 9's with a 422ci LS motor and a 120shot of spray..... this was YEARS ago,..years... The vettes MAIN problem in the day mr I love vettes but have no knowledge,... the DIFFERENTIAL was the root cause of vettes going quick. They'd twist, snap break, whatever. Now,...that 7 second vette,...is on a STOCK diff housing.... people have gone 8's on the STOCK 6 speed ZR1 drivetrain....it's pretty badass dude,.. you should read up on it however, you won't find the info in motortrend.....
Old 04-30-2011, 06:46 PM
10 Second Club

fast is fast no matter its a import or american...

Last edited by ohioborn80; 05-01-2011 at 09:37 AM.
Old 04-30-2011, 07:26 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LightningTeg
They also have 7 Litres of displacement to work with.
I know I am a little late with this but when talking about boosted motors I was under the impression it is all about cylinder pressure and not displacement. Displacement is a "good" deciding factor with NA applications however putting boost to a motor throws that concept out the window.
Isn't boost the reason that a Honda Civic (with normally 180Hp 1.6 or 1.8L) could run with a LSX or Mod Motor V8?...It sure ain't displacement...
Old 04-30-2011, 07:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

I know what vettes can do..

Maybe you should do more research on what they are doing with GTRs. That there market is still growing.

How many these 7 sec vettes are full weight with nav. ac and everything. Cause that what GTRs are working for. They dont want stripped cars that only drag. They want this in true daily drivers. They want there luxury and speed.

Is the Vette able to be modded faster then a GTR yes. Of course there more around tested and proven for it. But the GTR is up and coming. It is a supercar just like any ZO6/ZR1 like it or not.

Get the **** out of here dude.....your a ******* idiot. Even your douche bag favorite mag knows the deal...

http://youtu.be/OZlGMX8G3B4

My vette is it's stock weight,...3120,..full interior and then some. I drove my car daily at 787rwhp and 696ft-lbs on a BONE STOCK BOTTOM END LS6.....and only 11psi... daily....every day, as it was my only car at the time. I can take out dates in the air condition, or I can go drive it two hours on a road trip....waxing the majority of the GTR's that I could possibly run across, not to mention liter bikes. The GTR isn't a super car, it's a tricked out G35 with AWD and a playstation mounted in the dashboard. It is only concieved as a supercar cause it tries to hang out with them.
Old 04-30-2011, 07:40 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
you wish you could have as much vaginal playas my dick has. I've seen and met several tech members here, its pretty obvious most of you are still virgins, or one hit wonders Just based of your looks alone.

Don't be sorry, be a man.

Well, that's my point. living in south florida, everything could be fast. i don't underestimate, and I'm well aware of the potential of vehicles, especially turbo charged ones. You guys, I'm guessing american born guys, are running around on here, tech, an american based car site, praising some over rated jap car, that HAS NOT done anything yet.... sure, one day,...blah blah.... its in a different class blah blah but,...its still not as fast as a lot of other cars have gone, vettes included. The vettes have a platform that works, but requires a man to drive it, if its going to perform. An awd auto car,..turbo charged,....how hard exactly is that to figure out? Should be simple. they were out in 08-for 09 models,....were almost in 2012.....they're finally going 9's..... I'd say you japanese car dick sucking dudes, are way over rating the gtr once again, just like the hype of when they first came out.

I think most of you are on the wrong forum,...and probably have some sort of japanese tatoo somewhere on your bodies that means something to you as well. You gtr fan boys are all ******* *******. @ The moment, they're 9 second cars....that's it. they're 200 mph tops cars in the standing mile...so, my math says to this day, they aren't ****. All you jap car buying girls are the reason why america is what it is today....a ******* mess.

I respect and like most cars...but i like my american roots, thank you.
Dude..are you running for any kind of office? I would vote for you in a heart beat!
Old 04-30-2011, 08:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by MACH32V
Dude..are you running for any kind of office? I would vote for you in a heart beat!

Nice to see another American in the house...
Old 04-30-2011, 08:08 PM
Teching In

I am just fed up with fkin companies closing in this country and me having to constantly look for jobs. I have had it! ******** keep sending jobs to other countries and I am sick of it. Our politicians that we vote in have seemed to forgotten about the people who live here. ...rant over...sorry!
Old 04-30-2011, 08:12 PM
10 Second Club

So now i am not American...hmm interesting..

Im pretty sure i am American..Probably more then you..the 70 months of combat deployments will help prove my point. How much combat do you have defending your country?
Old 04-30-2011, 08:13 PM
10 Second Club

I am just fed up with fkin companies closing in this country and me having to constantly look for jobs. I have had it! ******** keep sending jobs to other countries and I am sick of it. Our politicians that we vote in have seemed to forgotten about the people who live here. ...rant over...sorry!
Not only this but all money we send over sea's for bullshit reasons.
Old 04-30-2011, 08:20 PM
11 Second Club

Cool video OP, those 2012s pack on that extra power nicely
Old 04-30-2011, 08:40 PM
Launching!

The GTR isn't a super car, it's a tricked out G35 with AWD and a playstation mounted in the dashboard. It is only concieved as a supercar cause it tries to hang out with them.

Funniest and truest **** Ive read on here in a while. Most of these guys aint rolling around with GTR's period. But if you ever see one actually rolling around with the other 90K plus car it becomes very evident that it does look lik a tricked out G35 with AWD. This exact comment was made very recently while on a cruise.

Older Japanese gentleman asked for his grand children to take pictures with the lambo and viper. Then proceeded to not even notice the GTR.

Good performance but its defiently missing somthing and some of you guys need to leave this site and take a trip to Japan
Old 04-30-2011, 08:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Killemall
The GTR isn't a super car, it's a tricked out G35 with AWD and a playstation mounted in the dashboard. It is only concieved as a supercar cause it tries to hang out with them.

Funniest and truest **** Ive read on here in a while. Most of these guys aint rolling around with GTR's period. But if you ever see one actually rolling around with the other 90K plus car it becomes very evident that it does look lik a tricked out G35 with AWD. This exact comment was made very recently while on a cruise.

Older Japanese gentleman asked for his grand children to take pictures with the lambo and viper. Then proceeded to not even notice the GTR.

Good performance but its defiently missing somthing and some of you guys need to leave this site and take a trip to Japan
The GTR is a completely different animal than a freakin' G35, c'mon man, where did you come up with that comparison at? It looks nothing like a G35 nor does it perform like one.
Old 04-30-2011, 09:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

amen....

So now i am not American...hmm interesting..

Im pretty sure i am American..Probably more then you..the 70 months of combat deployments will help prove my point. How much combat do you have defending your country?
Means nothing to me hommie,I come from a whoooooole family of marines,...don't bring up this **** to me, as it reserves no credit to me here. If you wanna talk AR's and targets, we need to be on a different site,... however, we're discussing your opinion of just HOW badass the JAPANESE GTR is to you,...mr I love corvettes and am an american,... well, mr military that thinks I give a ****, your words on here suggest anything BUT being an american.....

Not only this but all money we send over sea's for bullshit reasons.
Stay on topic...you were misleading the world.....carry on.

Originally Posted by Killemall

True.

Funny, people think I am JUST a vette/GM guy but,...i've grown up with all types of makes and models....still faithful to the American made automobile-products.

Quick Reply: C6 Z06 vs 2012 GTR