Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

???Mustang vs Cammed Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 12:39 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stockz
http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_167228.asp Just for S&G

At 1.04 you see the car with the stock LS1 heads vs a Full bolt-on LS1 car (when the car was running good.)

At 6.06 the car ran a 347 fully built mustang (I was told it made 680 to the crank) not sure but the stang won by a car.
You wouldn't be from the big easy by any chance would you?
Old 05-26-2011, 12:44 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by odarabla
You wouldn't be from the big easy by any chance would you?
Chattavega

Oddwrath:

I referred to it as a turd, due to the few first post where a few said 88 mph was slow for a cammed car. !
Old 05-26-2011, 12:44 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by oddwraith
This one?

edit: You also said it is "known as a ls1 iron block" which it is not. It is known as the lq block, which it is. Just because something is similar to something else doesn't make it "known as" the same thing. Stupid argument anyways and I think everyone knows what the other is saying so **** on it.
Read the post below since you seem to want to pick the very first post I made regarding this and not the ones where I am trying to explain what I mean by the reference..

O.K. then show proof from some other means that I am wrong!! If I am proved to be wrong I will admitt I am wrong but just word of mouth from another member isn't good enough.. LS1tech, other LS sites,GM, Sponser that build the engine all refer to it as a LS1 truck engine. With the LQ4 and LQ9 just being differrent versions of the LS1 truck engine. Show proof as I have or STFU..
Whats so hard to understand. The LQ4 and LQ9 are just different iron versions of the LS1 motor. If you like you can ask any sponser or mod on here. I already provided you the evidence you needed why are you still questioning it?

Here you go read it for yourself..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GM_LS_engine
You don't know what your talking about!! The 6.0L LQ9-LQ4 is considered a LS1 iron block..
Old 05-26-2011, 12:47 PM
10 Second Club

Chattavega
Gotcha.. The tower in the background of your avitar looks like the one at No problem race way.. I should have paid more attention to the other post.. Sorry for the mix up..
Old 05-26-2011, 12:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Read the post below since you seem to want to pick the very first post I made regarding this and not the ones where I am trying to explain what I mean by the reference..
Yeah I see what you're saying, I did in the first place. But it is not "known as the ls1 iron block" lol, that is just dumb man. It's an lq truck block, you know a 6.0 iron ls based block, from a truck...? Like **** man, you basically called someone out on something and stuck your foot in your mouth, that is all. Some of us called you on it, since you were such a dick in the first place. Like I said, it's a dead issue and I already know what you are saying, I just don't think you do.
Old 05-26-2011, 12:53 PM
10 Second Club

Yeah I see what you're saying, I did in the first place. But it is not "known as the ls1 iron block" lol, that is just dumb man. It's an lq truck block, you know a 6.0 iron ls based block, from a truck...? Like **** man, you basically called someone out on something and stuck your foot in your mouth, that is all. Some of us called you on it, since you were such a dick in the first place. Like I said, it's a dead issue and I already know what you are saying, I just don't think you do.
Got ya!! This isn't entirely true since I don't seem to be the only one that referres to them as that.(Texas Speed, GM, Futral) I get your point but don't think this horse could get any deader!!
Old 05-26-2011, 12:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Sandy vags.
Old 05-26-2011, 01:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It seems the evidence speaks for itself. Thank you thunderstruck for that. I didn't mean to ruffle feathers evident by saying pssst excuse me. I simply am stating fact and making sure misinformation isn't perported as such. Look at it this way say you have 2 puzzles both the same size, pieces, and shape but I guarantee you not all pieces will interchange with each other. So inherently they are similiar but not the same. I never once called any one name like dumb which you misspelled and dipshit. Also there is a reason why college classes don't accept wikipedia as a reference for information. Just something to think about.
Old 05-26-2011, 01:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default Let me just sum this up for everyone who doesn't want to read through all the bs.....

Got ya!! This isn't entirely true since I don't seem to be the only one that referres to them as that.(Texas Speed, GM, Futral) I get your point but don't think this horse could get any deader!!
Really? I was going to quote this and quote that but I'll just sum it all up. You said that a 6.0 was "known as" an iron ls1 block. Indicating that this is what everyone refers to them as. Some were saying this was wrong, and that a 6.0 ls based iron block (the one in question) was "known as" an lq truck block. You called someone out on what they had in their sig, and then you stuck your foot in your mouth. I don't agree with you that 6.0l iron block is commonly known as an "iron ls1 block". A LOT of folks have lq4 and lq9 builds on here, and I don't here that terminology at all. Ls1 block is aluminum, therefore not lq to most people.
Old 05-26-2011, 01:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by The Manalishi
Sandy vags.
Sandy bags.
Old 05-26-2011, 01:38 PM
10 Second Club

Really? I was going to quote this and quote that but I'll just sum it all up. You said that a 6.0 was "known as" an iron ls1 block. Indicating that this is what everyone refers to them as. Some were saying this was wrong, and that a 6.0 ls based iron block (the one in question) was "known as" an lq truck block. You called someone out on what they had in their sig, and then you stuck your foot in your mouth. I don't agree with you that 6.0l iron block is commonly known as an "iron ls1 block". A LOT of folks have lq4 and lq9 builds on here, and I don't here that terminology at all. Ls1 block is aluminum, therefore not lq to most people.
As I said before I am not the only one that refers to them as LS1 truck engines or LS1/LQ4-9 and I proved this by sharing the Texas Speed engine site. Also Wikki (which was discredited) repeated the same thing. I have shared this proof to you showing that I am not the only person on this earth that refers to them in this manner. I never said that everyone refers to them as this but it is correct to refer to them as this. You can keep trying to make the same argument that this isn’t correct but still haven’t put forth any evidence why they should or shouldn’t be referred to as the latter. Do a Google search and you find plenty of people referring to them as 6.0l LS1truck engines but not many arguments that they are not. Now I will say it again! ! This is a dead HORSE!!
Old 05-26-2011, 01:41 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by BigBirdLS1
It seems the evidence speaks for itself. Thank you thunderstruck for that. I didn't mean to ruffle feathers evident by saying pssst excuse me. I simply am stating fact and making sure misinformation isn't perported as such. Look at it this way say you have 2 puzzles both the same size, pieces, and shape but I guarantee you not all pieces will interchange with each other. So inherently they are similiar but not the same. I never once called any one name like dumb which you misspelled and dipshit. Also there is a reason why college classes don't accept wikipedia as a reference for information. Just something to think about.
It's called a typo but thanks for the correction sir and when I was in College there was no Wikipedia..

You want me to apologize for the name calling I will.

Sorry sir for calling you names.
Feel better?
Old 05-26-2011, 01:44 PM
11 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Where has GM referred to a 6.0l as a ls1? (legit question not sarcasm or anything)

This is a HUGE pet peeve of mine personally because it makes shopping for parts or blocks almost impossible if you want a real LS1 because jackasses with a 6.0l calls their iron block crap by that name to get more hits and further promotes the incorrect nomenclature.

To my knowledge there are:

LMx= 4.8/5.3 iron and rarely aluminum (GM named Vortec 4800 or 5300)
LS1= 5.7l aluminum
LQx= 6.0l iron (GM named Vortec 6000)
L92= aluminum truck gen IV
LS2= 6.0l aluminum
LS3= 6.2l aluminum
L99= 6.2l with VVT
LS4= 5.3 aluminum car for fwd cars
LS7= 7.0l aluminum
LS9= 6.2l supercharged
LSA= 6.2l supersharged
Old 05-26-2011, 02:10 PM
10 Second Club

http://198.208.187.166/us/spo/en/new...sx/history.htm

Here is the link that proves me wrong so I formally apologize. But there are still people who refer to them as LS1 iron block truck engines (including Texas Speed) but never a iron LS2. This was the point I was trying to make and the karma of being a jack *** caught back up with me..

To everyone for proving me wrong and now I must be excused as I have to remove my foot from my mouth..
Thanks
Old 05-26-2011, 02:26 PM
10 Second Club

Anyone want to buy a LS1 iron block? Just thought I would show this to you guys..

http://www.speedtweekerz.com/CRATE-E...ort-Block.html

http://texas-speed.com/shop/item.asp?itemid=46

http://hitechmotorsport.com/index.ph...art&Itemid=254

http://mtiracing.com/Purchase/LS-X-E...gh-Compre.html

Last edited by odarabla; 05-26-2011 at 02:50 PM.
Old 05-26-2011, 03:13 PM
11 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

That's the exact **** that pisses me off. You have to dig through that stuff to find places really selling ls1 short/long blocks.

Old 05-26-2011, 03:15 PM
11 Second Club

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_167228.asp Just for S&G

At 1.04 you see the car with the stock LS1 heads vs a Full bolt-on LS1 car (when the car was running good.)

At 6.06 the car ran a 347 fully built mustang (I was told it made 680 to the crank) not sure but the stang won by a car.
I remember that race. Had alot of fun watching. There was a red lt1 car in that race that held its on pretty good. Livingood's cam only 6.0 best trap is 93 at our track. Our da is usally around 2k to 3k in the summer.
Old 05-26-2011, 03:47 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TravisMcGill2000
I remember that race. Had alot of fun watching. There was a red lt1 car in that race that held its on pretty good. Livingood's cam only 6.0 best trap is 93 at our track. Our da is usally around 2k to 3k in the summer.
I wondered when you would drop by!

Guess I just suk racing at the track?????

Anyone have a drive mod for sale
Old 05-26-2011, 04:07 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey stockz...

are your pistons dished? who hand ported your heads? has the car been tuned? all of these could be contributing factors to why the car is slow. using a "truck motor" has little to do with it. big power has been made on the lq motors, with and without the 317 heads. 317 heads basically flow the same as 243s, but have 72cc chambers. it's not uncommon to see milled 317s making good power for a relatively cheap head and minimal work.
Old 05-26-2011, 06:00 PM
11 Second Club

stockz didnt u make over 400 whel. I think hell trap 93ish with dr's