Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

REMATCH: SS vs Ion Redline **vid**

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2011, 08:49 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Exclamation REMATCH: SS vs Ion Redline **vid**

You might remember the recent match from these two from a couple weeks ago. Ion driver said he was suffering terribly from heatsoak, so we let him ice down for a while this time before each run. The only change he said he made was unclogging his intercooler.

Remember to switch to HD!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJzP90fo_dM

Last edited by WSsick; 05-15-2011 at 11:29 AM. Reason: forgot to add video in the title
Old 05-14-2011, 09:04 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice race, what was the intro music?
Old 05-14-2011, 09:37 PM
11 Second Club

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

good stuff!!!
Old 05-14-2011, 10:19 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 96silverram
Nice race, what was the intro music?
Slipknot- .execute.

Originally Posted by hugger1975
good stuff!!!
Thanks. Got another race that night, well 2. A bolt-on SS/SC which the SS beat in a 20mph race (vid didn't turnout, not that it was worth it) and a heads/cam Challenger, which will be added in another bigger video later this week/ early next week. Got a couple more races lined up this week, plus the SS will be getting some mods so there will be more to come.

Apparently, LSJ's (Ion's motor) cannot just swap a pulley and go on E85 (according to a guy "in the know") but I (we) find it hard to believe it made that big of a difference. Did find it weird that the passenger swap changed the outcome from the same speed.
Old 05-15-2011, 12:05 AM
11 Second Club

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by WSsick
Slipknot- .execute.

Thanks. Got another race that night, well 2. A bolt-on SS/SC which the SS beat in a 20mph race (vid didn't turnout, not that it was worth it) and a heads/cam Challenger, which will be added in another bigger video later this week/ early next week. Got a couple more races lined up this week, plus the SS will be getting some mods so there will be more to come.

Apparently, LSJ's (Ion's motor) cannot just swap a pulley and go on E85 (according to a guy "in the know") but I (we) find it hard to believe it made that big of a difference. Did find it weird that the passenger swap changed the outcome from the same speed.
i hate u and all the action u are getting
Old 05-15-2011, 12:16 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by hugger1975
i hate u and all the action u are getting
If only I had a car to enjoy it with. (might have to change that soon)

Really though, there hasn't been much yet. It's been raining 5 days a week it seems for the past month. Really getting old fast. This week looks decent though, so fingers crossed to stay that way!
Old 05-15-2011, 01:04 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

E85 can make a pretty big difference in power output on FI cars. The only problem is you have to upgrade the entire fuel system to pump out more fuel.
Old 05-15-2011, 01:10 AM
TECH Regular

good runss
Old 05-15-2011, 05:22 AM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Cool video...

Had one these Redlines want some in my Bolt on G8. Basically same mods besides headers. I raped the **** out of him. You get even get header. full bolt ons on that SS and he will not want to race you ever again. Let alone you get a cam. You will totally destroy him even with the camera guy in your car.
Old 05-15-2011, 08:33 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
Cool video...

Had one these Redlines want some in my Bolt on G8. Basically same mods besides headers. I raped the **** out of him. You get even get header. full bolt ons on that SS and he will not want to race you ever again. Let alone you get a cam. You will totally destroy him even with the camera guy in your car.
OP owns a Ford not a Chevy :p
Old 05-15-2011, 11:08 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mach Boy
E85 can make a pretty big difference in power output on FI cars. The only problem is you have to upgrade the entire fuel system to pump out more fuel.
True, but he was on E85 before so that wasn't an issue. I find it weird you can't just put a pulley on and it won'trun even slightly better, but new cars are weird so....

Originally Posted by ohioborn80
Cool video...

That's all coming soon, so a rematch will come shortly. I already raced him back before I sold my car. He even said "I want every advantage I can get" so he didn't have a passenger, and he wanted his 40 roll (absolute deadspot for me) and we only ran for about 60mph but I still got him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5L5Qu1iSSs8

After some mods on the SS, it's game over. God forbid we even do a dig.

Old 05-15-2011, 12:23 PM
TECH Regular

damn that was close. you guys are about even once you exclude the camera guys weight.
Old 05-15-2011, 12:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Looks like a good race, but the Camaro has alot of hidden power, I know back when I did my headers, that my car came alive!!! Seemed to just keep pulling on the big end. I did a back to back track result with my girlfriends bone stock 99 auto camaro.

went 13.5 @ 102 stone stock to the paper filter

then 12.9 @ 108 with headers, slp lid, texas speed x-pipe.
Old 05-15-2011, 01:13 PM
10 Second Club

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

I ment the SS wasn't sure who's it was..Either way good kill. BOlt ons on the SS and its major rape.
Old 05-15-2011, 02:13 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by jthunderz28
damn that was close. you guys are about even once you exclude the camera guys weight.
The difference between me and the other cameraman was 50lbs, IMO that isn't going to swing a race like it did.

Originally Posted by silverz28camaro
Looks like a good race, but the Camaro has alot of hidden power, I know back when I did my headers, that my car came alive!!! Seemed to just keep pulling on the big end. I did a back to back track result with my girlfriends bone stock 99 auto camaro.

went 13.5 @ 102 stone stock to the paper filter

then 12.9 @ 108 with headers, slp lid, texas speed x-pipe.
Wish I would have got to race Erica before I sold it, would have been a damn close race. What gears does she have?

Brendon will be faster than Erica soon enough. Time to mod her car a bit more!
Old 05-15-2011, 04:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

The difference between me and the other cameraman was 50lbs, IMO that isn't going to swing a race like it did.

Wish I would have got to race Erica before I sold it, would have been a damn close race. What gears does she have?

Brendon will be faster than Erica soon enough. Time to mod her car a bit more!
LOL, she still has the 3.23 gears. Her car looks and runs strong. she needs me to build the trans soon, but first she wants the 2in cowl hood.
Old 05-15-2011, 05:03 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by silverz28camaro
LOL, she still has the 3.23 gears. Her car looks and runs strong. she needs me to build the trans soon, but first she wants the 2in cowl hood.
Ew, cowls do not belong on LS1 cars. Sunoco's though, .

Quick Reply: REMATCH: SS vs Ion Redline **vid**