Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

427 CETA crushes 2011 mustang gt 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 11:05 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 427 CETA crushes 2011 mustang gt 5.0

I'm on my way home from ATL today. I got on the interstate, I saw the silver 5.0 in my rearview mirror speeding to get besides me. He pulls up right next to me on my passenger side. He matched speed with me at 70. I tapped the gas to see if he bites. I saw him downshift and try to take off. But, I held my gear in 3rd and stomp the gas. I instantly pulled him hard as hell. Then, I put the trans in D and still pulled him til I realized I was at 140 then I let off. He was 4 to 5 cars behind me and I was still pulling. He kept his distance and got off at the next exit.

Honestly, those 5.0s are nice looking cars. I don't know if that guy quit trying once he realized how hard I yanked him. I don't wanna say that I knew the results would turn out this way. I don't think like that cause you never know what the other guy might be running under his hood.
Old 05-01-2011, 11:06 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First.
Old 05-01-2011, 11:10 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Ju1ce
First.
Huh? First what?
Old 05-01-2011, 11:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I hope you didnt expect any other result. Those results seem to happen when one car not only weighs less but makes a ton more power.
Old 05-01-2011, 11:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CETAWS6
I'm on my way home from ATL today. I got on the interstate, I saw the silver 5.0 in my rearview mirror speeding to get besides me. He pulls up right next to me on my passenger side. He matched speed with me at 70. I tapped the gas to see if he bites. I saw him downshift and try to take off. But, I held my gear in 3rd and stomp the gas. I instantly pulled him hard as hell. Then, I put the trans in D and still pulled him til I realized I was at 140 then I let off. He was 4 to 5 cars behind me and I was still pulling. He kept his distance and got off at the next exit.

Honestly, those 5.0s are nice looking cars. I don't know if that guy quit trying once he realized how hard I yanked him. I don't wanna say that I knew the results would turn out this way. I don't think like that cause you never know what the other guy might be running under his hood.
LOL good kill OP.. I think the guy was probably trying.. Remeber you have a 427, Its going to be hard for a 5.0 to keep up with that unless its modded
Old 05-01-2011, 11:29 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by itsslow98
I hope you didnt expect any other result. Those results seem to happen when one car not only weighs less but makes a ton more power.
Originally Posted by Theblacknightls1
LOL good kill OP.. I think the guy was probably trying.. Remeber you have a 427, Its going to be hard for a 5.0 to keep up with that unless its modded
Yea I know guys, I agree. I just wondered how those 5.0s move. I really didn't expect anything but at the same time, I don't get cocky.
Old 05-01-2011, 11:38 PM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Good kill....Most f-bodies i know are not stock at all and run hard as hell.
Old 05-01-2011, 11:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yea I know guys, I agree. I just wondered how those 5.0s move. I really didn't expect anything but at the same time, I don't get cocky.
Yeah but its good killing a car that runs 12's from the factory by 4-5 cars.. Hell, I would post that too lol
Old 05-01-2011, 11:49 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
Good kill....Most f-bodies i know are not stock at all and run hard as hell.
The f-bodies have to continue to fight on lol. Thanks man. Nice looking motor.
Old 05-01-2011, 11:55 PM
10 Second Club

The f-bodies have to continue to fight on lol. Thanks man. Nice looking motor.
Yes they do.. I g ot my *** handed to me by one in my G8...I sprayed him and all. He had more spray and c/h/i..It was bad...lol

Havent ran any in the 5.0...just newer camaros.
Old 05-02-2011, 11:24 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Winning!!
Old 05-02-2011, 01:44 PM
11 Second Club

Nice kill.

You need to pick on some cars your own size though lol!

I see all your threads with you destroying cars in the 427, find some that are closer to your power range and , make it a better race
Old 05-02-2011, 02:23 PM
Staging Lane

Damn you guy's are acting like the op is going out looking to race slow cars.The 5.0 rolled up next to him ready to race,I would do the same thing and also be excited to do so!Good job not being cocky and good kill even if the stock 5.0 is underpowered compared to your car.
Old 05-02-2011, 03:04 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by LS1rob00
Nice kill.

You need to pick on some cars your own size though lol!

I see all your threads with you destroying cars in the 427, find some that are closer to your power range and , make it a better race
I understand what you saying. But, you expect me to pop everyone's hood in the state of GA to see who is running the same kind of power? I don't pick on anything and I don't need to find anything either. When I'm in my car, people with mustangs, camaros, chargers ALWAYS challenge me. If you challenge someone, bring it. Same goes for me. Like I said, you never know what kind of power the next man is running. Hell, I might run into a Solstice with a LS9 or LS3 turbo setup. Run what you brung. I don't go out thinking I will beat everything on the road. And I don't race everybody either. If someone comes up to me and wants to race like the guy in his 5.0, and it's no heavy traffic, I will accept the invite. If I lose, well I won't cry about it. I like to cruise in it cause I love the sound and power it makes.
Old 05-02-2011, 03:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Nice kill op! Did you even get to hear his exhaust lol? Now he'll mod up for next time, and cool ride you have there
Old 05-02-2011, 03:28 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by oddwraith
Nice kill op! Did you even get to hear his exhaust lol? Now he'll mod up for next time, and cool ride you have there
I heard the exhaust before awhile back. Thanks for the compliment.
Old 05-02-2011, 04:53 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I heard the exhaust before awhile back. Thanks for the compliment.
Good kill man. I bet had the 5.0 pulled you, the owner would've been on some site bragging how he destroyed a LS1 Trans Am. Anything can happen in a race. With this new 5.0 out there are a lot of the owners kinda of cocky. They have read the magazine articles, and seen all the you tube videos. The new 5.0 is a powerhouse but it is fun pulling them with LS1's I have had a few track encounters with 2011 Gt's and it was'nt pretty for them. Now before you wanna be new 5.0 owners start talking I know sooner or later I will run into a 5.0 that will handle me , but untill then
Old 05-02-2011, 05:19 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BODUKE
Good kill man. I bet had the 5.0 pulled you, the owner would've been on some site bragging how he destroyed a LS1 Trans Am. Anything can happen in a race. With this new 5.0 out there are a lot of the owners kinda of cocky. They have read the magazine articles, and seen all the you tube videos. The new 5.0 is a powerhouse but it is fun pulling them with LS1's I have had a few track encounters with 2011 Gt's and it was'nt pretty for them. Now before you wanna be new 5.0 owners start talking I know sooner or later I will run into a 5.0 that will handle me , but untill then
Yea I agree with you. But, it goes either way cause there are some cocky GM owners, mopar, and ford owners too. I'm a humble guy that likes this hobby. Sure, there are cars out there faster and have more rwhp/rwtq. But I can't worry about that.
Old 05-02-2011, 05:50 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by BODUKE
No i will agree with you..We are cocky..But ya there is cocky owners of all cars..

When i first seen a 5.0 run at track i wasnt impressed that i was killing him with my Bolt on G8. And then destroyed him with some spray. Poor guy best of night was 13.8..Two weeks later he ran a 13.4..

Seen him after i bought mine i ran a 12.1 on tires only..he ran 12.9 on tires, tune. The guy just sucked at driving. It happens a lot. I have seen it from ZO6 vettes that i beat at track in G8 an d5.0..They should have waxed me..But they just couldnt drive.

You can have a 9 sec car but if driver cant drive it to that 9 sec its worthless with him behind the wheel.

same with the 600whp trans am ws9 not sure a 9 package exist but it says it..that ran constant 11.9s also. he couldnt launch the car or shift it...
Old 05-02-2011, 06:13 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think it's damn impressive that a 5.0 held within 4-5 cars of a 427 lsx from 70-140.