Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Odarabla's infinite BS thread for the foreskinned (AKA Smack Down)

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2013, 09:50 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lawhead
2.3 Whipple'd 2003 Cobra Dragging Rights 2013 - YouTube

Heres the car going 11.4 yesterday the pass it broke as you can tell traction was my enemy

and he was talking to Hammer
Oh my… now THAT is tragic.

Whatta Shame.

Hey… remember the car Lawnhead bought, that the other guy built… and that day, right after he bought it, when the other guy's car ran 10s? Whatta great day that was for the guy that built it. Imagine how proud he was??

Sadly, Lawnhead managed to run it down to an 11 second ride before he broke it.

Last edited by OVA1; 11-17-2013 at 09:59 AM.
Old 11-17-2013, 09:51 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by OVA1
No?

Well… Let's see if I can walk ya through it.

The Member in question demands that his ride be designated a "Street Car".

"Slicks" are NOT legal on THE STREET.

Therefore, a car running 'Slicks', is not legal on 'The Street', thus would not be, within the scope of the minimal legal threshold, considered a 'street car'.

Which naturally, would represent a contradiction, in the simplest of terms, within the member's reasoning… which, in the case of this particular member, would be in keeping with its behavior.

Understand?

Now a Drag Radial, would maintain some consistency, as it is approved for street use and meets the minimal legal threshold… As would a bias-ply such as the MT ET Street… but that would require BP fronts, given the manufacturers emphatic declaration, to the point.
I'm on the Bias ply MT ET Street.....
Old 11-17-2013, 09:53 AM
Launching!

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

Let's throw a curve ball in the mix. My neighbor has a set of Hoosier 28x10.5s with a DOT stamp. Street legal? However they do say something about not being intended or legal for highway use. You know what else says that? Most drag radials.
Old 11-17-2013, 10:02 AM
11 Second Club

I'm on the Bias ply MT ET Street.....
OH! Then why would ya keep claiming that you're runnin' slicks?

LOL! You're a mess.

But I guess that explains why ya don't do much street racin'… 'cause without those Mickey's you're a 12 second car.

Well… I mean back when ya had a car.
Old 11-17-2013, 10:04 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by sw07gt
Let's throw a curve ball in the mix. My neighbor has a set of Hoosier 28x10.5s with a DOT stamp. Street legal? However they do say something about not being intended or legal for highway use. You know what else says that? Most drag radials.
I admire your efficiency. Asking and answering your own questions.
Old 11-17-2013, 10:04 AM
10 Second Club

OH! Then why would ya keep claiming that you're runnin' slicks?

LOL! You're a mess.

But I guess that explains why ya don't do much street racin'… 'cause without those Mickey's you're a 12 second car.

Well… I mean back when ya had a car.
I'm not the one claiming I'm running slicks......
Old 11-17-2013, 10:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

So wait........Doug doesn't dog my ride ? LoL

I could care less about my cred here. I dish out criticism but I also open myself up unlike 80% of the people here. They'd rather just keep secret of what they have and talk.......I've posted more slips, videos, Races than the people ******* me its no biggie here LoL
No, Hio does as well, but it seems as of late you've been a little more aggressive than he has. If you're calling me out, for being secretive, here's what I have 425 wheel H/C/I LS6. That's it. ERL has been building my 434 for roughly
3 weeks now (lead time is 6 weeks) so I should have a LS7 headed 434 by the end of the year. It won't have a donkey D cam in it so it should be in the 560 wheel range.

And yes, you have posted up as much if not more vids and slips than anyone else this year. As for saying its no big deal, don't kid yourself, you wouldn't defend it if you didn't care. Law you seem like a good guy to me, you just like to raz others pretty hard. You have to expect it back when you dish it out pretty heavy.

Originally Posted by sw07gt
I stil can't wrap my head around the logic of the tire argument.

Edit- lol at beater. I don't build junk.
We will see I suppose. Right now, you've built nothing.
Old 11-17-2013, 10:10 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 427zm
No, Hio does as well, but it seems as of late you've been a little more aggressive than he has. If you're calling me out, for being secretive, here's what I have 425 wheel H/C/I LS6. That's it. ERL has been building my 434 for roughly
3 weeks now (lead time is 6 weeks) so I should have a LS7 headed 434 by the end of the year. It won't have a donkey D cam in it so it should be in the 560 wheel range.

And yes, you have posted up as much if not more vids and slips than anyone else this year. As for saying its no big deal, don't kid yourself, you wouldn't defend it if you didn't care. Law you seem like a good guy to me, you just like to raz others pretty hard. You have to expect it back when you dish it out pretty heavy.

I wasn't talking about you being secretive i was just saying I could have been about my car breaking but I open myself up for criticism. I post in here to contribute with Videos , Slips, Races.

I do expect it back never said anything different
Old 11-17-2013, 10:15 AM
11 Second Club

No, Hio does as well, but it seems as of late you've been a little more aggressive than he has. If you're calling me out, for being secretive, here's what I have 425 wheel H/C/I LS6. That's it. ERL has been building my 434 for roughly 3 weeks now (lead time is 6 weeks) so I should have a LS7 headed 434 by the end of the year. It won't have a donkey D cam in it so it should be in the 560 wheel range.
Sweet Mother… That is going to be fun to watch.
Old 11-17-2013, 10:16 AM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Holy ****... It's 70 already... Windy and tornado watch. Wtf it just snowed a few days ago with temps in the teens.
Old 11-17-2013, 10:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by S8ER95Z
Holy ****... It's 70 already... Windy and tornado watch. Wtf it just snowed a few days ago with temps in the teens.
I didn't know tornados appeared this late in the year up there! Wow!
Old 11-17-2013, 10:23 AM
Launching!

This isn't my first modded car.
Old 11-17-2013, 10:25 AM
11 Second Club

I wasn't talking about you being secretive i was just saying I could have been about my car breaking but I open myself up for criticism. I post in here to contribute with Videos , Slips, Races.

I do expect it back never said anything different
Dude…

When will you figure out that YOUR CAR IS IRRELEVANT TO THIS?

You're a douche-bag that runs down other people's WORK!

And it's not razzing… you make it personal.

You buy cars… and there's nothing wrong with that.

But people who buy cars have no right to go around running down the hard work of those who BUILD THEIR CARS!

And… where one claims such a right… the bare assed MINIMUM that they MUST DO to claim such, is to expect ABSOLUTELY NOTHING LESS from those who's work you've slammed.

Racing provides that the system is going to be tested to its max, every time ya run it.

That means that part of racing is BREAKING YOUR ****!

So, no one here is busting your ***** because you broke your ****… we're busting your ***** because you spent so much time ******* our ****, blissfully ignorant that it was only a matter of time before YOU BROKE YOUR ****!

We've been patiently waiting for this … it wasn't a question of 'if', only when.

Now the question becomes, now that you should KNOW this, will it effect your behavior?

I for one do not believe it will… but that's only because I have you penned in as a spineless sociopath.

I suppose time will tell… and rest assured I'm looking forward to the validation.

If it helps… I truly hope I'm wrong. But in my experience with you, I've come to find that it is impossible to underestimate ya.

Good luck with it all… .
Old 11-17-2013, 10:28 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by adamantium
Popasquatonacock i thought you said your car traped 110 in the 1/8? What happened?
Never said it trapped 110. Best trap before with pulley/tune was 99mph. I have not gone to the track week after week to get a bunch of seat time with it. The 102mph trap yesterday was far from ideal. Leaving the line like a grandma, still spinning, and grinding 2nd gear.. which was an issue all day. The car has more mph in it for sure. I don't have the time, nor the want to visit the track every week like others. I work too much.

And for some reason with the name changes to my screen name.. whatever floats your boat man. I'll stay the better man on that one.

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
I don't even know where to start pop.....lol
It is what it is.. a bad day at the track. Even 18" Drag radials would have done worlds of good better than the ones I have. I just wanted to go to see how the car would do down the 1/4 since I have never taken it to one. Drove it 3hr, lower tire pressure and ran. Like I said.. I'm glad I was able to drive it 3 more hrs home.

Buddy…

I just watched your videos and having examined your slips, you uh… (Oh my! I promised I wasn't going to cry!). You're uh…

You're not good, Pop.

Somethin's wrong… And by that I mean to say that something terrible, is terribly wrong.

Im just SO sorry for everything that's happened to you.

If there's ANYTHING I can do… and there isn't, but IF THERE WERE… I want ya to know that I'd do somethin'.

That was … uh… That was awful. Just awful!

Also, IF there were any video of the last time I was at the track, and thank God there is not… I would post it, just for you!

It was pretty much the same soul robbing, sack shrinking ****… One pass after another. And I'm sorry.

I'm just so, SO SORRY!….

OH! Congrats on the 102 1/8th mile trap… you, uh…

U duh man.
Sorry man

I don't have thousands of hours of seat time at the track like yourself.

Matter of fact, with this car, I would say I have a total of less than 25 passes at the track.

2nd gear is an issue on the car when the tires want to break loose. Has a **** remote shifter arm setup. Poly motor mounts seem to have helped others.

Oh and.. one last little tidbit. I DROVE my car down the track.. be it aweful or not... I had to shift some gears, not press my foot to the floor with an automatic and steer.

You wouldn't want to roll up on me on the highway.

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Mines not broke....been driving it. Still have some things to sort out like I want. But you can lay money on this. I can run
very very near times the way I drive it to work. We don't know what it will run now. But until I get back to the track it's a 11.0@131 STREET car. Not a 10.7@131 if you can wait till I get home to put my slicks on poser street car. Just the way it is whether you like it or not.

Sure there's always gonna be someone faster. I don't even try to be fastest. If I were worried about being faster instead of just enjoying tinkering with my car the ls7 would've been in the car 2 years ago. My local track only has 1 race left I think and I will have to work the weekends till the end of the year more than likely.
The difference is though Hio, is you know as well as I do.. claiming to run street setup at the track because you want to run what it runs on the street is nonsense. The track has alot more traction and prep than the street, and it won't be comparable.

Originally Posted by Guitar
I thought I saw your car in the lanes but might not have been. Don't worry..I did .1 less than my PB on the first pass and couldn't get anything to go after that. I was hoping for a big improvement but it didn't happen...making only 5-6 passes like 30 minutes - 2 hours out from each other doesn't help for testing for me. But it was a good event. Packed too. And the strip was breaking cars left and right.

Heater what was up with the 8 second Fox? Was he even legal for the class?
Yeah I was there every so often. Was a frustrating day to say the least. Had I took some slicks on my 15x10s, it might have been a much better day.

If I cared what other people thought, I would not have posted the slips and vids up. Got some work to do at the strip for sure if I choose to continue to go... like I have mentioned in many other posts on here... I do not like to beat on the car.
But if the naysayers want to line em up on the highway, I'm sure they won't challenge that the car will do work.
Old 11-17-2013, 10:30 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Heater
When you drive 3 hours to a track and run a car, you're more worried about breaking it than you are a new best.

You drove the car there, you ran it and you drove it home.... sounds like a winning situation to me. A lot of cars weren't as lucky as you was. Tow trucks were making some good money at that track yesterday. 10 bolts and half shafts were breaking left and right.
Alot of breakage yesterday. Glad it wasn't mine. I am still on the factory 2pc driveshaft, and I am way over the suggested rwhp range for it right now.
Old 11-17-2013, 10:30 AM
12 Second Club

I didn't know tornados appeared this late in the year up there! Wow!
Yeah we have two tornado seasons. But the fall one usually does nothing.

http://www.crh.noaa.gov/dvn/?n=11222010_severeweather
From 2010... November 22nd... This almost exactly the same as that event.

Last edited by S8ER95Z; 11-17-2013 at 10:42 AM.
Old 11-17-2013, 10:46 AM
Staging Lane

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

My new daily

Old 11-17-2013, 10:57 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2SSARME
My new daily

Nice ride mang!
Old 11-17-2013, 11:01 AM
Launching!

Bought a complete aluminum block 5.3 last night for $500. Pretty pumped. Should be a nice fit for the next project.
Old 11-17-2013, 11:03 AM
12 Second Club

That's what my car has now... A 2005+ 5.3l block (l33??).

Quick Reply: Odarabla's infinite BS thread for the foreskinned (AKA Smack Down)